Royal Family of Thailand: Current Events October 2003 - August 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the king's family with his mother,brother and sister in Switzerland

Attachments

• his009.jpg
    his009.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 953
14th January 1950

King Phumiphon Aduldet of Thailand and his fiancee Sirikit Kitiyakara. Thailand was ruled by regents until Phumiphon (or Bhumibol) was formally crowned Rama IX in 1950.

Attachments

• 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 306
King Phumiphon Aduldet of Thailand and Queen Sirikit Kitiyakara

Attachments

• DC009247.jpg
    DC009247.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 377
:rolleyes: this's thai princess ploypilyn

Attachments

• __3588___3640___3603___3614___3621___3629___3618___3652___3614___3621___3636___3609_.jpg
    __3588___3640___3603___3614___3621___3629___3618___3652___3614___3621___3636___3609_.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 430
Okay- just a wee question here: when was/is this? Is this King of Thailand fella' still alive? I've never heard of a CURRENT Thai monarchy...Of course, I know of the historical kingdoms of Siam...

Well,His majesty the king of thailand doesn't intend to go aboard furthermore.He was born in USA and all educated in Switzerland when he was young.That's enough
You could see he visited around the world [almost every Royal EU marriage] This year he celebrate his 57 years on the throne and 5 December 2003 He will be 75 years old.Thai people respect him so much and all his life he never made any scandale so you might not heard about him a lot BUT OF COURSE HE IS STILL ALIVE!..........and indeed his grand daughter princess ploypliryn is very beautiful.

PS.You don't even know Thai is still have monarchy. I think you know nothing about Siam historical. :lol:

You could see him in RF of Britian,Swedish ,Belgian, Japan and Denmark Section etc. They were all visited Thailand and was greeted by his Mejesty the King. :innocent:

So that he is very much ALIVE!

I think you know nothing of Siam historical

Gee thanks. :shock:

Next you'll be calling me stupid...then incompetent...then I'll have to curl up into the fetal position and have a good :cry: ..

Originally posted by Peggy@Dec 1st, 2003 - 1:45 am
You could see him in RF of Britian,Swedish ,Belgian, Japan and Denmark Section etc. They were all visited Thailand and was greeted by his Mejesty the King. :innocent:

So that he is very much ALIVE!
Eeeks. Give the girl a break. She's only 15 years old (something I didn't know before). For a 15 year old, she's pretty smart.

Sean

I'm one of those who know almost nothing about Thai manarchy! Once I went to a Thai restaurant where there were a whole bunch of photos of the king, his wife, his family, etc.. on the wall. I didn't know who they were on those photos(I didn't ask), but I just guessed it must be some king of king and his family.

moosey60, don't worry you don't know about it. At least here you are finding it out(this's what LTR's for!). That's good enough. Nobody knows everything.

Is the Crown Prince of Thailand married?? When I visted the Thai Monachy website, I didn't see the profile of the Crown Princess, so I just guessed that he's not yet married. He is 40 something. So is he married or not???

Is Princess Ploypliryn a model? Is she living in Thailand or America? She's the daughter of which child of the King?

moosey,

you will have to fight me for the position of being the world's greatest ignoramous when it comes to Thai royalty. So solly :(

Christian

The Crown Prince of Thailand is married. he has one legitimate daughter by his wife. He has another daughter and four sons (I think) by a mistress who is now living in exile in the UK with her sons. The daughetr lives in Thailand with her father I believe. There is a lot of secrecy about this - particularly in Thailand itself where it is against the law to print anything derogatory about the Royal Family.

:blush: Hehehe, thanks people. No, no, I think I'm a bigger ignoramus there, Christian. Haha...when I think Thai monarchy I think big palaces and "King and I" type...you know, king, 50 kids...260 wives. :blush:

Is Princess Ploypliryn a model? Is she living in Thailand or America? She's the daughter of which child of the King?

Well,.....She sometimes live in America and sometimes in Thailand because of her american father who lives in USA.

She is the present king's grand daughter.Her mother is the first daughter of the King.

when I think Thai monarchy I think big palaces and "King and I" type...you know, king, 50 kids...260 wives

well,........It is only in the past.The present king has only one wife,the Queen
of course ;)
but about the crown prince's mistress is scandal.
I think thai people do not want to talk about it.
may be it is his private affair.

Originally posted by Peggy@Dec 24th, 2003 - 10:46 am

Well,.....She sometimes live in America and sometimes in Thailand because of her american father who lives in USA.

She is the present king's grand daughter.Her mother is the first daughter of the King.

Then she's not a princess afterall, her father isn't a royal.

Originally posted by Peggy@Dec 24th, 2003 - 12:36 pm
Then she's not a princess afterall, her father isn't a royal

Er.......I think so.
May be she is only the Lady.........
She isn't a Princess, but the children of her maternal aunt (the King's younger daughter) have a princely titles. This was by special decree. Their father wasn't royal either.

Sean

Does anybody have picture of Princess Ploypliryn? Thanks in advance!

If she is the daughter of the King's eldest daughter, then howcome she is a princess of Thailand? Her mother is a princess but not her. Her mother didn't marry a prince. Is that in Thailand, children of princesses are also called prince and princesses??

She cann't a Princess. And her mother renounced the successional before married.

Does that mean that she really IS the daughter of Princess Ubol Ratana?

The latter on was married to an American, right?:)

Princess Chulabhorn, the youngest child of the king also has daughters. She is divorced now but a renowned scientist..

Can anyone post some information and pictures about Queen Sirikit who is turn 72 this august!! thanks ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom