The King Rama X and Family General News

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think is a boarding school; I assume he lives at their German home. As crown prince the now king and his family lived in Munich and Dipangkorn attended school there.

He seems to attend the Bavarian International school.

https://www.bis-school.com/

If he is still at the same school he will have to commute to Haimhausen which seems to be about 25 minutes from Munich. The Munich city campus only goes to grade 5, and he is 15. If the king's home is on Lake Starnberg as suggested, its closer to an hour as the lake is south of Munich and the school is north.

I know the king seems to be quarantined in Germany but how much times does he actually live there? Does his ex live there (the mother of the prince)? It would make more sense IMO, even if they have a home there, if he went to a boarding school. If his parents aren't in Germany full time, it would be more sensible for him to be in a dorm then with a governess or such in their house.

:previous: Srirasmi Suwadee, mother of Prince Dipangkorn, is allegedly under house arrest in Ratchaburi and has not been allowed to see her son for years.

May 2017:
May 2019: German newspaper Bild published photos of Srirasmi under house arrest

This is very sad. :sad:
Why is she under house arrest?

This is very sad. :sad:
Why is she under house arrest?
For displeasing the King? Who knows... I don't regularly follow the Thai royal family but I have a poor impression of King Rama X.

After a brief Google search...leading up to her downfall in late 2014, several of Srirasmi Suwadee's relatives were arrested for corruption or lèse-majesté including her parents, uncle, sister, and 3 brothers. I haven't found any charges against Srirasmi but I suspect she was swept up in the purge and given Vajiralongkron's past behavior, I doubt he'd leave her alone in quiet retirement...

A Thai Princess' Fairy Tale Comes to an End - The Diplomat
[...] It is now confirmed that on December 10, Crown Prince Vajiralongkron divorced his third wife, Srirasmi. Weeks earlier, a series of arrests of Srirasmi’s close relatives, who were allegedly involved in corruption, seemed to suggest that a separation was imminent. Her uncle, former Central Investigation Bureau chief Pongpat Chayapan, was charged with graft involving alleged extortion and oil smuggling as well as lèse-majesté. Meanwhile, her three brothers, Natthapol, Sitthisak, and Narong, and sister Sudathip were similarly accused of defaming the monarchy. As a result, Vajiralongkorn requested that the government remove the royally bestowed family name — Akkrapongpreecha — from his wife’s family members.

A statement released by the palace declares that Srirasmi would return to her hometown in Rachaburi, West of Bangkok, to live a quiet life. King Bhumibol Adulyadej has reportedly offered 200 million baht (around $6 million) to compensate for the divorce. Srirasmi has left her only child, Prince Dipankorn Rasmichoti, 9, in the care of her former husband. This will allow him to maintain his deserved royal titles. [...]
What's behind the downfall of Thailand's Princess Srirasmi? - BBC News
Parents of Thai ex-princess given jail term for lese majeste - BBC News

.. sounds like the middle ages - must be such a pleasure to be around that guy.

Apparently she is to be released from prison on Friday (I had no clue he had put her into it) to join him in Germany. Such a strange world...

Apparently she is to be released from prison on Friday (I had no clue he had put her into it) to join him in Germany. Such a strange world...

Maybe, maybe not but the prison isn't allowed any visitor to any inmate on 27 - 28, and police announced "special operation" ie. royal procession on 28.

Wow...good for her. I bet the Queen must be fuming (not that she has a choice)

Whilst I'm glad for her sake she is no longer in prison I don't think this is going to end well. Again.

Wouldn't she be his concubine? I'd think his wife/queen would still be his consort.

Whilst I'm glad for her sake she is no longer in prison I don't think this is going to end well. Again.

Agreed. It's difficult to envision a happy ending for any of the women in the King's harem.

Wouldn't she be his concubine? I'd think his wife/queen would still be his consort.

I read somewhere that the royal house makes the decisions on the English translation of titles (thus why HRH, HH, etc. are used with consistency).

King Vajiralongkorn will likely visit Thailand briefly on September 24 (Mahidol Day)

More articles on the return of Sineenat "Koi" Wongvajirapakdi.

September 2: Once Out, Consort to Thailand’s King Is Back In (and a Major General, Again) - The New York Times
[...] The announcement of the reinstatement of Ms. Sineenat’s titles on Wednesday included the resumption of her military rank. According to an order signed in late August by the king, Ms. Sineenat was deemed “free of guilt.”

[...]

While the news that Ms. Sineenat lost her multiple titles made headlines in Thailand last year, her reinstatement was barely noted on state television on Wednesday.

The palace statement released earlier in the day noted that “henceforth, it shall be like she was never stripped of her military ranks or royal decorations.”
September 6: Thai King's personal life in spotlight again after royal consort's reinstatement, SE Asia News & Top Stories - The Straits Times
[...]The latest palace intrigue comes amid widespread protests across Thailand by pro-democracy groups calling for more transparency and reforms in the royal institution.

"(Sineenat's reinstatement) will add fire to the demonstrations and calls for reforms," Professor James Chin, director of the Asia Institute at the University of Tasmania, told The Sunday Times.

The Royal Gazette in its announcement dated Aug 29 declared that Ms Sineenat, 35, had all her titles restored as she "is untainted".

The phrase became a top trending Twitter hashtag in Thailand on Thursday morning.

High school student group Bad Student, which organised a protest at the Education Ministry yesterday, declared on Friday that any student who does a three-finger salute "is untainted".

The three-finger salute has been used by anti-government protesters as a symbol against dictatorship. [...]
‘Thai Zhen Huan’? Why Chinese media named Thailand’s reinstated royal consort Sineenat Wongvajirapakdi after the fictional concubine from hit TV show Empresses in the Palace | South China Morning Post

Reactions: eya
Is it proper to call her consort? I would think consort would be reserved for his legal wife. I know she is his 'official concubine' but I wouldn't think that would earn her status as consort. Or is that just the wording of reporters?

The king continues to confuse me. He is going back to Thailand for one day? And not even one day, his flight leaves the same day it gets in. I mean he cant even stay in the country he is the ruler of for an entire 24 hours??

Is there any other country where the ruler (and for that matter the queen and crown prince) don't actually live in the country? I mean yeah the commonwealth realms don't have the queen in them ever, and royal visits are rare, but that's a very different matter then Thailand.

I'm guessing that "consort" is the closest approximation in English for a status that doesn't formally exist in Western culture. In China and Korea, there were different ranks for the women in the harem, with variations depending on dynasty: concubine, consort, noble consort, imperial noble consort, empress (China) for example. Since King Vajiralongkorn is reviving an old custom, it's a little unclear exactly what her status is, except that it's obviously somewhere ahead of all the other women in his harem, except for the queen. For now, anyway.

Dr. Chakriwat Vivacharawongse, son of King Vajiralongkorn posted on his Facebook about his health, as he has been being treated by Chemotherapy.

“So most of the people who have been following my health and medical information knows that currently I am going through chemotherapy. I have been meaning to continue with some of the topics but it hasn’t been easy. Some of the side effects of the treatment are quite hard to manage as chemotherapy attacks the tumors as well as some of our healthy cells also - this is the reason that various side effects come with chemotherapy. However, I have been feeling better krub and hopefully a new medical topic will be available next week. Stay safe and best wishes”

[0]=AZVNTFFGUIuLceVHkudMzW5nhLNf6BxLZQo3Ks-HH4LsZOFgtxm9sfmsBC5D3XxznJomICLxg_lqNJHfDd1twFnvBTYOdLQ6_vJi4XfaNG12JzzxJAfKm_p9DW1Q09AfDGji-ft3LFhDr-wdJaIdfm15&__tn__=%2B%3FFH-R

https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn....=c3c9191d72e6a8a27813b08efc7b7d73&oe=5FA106A3

I didn't know one of the King's sons was sick. I hope you can recover as soon as possible.

King Vajiralongkorn (with Queen Suthida and Princess Bajrakitiyabha) presided over a Royal Kathin Ceremony at Wat Pho temple in Bangkok today, October 10:

** rex gallery **

Reactions: eya
Isn't a Harem outdated in the 21st century? Wonder how the Queen feels about it?

Isn't a Harem outdated in the 21st century? Wonder how the Queen feels about it?
Judging by how the King has treated his previous wives the Queen does best to keep her feelings about her husband's harem to herself.

The Trouble-making King seems like a good name for a film about him:

The Trouble-making King seems like a good name for a film about him:

HM will be told in quite undiplomatic ways to move by German,read Bavarian,officials!!That was already announced a few weeks ago.

Such a pity he is as he is.

:previous:

I am a bit puzzled as to why the news of the leak is coming forward now, rather than at the time it happened (prior to Koi's release from prison).

Interesting that palace personages apparently have useful contacts with antimonarchy activitists.

Because it is not known to the public that these photos exist until recently. One of the critics who received them, Pavin Chachavalpongpun, began sharing the photos on September 2, the same day Sinneenat was officially reinstalled to her royal position after she has been forgiven by the king and released from prison (both parties reunited in Germany on August 31). He didn't released all of the photos at the time he received them (which is in August as he told Daily Mail) but gradually sharing the non-explicit ones on his Facebook. Pavin recently revealed that there are more to that, mostly hard-core and very explicit ones, and he didn't want the public to see them. He wanted to be little more humane to Sineenat he said.

This reign is full of enemies even before it actually began. This includes top figures within the establishment itself such as former privy council president and prime ministers who expressed concerns and preference to alternative options for Thailand's next monarch with US ambassador at the time. With the fact that now things have gotten even worse and popularity of the monarchy has gone down the hill, there is no surprise to see dissents ans resistances just about everywhere even within the palace wall.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom