Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn, Princess Srirasmi and family: Jan 2006-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to abolish the Thai monarchy me thinks, the only member of the family that I have respect for is the current King, and judging by the state of his health I doubt King B. will be with us much longer. They act like the Borgia's or the Tudors from the 15th and 16th centuries, time to remove this extremely dysfunctional family from power and invest in an republican government or offer to the Thorne to an foreign Asian Prince. I have great respect for most monarchies though not this one.

His Grace, The Duke

Well, We shall see how Greece has become after they abolished their monarchy and handed all the authorities to the politicians of the republican government. They have made Greece in a much better situation haven't they? Hmmmmm?

And offering the throne to a foreign royalty? I'm sure no sane Thai person would agree with that.

I think abolishing the monarchy after the end of the current reign would be disastrous for Thailand. There probably would be either military dictatorship or complete chaos. The Crown Prince may not be ideally suited for the job, but I think it is worth giving him a chance.

I don't think many Thais would support a new foreign dynasty, but if they did, who would you choose? Keeping it in the family of Theravada Buddhism does not leave many options. Ignoring historical rivalry and conflict, you might be able to find a prince from Cambodia. But I don't think anyone would be willing to open the door to the possible interference of Cambodia's Prime Minister Hun Sen. The Royal House of Laos is another possibility, or even the Royal House of Burma, but it might be a bit hard to find a suitable candidate from these non-reigning houses.

I don't think Princess Sirindhorn is really a viable option either. She does not seem interested, and apparently likes nothing better of an evening than watching TV and snacking on her favourite treats. I imagine she would be little more than a puppet for the military to manipulate. She has no children, so the succession would ultimately go back to the Crown Prince and his sons anyway.

As the current reign comes to an end, I think there are really only two options for Thailand; the Crown Prince or a republic.

Maybe the best option is for the family to put aside any animosity when the Crown Prince becomes King and for him to work with his sister to put on a united front.
He could ask her to act almost as his 'first lady', the no 1 lady of the Royal House when it comes to public duties and the like. It might put to rest some of the speculation about the Princess wanting to become Queen and give the Crown Prince some more authority and standing.

HRH the Crown Prince Crown Prince of Siam His Majesty the His Majesty changed to winter. The summer is dedicated Emerald Buddha at Wat Phra Kaew.
Google Tradutor

Princess Sirivannavari Nariratana attended the Christian Dior show as part of Paris Fashion Week Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2015/2016 on July 6:

** Pic **

Yesterday, July 8, Princess Sirivannavari Nariratana was among the guests at the Jean Paul Gaultier show as part of Paris Fashion Week.

** Pic **

Prince leads record bike ride

WASAMON AUDJARINT THE NATION August 17, 2015 1:00 am

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/new/2015/08/17/national/images/30266717-01_big.JPG?1439775894776

HRH Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn greets participants and well-wishers at a section of the 43km route during yesterday

Vast number of cyclists take part in 'Bike for Mom' rides in Bangkok and round the country; Guinness says eligible total is new world mark

HUNDREDS of thousands of Thais yesterday cycled in Bangkok and other provinces nationwide to mark Her Majesty the Queen's 83rd birthday in a record show of loyalty led by HRH Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn. Almost 295,000 people registered in advance for the "Bike For Mom" event, consisting of 40,000 in Bangkok and 254,863 in the provinces, but the actual number of participants nationwide was higher, estimated at between 300,000 and 400,000. According to Guinness World Records, the event had around 146,000 "eligible" cyclists - riding at the same time - so it |more than doubled the previous record set in Taiwan with about 70,000 participants.

In Bangkok, the Crown Prince presided over the opening ceremony at 3pm at the Royal Plaza. After blaring a horn to start the event, he and his daughter HRH Princess Bajrakitiyabha led the procession to the 11th Infantry Regiment in Bang Khen and returned to the starting point to complete the 43-kilometre route. The other provinces held the event with varying routes and participants from all walks of life to express their loyalty to HM the Queen and the Royal Family.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha and several Cabinet members joined the event, with the premier gesturing "I love you" with his hands at the starting point. Deputy premiers Wissanu Krea-ngam, MR Pridiyathorn Devakula, Yongyuth Yutthawong, Interior Minister Anupong Paochinda, Justice Minister Paiboon Koomchaya and PM's Office Minister Suwaphan Tanyuvadhana were among the participants. Members of the Democrat, Pheu Thai and other political parties such as former PM Abhisit Vejjajiva also took part.

According to Guinness World Records, participants had to follow the rules to be counted, meaning they had to leave the starting point at the same time nationwide and had to bike continuously for a minimum of four kilometres. "His Majesty the King and the Royal Family have greatly supported us scouts, so we want to express our gratitude to them" said Village Scouts director Pol General Somsak Khwaengsopa, who wanted to complete the full course in Bangkok. "Forty three kilometres is nothing to me, actually," said a vigorous 82-year-old Ruenkham Saen-in, who regularly travels from her northern hometown of Uttaradit to film a television programme in Bangkok. "I've been riding a bicycle since I was 10, and nowadays I normally cycle about 28 kilometres a day. So riding this far in Bangkok is a piece of cake, compared with tougher paths in my village," she said. But when asked to speak of the Queen, Ruenkham became emotional. "I'm so overwhelmed that I can't express it in words," she said.

Many children joined the event like a first-grade girl who had a pink bicycle adorned with the Queen's image and a |message that read: "Long Live the Queen". "She saw TV ads and was tempted to come to the event," her grandmother explained while other cyclists helped the girl change a flat tyre. "I can't join the rallies because of my knee condition. But I'm still bringing my son today to see the Crown Prince and the Princess. This is a rare occasion," said a mother. Her son Tehapreud Weerawat said: "I'm excited to see them. And as a son, I will pay attention on my studies as a gift to my mother."

Military officers were also seen at the event, but in blue shirts and bicycle gears instead of their usual, formal attire. "The Royal Thai Air Force encourages its officers to cycle to work once a week, so this event really fits our agenda." said First Lieutenant Pratya Kaewpanna. "This cycling event encouraged us to show our unity, something that our country may seem to be lacking. But we can actually make it, as you can see today," he added. "We have been enthusiastic about the event; we rehearsed it five times," said an Army officer. "Not only the Army, every Thai person can express their gratitude in their own ways."

Even foreign riders joined the event. "I'm joining it because the roads today are great for biking, and I love biking to benefit my health," an American said. "It's also a great picture to see lots of people wishing to support the monarchy. "I would like to get a themed blue shirt with the event's logo. Unfortunately, the registration website was all in Thai and I couldn't read it. That's why I came with my own dark blue shirt today."

www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Prince-leads-record-bike-ride-30266717.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Across country, around world, Thais 'Bike for Dad'

Bangkok Post 11 Dec 2015 at 17:08

From the capital to the insurgency-riddled southern provinces, people from all walks of life pedalled their bicycles on Friday to honour His Majesty the King and “Bike for Dad”. His Royal Highness Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn led cyclists in the 29-kilometre ride, which started at the Royal Plaza around 3.45pm and travelled a loop through many areas of Bangkok, including across the Chao Phraya River into Thon Buri.

More details : Across country, around world, Thais 'Bike for Dad' | Bangkok Post: news

Photo gallery : Bangkok Post: Photo

HRH Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn

PHOTO BY PATTANAPONG HIRUNARD

http://www.bangkokpost.com/media/content/2015/12/11/CBD62599506140D58ED4B34A12BA91EC.jpg

HRH Princess Bajrakitiyabha

http://www.bangkokpost.com/media/content/2015/12/11/59D1540983F34DF38A7901E9AF5947F5.jpg

HRH Princess Sirivannavari Nariratan

http://www.bangkokpost.com/media/content/2015/12/11/24FBDBD70BEF4837BC6B7B2245C02564.jpg

Princess Sirivannavari Nariratana attended the Christian Dior Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2016-2017 show as part of Paris Fashion Week on July 4:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Yesterday, July 5, Princess Sirivannavari Nariratana was among the guests at the Chanel Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2016-2017 show in Paris:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princess Sirivannavari Nariratana at the Christian Dior show in Paris yesterday, July 6:

** Pic **

Princess Sirivannavari Nariratana attended the Balmain show and the Chloe show as part of the Paris Fashion Week Womenswear Spring/Summer 2017 on September 29:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princess Sirivannavari Nariratana watched the Dior show in Paris yesterday, September 30, wearing a very lovely dress:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

:previous:

You may be right about that! The female guests often wear the designers' dresses to their shows..

Today, October 3, Princess Sirivannavari Nariratana attended the Giambattista Valli show in Paris:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom