Best Royal Brides & Wedding Dresses

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Of this year, I would have to say that Princess Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg wore one of my (now) favourite bridal gowns. It was just beautiful. :)

Danielle said:
Of this year, I would have to say that Princess Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg wore one of my (now) favourite bridal gowns. It was just beautiful. :)

Do you have a picture of the dress so we can look at it?:D

I adored Mette-Marit's dress. It was flawless. I also loved the Valentino creation that Maxima wore on her big day. She never looked more beautiful than she did at her wedding. I adored QMII's wedding gown. It was gorgeous and timeless.

I did not like Marie-Chantal's dress. The top of the dress looked like she was wearing a sweater. Too much material for a small-framed person.

What was Mabel thinking? The bows. 248 bows! Here a bow, there a bow, everywhere a bow-bow! I couldn't stop laughing when I saw the pictures of the wedding.

Best Royal Wedding dresses

I know there is a thread for the Brides who didn't look good on their wedding day and why their dresses did not make the cut...so I wanted to start a thread on the best Royal wedding dresses.

What do you think..which Royal Bride and dress looked AMAZING on the wedding day?

I'll start with the Infanta Cristina.

I absolutely love Christina's dress.. it is gorgeous.

Zonk1189 said:
I know there is a thread for the Brides who didn't look good on their wedding day and why their dresses did not make the cut...so I wanted to start a thread on the best Royal wedding dresses.

What do you think..which Royal Bride and dress looked AMAZING on the wedding day?

I'll start with the Infanta Cristina.

Zonk, I found the thread you were looking for - Favorite Wedding Dress. It was buried a few pages back so its understandable you missed it. I merged the two together.

Thanks Ysbel!

BEST
1. Infanta Cristina (She looked Perfect)
2. Princess Claire ( She looked great )
3. Princess Grace ( beautiful )
4. Princess Mary ( Elegant )
5. Camilla ( stylish )

WORST
1. Princess Mabel ( Too many bows...)
2. Princess Mathilde ( Terrible)
3. Princess Letizia ( Terrible )
4. Princess Mette Marit ( Dissapointment )
5. Princess Marie Chantal ( Tacky )

Best:
Crown Princess Letizia of Spain
Crown Princess Maxima of Netherlands
Princess Grace of Monaco
Princess Clotilde
Princess Mary of Denmark
Princess Anita
Infanta Cristina

Worst:
Princess Adelaide
Princess Stephanie of Monaco
Princess Mathilde of Belgium
Queen Sylvia of Sweden
Infanta Elena

Last edited:
Best:
Maxima of the Netherlands
Aimée van Vollenhoven
Margrethe of Denmark
Claire of Belgium
Mette-Marit of Norway
Tatjana of Liechtenstein
Fabiola of Belgium

Worst:
Mabel of the Netherlands
Annette of the Netherlands
Lauentien of the Netherlands

Best
Princess Grace
Letizia of Spain
Maxima of Netherlands
Camilla

Worst
Mabel of Netherlands
Mary of Denmark
Sophie Wessex

best
Princess Maxima of NL
Margrethe of Denmark

worst
Princess Letizia of Spain
Princess Mabel of NL

Favorites
Lady Helen Windsor
Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones
Princess Margaret
Princess Maxima
Princess Matilde
Princess Mette-Marit

Least Favorite
Princess Anne
Princess Elizabeth
Princess Mary-
Princess Litizia

royal brides

can you post pictures of teh wedding dresses in discussion or alink to all of the wedding dresses? I'm really interested in seeing the wedding dresses.

tanya said:
can you post pictures of teh wedding dresses in discussion or alink to all of the wedding dresses? I'm really interested in seeing the wedding dresses.

Tanya, you can search the Old, New, Royal and Blue subforum by clicking on 'Search this forum' located on the top right corner of the wedding forum. Just put in the name of the bride, and you'll get the pictures. So, you don't have to wait for other to post the pictures, you can search and look for yourself.

Quick question: I've noticed that many of the brides wear long sleeved gowns. Is that a tradition?

BurberryBrit said:
Quick question: I've noticed that many of the brides wear long sleeved gowns. Is that a tradition?

It's kind of a "not-show-too-much" tradition, in her time Infanta Cristina was critizied (by Peñafiel, who else?:mad: :mad: ) because her dress let the shoulders bare, so it's kind of hide as much as possible, I don't think you'll see a royal bride with an strapless or sleveless dress any time soon

For me:
Best
Infanta Cristina (incredible beautiful)
Princess Maxima (She looks radiant)
Princess Grace (like a queen)
Princess Mary of Denmark (delicate like her)

Worst
Laura Ponte (I will never use it)
Princess Mabel (so full of things)
Princess Letizia (I did'nt like the jacket and the skirt)
Princess Diana (in 80s maybe was beautiful but now it looks bad)

I liked the most :

1) Princess Mathilde and Princess Letizia
2) Princess Claire
3) Princess Maxima

4) Princess Anita
5) Infante Christina
6) Princess Mette-Marit
7) Princess Martha-Louise
8) Camilla
9) Queen Paola

The most ugly dress I had ever seen :
1)Princess Mabel

I didn't like very much :

1) Princess Mary
2) Princess Alexandra
3) Princess Annette
4) Pincess Diana
5) Sophie of Wessex

crisiñaki said:
It's kind of a "not-show-too-much" tradition, in her time Infanta Cristina was critizied (by Peñafiel, who else?:mad: :mad: ) because her dress let the shoulders bare, so it's kind of hide as much as possible, I don't think you'll see a royal bride with an strapless or sleveless dress any time soon

I think it's a wonderful tradition for royal brides not to show too much. But I have to agree, Infanta Cristina looked stunning, her dress was beautiful. It was just perfect, the bare shoulders fitted in perfectly well with the whole gown. Just as they did with princess Claire of Belgium, who had one of the best royal wedding dresses ever, I really adored it with all the lace.

Maxie said:
I think it's a wonderful tradition for royal brides not to show too much. But I have to agree, Infanta Cristina looked stunning, her dress was beautiful. It was just perfect, the bare shoulders fitted in perfectly well with the whole gown. Just as they did with princess Claire of Belgium, who had one of the best royal wedding dresses ever, I really adored it with all the lace.
I also agree . to my the dress is very original, simple and spectacular. and made she loooked stunning.

crisiñaki said:

I have to say that infanta Cristina bridal dress was a copy of the dress that she wore at her sister wedding evening gala, she looked stunning that day just the opposite of her sister, the press even said that "she stole the show", so when Cristina married I was not surprised she chose a kind of the same dress.
Some people specially people linked to the church censured her bridal dress because it let her shoulders bare... and, of course, Penafiel critizied it as well!!

(excuse my English)

princess grace
princess claire
& princess sarah-i like ivory
and my least favourite
is princess mabel-way to many bows imo unnaturally to many bows

Did you all realize that the dress used by Luana on her christening was a carbon copy of her mother's wedding dress? That woman REALLY doesn't have an excuse now:mad: , she made a little innocent creature wear that monstruosity:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I really don't know her name, but I know she is the current crown princess of Brunie.I LOVED her wedding dress and her flowers.However, I wasn't quite pleased with Princess Letizia and Princess Mary choice of dresses.They usually dress very elegently, but I don't know what they were thinking when they picked out those two dresses.I also really like Princess Mette-Marit's dress.It was simple, yet beautiful.:)

Laraib said:
I really don't know her name, but I know she is the current crown princess of Brunie.I LOVED her wedding dress and her flowers.However, I wasn't quite pleased with Princess Letizia and Princess Mary choice of dresses.They usually dress very elegently, but I don't know what they were thinking when they picked out those two dresses.I also really like Princess Mette-Marit's dress.It was simple, yet beautiful.:)

Can you post a link so we can see the dress you like so much?:D
Thanks in advance

crisiñaki said:
Can you post a link so we can see the dress you like so much?:D
Thanks in advance

Princess Sarah of Brunei wore several lavish and ornately designed dresses on her wedding day. Not to mention the gold flower bouquet she carried. You can view the pictures from the pre-wedding ceremonies leading up to the wedding day here

pdas1201 said:
Princess Sarah of Brunei wore several lavish and ornately designed dresses on her wedding day. Not to mention the gold flower bouquet she carried. You can view the pictures from the pre-wedding ceremonies leading up to the wedding day here

Wow, it's good to be the princess of one of the richest countries of the world, specially if your family is the political ruler and you can spend as much money as you want;)

I loved then Crown Princess Margrethes wedding dress- it was so beautiful and really really suited her. i could never wear anything like that, as she is about a foot taller than me and considerably slimmer too!
I also loved the wedding dress of Crown Princess Beatrix, and the dress of Mary Donalson was nice too, but I think the shoulders were a bit too wide for my liking, and the colour put me off. it would have been nicer if it was white.but i liked the skirt of it and the gorgeous family veil she wore and the wedding tiara!:)

Back
Top Bottom