Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako current events 4: Jan - Dec 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be so hard for Masako when Naruhito's away. She must appreciate having her little girl with her.:ermm:

More photos from Prince Naruhito departing from Togu Palace on June 16, 2008. Princess Masako and Aiko sent him off at the entrance.
Photos from AP via Yahoo

Hello all,

I'm originally from Kyoto but I live in UK now. (since 1992). i just wanted to say I find it very interesting to read about CP and Masako sama- as I dont get to hear or read much news about them over here.

Speaking as a a nurse, I'm aware that recovering process for people with mental illness can be painfully slow. I just hope that divorce rumour I heard about is completely untrue and Masako sama would make a complete recovery one day.

Hello Seiko and welcome to TRF! We are always please to have another interested member. :flowers:

Masako looks great with longer hair. I think maybe Aiko was just having a "shy day" as other times I have seen her looking more at ease with the media and cameras. Adorable little girl!:flowers:

I read with great sympathy about the Princess's illness but I must say she looks better than ever. She is very disciplined indeed to be able to hide her distress and anxiety as well as she does.

It's so sad, such a shame. I remember the wedding, and I remember thinking what a gifted woman and what a great asset she would be to the Imperial family.

Now it's 15 years on....and the news is not good.

Pics from Belga Picture
Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako visit an exhibition of paintings by Emily Kame Kngwarreye, an Australian aboriginal artist, at the National Art Center in Tokyo on July 2.
Pic 1
Pic 2

How nice to see Masako out and about. She looks happy and the longer hair does suit her. Nice pearl ring too!

Princess Masako in pic 2 has a very nice smile.

Crown Prince doesnt seem to age much!

Since I havent been back to japan at all after I said farewell to my country, I dont know everything that goes on, news-wise, about Imperial family.

So I'm going to ask a very basic question..(pardon me)
Is CP recovering from her mental illness, slowly? Do her Doctors issue any statement at all?
I'm actually an adult nurse working in the UK, so I know little bit about mental illness, that it can take years to overcome that problem. Some sufferer stay on their medication for a long, long, long time.

So I just wonder what the general ...outsome for CP so far, is.

Thank you:)

The official word is that she continues to recover slowly.

I'm usually not too fond of Crown Princesses in pantsuits, but I think that Masako looks wonderful in this one! She often looks too matronly for her age, but she looks lovely in this.:flowers:

Pics from Belga Picture
Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako visit an exhibition of paintings by Emily Kame Kngwarreye, an Australian aboriginal artist, at the National Art Center in Tokyo on July 2.
Pic 1
Pic 2

Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito, left, chats with Crown Princess Masako on his departure for Spain at Togu Palace in Tokyo Wednesday, July 16, 2008.

Pics from AP via Yahoo

It's really very unfortunate that they dont allow her to travel with him. And before you tell me she's not well enough to go, she looks mighty healthy to me.

I don't know...Her eyes looks sad and tired. I think she is in good physical condition, but she still looks slightly sad.

Vanesa.

I don't know...Her eyes looks sad and tired. I think she is in good physical condition, but she still looks slightly sad.

Vanesa.

Masako looks great on her recent appearance but no one knows what she really feels inside. I can only wish all the best for her :flowers:

I got a Point De Vue about 3 weeks old and mentioned Naruhito's visit to Spain without Masako. For the first time they mentioned that a modern solution to their problems, may be feasible. They mentioned "divorce" as a possibility. This is very very sad.

It would indeed be sad to think it is suggested that a couple in love should divorce. Also, when you think about the fact that Masako would have to give up her child, it makes it even sadder. After all this, things will be very different when Naruhito is Emperor.

If a divorce possibility is entertained, it is truly sad. Crown Princess Masako will likely to lead a very recluse life afterwards. I just hope this news is just rumours and nothing else ...

Last time something like that happen was when the Shah had to divorce Soraya.
However if I remember correctly, to convince Masako to agree to the marriage the Empress promised her protection from the Royal Household (they had terrorised her for years when she was still the CP). Obviously this did not happen and then she criticised Masako herself for not being strong.
I truly hope this lady finds happiness somehow. It would be a sad sad outcome if Naruhito is forced to divorce Masako.

Make-up and a smile can work wonders.:rolleyes:

It's really very unfortunate that they dont allow her to travel with him. And before you tell me she's not well enough to go, she looks mighty healthy to me.

Could a divorce actually be forced? I don't mean having pressure put on them to sign the papers, but could they be divorced without their consent? :ermm:

Last time something like that happen was when the Shah had to divorce Soraya.
However if I remember correctly, to convince Masako to agree to the marriage the Empress promised her protection from the Royal Household (they had terrorised her for years when she was still the CP). Obviously this did not happen and then she criticised Masako herself for not being strong.
I truly hope this lady finds happiness somehow. It would be a sad sad outcome if Naruhito is forced to divorce Masako.

Goodness. I hope it is all speculation on our parts. Prince Naruhito seems to love P Masako. I do not believe anyone can get divorced against his/her will but the Royal Household of Japan seems to be the most controlling group of courtiers around. The poor woman practically lives as a prisoner, she bore a child and no one except P Naruhito, seems to give her any credit. ( I have the bookstore "looking" for the book and cannot wait to get my hands on it.)

On the contrary, I think it very very unlikely that they would divorce. Naruhito worked very hard to convince Masako to marry him and IMHO he is as much in love with her as ever. The divorce rumors start because there are factions that would like to see them divorce before he ascends the throne. By putting the rumors out there, they try to steer the tide of public opinion that a divorce should take place. If they are still married when he becomes Emperor, then no divorce will be allowed to happen. The same factions are worried about what kind of changes Naruhito will make as an Emperor with a track record of speaking out against the IHA. It's one thing to cast a shadow on a crown prince with a brother who is chomping at the bit for the job. It is quite another to mount a campaign of belittling an emperor.

I'd be sad looking to if I were basically not allowed sneeze without permission from the IHA. Imagine the smile if her dear hubby leaned over at the airport and said 'Hop on board. F 'em if they dont like it'.

This makes a great deal of sense to me, especially given the Emperor's role in Shintoism. A person doesn't want to "disrespect" his High Priest!:) It'll be interesting to see what Naruhito is able to accomplish once he succeeds.

The same factions are worried about what kind of changes Naruhito will make as an Emperor with a track record of speaking out against the IHA. It's one thing to cast a shadow on a crown prince with a brother who is chomping at the bit for the job. It is quite another to mount a campaign of belittling an emperor.

I think that if he could understand that there will be a day in which he will be the Emperor and High Priest of Shintoísm, Prince Naruhito could accomplish whatever he wants to. But does he realize WHO he really is?

Vanesa.

I'm sure she will be thrilled to actually allowed to go somewhere.

It is truly great news. I shall be very glad to see Crown Princely couple attending this function. I hope Crown Princess Masako will actually go to Tonga without the last minute "We are sorry to inform you that Crown Princess Masako will not to be able to attend"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom