The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-18-2017, 10:04 AM
Administrator

The Coronation of King Rama X

Welcome to the thread for the Coronation of His Majesty King Rama X of Thailand

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

Old 04-22-2017, 03:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

BANGKOK, April 21 (Reuters) - The coronation of Thailand's new King Maha Vajiralongkorn is likely to take place at the end of the year, a deputy prime minister said on Friday

Thai king's coronation likely by the end of 2017 - deputy PM | Daily Mail Online

Old 10-28-2017, 02:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
BANGKOK, April 21 (Reuters) - The coronation of Thailand's new King Maha Vajiralongkorn is likely to take place at the end of the year, a deputy prime minister said on Friday

Thai king's coronation likely by the end of 2017 - deputy PM | Daily Mail Online

Any news about the exact date of the coronation? Really taking place this year!?
Old 10-28-2017, 05:33 AM
Nobility

Still no update on coronation of King Vajiralongkorn, will keep you updated as soon as official date and details are announced.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:27 PM

HM King Vajiralongkorn's Coronation - late?

The most recent remarks about the date of the new King's Coronation were made last April 2017, predicting this event before end of this year. Still no announcement is forthcoming about a firm date for the coronation. Also, no explanation has been subsequently given for what is beginning to appear late. Anybody have ideas or comments.
Dan
Old 11-29-2017, 10:22 PM
Nobility

It's quite clear that the coronation ceremony will not likely to take place this year since the royal crematorium exhibition has been extended to December 31.

Bangkok Post: Royal crematorium viewing extended to Dec 31

This was asked by the government to accommodate huge number of crowds who wish to visit the site from all over the country. Hence, the king agreed and granted the permission.

Last time I heard someone talks about the coronation was in mid October that the ceremony might take place around February 2018, but still need to wait for official announcement to confirm the date. One thing I also know so far is that the palace bureau has got everything prepared for the ceremony. It is now a matter of 'when' the king 'wish' to do it.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:08 PM

Thank you Appleich for your update on HM King Vajiralongkorn's Coronation timing. You cite "Last time I heard someone talks about the coronation was in mid October..." can you offer a citation from whom or what public source you got this information. This would allow us a broader basis to further inquire.
I personally find the new reign of HM King Vajiralongkorn will be tremendously significant not only for Thailand, but for all of South Asia politically. Sources of information about actions of the Thai Palace are tightly controlled with little hard facts to reference.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:37 PM
Nobility

Sorry Daniel d'Evreux, I couldn't provide you the source since it was a tweet from Aljazeera journalist in Thailand, Wayne Hay. I tried to look up on his twitter feed again but that tweet is now gone so you can believe me or not. The most realistic time frame for the coronation ceremony to take place is between January - March 2018. This is Thai court's style, they rarely share private information on the king and his family. Most of us rely on insider's news or even rumors to have an idea on what's going on behind the palace gate.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:25 PM

I will trust in your information on the coronation's estimated span of dates. You are way closer living in Bangkok to what we call where I live "the-Coconut-wireless," aka gossip. I find even guessing when King Vajiralongkorn's in Thailand or Bavaria is a real shot in the dark. I do respect the Thai Monarchy and wish the Thai people and their new King many blessings of the Buddha.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:38 AM
Nobility

I'm sorry to say this but my expectation wasn't quite right as first sign of coronation delay emerged:

Quote:
Thai king orders history-themed festival paying homage to past monarchs

Reuters | January 8, 2018 | 4:26 PM

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand’s King Maha Vajiralongkorn has ordered a history-themed festival for the public, a government spokesman said on Monday, as the Southeast Asian nation emerges from a year of mourning for his revered father.

The festival, which will take place at the Royal Plaza, a public square in Bangkok, from February 8 to March 11, will feature exhibitions showcasing the life and work of his late father King Bhumibol and his great grandfather, King Chulalongkorn, who reigned from 1868 to 1910. The festival will include gardens, fountains, and historic-looking structures.

King Vajiralongkorn’s formal coronation is expected to take place later this year and could signal the start of politics following a year of mourning and the late king’s funeral.

More details: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-t...-idUSKBN1EX0PT
Old 01-20-2018, 10:55 PM
Nobility

On January 16th, 2018, Deputy Prime Minister Wisanu Krua-ngam held a meeting session with Culture Minister Veera Rojpojanarat to discuss the ministry top agendas for 2018. One of them is preparation task for King Vajiralongkorn's coronation ceremony.

Source: https://www.khaosod.co.th/special-stories/news_709700 (Thai)
Old 06-23-2018, 04:57 AM
Nobility

HM the King has yet to decide, but coronation ceremony will likely to take place before general election is held (which is anticipated to due by February 2019).

Bangkok Post: King doesn't want lavish coronation
Old 08-14-2018, 04:50 PM
Majesty

Has any date been announced for the coronation of King Rama X?
Old 08-17-2018, 12:32 AM
Nobility

Wonder who will be the next Queen of Thailand or maybe non at all. Could Princess Soamsawali become a nominal queen consort?
Old 08-17-2018, 02:33 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
Wonder who will be the next Queen of Thailand or maybe non at all. Could Princess Soamsawali become a nominal queen consort?

My guess is none as the King is not married. Why should Princess Soamsavali as divorced wife of the King become Queen?

Old 10-02-2018, 05:31 PM
Majesty

Has any date been announced for the coronation of King Rama X?
Old 10-05-2018, 09:40 AM
Nobility

^^ Nope, the last remark about the coronation was made by Prime Minister in June. He said the coronation is likely to take place before general election (expected to held in February 2019), that's all of it that we know for now.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:38 AM
Nobility

Latest remark from the Prime Minister:
Quote:
King's coronation soon, PM says
Prayut calls for unity ahead of key events

Wassana Nanuam | Bangkok Post | 4 Dec 2018 at 04:00

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has called on Thais to maintain unity and goodwill towards each other as His Majesty the King's coronation will take place soon.

The prime minister also said he hoped a general election expected on Feb 24 and Thailand taking up the Asean chairmanship on Jan 1 next year would proceed peacefully. Gen Prayut was speaking as he presidedover a ceremony to unveil the Lam Saphung Dam construction project in Chaiyaphum's Nong Bua Daeng district on Monday. "His Majesty's coronation will take place soon. The King is a major pillar of the country. I know Thais are loyal to the monarchy. Please give a helping hand," Gen Prayut said.

He said the King will make the decision about when the coronation takes place. "When the King sets the date of the coronation, we need to be sure peace and order prevail," Gen Prayut said. "His Majesty the King has continued what King Rama IX initiated. His Majesty always tells me and the government to try our best to take care of the people, fulfil their needs swiftly, solve their problems and explain to them to make sure they understand," Gen Prayut said. Gen Prayut previously said in June that the King's coronation was expected to be held before the general election in February.

More details: https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/gen...n-soon-pm-says
Old 12-04-2018, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleich View Post
Latest remark from the Prime Minister:

Can they prepare a coronation on such short notice? Guess there will be no foreign royals invited then.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Can they prepare a coronation on such short notice? Guess there will be no foreign royals invited then.
It would be hard to invite foreign royals at such short notice like this. Why not have to Coronation next summer?

A.W. TOZER