Princess Aiko News and Current Events Part 3: April 2008 - December 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good that Aiko is given the independence of walking home alone from school but I'm assuming she has bodyguards just for safety?

Why no one from the school can't resolve the bullying problem, sure there are other kids who are suffering from the same problem, the school doesn't have a psychologist?

A behavior modification could be implemented, but all the staff would have to be on board. All it takes is good observation and prompt action; and the action cannot itself be harsh or bullying.

Noble children fall into the category of "envied by others," and these are the children who are most bullied. The only person needing actual psychological help is the bully.

A behavior modification could be implemented, but all the staff would have to be on board. All it takes is good observation and prompt action; and the action cannot itself be harsh or bullying.

Noble children fall into the category of "envied by others," and these are the children who are most bullied. The only person needing actual psychological help is the bully.

Aiko isn't being bullied, in November 2009 she (along with other girls there) were pushed in the hallway by boys rushing past. This upset her. Then in late February/early March last year it happened again, she was upset and refused to attend school due to 'rough boys'. The school had teachers patrol the hallways to deal with the problem and now is having to work with Aiko and her parents to ensure regular school attendence.

Aiko isn't being bullied, in November 2009 she (along with other girls there) were pushed in the hallway by boys rushing past. This upset her. Then in late February/early March last year it happened again, she was upset and refused to attend school due to 'rough boys'. The school had teachers patrol the hallways to deal with the problem and now is having to work with Aiko and her parents to ensure regular school attendence.

If the situation has been resolved, does that mean her mother will no longer be sitting in the classroom with Aiko?
(I can't think that is a good idea).

Princess Aiko readjusting to school life - Mainichi Daily
Princess Aiko, the only child of Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, has been readjusting to school life recently, spending more time with her classmates.
Princess Masako has been accompanying her daughter to and from school since the trouble emerged and observing Princess Aiko's classes.
Since the third term began in January this year, the Princess often stays with her classmates until the end of the final class and regularly walks home. On Jan. 18, Princess Aiko returned home alone while her mother attended a parents' meeting. On Feb. 18, Prince Naruhito also visited the elementary school to see his daughter sing in a chorus.
However, she has yet to attend all classes from the morning and eats lunch with her mother in the classroom, while other students eat at the cafeteria.
Gakushuin managing director Motomasa Higashisono said, "We have been taking the necessary measures while in consultation with the Imperial Household Agency. We will make further efforts so the Princess will soon attend classes more regularly."

So she was bullied? Poor little girl.

She wasn't bullied; some boys were acting out a bit one day and she became frightened when they ran past the group of girls, among whom Aiko was standing.
Apparently she is quite shy and not used to noisy boys.

That can't be the only time it's happened, though. I mean, it isn't her first year of school and younger boys are probably noisier. I wouldn't be surprised if Aiko is teased at school. Unfortunately, her position could make her a 'target' for the other kids.

Manga portraying Aiko as a brat? :-(

I've been lurking here for a while, but never posted till now. Recently I found the Princess Mako fan art site that was set up a few years ago. Most of the drawings are kind of cute, but then I found something else. On this page (ƒ}ƒRƒŠƒ“ƒyƒ“ƒCƒ‰ƒXƒg•ÛŠÇŒÉ) 3 sections down, is some kind of manga depicting Mako, another girl and some servants. I didn't realize it at first but is the other girl supposed to be Aiko? (Also, you can see Kako in the background of the 3rd page). My japanese isn't good (I only took a year of it in college) but you can tell from the pictures what's going on.

Of course, no one knows what the Imperial family might be like in private, but I have a hard time believing that Aiko is really the kind of spoiled brat that this fan manga depicts her as. What does everyone else think? Why would someone draw this?

Of course, no one knows what the Imperial family might be like in private, but I have a hard time believing that Aiko is really the kind of spoiled brat that this fan manga depicts her as. What does everyone else think? Why would someone draw this?

I think some people do perceive Aiko as a spoiled brat, maybe because of her school situation.
For many months the case has been this: CP Masako accompanies her to school, sits in the classroom with her, then takes her home after a short time.

(I find it hard to believe the school authorities permit this, but as you say, we don't understand all the history, perhaps there are special circumstances?)

In any event, a lot of sympathy for Masako and Aiko has apparently eroded, and much of the public is impatient and/or annoyed with them. That may be the reason for the drawings.

Aiko is a cute little girl, but seldom looks happy.

i really like her!!! what a pity that she will not be anymore empress in the future. she would make a great monarch^^

When I read about Aiko, I feel that to a certain degree she is carrying out her mothers problems. Wouldn't Aiko be strong enough to stand up for herself by now if her mother wouldn't motherhen around her at all times? Maybe Masako projects her own insequirities onto her little daughter. I know that Japanese children usually have alot of expectaions to live up to, but maybe Aiko is burdened by the appearantly low expectaions from her mother, who believes that her girl cannot go to school without her.

None of us really know what is going on. The Japanese, especially the IHA, are notorious for not giving away information.

If Aiko is still being bullied, then either she changes school, or Mum has to put her foot down.

What does Naruhito say about this?

If Aiko is still being bullied, then either she changes school, or Mum has to put her foot down.

That's why I thought that perhaps they should try home-schooling?

Socialization for children is important, but Aiko can't be getting any if her mother is glued to her side, and even eats lunch with her in the classroom while the other children eat in the cafeteria.

None of us really know what is going on. The Japanese, especially the IHA, are notorious for not giving away information.

What does Naruhito say about this?

The IHA is actually giving out quite a bit of information on Aiko's school situation. There is a weekly press briefing on Fridays and information is given out. The poster Mariko was quite good at reporting back on this information. Generally unless you understand Japanese this information isn't accessible, it's only in Japanese and the briefing is given to Japanese journalists no foreign journalists.

Aiko isn't being bullied! She was upset by the rough behaviour of the boys in the hallway, the school is dealing with the situation. Aiko seems to be quite a strong willed little girl and in the past year has dictated how much school she's attending. According to the press briefings (courtesy of Mariko) Aiko is now spending more time at school (she's older too, now in the 4th grade) and participates in school activities such as choir. Both her parents have been to watch her perform with the school choir. Masako does accompany her to school, but Aiko also has been left alone without her mother and has walked home on her own. (it's not far)

With all the time she missed away from school in 3rd grade she was tutored at home. But that's not the solution to her refusal to attend school, instead being made to go and gradually increasing her time is working.

Both Naruhito and Masako have regular meetings with the school administration so whatever he is saying he's saying to them and not publically to strangers.

...Aiko isn't being bullied! ... Aiko seems to be quite a strong willed little girl and in the past year has dictated how much school she's attending...
Well said, Charlotte1!:flowers:
HIH the Princess Toshi does not look to be unhappy child with her new haircut during welcoming her father back home from his visit to Germany on June 25th, 2011.

**Pic** - capture from NHK News

Well said, Charlotte1!:flowers:
HIH the Princess Toshi does not look to be unhappy child with her new haircut during welcoming her father back home from his visit to Germany on June 25th, 2011.

**Pic** - capture from NHK News

She is the splitting image of her father!

Yes, she is!:)
And her smile is gorgeous :flowers:
Her smile is infectious...hopefully HRH The Crown Prince takes solace in the fact he has a beautiful daughter who looks exactly like him.

She is a beautiful girl, with a beautiful soul. She makes me smile!

In this forum it is said: "A finales de Junio, Aiko retorno a la escuela sin ser acompañada hasta esta o retirada por su madre, y se convirtió en el primer miembro de la familia en concurrir en subte:", which means, as far as I understand, that, at the end of June, Aiko went back to school without being accompanied to or from it and that she has become the first member of the imperial family to make her way to school by underground. They also give these pics/video that show her on her way.

If that is true, it is really good news! :flowers:

In this forum it is said: "A finales de Junio, Aiko retorno a la escuela sin ser acompañada hasta esta o retirada por su madre, y se convirtió en el primer miembro de la familia en concurrir en subte:", which means, as far as I understand, that, at the end of June, Aiko went back to school without being accompanied to or from it and that she has become the first member of the imperial family to make her way to school by underground. They also give these pics/video that show her on her way.

If that is true, it is really good news! :flowers:

I wouldn't put too much belief in this story since the elementary school attended by Aiko is within walking distance of her home. She doesn't need to catch the underground to it! She has walked home before on her own (with security officers probably following her) In Japan it's unusual for parents to walk their children to and from school, children go to school on their own, it's quite safe.

Aiko did ride the underground once when she was in kindergarten. The Gakusuin kindergarten is further away. Masako wanted Aiko to experience travelling home the same way as the other children in her kindergarten. Aiko asked why she was the only child being driven home. (The norm in Japanese schools is either walking if close enough or if further away then public transport is used. It's not permitted to drive your child to school, traffic would be chaotic!!) Masako and Aiko caught the subway train to the nearest station to the palace complex where they live and then were driven home from the station.

[...] the elementary school attended by Aiko is within walking distance of her home. She doesn't need to catch the underground to it! She has walked home before on her own (with security officers probably following her)[...]

That makes sense, but then WHERE is Aiko going on her own? :question: (At least, more or less on her own, I suppose that there is a bodyguard somewhere around - but no family member, as far as I can see.)

It is true that in these pics one sees her only walking, but there is a second pic in the forum (probably the cover of some periodical) that shows Aiko by herself in the underground. Unfortunately, I cannot find a way to create a direct link to the second pic, but you can easily find it by just scrolling down this page to the fifth post. There you´ll find, first, the Spanish text I have quoted, second, a smaller version of the pics showing Aiko walking and third, the said periodical cover (if you click on "Ampliar esta imagen", it´ll get bigger).

I cannot really conceive that Aiko should be allowed (or even feel the wish) to go shopping or to make an outing by herself, so, at least, until we get a better explanation, I still suppose that she is on her way to school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom