Crown Prince Naruhito and Family: News & Photos 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OKUTAMAMACHI, JAPAN - SEPTEMBER 16: Crown Prince Naruhito of Japan enjoys the view from the top of 1,737-meter-high Takanosuyama Mountain September 16, 2004 in Okutamamachi, Japan.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 308
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 611
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 310
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 256
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 572
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 467
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 339
First pic: Polfoto 24-09-2004 Japan's Crown Princess Masako plays with her daughter Princess Aiko at their residence, Togu Palace, in Tokyo in this May 2004 photo taken by an unidentified person. Imperial Household Agency released the photo Friday, Sept. 24, 2004 with a home video, taken by father Crown Prince Naruhito, of Princess Aiko offering an unusually intimate glimpse into the daily lives of Japan's cloistered royals. (AP Photo/Imperial Household Agency, HO)

Second pic: Polfoto 24-09-2004 Helped by Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, their daughter Princess Aiko plants flowers at their residence, Togu Palace, in Tokyo in this June 2004 photo taken by an unidentified person. Imperial Household Agency released the photo Friday, Sept. 24, 2004 with a home video, taken by father Crown Prince Naruhito, of Princess Aiko offering an unusually intimate glimpse into the daily lives of Japan's cloistered royals. (AP Photo/Imperial Household Agency, HO)

Last 2 pics: Polfoto 24-09-2004 Crown Princess Masako and her daughter Princess Aiko wave to well-wishers as Crown Prince Naruhito looks on with a smile upon their arrival in Kuroiso, north of Tokyo, on their way to the resort of Nasu Friday, Sept. 24, 2004. The trip by Masako is part of her medical treatment, according to the Crown Prince's Household. (AP Photo/Kyodo News)

(Little Aiko is so grown up! She looks much older than little Elisabeth of Belgium, whom she was born just weeks apart from. Must be that very full and thick head of hair on Aiko that makes such a difference!)

Attachments

• JP-1.jpg
    JP-1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 271
  • JP-2.jpg
    JP-2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 350
  • JP-3.jpg
    JP-3.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 290
  • JP-4.jpg
    JP-4.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 346
  • JP-5.jpg
    JP-5.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 302
Polfoto 24-09-2004 Princess Aiko plays in a sandbox at her residence, Togu Palace, in Tokyo in this August 2004 photo taken by an unidentified person. Imperial Household Agency released the photo Friday, Sept. 24, 2004 with a home video, taken by Crown Prince Naruhito, of his daughter Princess Aiko offering an unusually intimate glimpse into the daily lives of Japan's cloistered royals. (AP Photo/Imperial Household Agency, HO)

Attachments

• aiko.jpg
    aiko.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 432
More recently released photos of Princess Aiko, courtesy of the Glittering Royal Events MB, originally from the Imperial Household Agency.

Part 1 of 2

Attachments

• aiko-4a.jpg
    aiko-4a.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 339
  • aiko-4.jpg
    aiko-4.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 376
  • aiko-3a.jpg
    aiko-3a.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 254
  • aiko-2.jpg
    aiko-2.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 271
  • aiko-1.jpg
    aiko-1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 308
  • aiko-3.jpg
    aiko-3.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 443
I can see that P Naruhito truly loves Masako, and is wlling to stand up for her in the face of criticism from the Imperial Court. Masako is lucky to have a husband like him! If only Diana had as much support from Charles.

More recently released photos of Princess Aiko, courtesy of the Glittering Royal Events MB, originally from the Imperial Household Agency.

Part 2 of 2

Attachments

• aiko-5.jpg
    aiko-5.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 317
  • aiko-5a.jpg
    aiko-5a.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 307
  • aiko-6.jpg
    aiko-6.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 365
  • aiko-7.jpg
    aiko-7.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 326
  • aiko-7a.jpg
    aiko-7a.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 282
Great photos! She's such a cute girl!

Great pictures Alexandria. Aiko is an absolutely gorgeous child.

Here is a link to a video of Aiko from Netty's Royalty Page.

Aiko

She's sooooooooooooo cute ...to bad i don't understand japanese language :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3694230.stm

bluetortuga said:
I can see that P Naruhito truly loves Masako, and is wlling to stand up for her in the face of criticism from the Imperial Court. Masako is lucky to have a husband like him!
I agree with you, he keeps his promish to masako befor their wedding.

Attachments

• japans crown.jpg
    japans crown.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 346
I agree, Aiko looks much older than Elisabeth even though Aiko's younger by about 5 weeks. She also looks a fair bit taller but it might be because Aiko's parents are quite short when compared to Philippe and Mathilde who both look to be over 5'10" in height. Masako is shorter than 5'5" (one of the requirements of a prospective bride to the Japanese royal family)...the Crown Prince looks to be a little shorter.

Its so nice to see her out and about. I am sure she'll gradually resume her duties and become (I feel that she already is) true crown princess of Japan.

By the way, I didn't know there was a height requirement for the bride of prince Naruhito. Thanks for that bit of information moosey60...
icon7.gif

NASUSHIOBARA, JAPAN - OCTOBER 4: Crown Prince Naruhito (R), Crown Princess Masako and their daughter Princess Aiko are pictured upon their arrival at Nasushiobara station on October 4, 2004 in Nasu, Tochigi Prefecture, Japan. (Photo by Junko Kimura/Getty Images)

Source: Getty Images

Attachments

• aiko-b.jpg
    aiko-b.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 575
  • aiko-a.jpg
    aiko-a.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1,117
NASUSHIOBARA, JAPAN - OCTOBER 4: Crown Prince Naruhito (R), Crown Princess Masako and their daughter Princess Aiko are pictured upon their arrival at Nasushiobara station on October 4, 2004 in Nasu, Tochigi Prefecture, Japan

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 331
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 240
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 817
Is the Crown Princess Masako OK now? I feel bad for her to be under so much stress but am pleased her husband is open about it and supportive. She is an admirable individual in all respects. I wish her only the best.

Empress breaks her silence over Masako's illness

20 OCTOBER 2004
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2004/10/20/empressmichiko/#enviarJapan's Empress Michiko has spoken out about her daughter-in-law's ongoing emotional troubles. In a statement issued to mark her 70th birthday, Emperor Akihito's wife offered her sympathy to Princess Masako, but seemed to hint that she should rise to the challenge of her responsibilities.

"When a member of a family is suffering, it is a source of sadness for everyone in the family," she said. "It's not only I, but all the members of our family who wish for the crown princess' recovery and want to be of help to her."

Masako has only appeared in public on a handful of occasions in the last year, as she struggles with what the Imperial Household has termed an "adjustment disorder". Her husband Crown Prince Naruhito provoked controversy in May when he said she had become exhausted after ten years trying to adapt to royal life.

The Harvard-graduate, who was a career diplomat before her marriage, was also said to be under pressure to produce a male heir. So far she and Naruhito have only had one child, little Princess Aiko, who was born in 2001.

But Empress Michiko, who was the first commoner to marry into Japan's royal family, seemed to indicate she had felt many of the same pressures in her time. "During all the years since, the sense of heavy responsibility has stayed with me all the time that I should not disgrace the Imperial Family, with its long history, who accepted me, an ordinary citizen, as crown princess."

The conservatism of Japan's Imperial Household is well known, and Michiko also voiced her desire that Masako should help the ancient institution to modernise. "I sincerely hope that the two Princesses, Masako and Kiko, will spend long years as members of the Imperial Family, and will be able to see not only the things that I have done, but also the many things that I have not been able to do, so that they will continue to add more to the Imperial Family, fulfilling what I have been unable to accomplish."

www.hellomagazine.com

Photo: The Empress stepped out with her daughter-in-law when Naruhito gave a violin recital in 2003. "It's not only I, but all the members of our family who wish for the crown princess' recovery," she said

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 1,497
The emperial family should be ashamed to put such a pressure to the crown-princess. Little Aiko is so sweet. She should be the next reining empress of Japan

Betina

its nice to see Crown Princess Masako going out and about...being stuck in such confines must suck...

Amendment to clear way for Empress Aiko
Hellomagazine.com

17 NOVEMBER 2004

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2004/11/17/princessaiko/#enviarA solution to the long-running concerns over the future of Japan's Imperial dynastic line appears to be in sight, after the country's ruling party decided to draw up a constitutional amendment allowing a woman to accede to the throne.

The amendment will pave the way for the current crown prince's daughter, little Princess Aiko, to one day become Empress of her country. One person who will be particularly happy to receive the news is her mother, who has been under intense pressure to produce a male heir. Crown Princess Masako, who had a promising career as a diplomat before marrying into the Imperial family, has been living in virtual seclusion for the last year. The 40-year-old was diagnosed as suffering from an "adjustment disorder" caused by the pressures of her role.

"She seems worn out in her efforts to adjust to royal life over the past ten years," explained her husband Naruhito. "I feel there is so much pressure only on the issue of an heir."

The Liberal Democratic Party is expected to confirm the changes next month, before presenting a final draft in 2005. In order for a constitutional revision to be enacted in Japan, it must be approved by public referendum and win a two thirds majority in both houses of parliament. But it seems almost certain the plan will get the green light, as a recent poll showed 78 per cent of lawmakers and 65 per cent of the electorate were in favour.

1. Masako and Aiko wave to wellwishers on a rare public appearance last September
2. If the amendment is approved, little Aiko may one day become Empress of Japan

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 403
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,366
That's terrific news! I'm glad to see that there is some progress being made with the stalemate they have in Japan. More power to them and I hope that Japan will have an Empress Aiko in the future! :)

TOKYO, JAPAN: Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito smiles on arrival for a reception hosted by Denmark's Queen Margrethe II at the Akasaka State Guesthouse in Tokyo, 17 November 2004. The Danish royals are now here on a five-day state visit to Japan, plus a three-day personal holiday in Okinawa.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 528
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 348
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 333
Polfoto 18-11-2004 Japanese Crown Princess Masako, right, smiles in a car, along with her husband Crown Prince Naruhito, on the arrival at the Imperial Palace to meet Danish Queen Margrethe and her husband Prince Henrik, in Tokyo, Thursday, Nov. 18, 2004. Danish Queen Margrethe is on a week-long state visit to Japan.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 391
Lyonnaise said:
Polfoto 18-11-2004 Japanese Crown Princess Masako, right, smiles in a car, along with her husband Crown Prince Naruhito, on the arrival at the Imperial Palace to meet Danish Queen Margrethe and her husband Prince Henrik, in Tokyo, Thursday, Nov. 18, 2004. Danish Queen Margrethe is on a week-long state visit to Japan.
Glad to see her appearance back...she looked much better in this photo than the one in (similar) picture which taken a couple months ago (see Jun5 post no 60 in this thread)

Japan’s Princess Masako steps out of seclusion
(Reuters)

19 November 2004
TOKYO - Japan’s Crown Princess Masako has met with visiting Queen Margrethe of Denmark but that does not mark her return to official duties after nearly a year in seclusion with a stress-related illness, a palace official said on Friday.

Masako, 40, and her husband, Crown Prince Naruhito, spent about an hour chatting with Margrethe late on Thursday at the Emperor’s palace after the queen, who has spent the week in Japan, asked to meet them.

“Yesterday’s meeting with the Danish queen was mainly along the lines of a family chat,” said an official at the Imperial Household Agency, which looks after the imperial family’s affairs.

“It does not mean the princess is taking up her official duties again. From what I hear, she still has some good days and some bad days,” the official said.

Newspaper photos showed a healthy-looking Masako smiling from a car window as she and the prince arrived at the palace.

Crown Prince Naruhito went to Denmark earlier this year for the wedding of Margrethe’s son, Crown Prince Frederik, but Masako, who has not taken part in any official duties since last December, was unable to attend.

She has appeared in public only rarely over the past year.

Palace officials said in July that she was suffering from an ”adjustment disorder”, a mental condition caused by stress.

Her husband set off a furore in May when he said that Masako, once a cheerful and outgoing career diplomat had become exhausted by 10 years of trying to adapt to palace life.

Royal watchers say much of the stress comes from pressure on her to produce a male heir and from moves to prevent her from acting as a sort of royal envoy overseas.

The couple has one daughter, two-year-old Aiko, and laws prohibit female succession. No boys have been born into the imperial family since Naruhito’s younger brother, Akishino, was born in 1965.

The conservatism of Japan's Imperial Household is well known, and Michiko also voiced her desire that Masako should help the ancient institution to modernise. "I sincerely hope that the two Princesses, Masako and Kiko, will spend long years as members of the Imperial Family, and will be able to see not only the things that I have done, but also the many things that I have not been able to do, so that they will continue to add more to the Imperial Family, fulfilling what I have been unable to accomplish."
I hope that's a message from the Empress to the Household to tell them to stop hinting about Naruhito divorcing Masako and finding himself a wife to breed sons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom