Attendants for William and Harry's Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CasiraghiTrio

Heir Apparent , TRF Author, Royal Blogger
City
Burbank
Country
United States
I am wondering who everyone thinks will be in their wedding parties?
I am thinking for bridesmaids/"flower girls": Margarita Armstrong-Jones and Lady Louise for sure, and for the pages, perhaps Lady Helen Taylor's sons?

What about Tom Parker Bowles' child? Well, when it's born that is...;)

I thought of him/her too, if they are old enough. Also I thought of the newborn of the Earl and Countess of Ulster, Xan, Lord Culloden. :flowers:

I can imagine him/her being old enough - I can't imagine there being weddings any time soon...well, not in the next couple of years anyway.

Does anyone know if any royal children were bridesmaids/pageboys at Anne, Charles, or Andrew's weddings?? I can remember Edward and Sophie had godchildren and family friends, and there was a big deal made at the time about Beatrice and Eugenie just being guests.

Royal bridesmaids and pages

Nichola said:
Does anyone know if any royal children were bridesmaids/pageboys at Anne, Charles, or Andrew's weddings?? I can remember Edward and Sophie had godchildren and family friends, and there was a big deal made at the time about Beatrice and Eugenie just being guests.

Princess Ann had Prince Edward and Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones in her wedding.

Lady Sarah was also in Prince Charles' wedding as well as Lord Nicholas Windsor.

Prince Andrew had Prince William, Zara Phillips and Peter Phillips.

Doesn't that depend on when the two princess get married? If they are getting married next year or ten years from now makes a difference I think.

Wasn't William in Andrew's wedding? I can't remember if he was old enough or not, but I think he was.

Flower girls and pages

Bridesmaids and Pages at Royal Weddings:

Princess Anne only had

Lady Sarah Armstrong Jones and Prince Edward

Princess Charles had

Lady Sarah Elizabeth Armstrong-Jones
Lord Nicholas Windsor
Miss India Hicks
Mr. Edward van Custem
Miss Clementine Hambro
Miss Sarah Gaslee
Miss Catherine Cameron

Prince Andrew had:

Lady Rosanagh Innes-Ker
Alice Ferguson
Laura Fellowes
Zara Philips
Peter Philips
Prince William of Wales
Andrew Ferguson
Seamus Makim

Prince Edward Had:

Camilla Hadden
Olivia Taylor
Felix Sowerbutts
Henry Warburton

Lady Sarah Armstrong Jones had:

Lady Frances Armstrong-Jones
Zara Phillips
Tara Noble

I hope soon! I am really wanting another royal wedding!!!!!

Well if they get married in a few years time I would expect Lady Louise and Margarita Armstrong-Jones to be bridesmaids. However they might not get married for another ten years or so. Then maybe the children that may come from Zara or Peter Phillips. The brides family must also be considered for bridal party

Royal Fan said:
Wonder where they will marry

I think either Westminster Abbey or St. Paul's Cathedral is a good bet. Since the British royal family is at the point where they can't just have a small wedding ceremony (especially for the future king and his brother) so I don't think they will go with the traditional places like any of the Windsor chapels or the Chapel Royal at St. James Palace.

Best Man Prince Henry Groomsman James Middleton Maid of Honor Catherines Sister the rest not sure.

i would love to see harry marrying in st. paul's cathedral. westminster abbey is kind of dark if you ask me.

i think sophie's children will be pages of william and kate's wedding.

i would love to see harry marrying in st. paul's cathedral. westminster abbey is kind of dark if you ask me.

i think sophie's children will be pages of william and kate's wedding.

I have always liked St. Paul's as well, a lot more light and open floor plan.

For Prince Harry's wedding, his nephew Prince George could be a pageboy. Henry's niece Princess Charlotte could be a bridesmaid.

Harry it depends on when and who he marries. I would hope some of the flower girls and page boys came from her family and friends. I found it a bit sad that all of Kate's were William's family and godchildren.

There are plenty of children options in the family and among friends as well. That number is likely to grow (family wise by Zara, maybe Kate and even of the Yorks perhaps) depending on how long till he marries.

Say if he married in five years, his options:

flower girls:
Charlotte- 6
Mia-7
Eva Branson (daughter of Sam Branson)-6
Isla Philipps- 9

page boys:
George-8
Jasper Dyer (Harry's godson)- 9
Charlie (Hugh's) or Louis (Edward's) Van Cutsem- 9

As his friends have been marrying, there are likely to be some more child options popping up as well as with his cousins.

Last edited:
Countessmeout, I absolutely like how you express that some of the pageboys and flower girls should be from the wife's side. All is fair in love and marriage.
:princess3::princess3::princess3::princess3::princess3::princess3::heart1::heart1::heart1::heart1::heart1::heart1:

I too think there will probably be a mix, for Harry's wedding, of children close to both the bride and groom.

I believe that George will almost certainly be a pageboy and Charlotte, if she is old enough, will be a flower girl. Harry is close to Zara, and so Mia will also be almost a sure pick IMO.

Harry's friends are very close to him and besides his godson, Jake Warren and his wife Zoe's twins might be an option in another three or four years.

Although any adult bridesmaids/matrons of honour would almost certainly be the bride's choice, I think it would be quite nice if Eugenie, who's been very close to Harry throughout her twenties, might get a spot. I don't believe it will happen, just think it would be lovely if she did.

:previous: Do the British ever use adult bridesmaids??? Kate certainly didn't. Nor do I recall his father or Uncles' wedding including adult bridesmaids.

Pippa was an adult, wasn't she? It's true that the BRF use lots of young attendants, but royals in the past have certainly had adult bridesmaids, if only to control the little ones! The Queen had eight bridesmaids for example, headed by Princess Margaret and Alexandra of Kent, lots of cousins and daily connections, several of them no longer children.

Diana had masses of youngsters to choose from, relatives from the Spencer side and all the children at the nursery school she had worked at, for instance. Her sisters were both married, so wouldn't have made suitable bridesmaids anyway.

I guess it would depend on the bride if she wanted sisters or cousins to be attendants, whether adult or not, though there are bound to be page boys and flower girls there as well.

Last edited:
Oops :ohmy: I forgot Pippa. Not sure how I forgot her backside :lol: But isn't common. Diana, Fergie, Sophie and Anne (first marriage) only had children. Diana's sisters, even if married, could have served as bridesmaids/matron of honor, common enough. Or a cousin or friend. If Harry's bride has an older bridesmaid pretty sure it would be her own family or friend, not his cousin. A bridesmaid/maid of honor is a far more personal choice than flower girls which are usually chosen more on age.

Sarah Armstrong Jones was 18 when Charles and Diana married so not really a child. Zara had an adult maid of honor like Kate did.

It hard to speculate with Harry since we don't know when or who he is going to marry.

Kate didn't have any young relatives to be in the bridal party. She only has 3 first cousins (2 are adults plus Uncle Gary's teenager) and Pippa and James have no kids yet. Now there are some young godchildren/children of friends near George's age but you don't want just toddlers in the group you need older kids or an adult.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Back
Top Bottom