Crown Prince Naruhito & Crown Princess Masako current events 5: Dec. 2008- Dec. 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
she might not yet understand about her own role as imperial princess, but she's growing up, right? she'll learn a lot about her family and their role also her own role as imperial princess

Probably. On YouTube, there's an interview between Frost and Princess Anne. She basically said what you've suggested, NotAPretender: that, to her, her upbringing was normal. She realized that it wasn't normal only because that's what she kept hearing from the grown-ups.:flowers:

But I think having grown up that way, she thinks it's rather "normal."

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08Fo7bw0vldrV/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0cRd5F87k63mz/610x.jpg
Japan's Crown Princess Masako, left, and her daughter Princess Aiko arrive at a theater for a preview of "Hachi: A Dog's Story," in Tokyo Friday, July 31, 2009. The film, starring Richard Gere, is a Hollywood remake of Japan's long-cherished story of Hachiko, the faithful dog that died at a train station waiting for its master.
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/14827516.jpg
photo by belga

I heard that story when I was living in Japan. The master blinded and the dog was a guide dog. Everyday, the dog came to a train station waiting for its master came home from work. Then once day the master past away and did not come home. The dog kept waiting and never left the train station. It was very sad story.

Aww, it sounds like a sweet story. Richard Gere is in it? I haven't heard of this movie.
Anyway, it is good to see the Crown Prince and his family getting out and about.

I heard that story when I was living in Japan. The master blinded and the dog was a guide dog. Everyday, the dog came to a train station waiting for its master came home from work. Then once day the master past away and did not come home. The dog kept waiting and never left the train station. It was very sad story.

There is a statue to Hachiko the dog outside Shibuya station in Tokyo. It's used as a meeting place for friends to meet up. As Shibuya station is enormous with multiple exits, the one where the statue is (and where the dog used to wait) is called the Hachiko exit.

Ahhhh!!1 I heard that story too!! People ask each other to meet at Hachiko's statue, I've heard!

I never heard about the story before, but it sounds good and sweet...

Yes; and I imagine the Crown Princely family must be very fond of the story, since they are so attached to dogs as we have seen in pics so far.

Hachiko actually was a pet dog. His owner was a university professor who used to take train to commute and arrived back after work at the same time each day. After his owner's passing Hachiko turned up at the station at an exact time his master would've arrived. He did that for 10 years, every day, I believe.

Masako sama looks radiant in recent pictures. I hope she is happy with her own recovery.

ps I couldnt watch this sort of film- as I'll be crying my eyes out!

Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito (L), Crown Princess Masako (R) and their daughter Princess Aiko (C), who is holding family dog Yuri, arrive at JR Nasushiobara Station in Nasushiobara, some 150 km north of Tokyo, 13 August 2009. The crown prince will spend about two weeks at the Nasu Imperial Villa with his family.ANP Beeldbank

Thanks for photos!
Crown Princely family looked radiant. It appears that Yuri is a bit heavy for Princess Aiko to carry.

Princess Akio is so cute when she is holding her dog, Yuri. Thanks for the picture, Florenica. Aiko and her parents looked very happy.

I agree.. They ooked so relax.. Hope they enjoy theor holiday..

Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito , Crown Princess Masako
and their daughter Princess Aiko greet well-wishers as
they arrive at JR Nagano Station in Nagano, central Japan,
31 August 2009. The crown prince will have a week-long
vacation with family in northern Nagano Prefecture.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

How nice!! Vacation!! Thanks a lot for posting the pics, and let's hope the CP couple and Aiko will have a lovely vacation!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hachiko actually was a pet dog...
I've watched this obedient dog "Hachiko" film on tv. Being a dog lover myself it was heart wrenching to see Hachi waiting at the station day after day for her master, who has died, to arrive.....

I agree, Princess Masako looks brighter and happier in recent pics.
I wish she would take on more public roles and put her great many talents to good use. Her foreign language skill to mention.....

I wonder if their dogs' names (Pippi, Mari and Yuri) have a significance; it's odd they aren't Japanese names, don't you think?
Yuri, actualy is a japanese name meaning "Lilies". As for the rest, I dont know, but it sounded kawaii:flowers:...

wonderful pictures

Aiko begun showing signs to become a beautiful lady...

Thanks for the update!
Crown Princess Masako looked happy, whereas Princess Aiko is very serious for her age.

Indeed, Aiko seems really serious! but I guess she may feel a little intimidated by all the cameras and pictures and the attention focused on her and her parents. She is a child, and may also be a shy one...

Crown prince, princess attend emperor's ceremony

©Kyodo/MAXPPP - 12/11/2009 ; TOKYO, Japan - Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito (R) and his wife Princess Masako bow to Emperor Akihito and his wife Empress Michiko during a ceremony to celebrate the 20th anniversary of formal accession of the emperor at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo on Nov. 12, 2009.(Pool photo) (Kyodo)
photo by belga
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/16528181.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/16528988.jpg

Princess Masako look's lovely.
I'm always happy when i see her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom