Crown Prince Naruhito & Crown Princess Masako current events 5: Dec. 2008- Dec. 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crown Princely couple definitely looked relaxed and satisfied with their lives.

The dog could not be a more adorable prop. I am totally drawn in by those pictures. :)

that dog is precious! he looks adorable. i'm glad they got a new puppy after the death of their beloved older dog. it's nice to see a royal family who cares so much about their puppies!

I wonder if their dogs' names (Pippi, Mari and Yuri) have a significance; it's odd they aren't Japanese names, don't you think?

And I wonder how a stray dog gets loose in the grounds of the palace (that was Pippi and Mari's mother)?

But the family looks like they love their dogs, especially the little princess.

I dont know about Pippi but Mari and Yuri are japanese names, expect we actually pronounce them "mali and yuli".

Thank you, seiko! I didn't know that. I thought maybe Pippi from the Pippi Longstocking stories, Yuri sounded Russian...

They are very cute. I see a Shiba Inu frequently on my bus route (I asked the owner what the little dog was-- small but a good guard dog!).

Shiba inu, awwww. They are lovely dogs, good temperment.

Thanks a lot to everyone for posting !! I didn't know either about japanese names or dogs...

emma93,
Thanks for video!:flowers: The Crown Princely couple looked happy. Crown Princess Masako seems to be at ease undertaking official engagements alongside the Imperial family. I love the way all Japanese ladies (Crown Princess Masako, Empress Michiko, and the wife of Prime Minister) were dressed. Japanese women tend to have an air of simple, understated elegance about them.

Wow there are more????

Goodness is CP Masako sama is trying to catch up with lost time? I cannot tell you the joy I feel in seeing those pics and clips. Most of all, I'm happy in the knowledge that CP Masako's recovery would have a huge, positive impact on her husband and their daughter.

Thank you Emma!

I thought that the Empress looked particularly beautiful in this ensemble. As the Emperor's wife, I suppose that she's allowed to dress a bit more flamboyantly than the other ladies. CP Masako looked great as well, although I thought that her smile looked a bit forced when they were walking as a group. Still, she appears to be making great progress, and it's wonderful to see her so often. I wonder whether she's aware of the concern that people outside of Japan have for her?:flowers:

emma93,
Thanks for video!:flowers: The Crown Princely couple looked happy. Crown Princess Masako seems to be at ease undertaking official engagements alongside the Imperial family. I love the way all Japanese ladies (Crown Princess Masako, Empress Michiko, and the wife of Prime Minister) were dressed. Japanese women tend to have an air of simple, understated elegance about them.

Crown Princess Masako may be aware of the fact that people (e.g., royal watchers) outside Japan are sympathetic to her plight. At the same time, I am hesitant to give any conclusive answers.

She'll hardly give us an interview and tell us, will she?:lol::flowers:

Crown Princess Masako may be aware of the fact that people (e.g., royal watchers) outside Japan are sympathetic to her plight. At the same time, I am hesitant to give any conclusive answers.

And I wonder how a stray dog gets loose in the grounds of the palace (that was Pippi and Mari's mother)?

I have been asking this question myself - it does seem odd. But as I do not speak Japanese, I have to do with what information I get from Western sources, and that was the story. On the other hand, I wonder how the crown prince and the crown princess should ever have been allowed to adopt two crossbreeds if they had not literally been found on their threshold. If the crown couple had uttered the wish to have a dog, out of the blue, I am certain that their minders would have presented to them a wide choice of pedigree dogs...:rolleyes:

And, bye the bye, I do not know either what has become of Pippi. Maybe he/she (do not know) has died, too, in the meantime, as we did not see him with the family and the puppy. I would like to know. Maybe the crown prince will tell us on his next press conference. Or someone else here knows?

Lately Crown Princess Masako seems to get a lot of coverage in the Japanese mass media outlets. I hope this subtle campaign will help to improve her image among hard-core traditionalists.

Yes, I hope so, too. She seems to be doing what people like to see their princesses doing: greeting people, smiling, etc.:flowers:

Lately Crown Princess Masako seems to get a lot of coverage in the Japanese mass media outlets. I hope this subtle campaign will help to improve her image among hard-core traditionalists.

Cute puppy. I'm so glad Princess Masako is doing so well. I'm very happy for her. :)

cp masako is very pretty and i really admire cp naruhito for his love and support to the princess..i wish the officials can be more open and less traditional

cp masako is very pretty and i really admire cp naruhito for his love and support to the princess..i wish the officials can be more open and less traditional

You are right: the CP's devotion for his wife (and his family) really speaks for him. :flowers::flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom