Crown Prince Naruhito and Family: News & Photos 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What an atrocious sentiment! If I were a member of the Japanese Royal Court I'd be ashamed and embarassed of myself.

To demand that the Crown Prince divorce his wife because she is not only depressed but because she cannot produce a male heir is so absurd and lacking in feeling or empathy that I cannot believe any human being in this world would publicly voice this. The royal court should consider that the reason behind Masako's severe depression is because of the tremendous pressure being placed upon her to produce a son -- much of that pressure coming from the Royal Court itself.

I guess the many years Masako has put into representing Japan very well abroad and at home and bringing to the country a beautiful, healthy daughter is apparently not enough and futile on Masako's part.

What about the miscarriage she suffered and no doubt the years of private pain and agony and frustration Masako endured in trying to conceive a child in the first place.

The Japanese Royal Court seems to be the most unfeeling, unsympathetic royal household around. Most royal courts --witness Denmark and Spain's help to their new Crown Princesses-- seem to go out of their way to support and protect their royals, but I guess this is not the case in Japan. If that is the case then they are not worthy of someone as educated, intelligent and kind-hearted and hard working as Masako.

if i remembered it correctly...it's the Crown Princes who has a low sperm count or something ....that's why CP Masako cannot produce a male heir...not her fault!

Originally posted by bigheadshirmp@Jul 18th, 2004 - 10:43 pm
if i remembered it correctly...it's the Crown Princes who has a low sperm count or something ....that's why CP Masako cannot produce a male heir...not her fault!
Good point!

Could someone please provide a source or a confirmation from the Imperial/Royal House. I am finding this hard to Believe.

Thanks

I hope they don't get a divorce over this baby thing.I know heirs are really important, but there is no need to break up a family over it. :(

The situation is ridiculous. All because a bunch of old gray men are stuck in the traditonal pre-historic ways :angry:

someone should just shoot those stuffy old cave men dead :angry: :angry: :angry:

This is an intellgent, beautiful, gifted woman who cld truely be the best asset the royal house has and this is what they do to her!

Really they shld wake up and smell the coffee...what's wrong to hve a woman at the throne, afterall most of the other royal houses hve a queen at the throne.

I have been reading some news articles on the web and it is a curiously sad situation for Masako and Naruhito. The point that alot of these articles make is that the Imperial Household Agency has the right to call the shots where the Imperial family is concerned. The Imperial Family, I beleive, has no major fortune and their lives are strictly guided by the IHA. This is all the way down to appointments, budgets, appearances and the like.

A lot of people have made a lot of arguements for the young couple. I am in agreement. I think that Masako is good for Naruhito and I think that he is trying to change things in the IHA. But as the articles I have had access to seem to imply he is effectvely "being shut down" by the IHA and it is they who are now making "suggestive leaks" to the international press about Masako's fitness as amother and a future empress.

Another point that these articles make, rightly or wrongly, is that Princess Aiko should not be Empress because inheritance has been through the make line for centuries and that if a female Empress were on the throne, a male family could make a power play through Aiko and take over the throne. This is thought to not want to happen because the IHA wants to preserve the "powerbase" of a patriachal line.

This is how I see it: the IHA is a controlling bunch of old men stuck in tradition bound ways. Japan is a modern society BUT it has to want to change. Supposedly 80 % of the population are very sympathetic to the young couple. I think that it will take a lot of time to change the hidebound traditional IHA.

Japan is WAY behind the UK in that they are comparing Masako to Princess Di.
Diana had a chance to move around and think for herself and remove herself from the situation. The UK responded because the people made their wishes know. Japan is very traditional and it will take quite a revolutionary way of thinking to change the Imperial Family as it is now.

Besides, I can't see Masako leaving her daughter. As a mother, I know I couldn't leave my children.

Thanks,

Have a great day. Linda :flower:

hope this is just stupid IHA leaking and CP naru and Masako chuckling at their bed of ever divorcing-they seem to get along so well and still so much in love :lol:

Well, unfortunately this isn't exactly a surprise. I was wondering how long it would take for the dinosaurs to decide that the best thing to do, if Naruhito hasn't got sons and Akishino and Kiko seem disinclined to start producing more babies just to get a boy, was to apply pressure in the hope that they could get rid of Masako and see Naruhito remarried to some youngster who could have a baby a year until one of them was male. Honestly, it's getting like Henry VIII.

I hope the Japanese people speak out about this sort of abuse by the IHA and get behind the concept of Empress Aiko (although whether she's going to want a job that puts her in close proximity to these wretched dinosaurs is another matter). The IHA is positively medieval, and in case they hadn't noticed, the rest of society has moved on a bit.

It's bad enough that protocol is so rigid that Princess Sayako hasn't married (I think I read somewhere here that although she loses her royal status on marriage, she still can't marry just anyone she wants to) and that Empress Michiko has had a parade of nervous breakdowns because she wasn't considered a suitable addition to the imperial family. Now they're trying to destroy Masako as well. These people want dealing with.

poor masako. she is really facing lots of problems... i hope life for her would be as easy as for other crown princesses... she really deserves it. she demonstrated she is doing a great job in my opinion as royal of japan.

masako... :heart: how sweet and lovely she can be, although being in a really strict monarchy.... she is giving the royal family a touch of that down to earth thing...

What job. Masako has not traveled out of Japan in some years. She has had very few obligations and public appearances. SHe has undergone great strain. She has lived in a gilded cage for some years. Having a mental breakdown is hardly down to earth.

Originally posted by Princepessa@Jul 19th, 2004 - 10:30 am
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2004/07/19/japanroyals/
i read about it!

i told my mother about CP Masako will getting divorces from her husband but both will cant become Empress or Empresses but her daughter will become Queen still of course! like Prince Charles and Princess Diana never become King and Queen when both got divorces in 1996 you know that!

I told my mother about CP Masako she been illness for long times and she not work also she told me she dont have children? but CP Masako having daughter of course! its hard for CP Masako you know that!

Sara Boyce

I think the notion that an empress wouldn't work because nobody suitable would want to marry an empress is rather ironic, given the track record of Michiko and Masako. Doesn't exactly seem to be a picnic marrying a crown prince, if it leads to nervous breakdowns, loss of the personal freedom that goes with being able to control one's own income, and being patronised rigid by a bunch of dinosaurs. At this point I think that the next generation is going to find it hard enough to get anybody suitable to marry into the imperial family at a high level. Most people have self-preservation instincts and wouldn't want to be the next person to be pulverised by the system.

Originally posted by bigheadshirmp@Jul 18th, 2004 - 11:43 pm
Not only that but it is a medical fact that the man is the one who determines the sex, not the woman.

QUOTE:
Scientific Understanding

It has been known for many years that the gender of a pregnancy is determined by the sex chromosome carried by the sperm. Sperm bearing an "X" chromosome, when united with the "X" from the female (females only produce "X") will result in an "XX" pregnancy that produces a female. If a sperm bearing a "Y" chromosome (men have both "X" and "Y" bearing sperm) unites with the "X" chromosome from the female, an "XY" pregnany will result that gives rise to a male offspring.
http://www.fertility-docs.com/fertility_gender.phtml

It seems to me that the court is the reason for all her troubles. I mean she didn't seem to have a problem with stress when she worked as a Diplomat (which isn't exactly a stress free job, to say the least.). It's only now that this poor woman has beed restrictred in everything (like a slave) that she has these problems. I think if I was taken out of my active life & told just to look nice, smile & make a male baby, I might get depressed too.

I think the Japanese people need to speak up & demand that this antiquated court start making some changes to modernize itself. Oh & while their at it they should go & get a bit educated on how reproduction & offspring selection works. Someone in their position should not be blurting obsurdities! :angry:

Originally posted by Bubbette@Jul 30th, 2004 - 10:34 am
I'm sorry--has *anyone* ever heard of "adjustment disorder!"
Nope
I don't think doctors should let this kind of information out.It will just make her suffer more and put her under more scrutiny.

Originally posted by Bubbette@Jul 30th, 2004 - 10:34 am
I'm sorry--has *anyone* ever heard of "adjustment disorder!"
Brilliant diagnosis....next we'll hear that blood-letting is part of the prescribed therapy. :wacko:

Apparently it does exist.

http://www.psychnet-uk.com/dsm_iv/adjustment_disorder.htm

However, it's a reaction to external stress, not some figment of the imagination, so the dinosaurs might want to spend a few minutes figuring out what that stress might be before trying to pass her off as damaged goods that should be dumped in favour of a fertile 20-year-old or whatever they have in mind. Heck, a woman who could hold down the sort of job she had before her marriage isn't going to be a mental weakling. She's reacting to a decade of deliberate cruelty from the IHA, is what's going on. And they're trying to behave as though they're just sympathetic onlookers.

Naruhito must be beside himself.

Japan's crown princess has adjustment disorder

"TOKYO - Crown Princess Masako has been diagnosed by doctors as having adjustment disorder, Japanese media reported Friday.

Masako, 40, has received an outpouring of public sympathy since December, when she was briefly hospitalized for herpes zoster -- a stress-induced viral infection commonly known as shingles and usually not considered dangerous.

Japanese media reports, citing the Imperial Household Agency, said palace doctors found that Masako has adjustment disorder, a psychological condition caused by stress and usually compounded by depression or anxiety. She has been undergoing counseling and has been given medication, the reports said, without elaborating.

Masako told palace officials she wanted her condition to be disclosed to the public, Kyodo News reported, citing unidentified sources close to the princess.

Palace officials refused to comment Friday, saying they were holding a briefing for the Japanese media.

Crown Prince Naruhito has said Masako was exhausted from trying to adjust to imperial life and the pressures of producing a male heir to the throne. The couple has a two-year-old daughter.

Masako hasn't performed her official duties or accompanied him on tours of Japan or overseas since December.

Before his European trip in May, Naruhito lashed out at palace officials for trying to "deny her character" by restricting his wife's activities, and blamed them for her ill health.

The shakeup inside palace walls has stirred calls for reform of the Imperial Household Agency, the conservative government bureaucracy that oversees palace affairs.

The popular princess has occasionally alluded to the pressures of royal life since she was married in 1993. Amid intense public pressure to produce an heir, she had one miscarriage before giving birth to Princess Aiko in December 2001.

In January, the Harvard-educated princess said in a statement that her health problems "resulted from the accumulation of mental and physical fatigue" in an unfamiliar environment over the past 10 years."

Poor Masako. I got this from MSNBC, and I though I'd post it in case someone didn't see it.

-Kara-

It's being discussed on the Cp Masako thread, if you have a look there.

Sad situation, isn't it?

I think that the IHA just want to make up something "less serious" than the depression disorder, so that the people won't blame them as much...

Japanese men likes to have absolute power in a family or even in the society....although this problem kinda ease up during the last decade...women's status in Japanese decade is still low in the society...
just hope CP Masako can get well soon...and CP Naruhito can do something about the stupid IHA.... :p :D -_-

I think these revelations will help Masako in the long run. She'll be seen as someone who's suffering due to outmoded traditions and undue stress, rather than being portrayed by the IHA as a shirker and a malingerer. Naruhito is solidly with her as well. I wish her a full and speedy recovery-she has a young daughter who above all else needs a well, strong Mommy. Get well soon Masako! :heart: :heart:

Originally posted by Jackswife@Aug 5th, 2004 - 9:44 am
:cry: :cry: :cry: This is so sad. My heart really goes out to Masako at this time.
I know what you mean. I just think of how intelligent and elegant a woman she is, a shining example of the modern woman and how she's being oppressed by a group who'd rather break than bend with the times. However, I commend her husband for loving her so much that he lashed out at the very group that has been causing her distress. And I don't think they should divorce. A love like that only happens once in a blue moon and is one in a million. :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom