Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako current events 4: Jan - Dec 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't suppose that anything like a pregnancy's impossible these days. Would be nice, especially if there was a little brother to Aiko.:flowers:

My goodness, please pardon me, if I jump to conclusions, which is probably very improper; but my feelings are so strong, that I would like to share them with you all in this Forum. This means: when I saw on the latest photos of Prince and Princess Naruhito and Masako their so so sweet smiles, I could not stop thinking: Are they perhaps awaiting now a further child? If all this is too "impossible", then please cancel my post. :angel: Perhaps am I much too romantic. Take the post immediately away, if it is impossible. Thanks you.

Oh yes, how nice would it be! Thanks for your kind words, dear Mermaid1962.:)

Well, I think, first and foremost they are simply relieved and glad because Masako seems to be finally better.
But another child would certainly be nice, brother or sister. They are so fond of Aiko, another child would be very nice indeed.
And I notice again what I have remarked before: if you knew nothing of Masako and Kiko and saw only their pictures:

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/makok/src/1226426733269.jpg
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/makok/src/1226427003041.jpg

Would you be so sure when looking at these pics which one is the tough businesswoman and who the traditional wife and mother? There is something so especially soft and tender in the expression of Masako´s face lately...:flowers:
(Maybe I am seeing the same thing as you, Tilla. But I am not sure if it means anything so substantial as a pregnancy.)

Judging from these pictures, Masako seems like the one a person could meet to have coffee and a chat with. Kiko has something brittle about her, but perhaps it's just the formality of the occasion. Masako seems to have a more open face, if you know what I mean.:flowers:

Well, I think, first and foremost they are simply relieved and glad because Masako seems to be finally better.
But another child would certainly be nice, brother or sister. They are so fond of Aiko, another child would be very nice indeed.
And I notice again what I have remarked before: if you knew nothing of Masako and Kiko and saw only their pictures:

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/makok/src/1226426733269.jpg
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/makok/src/1226427003041.jpg

Would you be so sure when looking at these pics which one is the tough businesswoman and who the traditional wife and mother? There is something so especially soft and tender in the expression of Masako´s face lately...:flowers:
(Maybe I am seeing the same thing as you, Tilla. But I am not sure if it means anything so substantial as a pregnancy.)

Well, anything is possible now. Who knows what will happen. But any siblings for Princess Aiko would be nice though.

My goodness, please pardon me, if I jump to conclusions, which is probably very improper; but my feelings are so strong, that I would like to share them with you all in this Forum. This means: when I saw on the latest photos of Prince and Princess Naruhito and Masako their so so sweet smiles, I could not stop thinking: Are they perhaps awaiting now a further child? If all this is too "impossible", then please cancel my post. :angel: Perhaps am I much too romantic. Take the post immediately away, if it is impossible. Thanks you.

:)
You are all so very kind!

Well, I should perhaps have added to the text: "Der Wunsch ist der Vater des Gedankens" (Goethe) = "The desire is the father of the thought".

It has been a real pleasure to see Crown Princess Masako undertaking official engagements alongside Crown Prince Naruhito and the Imperial family. If Tilla's assumptions are accurate, it would be great to have another addition to the Japanese Imperial family. I would agree that Crown Princess Masako tends to come across as a more sincere easy to approach person.

Do you think that this is because of the time that she's spent outside Japan, Albino, or is it her natural personality?:flowers:

I would agree that Crown Princess Masako tends to come across as a more sincere easy to approach person.

In my very personal opinion...

I would say that being educated and living abroad have had a direct effect on Crown Princess Masako's personality. Given all the information I have read about Crown Princess Masako, it would be fair to say that she felt more comfortable living abroad and associating with foreigners because she could more freely express herself and did not worry much about conforming with strict norms of protocol. Pressures of the life as Crown Princess made her introverted, shy, and withdrawn to a certain extent. At the same time, she exudes natural warmth that make her less formal and more-approachable. Perhaps, it is an innate trait of her personality that flourished living outside of Japan.

I am so pleased to see her looking so well I just hope she gets better day by day. I love babies and Im sure she would love another but I would just like her to get better and take her rightful place at events.

Judging from these pictures, Masako seems like the one a person could meet to have coffee and a chat with. Kiko has something brittle about her, but perhaps it's just the formality of the occasion. Masako seems to have a more open face, if you know what I mean.:flowers:

Yes, IMO you are exactly right concerning Masako. :) I would only like to add that you probably could chat with her nicely not only about everyday things but also tell her about your troubles and worries and be sure that she would listen to you with empathy and without judgment as she has been through so much herself. The first (the nice chat about everyday things) may very well be an innate trait of her personality, as you said, Albina, but being able to listen to another´s sorrows is something you learn only, IMO, by having gone through hardships yourself...

As for Kiko, I still think that she is the best argument against how women at the Japanese imperial court are being treated. She does look brittle, and her smile to me nowadays often seems forced. She is certainly still an impressing, elegant, dignified personality - but what a loss if you compare her to the young, brightly smiling, radiant g.irl she once has been. She was not only exceptionally pretty but her smile seemed to come directly from an open heart.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ss-kiko-old-photos-1-a-6626-4.html#post856129I cannot really find the exact photo I am bearing in mind. It is one of this series:
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/2166/kikoa8fw.jpg

but on the one I mean Kiko does not look quite so controlled but with a big smile... Maybe I will find it bye and bye...

Anyhow, this young woman has not been treated with care. She has been used as an instrument, in the first place by her husband, and not been appreciated for her own wonderful loving self. She has obtained her reward in form of g.lamour and a higher status than she could ever have hoped for, marrying the younger son. And IF she had married him for ambition in the first place, that would certainly be very well, then she would just have gotten what she had asked for. But I am afraid that she asked for love in return for the love that she brought into this family, and that is what she did not get. I suppose that she is trying to pretend even to herself that she is happy but she is not. Her heart is broken.

What a strange fate she has. She always gets the fairy tale – marrying the prince, bearing the long awaited heir – gets exactly what she has probably asked for, and then has to find out that in real life living a fairy tale can be pretty painful. When she is through with her lesson she will probably know better than anybody on earth that it is not important how things appear to be, how they look like, but what they are inside and how they feel.

You have such an enjoyable writing style, ChiaraC. I always like reading your posts. I learn from them. :flowers:

Yes, IMO you are exactly right concerning Masako. :) I would only like to add that you probably could chat with her nicely not only about everyday things but also tell her about your troubles and worries and be sure that she would listen to you with empathy and without judgment as she has been through so much herself. The first (the nice chat about everyday things) may very well be an innate trait of her personality, as you said, Albina, but being able to listen to another´s sorrows is something you learn only, IMO, by having gone through hardships yourself...

As for Kiko, I still think that she is the best argument against how women at the Japanese imperial court are being treated. She does look brittle, and her smile to me nowadays often seems forced. She is certainly still an impressing, elegant, dignified personality - but what a loss if you compare her to the young, brightly smiling, radiant g.irl she once has been. She was not only exceptionally pretty but her smile seemed to come directly from an open heart.

I cannot really find the exact photo I am bearing in mind. It is one of this series:
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/2166/kikoa8fw.jpg

but on the one I mean Kiko does not look quite so controlled but with a big smile... Maybe I will find it bye and bye...

Anyhow, this young woman has not been treated with care. She has been used as an instrument, in the first place by her husband, and not been appreciated for her own wonderful loving self. She has obtained her reward in form of g.lamour and a higher status than she could ever have hoped for, marrying the younger son. And IF she had married him for ambition in the first place, that would certainly be very well, then she would just have gotten what she had asked for. But I am afraid that she asked for love in return for the love that she brought into this family, and that is what she did not get. I suppose that she is trying to pretend even to herself that she is happy but she is not. Her heart is broken.

What a strange fate she has. She always gets the fairy tale – marrying the prince, bearing the long awaited heir – gets exactly what she has probably asked for, and then has to find out that in real life living a fairy tale can be pretty painful. When she is through with her lesson she will probably know better than anybody on earth that it is not important how things appear to be, how they look like, but what they are inside and how they feel.

That's very interesting Chiara C, but I wonder why you think Kiko hasn't been treated with love and care?
Is it just assumption or is it based on facts?
I know about Akishino's affair in Thailand, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's in bad terms with his wife imo.

It seems to me that the current course of the discussion is veering off the topic. At the same time, I agree that ChiaraC's comments on the situation are very insightful. :flowers:

Thank you for these lovely photos. They give hope.

That's very interesting Chiara C, but I wonder why you think Kiko hasn't been treated with love and care?
Is it just assumption or is it based on facts?
I know about Akishino's affair in Thailand, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's in bad terms with his wife imo.

Thank you very much, mermaid, for your encouraging compliment!:flowers:
I want to give an answer to your question, Jia, but Albina is absolutely right: this is not the right place for it. So please follow me: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f126/has-princess-kiko-been-badly-treated-19165.html

But there is one thing I have to say here: it is not a mere coincidence that I am reflecting about Kiko´s fate in this thread because IMO her story is giving an answer to an open question concerning Masako: Every now and then it has been said that when Masako found her way of being and behaving to be so absolutely incompatible with the expectations of her traditional “entourage” she should, finally, have given in and should have become still more traditional herself, as much as ever was necessary. (The first thing that would have happened if she had done that obviously would have been her husband seriously complaining that if he had wanted to marry a woman who always smiles, keeps her mouth shut and opens it only in order to say: “Yes, Naruhito, I agree, Naruhito, you are so perfect, Naruhito.” he would not have needed to wait for Masako so many years as a smiling puppet would have been much easier to find…;) But we will just leave this aside and assume that Naruhito might have changed his mind for some reason or other – which is, IMO, just as probable as a snowstorm in hell but only supposing:) We do not know exactly what would have happened if Masako would have just stopped to have an opinion of her own and would have used all her energy only to try and become the most traditional crown princess ever and meet all the expectations of the people surrounding her.

But we have Kiko´s example – because that is exactly what SHE did (except that she was not the CROWN princess): She has done absolutely everything that has been required of her and has done it with admirable skill and seemingly with much grace and ease – and, as far as I can see, much good has it done her…:ermm: Her story shows IMO that whatever you do as a woman marrying into the imperial family of Japan: if you put all your energy into adapting to the status quo or if you try to find some sort of balance between your own personality and the requirements of your position, in the end it makes no difference: You just can´t win...

emma93,
Thanks for new pictures!:flowers: Crown Princely couple looks very happy, indeed. What was the occasion for these photos to be taken?

In Point De Vue #3146 from Nov 5 to 11 they have an article about Masako. According to Antoine Michelland there may be a divorce in the making.

There is always a divorce in the making when it comes to Naruhito and Masako. It would make things nice and tidy for the IHA.

However, anyone that has seen the most recent photos of them could never believe that two people who could look at each other with such affection are on the verge of divorce.

It remains to be seen whether the divorce rumours are true. It is quite possible that the IHA may surprise us.

Thank you for all those lovely picture of Crown Prince and Princess. Masako sama looks lovely!

It's the formal version of san. This honorific is used primarily in addressing persons much higher in rank than oneself and in commercial and business settings to address and refer to customers. It also appears in words used to address or speak of persons or objects for which the speaker wishes to show respect or deference.
Japanese honorifics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom