Crown Prince Naruhito & Crown Princess Masako: Current Events Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that there is no reason to make this into "Masako vs. Kiko" and to make one seem better than the other. I just think that with her background and education that Masako should be permitted a little more freedom and a chance to show her abilities for the enhancement of Japan. Maybe a role like that of Rania of Jordan who has really come onto the world stage as an advocate and activist for so many worthy causes. Again, not saying that Kiko is a "lesser" star in any way.:)

Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito plays the viola at a regular orchestra concert by the alumni of Gakushuin University in Tokyo, 03 December 2006. Crown Prince Naruhito with orchestra members, conducted by Kazuo Fukuda, performed orchestra arranged screen music at the concert.

Princess Masako also attended the concert.

Photos from Profimedia

Article from HELLO
Crown Prince Naruhito proved he has many strings to his bow as he took part in an orchestral concert on Monday. An accomplished musician, the Japanese royal was taking part in a musical performance by the alumni of his former university....
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/12/04/prince-naruhito/

Last edited:
rchat said:
Oh this is wonderful that she's already performing a royal duty. She looks so much better too. I think that vacation did her a lot of good.
I think Japan is really lucky in having both Masako and Kiko in the royal family. They have the best of both worlds... Masako who represents the modern type of women and Kiko who represents the traditional type of role for women. So in a way it's a (balanced) representation of Japan's whole society.

I think the traditional label is quite unfair to Kiko. Princess Kiko has a PHD in psychology, and she finished her schooling after she married the Princess, this is something most Japanese women don't do. They don't go back to school after they are married. So Princess Kiko seems fairly modern to me.

I also remember reading somewhere that Princess Masako is actually more conservative than people give her credit for being. We don't know this label, and I think the traditional/modern thing is to make people root for one side over the other...... Younger women root for Masako she's modern like you etc... Older woman root for Kiko she's more traditional like you..

wlee said:
Imperial Household Agency protests against weekly magazine article

Kyodo via Yahoo! Asia News - Nov 13 5:46 AM

_ The Imperial Household Agency lodged a protest against the editorial department of a weekly magazine Monday for publishing an article that said Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako considered abdication from the imperial household registry.

There would be a lot more freedom for the CP couple. However I dont think the IHA would let the CP coulpe leave with Aiko-sama just like that even though they dont think that highly of the litle princess and her parents.

I'm reading Ben Hills' book about Princess Masako, and I must say, the more I read, the more I loathe the IHA. These people are just awful.

I pity poor Prince Hisahito- it will be a miracle if this boy ever finds a woman actually willing to marry him, what with the requirements of the IHA and the knowledge that marrying into the Imperial Family can be destructive to a woman's physical & mental health. Two generations of the Japanese people have now watched two women be severely damaged by marriage to the Crown Prince (Empress Michiko & now Crown Princess Masako)- mainly at the hands of the IHA [though in Michiko's case she also had to deal with the mother-in-law from hell, Empress Nagako] I can only hope that after seeing what these two women have had to endure people will steer their daughters clear of any entanglements with the Imperial Family. :mad:

Prince Naruhito and Princess Masako leaving Togu Palace to greet the Emperor and Empress at the Imperial Palace on New Years day.

Photo from JIJI press

Beautiful photo of Masako with her tiara

Masako recive a new tiara?

Btw. She looks beautiful:)

i agree with magnik

CP Masako looks more beautiful on their tiara its second tiara?

Masako looks lovely in the new tiara. I hope that 2007 will bring her closer to a full recovery.

I hope Masako will get better and fully recovered. I love this crown princely family so much. Happy New Year...

The Crown Princess looked really elegant and regal in the new tiara. It's nice the family gives out new tiara for her, and hopefully the new year 2007 will put off pressure and the Crown Princess can be able to gain more confidence in public.

The Crown Princess was very elegant and beatiful. I´m glad of seeing her again. Happy New Year to everyone.

I really like this tiara she looks wonderful

hope to see her often this yes

best wishes for everyone:flowers:

mandyy said:
Prince Naruhito and Princess Masako leaving Togu Palace to greet the Emperor and Empress at the Imperial Palace on New Years day.

Photo from JIJI press

Beautiful photo of Masako with her tiara

When I click that link, no picture comes up. Is there anywhere else where I can view it?

Sister Morphine said:
When I click that link, no picture comes up. Is there anywhere else where I can view it?

Here is another link to the same photo

Prince Naruhito celebrates his 47th birthday on Feb. 23, 2007.

Japan's crown prince says hasn't read book on wife
Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito said he hasn't read an Australian book about the plight of his wife, Crown Princess Masako, that sparked government protests for what Tokyo says are factual errors and insults to the royal family....
But Naruhito told a news conference that while Masako was slowly improving, a full recovery from the mental illness that has kept her from most official duties for more than three years would take more time.....
Japan's crown prince says hasn't read book on wife - Yahoo! News

Birthday photos released by Kunaicho on the occasion of his 47th birthday.
Beautiful family photos taken on Feb. 12, 2007.

More photos from Reuters and Ap via Yahoo
Larger photos from Polfoto

Aiko looks very cute!!!! :)

Last edited:
very cute pictures!! Aiko's hair looks so pretty, I think. She is such a big girl now, so cute.

Princess Aiko will be a too beatiful young lady. The man who marries her will be very lucky.

Vanesa.

Yes....Princess Aiko is very cute, its hard not to see that she is her father's little girl......She the practically a carbon copy of the Crown Prince, but of course she has the Crown Princess's elegance!!!:wub:

From this report on the Crown Prince's Birthday interview, there are some interesting things that are being said, including the controvercy on the book about the Crown Princess and The Emperor's wish to see his Grandaughter, Princess Aiko, more often.

Crown Prince calls confidence key | The Japan Times Online

Thanks everyone for posting. We'll see you in the next thread here.

Happy posting!

Mandy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom