Best Royal Brides & Wedding Dresses

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Favorites:

1. Queen Margrethe of Denmark/Princess Margaret of England (Both Classics)
2. Princess Anne of England (first marriage) - loved the Mediveal look
3. CP Mette Marit - Dreamlike simplicity

Least Favorites:

Diana, Princess of Wales. (the bottom was OK but the Top:eek: }
Mabel of The Netherlands - Design fine But the Bows:eek:
Kalina of Bulgara - the least said the better IMO

In reality, it has been really hard to come to a decision. There are some really beautiful Royal Wedding dresses.
scott

I agree with a lot of you

I've read the posts - agree with many of you but will add my own opinion, too:

Worst:
1) Camilla - not so much the dress but the hat - I thought her hair was standing up on top of her head, or that she had straw on her hair. And I just thought the whole wedding was a mockery...but that's another matter.
2) Much as I love Diana, Princess of Wales, the dress looked so wrinkled. But it was stylish and looked like a fairy tale dress, so I'm torn about whether to like or dislike it.

Best:
1) Princess Grace - such a classic beauty she was, and her dress reflected that. Elegant and simple and beautiful.
2) Sarah Ferguson - she looked amazing and had dieted and was slimmer...I think it reflected how hard she was trying to fit into the family.

Dutch Royals - Daugther in Law

Which of the Best bridal dress?

1- Maxima
2- Laurentine
3- Mabel
4- Marilene
5- Annette
6- Anita

maybe we should wait and see, which dress Aimée will choose in October ;)

Tina

ok Tina
but have a 6 bride for Dutch Family

Best:
MM (love how it flowed)
Mary (love the veil, and top)
Queen of Denmark( gorgeous)

Worst:
Letizia (hated the neckline sooooooooo much!!!!, the shirt was nice)
Maxima (werid werid werid neckline)
Alexandra of Denmark (too big for a small girl)

BEST:
Princess Claire
Crown Prncess Mary
Crown Princess Mette-Marit
HSH Princess Grace
Lady Sarah Chatto

WORST:
There are too many to name.;)

best:
- Alexandra of Kent
- Claire of Belgium & Anita of Orange-Nassau (the same concept)
- Princess Maxima of the Netherlands
- Queen Margarethe II of Denmark
- Infanta Cristina of Spain
- Archduchess Fransesca of Austria
- Princess Aimee of Orange-Nassau
- Princess Tatiana of Liechtenstein
- Archduchess Catharina of Austria

worst:
- CP Mary (the veil was placed very odly, the tiara was hardly visible and the apron in front of the skirt was strange, a bit farmerlike and the train was to long and seemed out of place, as if in the end the designer noticed that something was missing & he just took extra material and quickly attached the train)
- Princess Kalina of Bulgaria (she could work in an haunted house in a themeparc with that thing)
- Princess Astrid of Belgium (what was she thinking?)
- Princess Diana of Wales (to overwhelming, wrinkly etc)
- Queen Sylvia of Sweden (very disappointing, it did nothing for her)
- Princess Christina of The Netherlands

Last edited:
Poll

Which Princess have most beautiful, noble and beautiful wedding dress?

1- Maxima
2- Laurentine
3- Mabel
4- Marilene
5- Annette
6- Anita

Last edited:
1 queen siliva of sweden
2 princess märtha-louise of norway
3 cp mary of denmark

worst...
diana or mette-marit:rolleyes:

Best:

1-CP Maxima of Netherlands
2-CP Letizia of Spain
3-P Anita of Netherlands

Worst:
1-CP Mary of Denmark

SpiffyBallerina said:
Best:
Martha Louise of Norway
Margrethe of Denmark - Perfecto!!!!
Mathilde of Belgium
Letizia of Spain
Claire of Belgium
Maxima of the Netherlands

Worst:
Mabel of Orange-Nassau (that woman had NO excuse)
Astrid of Belguim (but I give her a break because it was the 80's and that was just an unfortunate time in fashion history)
Diana of Wales (see above)
Beatrix of the Netherlands (the short veil didn't do it for me and the dress was kinda a mess)

I now have to fix my list! I forgot all about the disaster that was Marie-Chantel's dress. She was trying way too hard to be like Princess Grace.

And I think, like a lot of other people apparently, that Mary looked very farm-girl in her dress. Maybe it was her hair; maybe it was the cut of the skirt - it wasn't that great.

I would also like to add Princess Anita to my best list. Yes, it's obvious that she copied Claire of Belgium, but that dress was so pretty that any smart woman would want to wear something similar. The very delicate lace matched her very sweet smile and I loved it!

I liked and disliked a lot of dresses, actually. Difficult to reduce the number of it to three, so I won't even try it.:rolleyes:

I really liked:
-
Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands (just very simple & elegant, with beautiful hair and veil).
-Princess Maxima of the Netherlands(that veil was gorgeous, as was the dress).
- Princess Anita of the Netherlands(loved the lace).
- Princess Mathilde of Belgium (that neckline! And a very beautiful dress and veil of course. A bit different, I like that).
- Princess Claire of Belgium (the lace again, I think she was my absolute favorite, but it's hard to choose).
- Queen Fabiola of Belgium (a very classy and stylish dress for those years. And again a beautiful veil).
- Princess Letzia of Spain (it reminded me a bit of Mathildes dress, and I especially liked the embroidery on it).

The following dresses I didn't like too much (but I have to note that the brides looked good after all, because normally I always think a bride looks good, but I don't necessarily have to like the dress she's wearing...;)):

- Princess Mary of Denmark: There was something about the dress I didn't like. Can not exactly say what it was. I think it was merely the fabric I didn't like. And there was something weird about the lower part of the dress.
- Princess Diana: Too puffy, but I have to give her a break too. The eighties were terrible, seen in a fashionable light! (Probably we'll think the same about our period of time within ten years or so) ;).
- Princess Mabel of the Netherlands: Well, what can we say about her? Those bows, those bows! But apart from the bows I really liked the cut of her dress, to be honest.
- Princess Christina of the Netherlands: Have you ever seen that dress? Somebody should have helped her, that's for sure!

My favourites

1- Princess Maxima: simple and elegant for a winter wedding.
2- Princess Letizia: Loved the veil and neckline
3- Princess Anita: simple with great lace detail
4- Princess Mary: beautiful veil, train and a great cut that showed off her figure and yet was very elegant
5- Princess Martha Louise: love the sleeves and personal detail (A for Ari on her dress) as well as the dress under the jacket.

Worst
Princess Mabel (those bows!) and anything in the 80s.

Most Beautiful
Princess Grace of Monaco
Princess Maxima of the Netherlands
Crownprincess Mette Marit of Norway
Princess Märthe Louise of Norway
Princess Claire of Belgium
Princess Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
Queen Elizabeth II.
Sophie Wessex

Last edited:
Worst
Princess Mabel of the Netherlands
Crownprincess Mary of Denmark
Princess Diana of Wales
Princess Noor Hamzah of Jordan
Lady Helen Taylor

Best:
1. Infanta Cristina of Spain (my all time favorite, sooooo elegant, perfect cut and beatiful veil. Truly regal in all senses);
2. Princess Letizia of Spain (great work in the embroidery, the gorgeous veil and the elegant neckline).
3. Grance Kelly (a realy fairytail dress, timeless)

A special mention the the dress of Queen Sofia, also very regal and beautiful :)

Worst:
1. Mabel Wisse Smith (all those bows :confused: )
2. Princess Mary of Denmark (the skirt was quite strange and i didn´t liked the neckline specialy in the zone of the sholders)
3. Marie-Chantal (toooo much)

The best:
1- princess mary
2- princess maxima
3- princess mette-marit

the worst:
1- princess mabel
2- infanta letizia

I love both Queen Margrethe and Queen Anne Marie, beautiful timeless dresses, stunning tiaras and the veil looked wonderful on them

Mette-Marit, the dress was so dreamy to me and a real artwork, 100s of metres of fabric and hardly a stich to be seen. I only wish the veil had been the same lengt as the train

Infanta Cristina, perfect dress, perfect veil, hair, flowers and jewellery and handsom groom. Perfect.

I also like Claire and Anitas dresses very much

worst
Marie Chantal: to much of everything and swamped her tiny frame, it was like she tried to be Grace and failed completely

Mary: The whole dress was so dated to me, the lump of hair, that badly plased tiara and veil and the skirt with wrinkled panels, and the way the train was attched with clip-ons made it a terrible dress IMO

Princess Annette, such a sweet and beautiful woman in the totally wrong, wrinkled marengue of a dress.

Then there are the 80s dresses like Diana and Astrid but they were from the most unfortunate fashion decade so Ill leave them out

Best

Princess Letizia of Spain
Infanta Cristina of Spain
Queen Sofia of Spain
Princess Claire of Belgium
Prince Mathilde of Belgium
Queen Margrethe of Denmark
Princess Maxima of The Netherlands
Princess Laurentien of The Netherlands
Princess Mette-Marit of Norway
Princess Grace of Monaco

Worst (nothing against the royal ladies themselves, just that their dresses weren't my cup of tea)

Kalina of Bulgaria
Princess Mabel of The Netherlands
Princess Annette of The Netherlands
Laura Ponte
Princess Mary of Denmark
Princess Stephanie of Monaco
Alexandra of Denmark
Queen Silvia of Sweden

Best wedding dresses

Which royal wedding dress was the best??
For me, it HAS to be Camillas.Although Iam not a very big fan of hers, I must say she has some good fashion sense.I mean, a lot of people were just waiting for her to mess up, but she blew everyone away with that dress of her.
What about you?:)

Her dress was very nice, it used a popular design but added an extra kick. I liked Letizia's a lot too. I thought it modern, elegant and very beutiful. It kinda looked like Camillas.

i like wedding dress of : Letizia of Spain, Mary of Denmark, Claire of Belgium and Cristina of Spain.

I have to agree, (1) Camilla's dress was great!
(2) Letizia looked amazing and so did (3) Princess Haya of Jordan (which makes a change), coz she usually picks some really bad outfits! On her wedding though, it was pure understated elegance.

Best
1) A tie between Princess Maxima and Infanta Cristina:)

2) Princess Claire

3) Queen Sofia

4) Queen Fabiola (like in the case of Queen Sofia I didn't find both dresses that beautiful until last year, when, due to Prince Felipe's wedding, the Spanish TVE broadcasted a special programme on royal weddings, and I "discover" that both dresses were gorgeous! Both queens looked absolutely stunning in those images!)

5) Princess Mary

Worst
Kalina:eek: :confused:

Laura Ponte (I'm sure during the twenties those gowns were considered absolutely beautiful, but for me they were horrible!:eek: )

Queen Noor (One of the most elegant Royal Women ever, but I wouldn't have guessed it was a bridal dress if it wasn't for the veil :( )

Best:
1. Infanta Cristina : elegant, simple, encased her body perfectly:) (Everybody agrees she did one of the best choices in bridal dress)
2. Grace of Monaco: she was so beautiful and the dress showed that
3. Crown Princess Máxima: it looked very good on her

Worse: a lot of dresses:( :
1. Diana: the ultimate fairytale nightmare. No words :eek:
2. Laurentien: again no words
3. Mabel
4. Claire Coombs
5. Fergie (what were the British Royal women thinking in the 80's?)
6. Letizia: suit jacket with a tiara, just hideous

The most distinctive and unique bridal ensemble so far would have to be Crown Princess Mary's. I loved the old fashioned Spanish style headdress and the full and flowing skirts. It was different and it looked great for her coloring and body type.

I don't think there are many truly bad bridal dresses, just boring ones. I didn't like either Diana's or Sarah's though because they made the women look like little girls.

Back
Top Bottom