Best Floral Arrangements

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm in the minority as a I loved the trees! Graceful and IMO mirrored the architecture of the Abbey interior. Also I liked the idea that they would be planted afterwards.

I liked Mary and Frederik but the red/pink was a bit overwhelming at times. For balconies I really thought that WA and Max had the most beautiful arrangement.

I loved the trees too! It looked like the trees created a more intimate atmosphere as the Abbey's ceilings are really high.

Rather than hideous I'd say oout of place...they simply didn't belong there... I also loved the decorations of the monegasque wedding

The Monaco wedding looked like a movie set, but it was simply gorgeous in full effect. That horseshoe staircase in the Palace Courtyard simply cannot be beat, imo.

I'm in the minority as a I loved the trees! Graceful and IMO mirrored the architecture of the Abbey interior. Also I liked the idea that they would be planted afterwards.

I liked Mary and Frederik but the red/pink was a bit overwhelming at times. For balconies I really thought that WA and Max had the most beautiful arrangement.

I agree. The Dutch are masters in flower decorations:

The balcony on 30-04-13 (note the oranges!)

I absolutely loved the red and pink flowers at Frederik and Mary's wedding. It was just breathtaking:

http://youtu.be/3txxVAMwWHg

I especially loved it in the entrance.

Interestingly the florist for the Swedish Royal Court was called in to help do the flowers for the wedding of Stephanie and Guillaume of Luxembourg.

I guess that explains why Stephanie and Guillaume had such lovely floral arrangements in the Cathedral.

The Swedish weddings and christenings consistently have the most stunning floral decorations imaginable.

I loved the trees in Westminster! They made the Abbey look much brighter and greener.

Fergie went for flowers in the abbey and I much preferred them to Kate's trees. Sarah had peach and cream roses adorning the pillars rather than trying to hide them, a huge arch of roses above the choir screen and matching trestles of flowers on the altar. I think the abbey needed this as it's an impressive church but quite dark and dreary inside and I don't think those trees did anything to "lift" it at all. I also liked the all white floral arrangement on the marble staircase at the Monaco wedding, it was stunning.

Last edited:
The Monaco wedding looked like a movie set, but it was simply gorgeous in full effect. That horseshoe staircase in the Palace Courtyard simply cannot be beat, imo.

I usually agree with you, Moonmaiden, but on this I can't. I thought the Monaco wedding was tacky. It was way over the top and was too theatrical for my personal taste. Just my opinion.

Mariage princier en la cathédrale St-Michel et Gudule | SONUMA
Here is a YouTube clip from Philipe and Mathilde's wedding.

The church flowers, from what I can see, are beautiful. Her bouquet, on the other hand, looks like she picked up a blooming shrub and carried it in.

Mary and Frederik's church flowers were gorgeous, but again, I did not like her bouquet. I have really tried to, but it hasn't grown on me over the years - and I usually like Mary's taste.

Mathilde's flowers

The church flowers, from what I can see, are beautiful. Her bouquet, on the other hand, looks like she picked up a blooming shrub and carried it in.

Mary and Frederik's church flowers were gorgeous, but again, I did not like her bouquet. I have really tried to, but it hasn't grown on me over the years - and I usually like Mary's taste.
I quite agree with you. The flowers in the church were lovely. But, that is the largest bride's bouquet I have ever seen. I think of Mathilde as elegant and sweet. But, the bouquet looked like a whole bush. I wonder what she would say about it now.

I must say I have never paid that much attention to the flowers I always focused on the couple and " the dress" now I want to go back and watch them again to take notice of the flowers

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I agree. The Dutch are masters in flower decorations:

The balcony on 30-04-13 (note the oranges!)
Great balcony but not their wedding. However, the balcony itself is gorgeous and the King's Day flowers are wonderful. Anything more would have ruined the effect.

Here is another angle of the above photo.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...er,_Queen_Maxima_and_their_daughters_2013.jpg

And here is the wedding balcony.

https://myroyal.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/dff3.jpg?w=470

Both are gorgeous and it's lovely to see that they don't feel the need to obscure the entire balcony.

The flowers at Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones wedding were beautiful. Her bouquet, the greens interwoven into her tiara, the bridesmaids bouquets and the flowers in their hair--simple, elegant, beautiful

That was a beautiful wedding very elegant

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Great balcony but not their wedding. However, the balcony itself is gorgeous and the King's Day flowers are wonderful. Anything more would have ruined the effect.

Here is another angle of the above photo.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...er,_Queen_Maxima_and_their_daughters_2013.jpg

And here is the wedding balcony.

https://myroyal.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/dff3.jpg?w=470

Both are gorgeous and it's lovely to see that they don't feel the need to obscure the entire balcony.

The wedding flowers are very beautiful as is thr balcony itself.

I quite agree with you. The flowers in the church were lovely. But, that is the largest bride's bouquet I have ever seen. I think of Mathilde as elegant and sweet. But, the bouquet looked like a whole bush. I wonder what she would say about it now.

I was wondering the same thing, MissBird. I wonder what Queen Mathilde thinks as she looks at it now.

:previous: So beautiful!

But my new favorite wedding florals are Edo and Beatrice's.

Just beyond gorgeous and perfect!?

Nice thread!

My favorite wedding floral arrangements remain Lady Gabriella Windsor (St George’s chapel stairs), Felipe & Letizia, Frederik & Mary. I also like Victoria and Daniel’s despite the strong color blocks (blue, purple, yellow).

Online you can find some incredible high res pics of the flowers at Frederik and Mary before the wedding, in the empty cathedral. They are truly astonishing. The cathedral is also beautiful and I love that the Danish Court added the gilded candelabras around the presbiterium. They add a truly regal vibe.

I personally dislike florals from Haakon and M-M, all Dutch and Lux weddings. They are all terrible to me.

When it comes to the bouquet of Mathilde, Queen Paola insisted on having it made from the flowers from Laeken Gardens; but it was December and the flowers were basically inexistent. The bride also complained the bouquet was very heavy and it’s quite visibile in the videos. She struggles to handle it, I see. But I think she didn’t have much of a choice. I can’t find the source of this, but it was a reliable source.

I love Clotilde of Savoy’s and Claire of Belgium’s bouquets.

Back
Top Bottom