Working visit to New York by members of the JRF: September 17-24, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Princess Dina Mired and Princess Ghida Talal attended the LIVESTRONG premiere of 'Delivering Hope:
Cancer Care In The Developing World' at Gracie Mansion on September 19, 2011 in New York City.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery **

Princess Ghida participates in UN meeting on non-communicable diseases
New York, Sep 20 (Petra) -- Deputizing for His Majesty King Abdullah II, HRH Princess Ghida Talal, Chairperson of the Board of Trustees of the King Hussein Cancer Foundation, represented Jordan at the United Nations General Assembly’s High Level Meeting on non-communicable diseases (NCDs).
Princess Ghida: ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
Princess Dina: ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

New York, Sept. 20 (Petra) -- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah met here today with Head of the UN Girls Education Initiative (UNGEI) Secretariat Cheryl Faye and UNICEF Regional Director for the Middle East and North Africa Maria Calivis, to discuss the latest UNGEI programs and progress in girls’ education worldwide.
Picture

:previous:great to see both the princesses there. I wonder if this was the same session as the one Lalla Salma attended.

:previous:great to see both the princesses there. I wonder if this was the same session as the one Lalla Salma attended.
I think that was the same session Humera.

Last edited:
King Abdullah meets Clinton, Schwab
New York, Sep.21(Petra) His Majesty King Abdullah II met in New York with former US President Bill Clinton and discussed with him the developments in the Middle East and the efforts to achieve peace between the Palestinians and the Israelis.

Article

Pictshare
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

:flowers::flowers:

September 21st 2011

mr. clinton very diferent from before he look :ermm: right?

he looks different because he is older :))

do you know for how long they are staying in USA ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen discusses UNESCO’s new global initiative with Bokova
Jordan Times article

The Queen Consort of Jordon Queen Rania and Archbishop Desmond Tutu converse during the 'Every Woman, Every Child' UN Reception at the Grand Hyatt on September 20, 2011 in New York City.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
gettyimages.com

NEW YORK, NY - SEPTEMBER 21: United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon (R) and King Abdullah II of Jordan meet at the 66th General Assembly Session at the United Nations on September 21, 2011 in New York City. The annual event, which gathers more than 100 heads of state and government for high level meetings on nuclear safety, regional conflicts, health and nutrition and environment issues. (Photo by Timothy A. Clary-Pool/Getty Images)

Last edited:
Sept. 20, 2011- Her Majesty Queen Rania attends a meeting called for by Gordon Brown and the Brookings Institution for ‘A Global Business Coalition for Education’
http://i53.tinypic.com/256zexd.jpg

princess dina walk so quickly , Not worthy of a princess !!!

Good to see Dina & Ghida accompanying the King & Queen in the US. They are both remarkable ladies and great Jordanian ambassadors! I enjoyed all the pictures so far, keep them coming! :flowers:

New York, Sept. 21

King: Arab Spring can be opportunity to institutionalize positive change
(Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II Wednesday said that the Arab Spring can be an opportunity to institutionalize positive change that is necessary for a strong, secure, prosperous future.

In remarks at the 66th session of the UN General Assembly in New York, the King added: "We can build on the pioneering achievements of Arab-Islamic civilization - with its core values of compassion, responsibility, tolerance and respect for others".

"For my country, these opportunities are opening the door to a major revitalization of our reform effort ... including the rule of law, justice, and the rights and freedoms of democratic political life," he added.

Read More...

Pictshares :flowers:

King: we work to make Jordan model for democracy
New York, September 22(Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah said that Jordan will be a model for democracy in the Arab world as it seeks to strengthen the middle class and increase political participation and economic development and enhance the democratic process.

The King said in an interview with America's National Public Radio NPR that the right path to democracy is guaranteed by the monarchy and the system.

Read More...

Last edited by a moderator:
Did any of there children come with them to NY??

Did any of there children come with them to NY??

Other times they have traveled with the King and Queen, but now they have a school. But we don´t know.

King: my commitment to reform firm, unwavering
New York, September 23(Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II said that " since assuming the honor of serving Jordan in this position, my commitment to reform has been unwavering''.

King back home after U.S. trip
Amman, Sep 24 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Saturday returned home after a working visit to the United States U.S. where he headed Jordan's delegation to the 66th session of the United Nations UN General Assembly.

Back
Top Bottom