Crown Prince Naruhito & Crown Princess Masako: Current Events Part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like most little girls like handbags, and Aiko is no exception. SUch a beautiful child. I love seeing new pictures of the family together. Thanks so much.:flowers:

Dear and dear namiey, Thanks swonderful photos & videos, who speak more loudly and more fluently, than mine...! For Togu Family with much blessing!

They enjoyed watching Japanese sumo wrestling
23 september 2007
... ... ...
She loves watching sumo wrestling very mach.
She went to kokugikan to watch sumo wrestling for the second time:lol:.

I love Masako's hair style,... lovely:wub:
They looked very happy and really enjoyed the moment. Nice to know that Aiko, The Princess of Japan, loves watching sumo which is Japanese traditional wrestling.

I love Masako's hair style,... lovely:wub:
They looked very happy and really enjoyed the moment. Nice to know that Aiko, The Princess of Japan, loves watching sumo which is Japanese traditional wrestling.

"I will protect you my entire life" is really wonderful, the word of Naruhito to Masako, Crown Princess! mysunshine:bang:

Prince Naruhito and Princess Masako attending the opening ceremony of a cultural festival in Tokushima Prefecture on Oct. 27, 2007

Photos from JIJI press

Photos from Mainichi news

Videos
ANN news
TBS news
FNN news
NNN news

Last edited:
It's so wonderful to see CP Masako looking relax and happy. She's really on the road to recovery. Let's hope soon, they'll be able to represent their country on an foreign trip.

They really have a beautiful marriage - to have withstand all the intrusion, pressure and her illness... I really take my hat off to them.

Glad to see them perform royal duties together again. I love Masako's long black hair. Makes her look wonderful. Wish them all the best...

Further help, please?

Mandy, I went to each of the pages, but they are all in Japanese.

I don't know where to click exactly, to see the videos you want to link us to, sorry.

Can you please help me out, here?

Thank you,

-- Abbie

It is truly wonderful that Crown Princess Masako is allowed to participate in official engagements alongside her husband. :flowers:

Hi Abbie, those video links expires very soon like within a day or two after it's released, so the next time when you would like to see those videos you'll need to see it within that time period.
Meanwhile you can watch the newest video of the imperial family below. Enjoy!!!!

Photo from JIJI press

Video links from
NNN news
TBS news
FNN news

Hi Abbie, those video links expires very soon like within a day or two after it's released, so the next time when you would like to see those videos you'll need to see it within that time period.
Meanwhile you can watch the newest video of the imperial family below. Enjoy!!!!

Photo from JIJI press

Video links from
NNN news
TBS news
FNN news

Heya!

The videos I saw in YT don't expire.
I have THEM saved to my favourites over there.
They are still up, Mandyy.

I will check out these other Videos.
Thanks!

-- Abbie

And also, another reply ...

Photo from JIJI press

Video links from
NNN news
TBS news
FNN news

Mandyy,

I TRIED to view these other videos, that are in Yahoo-Japan.

My problem is this: There is a lot of Japanese on the Site. I don't speak or read the language. I am sure the videos are still up on the Site, but I have NO IDEA what Japanese part of the Site to click on, to see them!

I just see a lot of Japanese and NO designation of where to click to see Videos, Mandyy.
I hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

-- Abbie

Hi Abbie, those videos are already taken out from the website.
I posted them on Nov. 8th so I guess you'll have to watch them on the 9th, the latest. After that they continue to upload other news video as the day progresses so I guess they are all gone when u viewed them on the 13th.

If Crown Princess Masako did have some medical treatment in Netherlands, only IHA would know about it. Of course, IHA is unlikely to comment on this controversial subject.

Last edited:
I understand ...

If Crown Princess Masako did have some medical treatment in Netherlands, only IHA would know about it. Of course, IHA is unlikely to comment on this controversial subject.

Yes, I understand that IT / The IHA won't be forthcoming.

I was just asking IF anyone here saw anything, about her receiving treatment abroad, from a reputable Journalist or something ... I wasn't expecting the IHA to rise to the occasion and proffer an explanation as to why Masako might have left Japan for a time, such is the STIGMATA that still comes with being "mentally ill" anywhere, but especially in Japanese High Society.

Last edited:
Right you are pointing out the stigmata attached to issues related individual mental state. Even the reputable sources will avoid discussing this awkward situation, especially if it involves Crown Princely couple.

Last edited:
Yes, I understand that IT / The IHA won't be forthcoming.

I was just asking IF anyone here saw anything, about her receiving treatment abroad, from a reputable Journalist or something ... I wasn't expecting the IHA to rise to the occasion and proffer an explanation as to why Masako might have left Japan for a time, such is the STIGMATA that still comes with being "mentally ill" anywhere, but especially in Japanese High Society.

Masako didn't go to The Netherlands for treatment, her parents live there. She spent time being a tourist, she visited her parents, spent time with her sister and brother-in-law who live in Switzerland and came to The Netherlands. Masako and family went to wildlife park, museums and also spent time with the Dutch royals. A dinner with was organised with Maxima and Willem-Alexander and the Belgian royals Philippe and Mathilde. ( Naruhito and Masako are probably closed to the Belgian royals, they attended their wedding, also World cup ( soccer games) in Japan together, and visted an aquarium together in Japan.
Queen Beatrix invited the Japanese CP couple, a way I suppose for them to have a 'normal' holiday, she gave them her private home to stay in. A small villa in the middle of a lake.

There is an enormous stigma in Japan about mental illness, not just Japanese high society but regular people too. Depression or any kind of mental illness is not discussed, so it's not surprising that Masako's condition isn't discussed. Japan is the only country in the world to have the phenomenen of the "hikkokomori' these are young people who lock themselves away in their rooms and refuse to have any contact with family or leave their rooms. Some can stay isolated for up to 20 years! Social workers who try and find these young people and work with them believe there are something like a million hikkokomori in Japan. That's a million young people, basically withdrawn from the world and their parents leave food outside their rooms for them and don't try to get any treatment or keep the fact that they have a child with what's a mental illness a secret, due to the stigma and shame of mental illness. So really it's no surprise that Masako's illness isn't reported as such.
Although I am surprised by the information that the IHA press office has given out, that she's on medication and receiving counselling. That's incredibly open of them by Japanese standards.

I have recently read a book about the dutch crown prince, and it says that he and Naruhito are great friends, and, moreover, have a special interest in the water issue in common. (You understand: they are concerned that all people in the whole world have enough water and the water be clean and healthy etc.)

And besides I suppose that the atmosphere in the Netherlands must be especially relaxing for Naruhito and Masako. In Willem-Alexander´s generation there were only sons, and it was not a problem, and now his children are only daughters, and there still is no problem... What a wonderful life this could be....:angel:

Time to close this thread! Thanks to everyone who posted! See you in the next thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom