Crown Prince Naruhito & Crown Princess Masako current events 5: Dec. 2008- Dec. 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: It's so good to see CP Masako at the New Year's Banquet! :flowers: That would likely have been a difficult engagement for her, with her in-laws there and the court officials.

Chiara,
It has been kind of you to give us such a detailed report on Crown Princely family's activity. It is nice to know that Crown Princess Masako's condition has been improving.

i hope she laugh always, princess aiko grown up like a young lady

Would anyone know why Aiko is wearing her school uniform for this engagement? Her parents are dressed very formally.

As for Japanese school uniforms, is there a standard pattern or does each school/district/province have subtle differencies?

TLLK, sometimes when a kid or teenager goes to official events with school uniform shows respect. I was watching a japanese documentary, and when there's a funeral, school kids go with their uniform.

Muhler as far as I know, Japan has the school uniforms system (which I actually support because it is equal to all children). Elementary school doesn't have uniforms, however Middle and High have uniforms. Each school have their uniforms, and thus you can identify which school each kid and teen goes to. (It can't be the same school uniform per district you know, each school has it ranks, some are better ranked than others, so each school have their own uniform pattern).

Thanks for the update!
It is great that Crown Princess Masako was able to undertake an official engagement alongside her spouse and daughter.

:previous: Agreed. Very nice to see them doing something official as a family.

:previous:

Another family outing today, July 28:

Crown Prince Naruhito, Crown Princess Masako and Princess Aiko at Ujiyamada station in Ise, Mie on their way to visit Ise Shrine.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

:previous:
Thank You Iceflower, I like Princess Masako very much and understand the type of family that she is married into, what a pressure filled life she has, it is so good to see her out with her daughter and husband doing an event and not locked behind those gray walls. I have followed her for years now, from the time she married and gave up her life...

The Ise Shrine is a major temple in Japan because it is devoted to Amaterasu. It is great that the Crown Princely couple undertook this engagement.

Last edited:
I visited the Ise Grand Shrine in December 2012. The surroundings are very pretty, but you could not see much of the shrine itself. It was still very interesting though. There was a Shinto priest who took some people through the gate to make an offering at one of the auxiliary shrines. They were mainly young couples, either before or after their marriage I assumed. The shrine is rebuilt every 20 years, and work was under way on the new shrine that was completed in 2013. But it was all shrouded and nothing could be seen. It's good to get a bit of a glimpse in the photos of the Imperial visitors.

Crown Prince Naruhito, Crown Princess Masako and Princess Aiko watched a national high school athletic championship women's football match at the Komazawa Stadium in Tokyo yesterday, August 3:

** Pic **

Crown Prince Naruhito, Crown Princess Masako and Princess Aiko arrived at Izukyu Shimoda Station on August 12, 2014, they'll stay at the Suzaki Imperial Villa for a couple of days.

** Pic **

Crown Prince Naruhito, Crown Princess Masako and Princess Aiko visited the special exhibition to celebrate Empress Michiko's 80th birthday at Takashimaya Department Store Nihombashi store in Tokyo on October 26:

** Pic **

I believe this is the first time I've seen Aiko in a suit similar to what her cousins would wear. Typically she'd been in dresses or her uniform.

Imagine if she could go on a shopping trip with Rania's girls or Alexandra of Luxembourg.

Last edited:
I believe this is the first time I've seen Aiko in a suit similar to what her cousins would wear. Typically she'd been in dresses or her uniform.

Imagine if she could go on a shopping trip with Rania's girls or Alexandra of Luxembourg.

First time for me and that soft pink really suited her IMO.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

:previous: Agreed. I like the suit too. I wonder what she wore on her feet? She should be out-growing anklets soon. :flowers:

Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako were pictured on their way to a meeting of the UNESCO World Conference on Education for Sustainable Development in the Aichi prefectural capital Nagoya today, November 9:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

How delightful to see them out together. Her smile goes from ear to ear and her eyes are lite up, it is wonderful to see them. She is such a gracious lady it seems and they look so in love, now to get rid of the IHA and the men in gray suits.

The Imperial Household Agency exists to support the Emperor and the Imperial Family. In most cases it seems to do a pretty good job: the Emperor gets to where he has to go, his dealings with the government are cordial, official visits take place smoothly, the Imperial residences are maintained, the various behind-the-scenes Shinto rituals are performed, and the Empress's silk worms are fed. It is, no doubt, staffed by men and women deeply loyal to the Imperial Family.

There are 18 adult members of the Imperial Family. Of these, one or two seem to have hinted at dissatisfaction with the Imperial Household Agency. But it seems a bit of an over reaction to take this as proof of cabal of manipulative men, scheming away in the background, determined to regulate the Imperial Family’s every move. Who cares about minor details like facts and verifiable evidence? Let’s focus on gossip and rumours instead. Throw in the old cliché of faceless men (in grey suits of course) and we have well and truly passed into the realm of fiction.

If the Crown Princess is coming to terms with the Imperial Household Agency, maybe it's time for those beyond the Imperial Palace walls to try as well.

Crown Prince Naruhito and a lovely looking Crown Princess Masako attended the UNESCO World Conference on Education for Sustainable Development in Nagoya today, November 10:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery Nov.9&10 **

Last edited:
The Imperial Household Agency exists to support the Emperor and the Imperial Family. In most cases it seems to do a pretty good job: the Emperor gets to where he has to go, his dealings with the government are cordial, official visits take place smoothly, the Imperial residences are maintained, the various behind-the-scenes Shinto rituals are performed, and the Empress's silk worms are fed. It is, no doubt, staffed by men and women deeply loyal to the Imperial Family.

There are 18 adult members of the Imperial Family. Of these, one or two seem to have hinted at dissatisfaction with the Imperial Household Agency. But it seems a bit of an over reaction to take this as proof of cabal of manipulative men, scheming away in the background, determined to regulate the Imperial Family’s every move. Who cares about minor details like facts and verifiable evidence? Let’s focus on gossip and rumours instead. Throw in the old cliché of faceless men (in grey suits of course) and we have well and truly passed into the realm of fiction.

If the Crown Princess is coming to terms with the Imperial Household Agency, maybe it's time for those beyond the Imperial Palace walls to try as well.

I guess I hit a nerve didn't I? Why all the spin on how great the IHA? It is known they control this family...and how do you know for sure that PM is coming to terms with the IHA? Do you know this as fact or just guessing like in a fiction? It's a shame that as a royal crown princess she couldn't use her intelligence nor career to help promote the IRF or do some good for Japan when she married the crown prince, instead I think she was told to be quiet and shut up like a good little wife and just produce a boy so the line could continue, that shows the value this IHA/government and men in general of this culture have for the opposite sex...brood mare, that's it.

I have no problem with your opinion yet I do detect you having a problem with mine, and no I won't come to terms with the IHA at all.

She looks so lovely in the pictures. That smile says it all, both of them look very happy and pleased with themselves. I like her suit and I love the hat, now what is next on this calendar....hope to see them out again very soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crown Prince Naruhito and a lovely looking Crown Princess Masako attended the UNESCO World Conference on Education for Sustainable Development in Nagoya today, November 10:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Thanks for the pictures Iceflower - that's made my day!

A short list of a few of the functions performed by the Imperial Household Agency is hardly spin. It’s not as if I claimed the silk worms are also plump, happy and contented. I only said that the Imperial Household Agency does a “pretty good job”, not “how great” it is, so please don’t twist my words, and try and keep the embellishments down a bit.

The Imperial Household Agency is said to have been a major cause of the unhappiness that led to the Crown Princess's seclusion from public life a decade ago. Over the last year or so, the Crown Princess’s public appearances have increased. It has been a very encouraging change for the better, and I am very pleased to see more often at her husband’s side. It all suggests that her health is improving, and that is the most important issue. Therefore it is logical to conclude, on the evidence available, that, yes, the Crown Princess is coming to terms with the Imperial Household Agency (that is she is able to tolerate, accept, work with, or even stand up to the agency). The Imperial Household Agency may also be coming to terms with the Crown Princess. But I most certainly did not claim as fact (or fiction) that the Crown Princess is coming to terms with the Imperial Household Agency. Again, that was just you twisting my words.

The problem I have with your opinions is that they are not based on reliable sources. Yet you tend to present them, in overly emotional language, as if they are fact. The problem you have with my opinions (and yes, you quite clearly do have a problem with them) is that they tend not to fit in with the simplistic story of the wicked grey men breaking the spirit of the beautiful young princess that appeals to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom