Best Dressed Mother of Bride/Groom?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Princess Mathilde and Princess Claire's mothers looked great.

HM Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother at Prince Charles's wedding to Lady Diana Spencer...she wore seafoam green, exploding with feathers and diamonds. Just loved it.

Carole looked great!I loved her hat.

Elizabeth always looked frumpy, at every wedding, but Sylvia and Sofia and Sonja, looked great. Carol Middleton looked wonderful, too. Princess Matilde's mother was lovely.

Queen Silvia at Victoria's wedding costume excellence

Queen ELizabeth at Diana's wedding, Andrew's wedding, William's wedding all costumes elegance and beautiful

Queen Anne Marie at Alexia's wedding costume beautiful ve elegance

Princess Claire's mothers costume very nice

Carola Middleton's costume beautiful

Queen Silvia of Sweden at Crownprincess Victorias wedding - everything is just perfect from dress, colour and the matching jewels (pink topaz) and the amazing tiara

Naggi said:
Wow!! Charlene's mother is beautiful. Very elegant with a happy smile. She looks so young..

Agree!! I think Charlene looks older than her. They could be sister!!

Best dressed Mother of the Bride... most definitely Carol Middleton at William and Kate's wedding. Her ice blue suit from Catherine Walker was absolutely exquisite. I did love her matching hat as well. So very elegant. Kate must have felt very proud of her Mum.

Last edited:
No 1 - Carol Middleton

No 2 - Queen Sonja in Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn`s wedding:)

Well Carole middleton looked for her daughter's wedding,she looked nice and classy.

Almost every mother try to look best :)
But IMO Queen Silvia of Sweden at Victoria's wedding,was Best of the BEST :rose:.She was so elegant... PERFECTION in everything :rose2:

Queen Silvia of Sweden at Crownprincess Victoria's wedding - everything is just perfect from dress, colour and the matching jewels (pink topaz) and the amazing tiara
I would have to agree with you on that. She did look fabulous, the epitome of a "Mother of the Bride" who just happens to be a Queen!

For the wedding of their daughter, Queen Sylvia of Sweden very royal and nice in the same time and Lynette Wittstock the Princess Charlène mother(very class and elegant for the first time she appeared in public (civil and religious ceremonies)

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: Mothers of the Bride

Two of the most elegant MoB's have been Paloma Rocasolano and Carole Middleton. Queen Silva looked great in her fab gown at Victoria's wedding.

The outfit worn by Princess Diana's mother was so typical of a 80s outfit and sparked many copies (my grandmother wore a replica of her blue chiffon outfit to my mothers wedding in 82)

Carole Middleton looked so elegant and beautiful!

Queen Silvia
CP Mathilde's mother
Lynette Wittstock

You are right on the mark. They look outstanding. Queen Elizabeth should sue her designers who always had her look frumpy and with tasteless, black shoes.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: Mothers of the Bride

The best:

1. Queen Silvia at Victoria's
2. Queen Silvia at Madeleine's
3. Carole Middleton
4. Queen Sonja at Martha Louise's
5. Nicole Coombs
6. María de la Paloma Rocasolano Rodríguez
7. Queen Sofia at Cristina's
8. Queen Sofia's at Felipe's
9. Jantien Brinkhorst-Heringa
10. Queen Margrethe at Frederik's
11. Queen Margrethe's at Joachim and Marie's
12. Princess Margaret at Sarah's
13. Queen Sonja at Haakon's
14. Queen Sofia at Elena's
15. Lynette Wittstock

Last edited:
Queen Silvia at Crown Princess Victoria's Wedding. Truly elegant and regal. She just radiated happiness for CP Victoria and Prince Daniel.

The whole day was just lovely, even if I was just watching it from TV! LOL

I too think that the first two ones were great.I am not crazy about the last one.

Queen Silvia's gowns:

Queen Silvia of Sweden (weddings) | Royal Roaster

I thought her pink and green gowns were exquisite. Her purple gown was a disappointment to me. I did not like the neckline or the fabric.
The problem with the gown from last Saturday may be it just does not photograph well. I have seen some photos where the gown is absolutely gorgeous and some where it does not look good. I will guess that in real life the gown was splendid.

I watched the wedding online and the photo posted does not do it justice. The way it looked online and with the sapphires.. it was absolutely lovely.

Back
Top Bottom