Princess Aiko Current Events: July 2005 - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smilla said:
Do you also get the impression that Aiko must be a very shy little girl? She always looks so serious and never as lighthearted and gleeful as Amalia, for example. Maybe she is influenced by her mother's unhappiness at the court. what do you think?

I bet if Aiko acted like Amalia, the IHA would have a heart attack. The words fun and happiness don't seem to be in their vocabulary. I bet if given the chance, Aiko would seem a lot more joyful and act like a four-year old (she seemed to be more happy in some of her birthday pics). She's adorable but she acts much older than her age. If that's good or not; I don't know.

soCal girl said:
I bet if Aiko acted like Amalia, the IHA would have a heart attack. The words fun and happiness don't seem to be in their vocabulary.

All the pictures that are released of Aiko are from the IHA press office, she's as animated as Amalia is in photos taken of Aiko when she's not aware of the camera and she's behaving naturally. Her father has taken photos and video which have been released to the media. Aiko's life isn't that isolated, children have been coming to the Togu Palace to play with her since she was a toddler. Photos were released of Aiko and Masako at the palace with other children having a gym class when Aiko was 2 years old. Once she was 3 she started attending a toddler's group outside the palace 3 times a week, again with Masako. She went to the zoo recently with friends and their families, she also had friends with her at the Disney theme parks. She does seem quite shy in public but this is quite the norm with Japanese children as well as solemn expressions when they're posing for photographs.
The IHA don't control what she sees on TV or the books she's exposed to, also Aiko's parents are trying to give make sure she has similar experiences to other children of her generation, hence the trip to Disney.
The IHA is a large organisation, it's all the people who are employed to look after the various palaces, including the historic ones in the old imperial capital of Kyoto. The medical staff at the hospital in the Imperial Palace grounds in Tokyo are IHA, so are all the gardeners, the scientists who work in the science laboratory in the Imperial Palace ground who work with the Emperor in his research into fish. Over 7,000 people are the IHA so, would they all have a heart attack at pictures of Aiko smiling?!

Masako isn't totally isolated from her family. At the height of her breakdown in 2004, Masako left the Togu Palace with Aiko and went and stayed with her mother in her parents' holiday villa in the Nagano area. ( There is also an Imperial holiday villa in the Nagano area but Masako chose to stay with her parents) Masako spent a month with her mother and Aiko before she returned to Tokyo.

Charlotte1 said:
All the pictures that are released of Aiko are from the IHA press office, she's as animated as Amalia is in photos taken of Aiko when she's not aware of the camera and she's behaving naturally. Her father has taken photos and video which have been released to the media. Aiko's life isn't that isolated, children have been coming to the Togu Palace to play with her since she was a toddler. Photos were released of Aiko and Masako at the palace with other children having a gym class when Aiko was 2 years old. Once she was 3 she started attending a toddler's group outside the palace 3 times a week, again with Masako. She went to the zoo recently with friends and their families, she also had friends with her at the Disney theme parks. She does seem quite shy in public but this is quite the norm with Japanese children as well as solemn expressions when they're posing for photographs.
The IHA don't control what she sees on TV or the books she's exposed to, also Aiko's parents are trying to give make sure she has similar experiences to other children of her generation, hence the trip to Disney.
The IHA is a large organisation, it's all the people who are employed to look after the various palaces, including the historic ones in the old imperial capital of Kyoto. The medical staff at the hospital in the Imperial Palace grounds in Tokyo are IHA, so are all the gardeners, the scientists who work in the science laboratory in the Imperial Palace ground who work with the Emperor in his research into fish. Over 7,000 people are the IHA so, would they all have a heart attack at pictures of Aiko smiling?!

Masako isn't totally isolated from her family. At the height of her breakdown in 2004, Masako left the Togu Palace with Aiko and went and stayed with her mother in her parents' holiday villa in the Nagano area. ( There is also an Imperial holiday villa in the Nagano area but Masako chose to stay with her parents) Masako spent a month with her mother and Aiko before she returned to Tokyo.

Thanks for the info Charlotte. Aiko is animated when unaware of the cameras but she doesn't seem to be as joyful. It may be that Aiko is more shy than other kids her age. I, however, would love to see the day when Aiko shouts "Ja" (in Japanese of course :D) to the cameras.

She is such a cute little girl. Thanks for the info Charlotte1.

This week's magazine cover features Princess Aiko's trip to Disneyland
#1: Shukanjosei
#2: Josei

Attachments

• woman060404_l.jpg
    woman060404_l.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 202
  • cover06-12.jpg
    cover06-12.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 210
mandyy said:
This week's magazine cover features Princess Aiko's trip to Disneyland
#1: Shukanjosei
#2: Josei

Thanks for those pics. I can see her mom in her face. She is a cutie

The Crown Princely couple looks amazing, can't believe they're both over 40.

Ooooh Princess Aiko with her mouth open, so cute.

ENTHUSIASTIC WELCOME FOR NARUHITO FROM LITTLE AIKO

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/03/22/princessaiko/

Her daddy was back home after an overseas trip, and little Princess Aiko's excitement over his return was clear for all to see. As Crown Prince Naruhito pulled up in a limo, his four-year-old daughter couldn't even wait for him to get out of the car before calling out enthusiastically to greet him.

And when the prince, who was returning from Mexico where he has been attending the World Water Forum, stepped forward to gently stroke the youngster's hair, Aiko's face, as she clung on tightly to her mum's hand, was wreathed in smiles.

Aiko is just too cute for words. She always has a white cardigan draped over her little dresses. :) BTW, when is her birthday?

soCal girl said:
Aiko is just too cute for words. She always has a white cardigan draped over her little dresses. :) BTW, when is her birthday?

Yes, I also noticed that the cardigan has been added to her wardrobe lately... makes her look so dainty and grown-up. :) Her birthday is December 1. You can find some articles and pics released for her last birthday on this thread.

Last edited:
More photos of Aiko's visit to Disneyland Resort on March 13, 2006.

From Profimedia
These are the photos of when she visited the Disneyland. Here you can see that Aiko is wearing Marie's Passport ticket holder on her neck. (Very cute:) )
In the first photo you can see Masako's sister's son is behind Naruhito (the little blue coat)

Something extra (crop photo from Profimedia)
From this photo below on the occasion when Aiko bids farewell to her father Naruhito as he leaves for his Mexico trip just 2 days after their visit to Disney resort, Aiko still misses her trip to Disney as she clungs on to the Disney passort ticket.

Attachments

• 42-16604962.jpg
    42-16604962.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 314
  • 42-16605011.jpg
    42-16605011.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
Thanks for the photos, Mandyy. Masako looks warm in that coat! Do you know when Aiko begins kindergarten? It is soon, I think.

thanksss,Aiko is beautiful :) !!!!!!

aiko is a very beautiful little girl, she born for to be empress.

Emily said:
Thanks for the photos, Mandyy. Masako looks warm in that coat! Do you know when Aiko begins kindergarten? It is soon, I think.

She's started, the school year begins on April 1st each year. Regardless of what day of the week April 1st is.

Top aide to crown prince's household wishes Princess Aiko well

...............Referring to the princess entering the Gakushuin Kindergarten in Tokyo in mid-April, the 54-year-old Hayashida told reporters, "My heart is full." Hayashida assumed the post of chief chamberlain of the crown prince's household in November 2001, just before Princess Aiko was born, and became grand master in May 2002..............................
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060405/kyodo/d8gq24q00.html

:rolleyes:.....I guess we still have to wait for a few more days or at least a week before Aiko begins Kindergarten

purple_platinum said:
ENTHUSIASTIC WELCOME FOR NARUHITO FROM LITTLE AIKO
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/03/22/princessaiko/
Her daddy was back home after an overseas trip, and little Princess Aiko's excitement over his return was clear for all to see. As Crown Prince Naruhito pulled up in a limo, his four-year-old daughter couldn't even wait for him to get out of the car before calling out enthusiastically to greet him.
And when the prince, who was returning from Mexico where he has been attending the World Water Forum, stepped forward to gently stroke the youngster's hair, Aiko's face, as she clung on tightly to her mum's hand, was wreathed in smiles.

Awwwwwww..another Daddy's girl, just like her counterpart Princess Elisabeth of Belgium :)
Although I'm sure the IHA wasn't pleased with her enthusiasm (sarcasm) :mad:

Princess Aiko to enter kindergarten next Tuesday
(Kyodo) _ Princess Aiko, 4, the only child of Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, will take part in an entrance ceremony next Tuesday at the Gakushuin Kindergarten in Tokyo, the Imperial Household Agency said Friday. The crown prince and princess will also attend the event, it said.................
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060407/kyodo/d8gr4s5g1.html

Thank you for the news regarding kindergarten Mandyy - I hope there will be photos of this dear family! I am confused -- they refer to this top aide at the Prince's household saying "my heart is full" and that he has been with the family in that capacity since 2001 -- yet I thought the top aide was just appointed and is a friend of Masako's family. What have I got wrong here?

Emily said:
I am confused -- they refer to this top aide at the Prince's household saying "my heart is full" and that he has been with the family in that capacity since 2001 -- yet I thought the top aide was just appointed and is a friend of Masako's family. What have I got wrong here?
Hayashida was the one who said "my heart is full". He is the old chamberlain and is retiring on April 6.... Nomura is resuming the new post as the Top aide to the Crown Prince's Household and replacing Hayashida

Last edited:
Princess Aiko enters kindergarten

(Kyodo) _ Princess Aiko, the only child of Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, entered the Gakushuin Kindergarten in Tokyo on Tuesday, the Imperial Household Agency said.

The 4-year-old princess attended the entrance ceremony that lasted for about 30 minutes along with her parents and about 50 other children. The children were divided into two groups and entered their own classrooms after the ceremony, and Aiko met with her teacher as well as her classmates there, the agency said...........................
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060411/kyodo/d8gtg53g0.html

Last edited:
What will she be called in the kindergarten, does anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom