Crown Prince Naruhito & Crown Princess Masako current events 5: Dec. 2008- Dec. 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crown Princess Masako (R) and Crown Prince Naruhito wave as they enter the Imperial Palace in Tokyo on February 8, 2010. A group of doctors announced her condition has vastly improved on February 5, but she needs more time to reach a level that will allow her to expand the scope of her official duties. Masako has suffered stress-induced illness while struggling to adjust to royal life.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4008/11926389.jpg

It is nice to learn about the progress in treatment of Crown Princess Masako's medical condition. Hopefully she will make a recovery, which will allow her to fully participate in official engagements alongside Crown Prince Naruhito.

Thank you for this information, Kasumi. There could be a genetic predisposition in the family then, although perhaps not in Masako's immediate family. Still, having a fairly close relation commit suicide is itself very stressful, although I don't know whether suicide is considered such a taboo in Japan. It was considered preferable to public embarrassment, wasn't it?

CPss Masako's maternal uncle once removed (her mother's cousin) was a famous Japanese writer and critic Jun Etou (1932-1999).
He had the same mental problems during his lifetime. He had committed suicide in 1999.

Still, having a fairly close relation commit suicide is itself very stressful, although I don't know whether suicide is considered such a taboo in Japan. It was considered preferable to public embarrassment, wasn't it?

Yes, Mermaid1962,
You are absolutely right. Jun Etou's suicide was very stressful for Masako's family. The family members are really close to each other. And the situation itself was low key to avoid public attention.

Crown Princess Masako (R) and Crown Prince Naruhito wave as they enter the Imperial Palace in Tokyo on February 8, 2010. A group of doctors announced her condition has vastly improved on February 5, but she needs more time to reach a level that will allow her to expand the scope of her official duties. Masako has suffered stress-induced illness while struggling to adjust to royal life.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4008/11926389.jpg

Oh I like that picture very much! Thank you!

Has Masako sama put on a little weight? no I dont mean she's overweight, I just hope she enjoys her food as well as other things in her life!
CP looks delighted whenever Masako sama is next to him. It shows that he loves her very much:wub:

Crown Prince Naruhito poses with his wife Crown Princess Masako
and their daughter Princess Aiko at the Togu Palace in Tokyo
January 24, 2010 in this picture released by the Imperial Household
Agency on February 23, 2010. Naruhito celebrates his 50th birthday
on February 23, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Thanks for the information and photos!:flowers:
It is always a pleasure to see Crown Princely couple.

The last part of this video is particularly heart-warming, with Princess Aiko's wonderful smile and the family so obviously enjoying one-another's company. I think that the Crown Prince certainly looks younger than his 50 years!:flowers:

Video released on the occasion of Prince Naruhito's 50th birthday by the Imperial Household Agency.

Thanks for the article!
Crown Prince Naruhito appears to be determined to realign or attune the ways the Imperial household operates. It remains to be seen whether he succeeds in his mission.

It's going to be very interesting to see what Crown Prince Naruhito does as Emperor. I wonder whether any Imperial Household Agency courtiers are shaking in their shoes after this conference?;)

I like his statement about continuing to support CP Masako. :flowers:

Crown Prince Naruhito appears to be determine to realign or attune the ways the Imperial household operates. It remains to be seen whether he succeeds in his mission.

:previous:
I do not think that IHA is shaking in their shoes. When the time comes, they will find right words to persuade a new Emperor into finding the happy medium between changes and the traditional ways. This may take the edge off reforms a new Emperor intends to introduce.
Despite multiple pressures, Crown Prince Naruhito is a man, who stands by his wife. Such loyalty and devotion are truly admirable.

Wonderful to see Masako so well, and surrounded by her family.

No matter how much the IHA tries to get its own way, the officials can't break this family bond.

I suspect that Masako is - or will be - the trump card for the Japanese monarchy, because many women will identify with her difficulties.

If anything, she might, through her dignified acceptance of her illness, be an agent of subtle change in the monarchy.

Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako wave as they
arrive with their daughter Princess Aiko, 8, at Nagano railway
station in Nagano, central Japan, Wednesday, March 24, 2010.
The royal family visited a ski resort in the region on vacation.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Wonderful new pics of the family. Thanks for the pictures iceflower. Princess Aiko is growing up to be beautiful!

Thanks for photos! I can not help noting that Princess Aiko as well as her cousins, Princess Mako and Princess Kako, rarely smile on photos.

The Crown Princess will skip the dinner with the King of Cambodia

HIH the Crown Princess Masako will not be attending the reception and dinner party to be held for visiting Cambodian King Norodom Sihamoni due to her illness, the Imperial Household Agency said Friday. - Kyodo

Thanks for the photo!
Crown Princely family looked lovely.

Prince, princess view dance
http://c.cdn.belga.be/picture/22642365/preview/watermark
photo by belga
Caption:
©Kyodo/MAXPPP - 01/10/2010 ; TOKYO, Japan - Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako view a dance at a government culture festival in Tokyo on Oct. 1, 2010. It was the first official outing since January for the princess who has been undergoing treatment for stress-induced illness. (Pool photo)(Kyodo)

Date:01/10/2010 15:51

Thanks for the update!
It is nice to see Crown Princess Masako making a public appearance.

I really wish she'd feel much better soon. She's a bright woman with so much to offer and it's so hard to hear her suffering.

And it's always a pleasure to see her out and about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom