Crown Princess Masako Current Events Part 1: July 2005 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm belated to comment these pics, but they are quite lovely...And the dog and the cat are the sweetest things I've even seen! :p

Vanesa.

Thanks for the photos!
Crown Princess Masako looked happy and relaxed. The full support of Crown Prince Naruhito and Princess Aiko tremendously contributes to the recovery of Crown Princess Masako's mental and physical conditions.

How long has she (Masako) been ill?
I seem to remember reading some reference to this years ago.

Sources say that CPM became ill soon after her marriage. But I do know that the Japanese Royal Court first made her illness public 7 years ago.

Crown Princes Masako has not been much in the public eye since 2002. In 2004 she was diagnosed with the adjustment disorder and was said to seek treatment. In 2008 Crown Prince Naruhito appealed to the public asking for compassion and understating for his wife.

Thanks for the photos!
Crown Princess Masako looked happy and relaxed. The full support of Crown Prince Naruhito and Princess Aiko tremendously contributes to the recovery of Crown Princess Masako's mental and physical conditions.

I fully agree with you. Masako is a highly intelligent and driven individual who had a very siccessful career before her marriage to the crown prince. I hope she is better soon and wish her well.

I wasn't aware that it has been such a long time!
I'm not trying to offend anyone, but perhaps if she is having so much difficulty coping, it might be better for her husband to abdicate?

Has there ever been an abdication in the Imperial family?
Or is it one of those things that is simply unheard of?

There were several abdications in the Imperial family during the 2500 years of its' history.
The Crown Prince will never abdicate since he was raised to become a monarch.
By the way, there is another thread to discuss this topic.:)

I wasn't aware that it has been such a long time!
I'm not trying to offend anyone, but perhaps if she is having so much difficulty coping, it might be better for her husband to abdicate?

I wondered why you thought the Crown Prince should abdicate?

I wondered why you thought the Crown Prince should abdicate?

I just thought that, if his wife has been ill ever since the wedding, perhaps it would be better for her if she was removed from the situation? It's not like she's been unable to adapt for only a year or two, it's been a problem for a long time. So perhaps if he abdicated and they had a relatively normal life with less pressure and ritual, it would be better for both of them?
It's just a thought.

(I know he's been trained to inherit the throne, but I can't think he's happy as things are? Nor do I see how the situation will improve once he becomes Emperor.)

It is highly improbable that the IHA will break the succession line. Crown Princess Masako's illness is not a serious reason to abdicate.

It is highly improbable that the IHA will break the succession line. Crown Princess Masako's illness is not a serious reason to abdicate.

Then what would be considered a reason to abdicate?
Would the Prince have to be ill himself?
Or are there other reasons that would be acceptable?

Just curious.

Physical/mental incapacity to perform duties as an Emperor might be viewed as a valid reason to abdicate. The above reason might be applied the European monarchs as well.

Thanks for the update!:flowers:
Given the tone of the article, I would say that there is a strong possibility of Crown Princess Masako attending the wedding. We shall see whether or not Crown Princess will fell well enough to actually accompany Crown Prince Naruhito.

Perhaps CP Masako could attend the wedding itself; but given her medical history, attending the events connected to it would perhaps be too much for her.

The Crown Princess had escaped the official ceremonies during the several years, the only exeption was the Prince of Wales's visit to Japan.:)
I believe she will attend the wedding in UK.:flowers:

If the CP attends the wedding, though, won't that just give support to the people who say that she's fine to do things she likes, but when it comes to performing her duties she is suddenly ill?

I have read some articles lately that say the CP attends many private dinners and things like that, but then claims illness when she is supposed to make an official appearance.

I sympathize with illness, depression is a terrible thing to suffer from. Yet I get the sense that people are impatient with her because she seems so selective about what she will and will not do.

Yes, like the time that CP Masako visited the Netherlands. It gives ammunition to those who consider her "too Westernized" as well.

Having a meal out with friends can be "hard work" when a person's suffering from an emotional or mental disorder, but people don't understand that if they haven't dealt with it.

If the CP attends the wedding, though, won't that just give support to the people who say that she's fine to do things she likes, but when it comes to performing her duties she is suddenly ill?

I have read some articles lately that say the CP attends many private dinners and things like that, but then claims illness when she is supposed to make an official appearance.

I sympathize with illness, depression is a terrible thing to suffer from. Yet I get the sense that people are impatient with her because she seems so selective about what she will and will not do.

I tend to agree with what you say here Mirabel. Unless the IHA can be abit more specific about the illness when the Crown Princess cannot attend an official event, people will interpret the situation in a negative way. For instance, a few weeks ago the CP did not attend the official birthday visit to the Imperial Palace, but did have dinner later that day with the Emperor and Empress. I'd say she had a migrain in the early part fo the day and felt better later. However, because of the lack of even the most basic information from the IHA, the interpretation could be that her overall illness is so complicated and varied that at any moment she might be well or ill. More information is given about the Emperor and Empresses states of health than the health of Masako.

Those are two lovely tiaras. Re: that article, it says that Obama will be the guest of honor, but I thought it had already been confirmed by BP that the Obamas were not on the guest list?

They canceled the William's wedding due to the earthquake

I just saw on NHK-gtv online and that Imperial Household Agency said
Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Japan decided not attend the William's wedding due to this earthquake. They are having quiet time at their place.

At this moment nobody is attending the wedding from the royal family of Japan.

by NHK-gtv

nhk-gtv on USTREAM: NHK

I just saw on NHK-gtv online and that Imperial Household Agency said
Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Japan decided not attend the William's wedding due to this earthquake. They are having quiet time at their place.

At this moment nobody is attending the wedding from the royal family of Japan.

by NHK-gtv

nhk-gtv on USTREAM: NHK

It's only to be expected.
This situation is so dire, and it will take far longer than a month to improve.
I don't know how they are coping, it's just a nightmare!

It is a pity but it is understandable and they are right to do so.

The decision came as no suprise. Furthermore, I was sure that Crown Princely couple would not attend the wedding. A magnitude of calamities is astounding. It will take a lot of time to bring life back to normal.

Jordan's Queen Rania and Crown Princess Masako's father Hisashi Owada at the UN Foundation Board members during their Board meeting in Oslo, Norway, June 20, 2011.
**Pic** - from the site PRWeb
Full article

Crown Princess Masako turns 50 tomorrow, December 9!

On the occasion of her birthday some new family pics from December 3 have been released today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Dang, Aiko looks about sixteen instead of twelve! But glad to know Masako is better, lovely lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom