Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PATTANI, Feb 7 (TNA) - Suspected Muslim insurgents detonated a bomb near a helicopter landing pad in Pattani's Yaring district shortly before Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn was to use the facility on Wednesday morning.:mad:

The site is about 100 metres from a helicopter landing pad where the Princess was due to arrive to visit a local school in the district.

According to preliminary investigation, police said an unknown number of suspected insurgents planted an estimated three-kilogramme explosive under a tree near a shelter prior to detonating the bomb by cell phone.:sad:

Welcoming The Year Of The Pig

Chinese New Year celebrations in Yaowarat quieter than usual this year

The normally bustling Chinese New Year celebrations at Yaowarat in Bangkok yesterday were noticeably tamer than in recent years, when the event would normally receive high-profile appearances from a number of Chinese-Thai politicians in the ousted government. Food vendors and shop owners in Yaowarat said sales were down sharply, with fewer people attending the festival.

Yaowarat's Lunar New Year celebration is normally full of politicians and government leaders, making it one of the most high-profile events of the year.

However, Tourism and Sports Minister Suvit Yodmani was the only cabinet minister to attend yesterday's celebrations.

Mr Suvit represented the government in receiving a pair of auspicious lions from the Chinese government to honour His Majesty the King's 80th birthday. Made from precious white jade, the 10-tonne lions have been placed at Chalerm Phrakiat Gate, the famous landmark of Bangkok's Chinatown.

The festivities began as early as 3am yesterday, when people queued up to touch sacred parts of the Chalerm Phrakiat Gate for good luck.

The number of visitors peaked at around 5pm when HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn arrived to preside over the official opening of the celebrations.

The princess, wearing a red Chinese-style outfit, greeted the crowd, all of whom were decked out in red, and made a short tour of an exhibition on the King's 80th birthday organised by members of the Thai-Chinese community. The festivities are set to wind up today.

The Princess in front of the auspicious lions
The Princess pounds Chinese peanut candy

Bangkok Post : General news

OMG, thank you Iparity for a lovely pic of Princess with a big hammer. very cute:wub:

HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn Visits the famous library of Alexandria (BA)

Alexandria— the BA will receive on Thursday, March 22, 2007 HRH Maha Chakri Sirindhorn, The Princess of Thailand and her delegation.

Dr. Yehia Halim Zaki, Head, BA Cultural and Academic Sector, and Mr. Sherif Riad, Director of the BA Public Relations Department will accompany HRH the Princess on a tour of the Library, its affiliated exhibitions and museums, and different facilities offered by the BA to members and visitors. The tour will include the Manuscripts Museum, the Digital Lab, the Internet Archive, VISTA, the Planetarium Science Center, and the Alexploratorium.

Her Royal Highness will pay a Royal Visit to the Arab Republic of Egypt between the 17th and the 23rd of March 2007.

HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn's 52nd birthday

Happy Birthday to my Dear Princess!!!

Today, 'Outlook' marks the 52nd birthday of HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn by publishing excerpts from her book, Reflexions, a poetry collection originally written in French between 1969 and 1976, during her student days. The poems were first compiled into a book in 1979 and subsequent editions have included additional poems as well as translations into Thai, together with a history of each poem provided by the princess. The latest edition of Reflexions, the 10th edition since 1979, includes the original poems in French, translations into Thai by the princess and Wanee Banomyong-Saipradit, and, for the first time, an English translation by Assoc Prof Dr Suchitra Chongsathitwattana and Dr Peter Skilling.

In 1973, Her Royal Highness started studying at the Faculty of Arts, Chulalongkorn University. She continued studying French poetry, writing with Madame Babin until 1976. The princess wrote several more poems in French during that period.

Bangkok Post : Outlook

Last edited by a moderator:
China in the eye of a princess

Her Royal Highness Maha Chakrin Sirindhorn is a very down-to-earth sort of Princess. She fell in love with China during a visit to country two decades ago, and has been returning repeatedly ever since. It is the land of China that the Thai princess has fallen so deeply in love with. And for proof, go to Beijing's Capital Museum, where an exhibition of nearly one hundred photos taken by the princess during her many visits to the country are on display.

CCTV International
see the video report at China in the eye of a princess

HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn is a witty storyteller and cartoonist as proved by another enchanting work called "An Island Story"

"An Island Story" is part of the princess's collection of 14 smallsized books, which she wrote in late 2006 and early 2007.

Princess Sirindhorn has given the work to the Phufa shop to print and distribute. Phufa is a initiative of Princess Sirindhorn and is designed to support occupational development of villagers in remote rural areas.

In "An Island Story", the princess draws pictures to accompany her storytelling. Each drawing is captured like photo and presented like a frame of thought. It is a variation on the theme of islands. :)

The Nation

"I came to Tibet once in 2001. This time the fast development in Tibet impresses me most," Said the princess.
Sirindhorn expresses her feeling regarding her visit in the meeting with TAR National Congress Standing Committee vice chairman Wu Yingjie. She arrived in Lhasa on the evening of April 7 via the Qinghai-Tibet Railway and looked around the Potala Palace, Lhalu wetland, Jokhang Temple, Barkor street, TAR Farming and Herding Academy Melch Cow Melioration and Breeding Experimentation Center and Lhasa Brewhouse.
and also on April 9, Thailand Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn visited the Lhasa Middle School and met 11 funded students by Sirindhorn Scholarship.:flowers:

Thailand Princess: I'm impressed by Tibet fast development

SHANGHAI, April 13 (Xinhua) -- Thai Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn arrived in Shanghai on Thursday after visiting Beijing, Qinghai Province, Tibet Autonomous Region, Hubei Province and Zhejiang Province.
She was conferred the title of "honorary professor" by Shanghai-based Fudan University on Friday.
"I will cherish this honor and make my own contribution to promoting bilateral exchanges in science and technology, culture and education," Sirindhorn said in fluent Chinese.:smartass:

What languages does she know? I know only about Sanskrit and Cambodian maybe English too.

magnik said:
What languages does she know? I know only about Sanskrit and Cambodian maybe English too.

Princess Sirindhorn speaks Thai, French, German, Chinese, Sanskrit, Pali, Cambodian, Laos, ancient script of Burmese and English :graduate: :graduate:

Princess to make 3-day visit to Singapore

SINGAPORE: Thai Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn will be in Singapore for a 3-day visit starting Monday to attend the International Convention for Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology (i-CREATe 2007).

Singapore Foreign Affairs Ministry says Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong will host a lunch for Princess Sirindhorn during her visit.

The Princess will also attend a concert performance by the Singapore Chinese Orchestra and the NUS Thai Music Ensemble. - CNA/yy

Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn (2-L) walks up the steps with Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong (L) at the Istana in Singapore, 24 April 2007. The Thai Princess is in the city state from 23-25 April 2007 to attend the International Convention for Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology

http://www.isifa.com/tools/get_preview.php?idp=13967409

Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn (R) watches a staff personnel demonstrate the use of NovaVision machine used to restore a patient's vision after a stroke or brain injury at Tan Tock Seng (TTSH) Rehabilitation Centre in Singapore, 24 April 2007

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
People living with disabilities in Southeast Asia will soon have more affordable devices to make life much easier as a result of a tie-up between researchers from Singapore and Thailand.

Currently, expensive products from the West dominate the market. Singapore's START Centre is working with Thailand's National Electronics and Computer Techonology Centre to push cheaper switches for the disabled into Asia.

Giving weight to the project is Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn of Thailand and Minister for Community Development Youth and Sports, Dr Vivian Balakrishnan, who launched the event. :flowers:

Both stressed the need to lower the cost of technology for disabled people. :flowers:

Dr Balakrishnan said: "If Thailand and Singapore can arrive at some common standards and increase the size of the market, I think this would help to lower the costs of technology to the people who need it most.":flowers:

Channel News Asia

Princess' poem on special cards

''Visakha Night,'' a poem penned by Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn, will be published on 100,000 special Visakha Bucha Day cards to be handed out by the Culture Ministry.

The poem describes the important events of Visakha Bucha Day, when the Lord Buddha sits on a grass base under a bodhi tree by the banks of the Neranchra River on the full moon night of the sixth lunar month. :flowers:

Bangkok Post

Kitchen utensils and vegetable seeds worth US $15,000 have been handed over to three schools in northern Vietnam as gifts from Thai Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn.
The gifts were part of a project to improve the living conditions of children and youths in Asian-Pacific countries.
Earlier, the Princess also donated more than US $21,500 to the three schools, namely the Ninh My Primary School of Ninh Binh province, Cao Son Secondary School of Hoa Binh province and Hung Thang Secondary School of Quang Ninh province.
The sum helped these schools to grow vegetables, build safe water systems and canteens for their pupils. (VNA)​

Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn will preside over the cremation of about 800 unclaimed bodies in Samut Prakan province on Aug 2. Samut Prakan governor Anuwat Metheewibulwut said charities will start retrieving the bodies from a local graveyard on July 15. Most unclaimed bodies are elderly people who had stayed at the Sawangkhaniwas home for the elderly in Samut Prakan. They were unattended by children or other relatives. When they died their bodies were unclaimed, so were buried. :sad:

Bangkok Post : General news

Princess Sirindhorn opened Le Cordon Bleu Cooking School.
Hospitality Net - Industry News - Dusit & Le Cordon Bleu Jointly Open Culinary School

A UN artspaces

Hello So Beautiful pictures, let share with you ur people are too nicely, I would like to Say Thank u to the Mam Mam.
I am alittle bit skip to these wesite, so beautiful, Send my reagards to Samut Prakan.

Last edited:
Princess Sirindhorn will visit India

HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn will preside over a historic event in Delhi on August 9, held to mark the 60th Anniversary of the establishment of Diplomatic Relations between India and Thailand, according to the Embassy of India in Bangkok.

One of the highlights of the anniversary celebrations in India will be an exhibition of photographs of India taken over the last 25 years by the Princess and a performance of the Khon Classical Thai dance by a Thai ballet group performing scenes from the Ramakien.

This followed a conference under the theme "Thailand-India Relations: Partnership for Peace and Prosperity" held on August 1 at Thammasat University, Bangkok jointly organized by the Faculty of Political Science and India Studies Centre of Thammasat University in collaboration with the Embassy of India, Bangkok.

The Nation

Visiting Thai Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn on Thursday met Foreign Minister Pranab Mukherjee and discussed bilateral issues.

The Thai princess is on a daylong visit to New Delhi to witness Thai cultural celebrations marking 60 years of India-Thailand ties.

She is scheduled to preside over a performance of the Ramakien, the traditional Thai version of the Ramayana, to be performed by Thai artists here.

Dailyindia.com/ANI

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]She is used to the grand halls of the Chitralada Palace in Bangkok but Thai princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn took some time off to wander in the streets of India. Amid the ordinariness and the exoticism of this other country, the princess was suddenly another tourist, taken by its diversity, peering through the lens of her digital camera. “Pictures help to nurture experiences as memory begins to betray me,” said the 55-year-old at the opening of her photography exhibition, “Bharata in Reflection”, in the Capital.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]The photographs show a panorama of India — from the dilapidated buildings of downtown Ahmedabad to the Sun temple in Konark, from the deodars of Shimla to rows of clumsily made beds in a Darjeeling boarding school. She has had an endless fascination with the land, having learnt Sanskrit and the Indian philosophy and the journey, she says, will go on. “I don't want to limit myself to the culture and the natural beauty of the country. I also want to capture the technological changes in my camera," says the princess whose fascination for science has earned her the moniker, the Princess of Technology.
Princess’Diaryhttps://www.expressindia.com/about/feedback.html?mailto=editor@expressindia.com

Juctice Love

So beautiful photograph, has been influences to me sinced i was very young. I think that Indian has the strong influences and relationship with the SEAC.People are born with different Designed from God , Different Idea, Different Ethnic group in the world,It's hard if we can't say something like the other not saying something. I don't let the time goes away like people are Itching r Bai.
Gattamandu Gen

Princess Sirindhorn in Germany

Last Sunday (Oct 7, 2007), HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn visited Bad Homburg's museum "Gotisches Haus" as it hosted an exhibition about the centennial visit of King Chulalongkorn's to Bad Homburg.

A Western European Correspondent

Princess at Chemnitz, Saxony

Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn visited the TU Chemnitz. HRH attended the signing ceremony for further academic partnership between TU Chemitz and Thai universities.

See photo TU Chemnitz: Pressestelle:

Bangkok, November 06,2007

H.R.H Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn graciously bestows the Princess Srinagarindra* Award for 2007 upon Mrs. Nisab Ahktar from Pakistan in recognition of her contribution towards the field of nursing and healthcare in Pakistan. The Ceremony was held at Mulsathan Boroma-at Throne Hall in the Grand Palace, yesterday

Mrs. Ahktar has devoted her knowledge and skills to developing the nursing profession and promoting the wellbeing of peoples of Pakistan for the past fifty years. Recognized as an important role model for nursing profession in Pakistan, Mrs. Ahktar has excelled her works in various aspects, including social services, education, administration, and development of the nursing profession in general.

* Princess Srinagarindra means to H.R.H the Princess Mother of HM King Bhumibol

The Princess bestows the award
The Princess bestows the award
Mrs. Nisab Ahktar with the Award
Interview session after the banquet
Mrs. Ahktar and the award committee in front of Chakri Throne Hall

Thai Princess Visits Laos

Thai Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn arrived in Vientiane on Sunday (25 Nov) for a four-day official visit to Laos from 25-28 November.

HRH paid a courtesy visit to President Choummaly Sayasone at the Presidential Palace, followed by a visit to the Houaysone-Houyasoua Agricultural Development and Service Project in Nayang village in Naxaithong district, Vientiane.(The Vientiane Times/ ANN)

Hello Dear ! It's along time to get back hare, I met the people studied art from Varsowe he described about the people in SE A are brotherhood according to thier languages are derive from Sanskrit in India " The Indo Extreme Oriental" as in the Khmera mythology, you'll be encredable because this language is speaking by the millions of people in south vietnam today,and the Bhudism Therawada is still commonly practicing as i'd seen in Northern Thailand also.
May God bless the princess during the Makbucha's day !:flowers:

Princess visits Hawaii

HONOLULU — In a free public ceremony on March 1, Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn of Thailand will formally dedicate the recently reconstructed Royal Sala Thai, or Thai pavilion, at the East-West Center, according to a news release from the center. The ceremony will also include the debut of an original classical-style dance titled "Dream Island," inspired by the princess and performed especially for the occasion by the Royal Thai Dancers and Musicians ensemble, as well as a special hula performance by Halau ika Wekiu.

The dedication is one of several events being held in connection with Her Royal Highness' visit to Hawaii. On Feb. 29, the princess will be the guest of honor at the East-West Center's annual "International Affair" dinner, where she will accept the Center's Asia Pacific Community Building Award on behalf of her father, His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej, in recognition of His Majesty's dedicated work toward the welfare of the people of Thailand.

Thai princess to dedicate pavilion at East-West Center - The Honolulu Advertiser

HRH dedicated Royal Sala Thai at EWC

[SIZE=-1]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Royal gesture of Thialand[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]An estimated 800 people — many from Hawai'i's small Thai population — attended the dedication of the Royal Sala Thai, an open-air teak pavilion, at the East-West Center yesterday.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]The ornate, golden sala stood serene in the shade of nine banyan trees on a rise next to the spot where the dedication ceremonies took place.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]The focus of attention was Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn of Thailand, who formally dedicated the new pavilion and spoke of it to the crowd as a place of shelter and relaxation, were people can contemplate, study and share ideas.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]The new pavilion — one of four traditional salas outside of Thailand bearing the royal seal — is a reconstructed version of a pavilion given to the East-West Center in 1967 by the princess' father, King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]"It was his majesty the king's wish to build the sala here at the East-West Center as a symbol of universal hospitality and brotherhood of mankind," said the princess, who wore black because of the recent death of her aunt, the sister of the king.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]"The original sala, since 1967, has been worn out with time."[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]So the deteriorated original pavilion was dismantled, and in 2006 the building of a new one was overseen by Thai national artist and architect Pinyo Suwankiri.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Royal Sala Thai[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The Princess[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn sat in the reconstructed Royal Thai sala[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]During the ceremony[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=-1][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/dailypix/2008/Mar/02/hawaii803020351V1_b.jpg[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Talk with Thai people[/FONT][/SIZE]

His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej dedicates the original sala at the East-West Center on June 6, 1967.

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Royal gesture of Thailand - The Honolulu Advertiser - Hawaii's Newspaper[/FONT][/SIZE]
[/FONT][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Last edited:
Alot of photpgraphs are touching to my heart along time i use to practice before i am "10" years old the drafting pictures, i was play with the other kids:flowers: because we love Bill:cool:.
Hawaii is the place of the people's dream,anyway i can't believe hare that's why i am making some documments about pictures of our asean people especially people are very interesting and human ethnics,culture,religion and civilization. I think that many places in Thailand are very beautiful too,i remember in Prachupkhirikhan the beautiful place and people.One time i will going back soon!!!
:)

Last edited:
Thailand Princess to visit Puducherry on Mar 21

PUDUCHERRY, MAR 13 (PTI)
Princess of Thailand Maha Chakri Sirindhorn will arrive here on March 21 on a one-day visit to the town.
The Princess would visit the Village Resource Centre (VRC) of the M S Swaminathan Research Foundation (MSSRF) at Pillayarkuppam, one of the bio-villages of the foundation, and acquaint herself with the works and activities of the centre, official sources told PTI today.
She would wrap up her prgrammes with a visit to the Auroville, a universal township, near here. VRC is the hub of information and from there details of farm related works, market and price situation of the produce and other particulars are being disseminated through Information Communication Technology mode to 16 knowledge centres instituted in different villages in Puducherry to benefit the targetted sections of villagers and farmers.
outlookindia.com | wired

Thai princess visits Symbiosis centre

PUNE: Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn of Thailand visited the Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL) here on Wednesday.

The princess’ visit was part of a move to familiarise with the unique education and learning methodologies adopted by the SCDL to propagate the philosophy of ‘learn while you earn’.

Sirindhorn is an acclaimed academician with a doctoral degree in educational development. She is a director of the department of history at the Chulalongkorn University.

Sirindhorn showed great interest in the functioning of the student care services, the communication centre where the students forward their queries and the reply is obtained within one business day, and the call centre where the students’ calls are answered by executives for immediate resolution of issues concerning them.

Thai princess visits Symbiosis centre-Pune-Cities-The Times of India

Back
Top Bottom