Crown Prince Naruhito Current Events Part 1: July 2005 - December 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy seeing him express his talent and love of music.

Crown Prince Naruhito has offered flowers at the National Cemetery for
the War Dead in Peace Memorial Park at Itoman in the southern Japan
prefecture July 27, 2010

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

Crown Prince Naruhito waves as he arrives at JR Shin-Fujinomiya station to
attend an opening ceremony of the 15th Nippon Jamboree hosted by the
Scout Association of Japan, August 2nd, 2010. Boys from about 40 countries
will take part in the gathering.

** Pic **

Crown Prince Naruhito delivered a speech at a ceremony to commemorate the
125th anniversary of the founding of the World Association for Waterborne
Transport Infrastructure at a hotel in Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture, on Sept. 12,
2010. The Crown Prince said he hopes the association will continue to progress
through international cooperation on environmental issues.

** Pic **

Thanks iceflower. All these solo events for Naruhito .... I miss seeing Masako.

Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Prince Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands visited Nagareyama in Chiba Prefecture, east of Tokyo, on September 14th, 2010, to inspect the Tone Canal, which has connected the Edo and Tone rivers since 1890. - Mainichi

Thanks iceflower. All these solo events for Naruhito .... I miss seeing Masako.
I agree with you rchat...they say she's getting better but must take things easy, which is alright cos we wouldn't want her to have a releapse but i miss seeing :sad:

Crown Prince Naruhito watches elementary and junior high school students clad
in ceremonial outfits harvest rice which will be offered to the Imperial family at
Kawaba village in Gunma Prefecture on October 2nd, 2010.

** Pic **

Crown Prince Naruhito at a tree-growing event at a forest park in Gunma
Prefecture on October 3, 2010.

** Pic **

Crown Prince Naruhito enjoying the view from the peak of Mt. Ibuki located
in Shiga and Gifu prefectures on October 13, 2010.

** Pic **

It is nice to see Crown Prince Naruhito undertaking official engagements.

Indeed, especially if it's a event like the last one, where he looks so
relaxed and more than a tourist or normal visitor enjoying a site than
like an official and perfectly dressed prince in his fixed role...:)

You are quite right. My personal observation is that Crown Prince Naruhito enjoys less official engagements more than his brother.

Indeed, considering the fact that the protocol of an official event gives
you a kind of security, that you know what to do and what's expected,
that's also easy to imagine..

Crown Prince Naruhito paid homage at Meiji Shrine in Tokyo on November 8,
2010, in commemoration of the 90th anniversary of its foundation. Enshrining
Emperor Meiji (1852-1912) and his wife, the dowager Shoken, it was constructed
on November 1, 1920.

** Pic **

He looks very dapper!

Jordanian Prince Ali Bin al-Hussein has been received by Crown Prince
Naruhito for a meeting at the Togu Palace in Tokyo on November 15,

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

And yesterday, November 14, Crown Prince Naruhito has attended an
international wheelchair marathon in Oita.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Last edited:

Crown Prince Naruhito with trainees at Amada Co., a manufacturer of
metalworking machinery, in Isehara, Kanagawa Prefecture, on Jan.
21, 2011.

** Pic **

Crown Prince Naruhito delivered a speech at the 150th anniversary ceremony
for the Japan-Germany amity treaty at the National Art Center in Tokyo on
January 24, 2011. The treaty was signed to establish diplomatic and commercial
relations between the the two countries.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages/daylife **

Japan's Crown Prince to visit Bulgaria

Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito has accepted the invitation of Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov to pay a visit to Bulgaria by the end of 2011 or in 2012.
Bulgarian PM Borisov will also invite Japanese counterpart Naoto Kan on a visit to Bulgaria. The two are scheduled to meet later on today. - Focus News Agency

Standart article

They are discussing the possibility for Princess Masako to attend Prince's William's wedding. I hope she will attend it.

Crown Prince Naruhito appeared in front of the press people at his house for his birthday statement. Here is the TV News from NHK.

????? ????????NHK????

By NHK Televison

The press has asked if he is going to attend Prince William's wedding at the CP Naruhito's birthday conference. He answered to question of the press saying "he was not sure, has not seen the invitation yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crown Prince Naruhito speaks about family on 51st birthday

On the occasion of his 51st birthday on Feb. 23, Crown Prince Naruhito revealed his thoughts on his family at a recent press conference -- as the father of Princess Aiko who has been suffering anxiety about going to school, as a son of Emperor Akihito who is under medication for a heart condition and as the husband of long-ailing Crown Princess Masako. - Mainichi Daily

Crown Prince Naruhito viewed news photos of the devastation caused by the March 11, 2011 earthquake and
tsunami in northeastern Japan on display at the Japan Newspaper Museum in Yokohama on May 20, 2011.

** Pic **

Thanks for the update!:flowers:
It is important for the Imperial family to be abreast of the post-earthquake situation and know an extent of the devastation.

They have not visited because.....

After the earthquake, the Emperor and the Empress kept visiting the shelters giving warmth and hope, sharing their sorrows. They preyed for the people. As finally the words came out last week from Mr. Nomura who is the head of the crown family spokesman. According to the CP office their first visit for the devastated area will be beginning of the June to MIYAGI prefecture, and again this visit needs to be weekend date since CP Masako is staying at the school with their daughter Princess Aiko everyday. But as we know also depend on her feeling that day too. They have visited the shelter before but never went to the devastated area. I am wondering why CP Naruhito did not make visit by himself right after the earthquake, even his wife is not able to go. :sad: I know his family is having very difficult time but after all he is the CP. I see more and more time goes by he is not able to carry his duty in this critical time in Japan. :sad:

by Sankei

【皇室ウイークリー】(180)珍しい? 陛下がコンサートで“合唱”される 小学4年愛子さまに「家庭教師」 +(2/5ページ) - MSN産経ニュース

... I am wondering why CP Naruhito did not make visit by himself right after the earthquake, even his wife is not able to go... I see more and more time goes by he is not able to carry his duty in this critical time in Japan.
I read the same info, and I see that HIH the Crown Prince is able to carry his official duties on. The Crown Prince does his job well.
Inspite your disapproval, Mariko, it is the Crown Prince who will be the next Emperor of Japan. Whatever you will write to express your personal view of the future of Japanese Imperial Family.
I believe this kind of allegations made by you are some kind of black PR against the CP family, aren't they? Please, no more, Mariko.

Crown Prince talks with disaster victims in Toyama

Crown Prince Naruhito talked with people evacuating from disaster- and nuclear crisis-hit areas in Tohoku in a park in Toyama Prefecture after an annual ceremony to promote greenery activities.
Fifteen evacuees to the prefecture on the Sea of Japan coast from Fukushima and Miyagi prefectures on the Pacific side were invited to the Saturday event, in which some 1,500 people from across the nation took part and offered a silent prayer for victims of March 11. - Japan Today

Crown Prince Naruhito press conference June 17th, 2011

Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito speaks before the press at the Togu Palace in Tokyo Friday, June 17, 2011.
Naruhito will fly to Germany from June 21 for a four-day visit for the 150th anniversary of the Japan-Germany amity treaty.

**Pic** - Kunaicho via daylife

Crown prince hopes to 'express gratitude' for Germany's quake assistance - The Mainichi Daily News
Crown Prince Naruhito said Friday he hopes to "express gratitude" to the German people for their assistance and sympathy for disaster-hit Japan during his visit to the country from Tuesday.

Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito boards an airplane at Tokyo's Haneda airport on June 21, 2011, to leave for Germany on a five-day visit.

**Pic** - Kyodo

:previous:
NHK News article

English translation

Japan's heir to throne due in Berlin for anniversary visit - Monsters and Critics

Prince Naruhito, heir to Japan's imperial throne, was set to arrive in Berlin later Tuesday for a visit that marks 150 years of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
He is to meet with Chancellor Angela Merkel on Thursday, as well as making a tour of key tourist sites such as Berlin's acclaimed Pergamon Museum of Middle Eastern and Greek antiquities.
The 51-year-old crown prince, son of Emperor Akihito, is to receive a welcome Wednesday from the German head of state, President Christian Wulff. He leaves Germany again on Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom