Crown Prince Naruhito & Crown Princess Masako: Current Events Part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely picture! They look great and happy, especially Crown Princess Masako. I like her outfit.

Crown Prince Naruhito, left, and Crown Princess Masako wave at well-wishers upon their arrival at Matsumoto Station in Nagano prefecture, or state, central Japan, Friday, June 1, 2007. Naruhito was originally to travel to Nagano by himself but the Imperial Palace Household Agency announced earlier in the week that Masako, who is still recuperating from a form of depression, would join him to attend Saturday's meeting on protection of the nation's greenery. Masako withdrew from virtually all public duties four years ago after being diagnosed. :clap:

Yahoo! News Photo

Princess Masako

Thank you for the wonderful pictures! I especially love the latter. Crown Princess Masako looks gorgeous there... :wub:

Royal couple visit Nagano
Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako arrived Friday in Nagano Prefecture with the princess performing her first official duty outside the capital in seven months.
The couple plan to attend a national greenery ceremony to be held Saturday in Azumino in the prefecture................
Royal couple visit Nagano

Video news of their arrival in Nagano Prefecture on June 1, 2007.

FNN news
ANN news
TBS news

Last edited:
I wonder if they were to just say 'we're going to the beach' (or wherever), would they be physically restrained by the IHA? What's stopping the RF from just not going along with it?

Accompanied Crown Prince Naruhito (C), Japanese Crown Princess Masako (R) chats with a guest (L) during a tree-planting ceremony in Azumino, 250km northwest of Tokyo, 02 June 2007. Masako, who is on a long-term medical treatment, attended the ceremonial event for the first time in three years and seven months.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

It's really wonderful to see the CP slowly returning to public duties. I cannot imagine what it must hve been like for her to be held like a virture prisoner simply because she had difficulties having a child and when the person is such a capable, intelligent and modern woman like CP Maskao it must be been a living nightmare. Kudos to her and her strength and courage to fight the illness and live on.

She looks very lovey in her white outfit!

Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako visit a Nagano Children's Hospital in Nagano central Japan Saturday June 2, 2007.

Yahoo! News Photo

Crown Princess Masako plants a tree during the 18th National Greenery Ceremony held in Azumino, Nagano prefecture (state), central Japan, Saturday, June 2, 2007

Yahoo! News Photo

Masako's hair is longer -- I think it suits her quite well.
I think she is better now, primarily because she has had the full support of her husband during this time -- it must mean a lot, given her environment.

Glad to see Masako. She's wonderful. With longer hair, she looks young and fresh.

Princess Masako is just an elegant lady for the Imperial Family. From her smile, the way she's waving, and communicating with the people around her. I think she is a lovely Princess and one day hopefully she will be a great Empress.

It's good to see her out and about. I think longer her suits her well.

About the fact of Crown Princess Masako looked more relaxed.

Any of you guys read Masako:prisoner of the chrysanthemum throne? I had forgotten that she is a Harvard MBA with a background in diplomacy. What a loss for the JIF as well as Japan in the world scene.

Crown Prince Naruhito undergoes surgery to remove benign polyp
Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito underwent endoscopic surgery Wednesday at a Tokyo hospital to remove a benign duodenal polyp, and returned to his room there after about two hours.........
3RD LD: Crown Prince Naruhito undergoes surgery to remove benign polyp

Pic of Princess Masako entering the hospital at around 9am to visit her husband on June 6, 2007. She stayed in the hospital throughout the time when Prince Naruhito had the surgery.

JIJI press pic

University of Tokyo Hospital doctor Hirokazu Nagawa speaks during a news conference after Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito underwent surgery to remove a benign intestinal polyp at the hospital in Tokyo June 6, 2007. (AP photos via Yahoo)

Last edited:
I saw the pic above where Princess Masako is shown while her husband surgery...Poor thing! Did you see her face? She is smiling, but her eyes are really sad. I wonder how Princess Aiko is...

Vanesa.

:wub: HAPPY WEDDING ANNIVERSARY to THE CROWN PRINCE COUPLE!!!!!:wub:
June 9, 2007.
Today Princess Aiko visited her "papa" at the Tokyo University Hospital for the 1st time along with her mom Princess Masako. They arrived at around 11.50am.

a link to a photo of Aiko and Masako in the car today.

Videos
ANN news
TBS news

Japanese royalty at Tokyo hospital
....They arrived to the hospital by car and Princess Aiko, who wore a navy blue one-piece dress and white cardigan, entered the hospital holding the hand of Crown Princess Masako, 43.....
Japanese royalty at Tokyo hospital

Last edited:
The Crown Princely couple look great! It's especially wonderful how much happier the Crown Princess has been looking recently.

I know it's too late but Happy Wedding Anniversary to HIH Crwn Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako of Japan.
I hope The Crown Prince will get better soon.

She does look so much more relaxed lately.

Crownprince Naruhito looks wonderful after the surgery. Of course, polyp surgery is nothing major, but a surgery is always a surgery with all its risk...So, I must say I'm relieved that thinks are finally all right :coffee:

Vanesa.

Both the Crown Prince and Princess are looking well and relaxed.
I wonder who gave the Crown Prince the flowers? Maybe it was was the Crown Princess or Princess Aiko?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom