Crown Prince Naruhito and Family: News & Photos 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Elspeth@Jun 9th, 2004 - 12:35 am
This is such a shame. It seems as though Masako was afraid of what would happen to her if she married the Prince, and her fears have been borne out. I'm so glad he finally stood up for her.

The IHA should have stopped to think about the effect their attitude would have on Masako since between them and the old Empress (Hirohito's wife) they managed to drive Empress Michiko to a couple of nervous breakdowns. If they really think that that's a good way to get a modern, highly educated, and intelligent woman in her 30s to have lots of sons, they need a collective brain transplant. What a bunch of cruel idiots.
Well said Elspeth!! You would think that the Empress Michiko would sympathize with Masako. . . . . . . .

She may well sympathise with her, but unfortunately she isn't the one with veto power over what Masako may and may not do in terms of showing her face outside the royal palace more than once a decade.

On one of the other threads, someone said that this IHA monolith even went so far as to interfere in decisions about the sorts of clothes the royal family wear, which is why Masako and Kiko are always dressed like something out of 1950s America.

And we think The Stepford Wives is fiction...sounds as if it's alive and well and thriving in the Japanese royal family.

What do you want to bet both the CP AND Masako are under house arrest? They sound like prisoners. I'm sure the imperial royal household won't let either of them out soon. Notice, since the Prince got back to Japan . . . nada, nothing. I'm sure they're putting screws on his thumbs now. Figuratively, of course. He won't get a microphone again.

The situation sounds untenable to me. Could they defect? Would other, wealthy, royals give them a hand, since they own nothing? Could they ever secretly get on a plane? Now that the world knows and sympathizes, I'll bet the Imperial Household will be watching both like hawks.

Poor both of them. I am envisioning them sneaking out under cover of darkness by a sympathetic maid . . . to a waiting plane . . .to Europe . . .

One thing that has not been discussed is the possibility of even higher-tech fertility treatments for Masako--like an egg donor. It is rumored that their daughter is the result of in vitro fertilization. For a woman whose eggs are on their last legs, over 40, perhaps a younger egg donor would help her get pregnant. One can also pick gender from the embryos, though that gender-choosing technology is quite new and verging on unethical, IMO.

Or Japan can change the laws. Other opinions or knowledge about procedures like this are encouraged.

Thank you all for your answers. :flower:

What an unhappy situation! How awful to keep someone as smart and intelligent as Masako thrust away from everything she had known. I cannot not believe that she is not allowed to travel, to be with her friends, go out for a walkabout in the City. I know that she feels like a prisoner in some ivory tower. I can't even put into words how I would feel to have someone tell me I have to produce a male heir because it makes me so angry.

Is there anyway the the Emperor and Empress can initiate change in the monarchy and abolish the IHA? Can the people of Japan bring about some sort of change? I find that way of life intolerable :angry:

I get angry, too, thinking about Masako's situation. Of all the royal happenings in the world, this is the situation that I get most worked up about. I can't get very excited about the Letizia/Mary debate (who is prettier, smarter, more intelligent, will make a better queen and so on) and I follow British royals with one eyeball asleep. But Masako seems to have done nothing to deserve such restrictions. I don't think she knew what she was getting into. How could she or anyone? And hello, did the imperial household ever take Biology class? It's not the female that determines the gender of the baby. I think she should escape with her daughter and send for her husband. That crown is not worth it, to me. :angry: Grrr.

Originally posted by Paulina@May 30th, 2004 - 2:22 pm
It's a shame the US abolished another country's monarchy.
No, the U.S. didn't abolish the Japanese monarchy. The aristocracy that supported the monarchy was a casualty of war, and that's why the monarchy is so poorly funded now.

Originally posted by papillon+Jun 21st, 2004 - 6:42 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (papillon @ Jun 21st, 2004 - 6:42 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Paulina@May 30th, 2004 - 2:22 pm
No, the U.S. didn't abolish the Japanese monarchy. The aristocracy that supported the monarchy was a casualty of war, and that's why the monarchy is so poorly funded now. [/b][/quote]
Thank you from all Americans who post on this board!!

Originally posted by tiaraprin+Jun 21st, 2004 - 6:57 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tiaraprin @ Jun 21st, 2004 - 6:57 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by papillon@Jun 21st, 2004 - 6:42 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Paulina
@May 30th, 2004 - 2:22 pm

No, the U.S. didn't abolish the Japanese monarchy. The aristocracy that supported the monarchy was a casualty of war, and that's why the monarchy is so poorly funded now.
Thank you from all Americans who post on this board!! [/b][/quote]
You're welcome! ;)

She may have known intellectually, but there's nothing like experiencing something for yourself. She probably had no idea she'd end up virtually being held prisoner for ten years because she hadn't managed to have a son. It seems that many commoners-turned-princesses have had a hard time, but the setup in Japan sounds positively grotesque.

Who is going to get the IHA off of Masako's back??? Now that is the REAL question!!!

Tis true, many commoners turned princess have not survived--seems the only ones who can succeed are the ones so far down the chain of succession that they are not really bothered such as the Duchess of Gloucester in England.

Originally posted by tiaraprin@Jun 26th, 2004 - 11:55 pm
Who is going to get the IHA off of Masako's back??? Now that is the REAL question!!!
That IS the real question! Grrrr. The media, most unusually, are being extremely helpful in this case. They are not always helpful, but now they are.

Originally posted by Paulina@Jun 26th, 2004 - 11:24 pm
That IS the real question! Grrrr. The media, most unusually, are being extremely helpful in this case. They are not always helpful, but now they are.
It seems the IHA thinks the reading public is too foolish to be able to discern which party is the real culprit here. By pointing its finger at the media, the IHA seems to be trying to deny its own greater culpability in Masako's suffering.

I pray that Masako finds peace, but only time will tell. :cry: My thoughts are with you Masako. :heart:

Originally posted by papillon+Jun 22nd, 2004 - 1:30 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (papillon @ Jun 22nd, 2004 - 1:30 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Elspeth@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 12:06 am
I'm just afraid that if they don't get a reality check in a hurry, they'll be dealing with a suicide attempt.
I hope you are wrong, but fear there is reason to be concerned. P. Masako is an extraordinarily intelligent, talented woman. She is certainly smart enough to know she is not realizing her full potential in the present circumstances and the prospects for change are dim. Who WOULDN'T be depressed? And the ridiculousness of putting a 40-year-old woman under immense pressure to produce a son is, in and of itself, insanity producing. I wish the powers that be would just let her be herself. She could be such an asset for the royal family, but instead they are holding her down. [/b][/quote]
Terrificly said.

Originally posted by Akilah@Jun 30th, 2004 - 2:39 pm
I hope you are wrong, but fear there is reason to be concerned. P. Masako is an extraordinarily intelligent, talented woman. She is certainly smart enough to know she is not realizing her full potential in the present circumstances and the prospects for change are dim. Who WOULDN'T be depressed? And the ridiculousness of putting a 40-year-old woman under immense pressure to produce a son is, in and of itself, insanity producing. I wish the powers that be would just let her be herself. She could be such an asset for the royal family, but instead they are holding her down.

Terrificly said.
[/quote]
Thanks. ;)

I like Princess Masako. I think it's terrible that she's under so much pressure over something that isn't under her control. It's seems almost like the Imperial Authority does not acknowledge that she's a human being, not some machine.

For goodness sake, what would they do if she did have more children and they were all girls? I know I'd be miserable too in a system that was so rigid and unyielding.

It's ridiculous the pressure they are placing on her. Besides that, it is the man's sperm that decides the gender!

Naruhito gets my award for "Best husband". During the pressconferention you could see he is devoted to his wife and really loves her and that he is very concerned about her.

I am totally impressed with him! He looks totally realxed and happy playing with the orchestra and the other gentlemen..I wonder if little Aiko will like music as much as her father....:)

My sentiments exactly. :flower:

Originally posted by royal_sophietje@Jul 4th, 2004 - 10:28 am
Naruhito gets my award for "Best husband". During the pressconferention you could see he is devoted to his wife and really loves her and that he is very concerned about her.
totally true...

he has behaved so correctly with his wife! masako must be proud of him.

Yes, he seems like a great husband..To stand by his wife the way he did.. Here is to hoping that everything will be much better for them soon.. No pressures...

It is so lame that Aiko can not be the throne. seriously, What`s so big deal about being men? they do not bear children, they do not feel as much as us, they do lot more aweful things(rape, violence, philandering...more male, less female in those sectors)...Japan as a whole is just too damn conservative, in terms of male-dominant society. Wake up, smell the coffee! how can one of the wolrd`s stongerst economy laying under the system which punishes such an outstanding woman like Masako? She is real, she has a class, she has a good heart(I think people sense that), she is worldly, and she is brainy. What more can they expect? If anything, she has got a lot to teach to the fellow countymen. Good that Aiko was born. I think some undeniable forces are telling us that it is Aiko`s destiny to rescue the nation from not being able to catch up with the rest of the world!

I recently met an Japanese man( no overseras education) on the plane. The guy was about 40. I asked what he thought about Msako. He said, "well, she cannot bear another children, Aiko is not a boy, she is 40 already-very old lady. maybe CP naruhito should have married a younger girl who is not so eager to leave the homeland as much as possible, since she is the CP of Japan? Wish she learns to appreciate what her country offeres her..." and this guy was about the same age as Masako! :angry:

No wonder why so many good Japanese girls aboard :(

After reading all of the posts I feel so sad. :cry: Poor CP Masako. I couldn’t even imagine what it would be like with someone telling you, ‘you can’t do that’ or ‘you must do this’ all the time. And there’s nothing she can do about it either. She must feel so trapped and alone. Is there any way she can leave or escape?

You think about all the other royal families and how they are allowed to go overseas and go on holidays together but they [Masako and Naruhito] can’t do any of that. It’s just so sad. :cry:

D :flower:

CP Masako: Depression

I just read an asian newspaper article saying that some members of the royal court wants Crown Pricness Masako be separated from CP Naruhito because she's not able to produce a male heir. Also...according to the article...if CP Masako cannot recover from her depression in 5-10 years..she's not suitable to be the future Empress of Japan, so they think that the CP couple should divorce now..

But I believe that CP Naruhito would not divorce with CP Masako..or else he wouldn't get into a public arguement with the royal court not so long ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom