Crown Prince Naruhito & Crown Princess Masako current events 5: Dec. 2008- Dec. 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw the magazine article report that people commented wondering how could CP Naruhito and his family took the skating fun when his father's the Emperer was having a heart examination. And I agree with that. The examination went very smooth but he was hospitalized. It was just better if they acted more sensible or responsible to father's examination as well to people's feeling.

Since the skate rink was closed off to public to use by Crown Prince Family on Saturday,
the friends who were invited by CP family also were not so sure if that was excepted things to do and felt uneasy about skating, too.

Also, why does he not visit his father? If the Emperor is not well, he should visit frequently!
Hi Mirabel,
The magazine article reports "the Emperor was wishing to see The CP Naruhito more often and made comment about the issue. There are many important issues to talk about the future of Imperial Family yet the meeting is not occurring perhaps because CP Naruhito dose not want talk about CP Masako's illness. But this kind of behavior or situation add more stresses to the Emperor's heart condition."

I just wish the CP Naruhito can hear and understand the situation of his aging father The Emperor.

Wish for The harmony of Imperial Family more than ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
He may not wish to discuss his wife's illness, but I agree that the Emperor is probably feeling anxious about what will happen when Naruhito succeeds to the throne. Avoiding the problem will not make it go away.

If nothing else, such a discussion would set his father's mind at ease; that surely would help his recovery.

I wonder if Mariko is an Imperial family stuff member or an insider...:whistling:
Over 20 messages critisising the Crown Princely couple with no prooflinks (for example, the skating rink closing hours). The only blurry photo of the Crown Princely family at Ginza - and that's all.
Do we have to fill this thread with the gossips and allegations from other forums more and more? This is current events thread, guys!:)
TRF have a special thread for Critisisms of the Crown Princess and her family.

You know something wasn't sitting right with me as the same thoughts crossed my mind as well. The most recent postings have been very disturbing.

But I agree that we should stay on topic for the subject of this thread.

Over 20 messages critisising the Crown Princely couple with no prooflinks...
I agree there is very heavy repetition of the alleged "deficiencies" of Naruhito and Masako, obvious exaggeration, twisting of facts to arrive at false conclusions, deliberate mis-statement and speculation presented as fact.

For example, the Emperor attended his annual checkup on Saturday, stayed in hospital overnight, was discharged on Sunday and returned to work on Monday. Hardly a health crisis, but from recent posts a quite different impression may be gained.

I fail to see any connection whatsoever between the Crown Princely family ice skating on Saturday morning and the Emperor staying in hospital on Saturday evening. Mariko has superimposed the two events as being concurrent, used the expression "skating fun" to trivialise the family outing, and having successfully confused the issue, concluded with the stern admonition "It was just better if they acted more sensible or responsible." Huh?

On the one hand the Emperor's medical examination "went very smooth" but nonetheless Mariko suggests "this kind of behavior or situation add more stresses to the Emperor's heart condition." The clear implication being that the negligent Naruhito is endangering the Emperor's life by taking Aiko ice-skating. And shopping.

The fact that the Crown Prince plays tennis and goes jogging ("in public" shock horror) does not reflect on anything apart from his apparent liking for outdoor physical activity.

The criticism is verging on the absurd. For example, the temporary closure of the ice skating rink and department store has been mentioned more than once in recent posts, without the obvious rider that such decisions are not the responsibility of the Crown Prince or Crown Princess. Therefore their only options to avoid such inconveniences to the public would be to either never leave home at all for private outings, or only venture out with Princess Aiko for such activities after midnight.

Mariko also employs another manipulative technique with the suggestive but unanswered teaser. How's this: "One can only speculate Princess Aiko's issues. It will be much better situation if CP Naruhito came out and explain her situation rather than hiding it." One can speculate indeed, but it's a long bow to then accuse the Crown Prince of "hiding it" when the existence of "it" is not defined and may be considered as purely malicious speculation in the first place.

I also have reservations when posters claim to be speaking on behalf of "the people", whether they be Japanese, British, American, Australian or whatever.

Lastly, we have had prior experience in these threads of quite deliberate agendas and campaigns of disinformation and criticism directed at the Crown Princess. What is now interesting is the inclusion of the Crown Prince and the attempt to plant seeds of doubt concerning Princess Aiko's unstated "issues" or "situation".

In other words, the ante is being upped, the tactics are becoming more manipulative and dirtier, and even children are fair game. Nasty.

Last edited:
As far as I can see, the only thing "wrong" with Aiko is that she was traumatized by some boys being rough, which--given that she's been a very sheltered girl and possibly on the shy and nervous side--is quite understandable. There's been no indication that she's handicapped or deficient in any way. So to cast slurs at the child in an attempt to denigrate the parents is indeed a low blow. I think that it's possible that CP Masako's attendance at the school with her daughter is as much to help Masako as it is to help Aiko. Whatever CP Masako's illness is, her recovery is slow. The criticism of her as a princess, wife, and mother surely isn't helping her and could even be slowing down her recovery. Who would want to dress up, go out, and be on display in the midst of the people who have such an opinion? If CP Masako does go to the Royal Wedding in London, I have no doubt that she will be a credit to Japan. She knows how to behave in public and by this time knows what she can and cannot handle, and no doubt a doctor will be close at hand if needed.:flowers:

In other words, the ante is being upped, the tactics are becoming more manipulative and dirtier, and even children are fair game. Nasty.

Last edited:
Mariko,
Thanks for the article. Yes, I am able to read the texts in Japanese, Chinese, English, Spanish, Ukrainian, Polish and Russian. I have sent you some PM in this forum to ask you to stop your 'sacred war against the Crown Princess' without any proofs, but I have failed.
I shall ignore you from now.
Regards.

I agree there is very heavy repetition of the alleged "deficiencies" of Naruhito and Masako, obvious exaggeration, twisting of facts to arrive at false conclusions, deliberate mis-statement and speculation presented as fact..

Hello Warren,

It is very sad to say that what I wrote is not mis-statement of Crown Princes family of Japan. And believe or not I am a Japanese. I love my country.

I hope you have a friend who can read Japanese.
There is a magazine called “Syukan Shincho” published weekly and I just found out they do have a subscription of this magazine every week online for people who live outside of Japan.

??????????????????????

And below is the exactly issue talk about Crown Prince family ice skating on Saturday. The day the Emperor went through his heart check up.

???????????? 2011?2?24???55???????[Full?] | MAGASTORE ?????

If you click the button on the right side of the number next to 2011 02 18, white button with black Japanese writing in it with last sign > you can look inside without buying. ( You can buy this issue by clicking the green
button with white writing too. And if you buy it the page start P29 ) The page I would like you to take look at in this sample would be p21. You can click the allow on the bottom of the screen on left to move to next page.

p.1 Cover page with boy playing the flute and the cat sitting on the plum tree
p.2 The snow covered dead tree on the slope of mountain.
p.3 & p.4 the green river the ship floating between the snow covered mountain. Prokofiev Piano concerto No 2 (part 1 of 4)
p.5 & p.6 the sunset on the snow covered wilderness
p.7 The thin blueish green river run between the snow covered trees
p.8 Black and white picture number 55 on right top corner of Tokyo with the clock 2:43, KUMATSU word on the building, faint sight of Tokyo Tower behind.
p.9 & p.10 Black and white picture white number 1958 with 3 construction men working on high place with view of the city way down
p.11 Black and white picture number 55 on right top, the electric car on the street old site of city with bottom picture of city in today time
p.12 Black and white half picture with number 1958 on center of the car crowded street the half of the page is
blank white with S company logo in the center.
p.13 Black and white 2 pictures 55 white number on top and 1974 white number on the bottom picture
p.14 Black and white picture continue from previous page white 1962 number on top right picture. In the center of left half has Japanese writing
p.15 & p.16 the men’s small picture on top center with 2/3 page filled with Japanese writing and woods continue to next page
p.17 Out line of the issue with page number and white bland with the company log of S is presented on the left bottom white area
P.18 & 19 the sumo wrestler’s picture on top 2/5 of the page with Japanese writing.
P.20 left top corner with a little black and white picture. There is a number 50 with some Japanese title in top.
P.21 The picture of the Emperor and Empress on the left corner the right corner is the picture taken in snow day and the Empress is looking out side from the car. Below is the Royal family’s new years picture.
The title says Coronary Arteriosclerosis - “ The Emperor” - the heartache word that he is not saying
p.22 Japanese writing with sub title ‘Do not exercise”
p.23 Japanese writing with sub title in the middle “Durning hospitalization skating”

Japanese people are very quiet yet this time there are change is taking the place and you can see that then on different places.

For example the below website was put up when we found out the CP Masako wanted to attend the wedding of the Prince William. The Title is "About the wedding of United Kingdom Princess William.

‰p‘ƒEƒBƒŠƒAƒ€‰¤Žq‚ÌŒ‹¥Ž®‚ɂ‚¢‚Ä

As you can see so many comment in a short time and it's about the duty of CP Masako and her illness. The website was send to the Imperial Household Agency and people keeps calling and writing about the CP Masako's situation. There will be the birthday press conference by CO Naruhito very soon.

I will try to write more later.

Mariko

The magazine site of this sample reading will only last until the next magazine is out. It is rather short time. Unless you buy the magazine.

Last edited:
The Crown Prince's family official photosession due to the Crown Prince's 51st birthday. Pictures taken February 13, 2011 at Togu palace.
Daylife gallery - Reuters

I do not understand why Princess Masako was not at the meeting of Prince Naruhito and the empresses for the birthday?It is always said she was not well, she is depressive or not? It is also announced that they will attend to the Prince William 's wedding, will she able to be there on April 29th? or will we see the poor prince alone like he was at the wedding of Princess Victoria of Sweden?

Was it announced that Masako would be at William's wedding? I thought the Imperial Household was considering who to send?

I do not understand why Princess Masako was not at the meeting of Prince Naruhito and the empresses for the birthday?It is always said she was not well, she is depressive or not? It is also announced that they will attend to the Prince William 's wedding, will she able to be there on April 29th? or will we see the poor prince alone like he was at the wedding of Princess Victoria of Sweden?

I think because of the lack of information concerning Crown Princess Masako's condition that it is difficult for most people to understand exactly what is going on.

For me, personally, I am worried about the situation and would love to see her fully recovered. However, the worry contributes to a certain amount of frustration because everytime she does manage to carry out an appearance or does a photoshoot (such as the formal photos for CP Naruhito's brithday) she looks quite happy and healthy and I think how good it is that she seems well. But then there is a kind of set back and she cannot go out.

The illness or condition that she is suffering is obviously precarious and the symptoms appear to be that at any moment or on any day she will either be well enough to go out or not. Her being unwell for the meeting with the Emperor and Empress must surely have been a physical sickness that day because she has done this duty numerous times before and will have known beforehand the level of stress that might or might not result from it (and she would prepare herself accordingly?).

At one time, I thought perhaps she might be agoraphobic. But she often goes places for private events, so that can't be it!

I was wondering which members of the British Royal Family attended Masako's wedding to Prince Naruhito?

(She seems quite friendly with Charles, so perhaps that is why she feels she can attend William's wedding?)

Was it announced that Masako would be at William's wedding? I thought the Imperial Household was considering who to send?
No, it was not. It's just Japan media's allegations.:)

Well, I don't think we'll see her there. The media seems to be putting pressure on her not to attend. She'll be criticised whether she goes or not, though, in my opinion.

Well, I don't think we'll see her there. The media seems to be putting pressure on her not to attend. She'll be criticised whether she goes or not, though, in my opinion.

No doubt, she is criticized constantly these days.
Still, it's a mystery as to what illness she really has; it's been said it's adjustment disorder, but that doesn't continue for years and years!

Anyway, if she doesn't go to the royal wedding, who will?
I hope Kiko does, IMO that will be better than having Naruhito go alone.

On February 10th at the scheduled briefing by the secretary of the Imperial Household Agency Shingo Hageta revealed that they are considering to send the Crown Prince Naruhito and the Crown Princess Masako to the wedding of the Princes William. In the beginning the British Royal Family did asked the Emperor and the Empress but since they were already considering an important duty they can not attend the wedding.

【皇室ウイークリー】(171)皇太å*ã”夫妻の英国は「é*†åºã€ã§æ±ºå®šã€€å¤©çš‡é™›ä¸‹ãŒæ¤œæŸ»ã§ã”入院+(1/5ページ) - MSN産経ニュース

By MSN Sankei news

Every week on Friday they have scheduled briefings. So Sankei news online post the news.

On February 26th, the Imperial Household Agency executive said, CP Masako was not able to meet the Emperor in the morning with CP Naruhito for the greeting of his birthday. She was not well. In the evening the Emperor and the Empress visit at CP Naruhito's place to have a birthday dinner and CP Masako did attend the dinner along with her relative who joind.

【皇室ウイークリー】(173)「ご治療に悪影響」記者質問に東宮大夫が“注文” 放駒理事長皇居へ、八百長問題わびる+(1/5ページ) - MSN産経ニュース

Imperial Weekly (173)
By MSN Sankei news

The Crown Prince's family official photosession due to the Crown Prince's 51st birthday. Pictures taken February 13, 2011 at Togu palace.
Daylife gallery - Reuters

I think that the body language of these pictures is not good, as they are sitting far apart. This whole situation is really a mess. Aiko has problems in school; Masako's health is up and down, and she is barely discussed in Naruhito's birthday interview. I feel very sad for the Crown Prince and his family.

Princess Aiko is darling. The Crown Prince and Princess seem to have coordinated their clothes in a more warm, rather than overly royal, style - like parents. To me, all three of them look a little uncomfortable being posed.

MAGASTORE has new SHINCHOU weekly magazine. March 10.

???????????? 2011?3?10??[Full?] | MAGASTORE ?????

The cover with blue boy standing middle of the field and the cat looking out of pink window. You can look at the recent pictures of CP Masako and Princess Aiko coming out of the school.
In the black back ground with the cover of the magazine on the left. You see the number 2011 on first line and second line you can read 3 , 10 [Full ] below right there is a white button with black Japanese writing and > sign. Click that. The sliding bar appear on the bottom of window with allow on both left and right. Including the cover, starting P.6 is the picture of the Princess Aiko and the left is CP Masako with the mouth cover. Next P.7 the top picture - Princess Aiko saying Goodbye and the bottom picture shows the number of SPs surrounding them, all together 9. P.8 follow article. From P.22 - P.25 is the article of CP Naruhito regarding the press conference he held for his birthday. The title says "He is only focusing to his family' Remonstrate to the Crown Princes.
To buy this issues Click the Green button with white Japanese writing on below the sliding bar, right side.

The consideration of attendance for Princes William's wedding

On 7th, Imperial Household Agency said the invitation for the Prince William's wedding was received at the Japanese Embassy in London on March 5th for the Crown Prince and Princess. The invitation will be send to Imperial Household Agency in Japan this week. And the CP office will discuss with them to see if two of them are able to attend this wedding. The last decision will be the end of this month with the Cabinet approval.

What will happen if Naruhito and Masako accept the invitation, the Cabinet approves, and then she cancels at the last minute?

Will the Cabinet take any action? Or will they just have to accept it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom