The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 10-14-2020, 09:58 AM
Somebody's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 6,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
But Queen Suthida and Prince Dipangkorn Rasmijoti are not to blame for anything.
Was the queen forced to marry the king? If not, it was her own decision to become part of this. The prince is a different case: I guess he has little power to request that he grow up in Thailand instead of Germany.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 10-14-2020, 10:00 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Was the queen forced to marry the king? If not, it was her own decision to become part of this. The prince is a different case: I guess he has little power to request that he grow up in Thailand instead of Germany.

It doesn't matter, if hte public has turned against the King, which it clearly has, they may well turn against the whole RF or the idea of monarchy....
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 10-14-2020, 10:13 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 262
Poor queen and prince. They deserve to be happy not this. The queen deserves a better husband, a real king. The prince deserves a better father and to be with his mother again.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 10-14-2020, 10:16 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Was the queen forced to marry the king? If not, it was her own decision to become part of this. The prince is a different case: I guess he has little power to request that he grow up in Thailand instead of Germany.
She was a bit forced into this actually. This king is cruel and must get everything that he wants. You probably donít want to say no to the most powerful man in the country do you?
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 10-14-2020, 10:25 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleich View Post
She was a bit forced into this actually. This king is cruel and must get everything that he wants. You probably donít want to say no to the most powerful man in the country do you?
how was she forced? If she was well off enough to attract his attention, she was surely well off enough to leave Thailand if she didn't want to marry him.,...
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 10-14-2020, 10:30 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
how was she forced? If she was well off enough to attract his attention, she was surely well off enough to leave Thailand if she didn't want to marry him.,...
Unfortunately, things always do not quite work that way.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 10-14-2020, 10:41 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Unfortunately, things always do not quite work that way.
He certainly seems like someone any sensible woman would run from.....
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 10-14-2020, 10:36 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
how was she forced? If she was well off enough to attract his attention, she was surely well off enough to leave Thailand if she didn't want to marry him.,...
She didnít intend to attract his attention I believe. She was just doing her work as an attendant on that Thai Airwaysí charity flight in which the king, then the crown prince, was a pilot and be nice to everyone on board just what she was meant to do. The crown prince happened to like her and, of course, got what he wanted as always.

Talking about leaving, since an incident with his 2nd wife who now lives with her sons in Florida, he makes sure nobody could now leave so easily. Remember how his 3rd wife is now ended up after fell from grace?
https://twitter.com/zenjournalist/st...443975680?s=21
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 10-15-2020, 12:40 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bay Area, United States
Posts: 5,283
I suppose refusing/leaving the King (then crown prince) is impossible given Thailand's lŤse majestť laws.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 10-15-2020, 02:25 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Posts: 51
The institution of the monarchy, according to several of my Thai friends, is still highly regarded in Thailand, and favoured by the military. It is the person who currently sits upon the throne that is bringing it into disrepute. There is no regard for the Queen, again according to my friends in Thailand. However, the Kingís two daughters are highly thought of. People on here keep referring to the Crown Prince - there is no Crown Prince. The King has not named an heir or created his son Crown Prince. The military may like the son to be king given he may have learning difficulties and would be easily manipulated by a regency, but the constant message I get from Thailand is to have a sovereign Queen, which would be unique for Thailand, but is allowed by the Constitution. One Thai friend has suggested to me that there are other branches of the family which could replace the current branch, but I think the people would want to see some sort of continuity from the late Rama IX. The feeling I get us the Thai people would be happy with a constitutional monarch who they respected, they just donít want the current person as their sovereign.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 10-15-2020, 03:05 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleich View Post
She didnít intend to attract his attention I believe. She was just doing her work as an attendant on that Thai Airwaysí charity flight in which the king, then the crown prince, was a pilot and be nice to everyone on board just what she was meant to do. The crown prince happened to like her and, of course, got what he wanted as always.

Talking about leaving, since an incident with his 2nd wife who now lives with her sons in Florida, he makes sure nobody could now leave so easily. Remember how his 3rd wife is now ended up after fell from grace?
https://twitter.com/zenjournalist/st...443975680?s=21
I dont know anything about the Thai Monarchy.... but from what I've looked up yes she isn't a rich woman who socialized with the RF.. and I suspect thanks to the positively tyrannical rules in Thailand, unless she was very well to do, she would probably not have had much hope of escaping him if he took a fancy to her. but IMO its time for the monarchy to end.....with a benign despot it might be tolerable but once you get someone like this King in charge its a disaster and it seems to have driven the population to want the end to the monarchy or the end to this kings reign...
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 10-15-2020, 03:57 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Posts: 51
Just because the current king is disliked it doesnít mean the whole institution of monarchy needs to go. If you have a barrel of apples and one is rotten you donít throw the whole lot away, just remove the rotten one. For example Trump is a disliked President but no-one is advocating getting rid of the presidency.
There are, it seems, two issues for discussion - a) should the current king be replaced and modernise the monarchy or b) should the monarchy be abolished.
From what my Thai friends tell me (and I listen to them rather than the sensationalist foreign press who make up what they donít know) it is the person on the throne they want removing not the monarchy. There is a difference between the monarch and the monarchy.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 10-15-2020, 05:03 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by EssexRoyal View Post
Just because the current king is disliked it doesnít mean the whole institution of monarchy needs to go. If you have a barrel of apples and one is rotten you donít throw the whole lot away, just remove the rotten one. For example Trump is a disliked President but no-one is advocating getting rid of the presidency.
There are, it seems, two issues for discussion - a) should the current king be replaced and modernise the monarchy or b) should the monarchy be abolished.
From what my Thai friends tell me (and I listen to them rather than the sensationalist foreign press who make up what they donít know) it is the person on the throne they want removing not the monarchy. There is a difference between the monarch and the monarchy.
Clearly the whole system is rotten....
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 10-15-2020, 05:20 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An IarmhŪ, Ireland
Posts: 31,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
It doesn't matter, if hte public has turned against the King, which it clearly has, they may well turn against the whole RF or the idea of monarchy....
The situation is very critical and attracting lots of media attention around the world.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 10-15-2020, 05:45 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 3,781
Thank you for the informative article. I wonder if the international spotlight will influence the response of the king and government.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 10-15-2020, 08:45 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Thank you for the informative article. I wonder if the international spotlight will influence the response of the king and government.
You're welcome. Probably not, if he really care, things wouldn't have came this far. And the government? just a bunch of his servants.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 10-15-2020, 09:31 AM
Blog Real's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 6,601
I hope the monarchy will survive. But the government and the king need to do something to improve the situation.
__________________
My blogs about monarchies
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 10-16-2020, 09:22 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 262
Last night authority cracked down peacful protestors for calling on monarchy reforms. This is appearent rejection to such calls. The government, the monarchy, the entire establishment's denials to change is explicit. Many protestors especially younger generations are now agree that this monarchy won't survive and must be ended.


Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 10-17-2020, 12:13 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 262
Trending now on Twitter in Thailand: #VachiralongkornIsAMurderer is on No. 1 spot

https://i.postimg.cc/mDhcQSTR/ASFLRO.jpg
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
future, popularity, thai royal family, thailand


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Future and Popularity of the Spanish Monarchy TODOI Royal Family of Spain 1677 Yesterday 05:12 AM
Popularity of the Monarchy in Sweden Cory Royal House of Sweden 415 07-15-2021 02:10 PM
Popularity of the Dutch Monarchy and Royal Family Lee-Z Dutch Royals 142 04-28-2021 04:27 PM
Queen Sirikit and Thai Royal Jewels kokeno Royal Jewels 85 02-18-2020 12:44 PM
Popularity of the Monarchy Luxembourg RoyaltyPortuguese Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg 48 12-21-2019 12:50 PM




Popular Tags
american archie mountbatten-windsor asia baptism birth britain britannia british royal family british royals brownbitcoinqueen camilla camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles carolin china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing clarence house colorblindness commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs daisy dresses dubai duchess of sussex duke of sussex edward vii general news thread george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf hello! highgrove history hochberg house of windsor jack brooksbank japan jewellery książ castle line of succession list of rulers luxembourg medical meghan markle monarchy mongolia nepal nepalese royal jewels prince constantijn prince harry princess alexia (2005 -) princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn walailak princess of orange princess ribha queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen maxima solomon j solomon spanish royal family speech sussex suthida swedish queen taiwan tradition uae customs united states wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:54 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×