Crown Prince Naruhito & Crown Princess Masako: Current Events

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there other websites about the Royal Family (esp. the Crown Prince and Crown Princess) aside from the website of the IHA?

If ever there are, pls do post it.

from newscom :
TOKYO, Japan - Crown Prince Naruhito, Princess Masako and their daughter Princess Aiko arrive at the Hanzomon Gate to the Imperial Palace to attend a dinner with other members of the royal family on Dec. 16.

Attachments

• kyodowc024756.jpg
    kyodowc024756.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 427
Prince Naruhito and Princess Masako arrived at the residence of the former Princess Takamatsu on Dec. 18, 2005 to attend a memorial service of Princess Takamatsu who passed away one year ago.

#1: JIJI press

Attachments

• 20051218-04155773-jijp-soci-view-001.jpg
    20051218-04155773-jijp-soci-view-001.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
Crown prince, crown princess may visit Mexico for World Water Forum
TOKYO, Dec. 25 KYODO
Crown Prince Naruhito may visit Mexico together with Crown Princess Masako next March to attend the 4th World Water Forum, sources close to the matter said Saturday.
The government is sounding out the trip, which if materialized would mark the first overseas trip for the crown princess in four years.
The royal couple last went abroad in 2002, in a visit to New Zealand and Australia..............
http://home.kyodo.co.jp/modules/fstStory/index.php?storyid=221164

Crown Princess Masako waves as she enters the Imperial Palace in Tokyo on Dec. 26 with Crown Prince Naruhito to attend a luncheon hosted by Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko.

#1: Newscom

Attachments

• kyodowc024923.jpg
    kyodowc024923.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 369
mandyy said:
Crown prince, crown princess may visit Mexico for World Water Forum
TOKYO, Dec. 25 KYODO
Crown Prince Naruhito may visit Mexico together with Crown Princess Masako next March to attend the 4th World Water Forum, sources close to the matter said Saturday.
The government is sounding out the trip, which if materialized would mark the first overseas trip for the crown princess in four years.
The royal couple last went abroad in 2002, in a visit to New Zealand and Australia..............
http://home.kyodo.co.jp/modules/fstStory/index.php?storyid=221164

Great news! Somewhere I read that CPMasako wanted to travel more and felt constrained by the Imperial Household -- this is great. I am just surprised they aren't going to a European Country since many of the CP's have visited them in Japan - especially last year with the World Expo there.

I'm hoping this will signal to the "powers that be" that Masako's desire to have a more open, less constricted life is a positive development for the Japanese royal family, and that further trips, such as to Europe or even (dare I say it?) the United States, may be in planning for the future.I realize this Mexican trip may be more of a professional event for Naruhito given his interest in the subject of water, but even if it's technically more of a business trip I'm glad Masako will be along.:)

I hadn't thought of that -- that he would play the leading role because of his environmental intersests, giving her a chance to travel but not be in the spotlight as much. I hope this goes off as planned and is successful!

Royal ruckus sours family in a fishbowl
SHE is the luckiest and most cursed child in Japan — a royal heir, but destined by having been born a girl to be second-best. Although not yet in kindergarten, Princess Aiko personifies a dynastic crisis.
Aside from the constitutional heartache she is causing for Japan, her future ascent to the position of the 127th monarch has exposed a royal rift and caused a debate that will reverberate beyond the reign of her grandfather and her father.
Neither the intelligence and samurai heritage of her mother, Princess Masako, 42, nor the love of her father, Crown Prince Naruhito, 46 next month, can prepare Princess Aiko for what is ahead.
"Whatever position the future holds for her, my primary wish is for her to be soundly raised as an individual," Prince Naruhito said last year. "I would like to see her grow, loving others and being loved by others."..........................
http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/royal-ruckus-sours-family-in-a-fishbowl/2006/01/13/1137118970439.html

From Kyodo news

According to a regular press conference held on Jan. 26 by Imperial Household Agency employee assigned to the household of the Crown Prince, Princess Aiko skated with her parents for the first time this week. They skated at a ice skating facility at Meiji Shrine's outer garden. At first Princess Aiko skated with her parents, then later she was instructed herself by a instructor. From now on, the three will probably have more opportunities to skate together.

In consderation of the people affected by the snow in Japan lately, the Crown Prince's family's winter vacation in Nagano will be cancelled.

On Jan. 26, 2006, Prince Naruhito and Princess Masako met with the newly appointed ambassadors of Switzerland, Liechtenstein, and Croatia at Togu Palace.

Prince Naruhito and Princess Masako was lectured by an International Intelligence Official from the Department of Foreign Affairs at Togu Palace on Feb. 1, 2006.

From Kunaicho website

mandyy said:
Prince Naruhito and Princess Masako was lectured by an International Intelligence Official from the Department of Foreign Affairs at Togu Palace on Feb. 1, 2006.

From Kunaicho website

huh?? what does this actually meant?

"Lectured by" ?? for what? :confused: :confused: :confused:
can you please provide a link for a whole article/news?

I just translate what was posted on the Kunaicho website
平成18年2月1日(水)

皇太子同妃両殿下 ご進講(外務省国際情報統括官)(東宮御所)

with the news of Pss Kiko expecting her 3rd child, i can't help but feel sad for CP Masako. Although on one hand shld Pss Kiko have a boy, the pressure is off CP Masako but there will be other stigma that she'll hve to battle, such as not being able to fuilful her duty to produce a male heir, her depression, divorce rumours etc... I'm sure the IHA will not let up on her. But i'm sure her greatest source of comfort and strength will be her husband and daughter.

News report from Kyodo news
During the regularily press conference by the grand master of the Crown Prince's Household. He mentioned that the Crown Prince couple are overjoyed by the news of Princess Kiko's pregnancy.
He also mentioned that Princess Aiko is carefully watering the vegetables that she grew on the field in the Togu Palace. After, the Crown Prince Family eats the crop harvested.

Crown Prince Naruhito (R) and his wife Crown Princess Masako watch plum and other miniture potted plants, called bonsai trees, at a bonsai exhibition at the Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum 16 February 2006. This was their first joint appearance since July last year when the royal couple attended some events at the World Exposition in Aichi, central Japan.

from getty

Attachments

• 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 339
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 393
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 320
from AP & reuters via yahoo

Attachments

• r2254060195.jpg
    r2254060195.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 432
  • r3894969227.jpg
    r3894969227.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 465
  • r1775904534.jpg
    r1775904534.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 486
  • r1373532174.jpg
    r1373532174.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 479
  • capt.xjk10402160950.japan_crown_princess_xjk104.jpg
    capt.xjk10402160950.japan_crown_princess_xjk104.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 414
  • capt.xjk10302160951.japan_crown_princess_xjk103.jpg
    capt.xjk10302160951.japan_crown_princess_xjk103.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 548
thank you for the pictures! It's beautifull to see Masako smiling!!!!

masako looks so lovely. t's great to see her smiling. in some way and although i find it terrible what happened with the pregnancy of kiko, i think masako kind of liked it actually. after all and as some people say, if she gives birth to a boy masako will be relieved, although she won't be the empress of japan. anyway, after all she had to go through i don't think she wants that anymore.

i really hope we see her more often. she is such a brave and commited woman. a true example for every other royal.

Crown Princess Masako makes public appearance

TOKYO: Japan’s Crown Princess Masako, who has long suffered from stress, made a rare appearance Thursday to see bonsai trees, with public attention suddenly shifted to her pregnant sister-in-law.
The former career woman, wearing a pinstriped business suit, looked at bonsai plum trees and other miniature potted plants at the Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum, accompanied by her husband Crown Prince Naruhito.
It was their first joint appearance since July last year when the royal couple attended the World Exposition, a six-month technology showcase in central Aichi prefecture.

http://www.manilatimes.net/national/2006/feb/17/yehey/opinion/20060217opi6.html

carlota said:
masako looks so lovely. t's great to see her smiling. in some way and although i find it terrible what happened with the pregnancy of kiko, i think masako kind of liked it actually. after all and as some people say, if she gives birth to a boy masako will be relieved, although she won't be the empress of japan. anyway, after all she had to go through i don't think she wants that anymore.

What you mean, she won't be Empress of Japan? Of course she will. If Princess Kiko gives birth to a son, the boy will be in the line of succession after Crown Prince Naruhito, who will one day succeed his father, Emperor Akihito and become an Emperor, meaning that Crown Princess Masako will be Empress. It's Princess Aiko, that might not be an Empress in future, if Princess Kiko gives birth to a son and/or the succession laws are not changed.

Yes, Carlota, I feel the same way -- Masako did look genuinely happy in a couple of the pictures and it did cross my mind that just perhaps Kiko's pregnancy has lifted some burden from her shoulders. And since I happen to believe it has been determined by "manipulation" that Kiko is having a boy, this means Masako must be relieved that Aiko will be spared the Empress job, freeing her up just a bit to have a more normal life. In my dreams, Masako would still have a baby boy -- but more than that, I want her to be healthy.

Or, Masako is genuinely happy and the IHA just want it to appear as if Masako is relieved that Kiko is pregnant.

More photos
Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito and his wife Crown Princess Masako look at plum and other miniature potted plants, also known as bonsai trees, at a bonsai exhibition at the Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum February 16, 2006. This was their first joint appearance since July last year when the royal couple attended some events at the World Exposition in Aichi, central Japan.

(Video links expires soon)
#1: ANN news video- http://meta.cdn.yahoo-streaming.jp/cgi-bin/yahoo/news.asx?cid=20060216-00000028-ann-soci-movie-001&media=wm300k
#2: FNN news video- http://meta.cdn.yahoo-streaming.jp/cgi-bin/yahoo/news.asx?cid=20060216-00000309-fnn-soci-movie-001&media=wm300k
#3: NHK news
#4: JIJI press
#5: Mainichi news
#6-8: ANP
TBS news video- http://meta.cdn.yahoo-streaming.jp/cgi-bin/yahoo/news.asx?cid=20060216-00000041-jnn-soci-movie-001&media=wm300k
NNN news video- http://meta.cdn.yahoo-streaming.jp/cgi-bin/yahoo/news.asx?cid=20060216-00000057-nnn-soci-movie-000&media=wm300k

Attachments

• 20060216-00000028-ann-soci-thumb-000.jpg
    20060216-00000028-ann-soci-thumb-000.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 257
  • 20060216-00000309-fnn-soci-thumb-000.jpg
    20060216-00000309-fnn-soci-thumb-000.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 240
  • 20060216000180002.jpg
    20060216000180002.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 248
  • 20060216-04259345-jijp-soci-view-001.jpg
    20060216-04259345-jijp-soci-view-001.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 270
  • 20060217-00000007-maip-soci-view-000.jpg
    20060217-00000007-maip-soci-view-000.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 320
  • 2397595.jpg
    2397595.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 316
  • 2397596.jpg
    2397596.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 205
  • 2397597.jpg
    2397597.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
Emily said:
Is Naruhito just as busy? And does Masako do more than the press reports or is she generally at home more? Also, just an opinion question -- how did you think she looked in the recent photos viewing the Bonsai with Naruhito? I thought she looked genuinely happy but am curious to hear from you since you follow them more closely than I.

Naruhito is just as busy as Akishino. Sometimes the press doesn't report on Princess Masako doing official duties inside Togu Palace with Prince Naruhito. I only knew she performed duties after looking at their schedules.
From her recent outing, she looked a bit nervous at first from the video, but later showed that she was quite happy with Naruhito at the end of the video.
Cameras mostly captured her smile from the photos as you can see from the video.
The news also said that Princess Masako went to Gakushuin Kindergarten herself to get some info in preparation for Princess Aiko's schooling.

It's wonderful to see her out, and she does appear very happy. And he does too.

Mandy said:
Or, Masako is genuinely happy and the IHA just want it to appear as if Masako is relieved that Kiko is pregnant.

Yes.....manipulators that they are.

Great to see Masako looking so beautiful and happy! I really hope she can go out more. Masako and Naruhito look soooo good and happy together. :) I really like this couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom