Terrorist Attack in Amman: November 9, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Humera

Moderator Emeritus
Country
Canada
Im watching the news right now and there are reports of 3 different explosions in Amman (in different hotels)
Its so scary and also a strange coincidece. I remember the terrorist attack in Aqaba several weeks ago. King Abdullah was out of the country at the time and Prince Hashem was regent and its the same this time.
I dont know if the King's back from Kazakhstan.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Im watching the news right now and there are reports of 3 different explosions in Amman (in different hotels)
Its so scary and also a strange coincidece. I remember the terrorist attack in Aqaba several weeks ago. King Abdullah was out of the country at the time and Prince Hashem was regent and its the same this time.
I dont know if the King's back from Kazakhstan.

very sad news , I am watching the news now and they said that prince Hasheim and several princes now in the place , poor prince Hashem it happen again when he is regent :(

A middle east expert on CNN said the way Jordanians would numerically write today's date is 9-11. Is that eerie or what?

Why oh why did KA set al Zarqawi free when he assumed the throne? This guy is just plain evil--and clearly considers all people--even Jordanians and the JRF--targets (the missiles just missed the Aqaba palace the last time). KH felt he was a terrorist and jailed him; it is my understanding that KA released him. I just don't understand his logic........

Very sad, very tragic evening in Amman. 67 dead and 100s injured thus far. It will be interesting to see KA's response when he returns. I'm assuming he's on his way back right now. CNN just showed a rally of support for KA, by the way.

I truly feel for Prince Hashem. Both terrorist attacks this year happened on his watch. Does al Zarqawi wait until KA leaves the country? To attack a wedding party and kill and injure so many.....well, that is just evil. I expect a very strong, angry response from KA upon his return, if not en route. He must be incredibly infuriated and grief-stricken. I have not seen a response from the Palace yet. I did hear Hashem was at the Palace with his brothers awaiting KA's return.

Warning

Becareful when visiting Petra site for today, the pictures are....I saw them I almost fainted...
Our prayers goes to all of them.

my heartfelt sympathy, respect and love to King Abdullah and all Jordanians tonight. my heart is crying for the innocent victims and their family's, may God bless them in their time of sorrow.
becky in Texas

King condemns terrorist attacks

Amman/ Nov. 9/ (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II has condemned the terrorist attacks in Amman on Wednesday evening claiming lives of innocent people and wounding others. In a Royal Court Statement issued Wednesday, His Majesty the King described the terrorist blasts targeting three hotels in Amman as "criminal acts perpetrated by a misled and misleading group." The King affirmed such terrorist operations "would not dissuade Jordan from pursuing its role in fighting terrorism and the criminal terrorist groups and those who are behind them and justify their acts." The criminals who, with their cowardly acts, have targeted innocent and secure civilians will be brought to justice, the King noted. Jordan will remain a secure and stable country and these terrorist operations can never represent the Jordanian values, His Majesty said.

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Nov/09/28643400.htm

Marchers to protest terrorist blast Thursday

Amman/ Nov. 9/ (Petra)--Jordan News Agency has come to know that dozens of people representing civil society institutions plan to organize marches in Amman and other Jordanian cities on Thursday protesting the terrorist attacks on three hotels in Amman Wednesday evening.
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Nov/09/28644700.htm

Regent inspects blast sites

Amman/ Nov. 9/ (Petra)--His Royal Highness Prince Hashem bin Al Hussein the Regent has inspected the sites of the three blasts that went off in Amman Wednesday and enquired about the conditions of injured people, who have children among them. Prince Hashem also visited the Public Security Department operation room where he listened to a briefing from Director of the department Lt. General Mohammad Majed al-Eitan the terrorist blasts targeting three hotels in Amman. "These vicious attacks will never affect Jordan's determination and its adherence to its principled and firm stand in fighting terrorism and terrorists," said the Regent. "Jordan with God help will remain stable and secure," said Prince Hashem, who was accompanied by the Prime Minister, the Interior Minister and Lt. General Eitan.

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Nov/09/28645600.htm

I've created a thread here to discuss the Jordanian Suicide Bombing attacks which took place today. Please visit that thread to discuss today's tragic incidents.

If King Abdullah and Queen Rania comment on the incident, or make any visits or pleas in light of the incident then we can discuss it in this thread. But for general discussion of this topic so that we can stay on topic, please visit the other thread.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Alexandria

Are all members of the JRF safe and accounted for? I hope the King will be touching down soon in Amman. Prince Hashem's statement was very powerful and dignified and I admire his courage for getting out to the scene so quickly.

Yes its very admirable that he was on the scene as quickly as possible. What an experience this must be for such a young man.

Poor Hashim, it does seem like all the bad stuff happens when he is regent... His response to the attack is very admirable though. I think this shows he is a good man and a good, very capable regent.

I just heard a vague report that KA was en route and would be touching down "shortly." P Hashem and other members of the JRF--I'm assuming his brothers and uncle--are preparing to brief the King. Yes, Hashem is handling himself beautifully and comporting himself very well as regent IMO.
madonna23 said:
Is King Abdullah back or is Hashim still regent?

King Returns Home, Visits Terrorist Attacks Locations

His Majesty King Abdullah II, who returned back home Thursday dawn visited the Grand Hyatt Amman and Radisson SAS hotels which were the scenes of criminal terrorist attacks on Wednesday night. King Abdullah looked into the damages resulted from these explosions that targeted secure and innocent citizens and resulted in martyring a number of Jordanians and guests in Jordan.

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Nov/10/28653500.htm

PRESIDENT ILHAM ALIYEV SENDS CONDOLENCES TO KING ABDULLAH
[November 10, 2005, 13:57:35]

President of the Azerbaijan Republic Ilham Aliyev has sent today a letter of condolences to the King of Jordan Abdullah on the Wednesday terrorist acts in capital Amman on.

The letter says:

Your Majesty,

We were utterly indignant at the inhuman terrorist attacks led to death of many people in Amman, and express our resolved condemnation of all forms of terrorism.

I share your sorrow for this tragic event and on behalf of myself and the people of Azerbaijan extend our deepest condolences to Your Majesty, the people of your country and families and friends of the victims.

May Allah rest their sole in peace!
http://www.azertag.com/en/index.shtml?language=english&catid=&news_year=&news_month=&news_day=&newsid=145041&themes_viewing=&themes_page=&themeid=&news_page=

King Returns Home, Visits Terrorist Attacks Locations</STRONG>

Pet0054 4 0290 King Returns Home, Visits Terrorist Attacks Locations Amman, Nov. 10 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II, who returned back home Thursday dawn visited the Grand Hyatt Amman and Radisson SAS hotels which were the scenes of criminal terrorist attacks on Wednesday night. King Abdullah looked into the damages resulted from these explosions that targeted secure and innocent citizens and resulted in martyring a number of Jordanians and guests in Jordan.
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Nov/10/28653500.htm

Attachments

• 2123I.jpg
    2123I.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 480
  • 2149I.jpg
    2149I.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
I'm just wondering, but is it announced before the King leaves who will be the Regent? This is the 2nd time this has happened on Hashem's watch (and I'm not blaming him in any way). But the terrorists seem to be exploiting the fact that he is in control, after all he is probably the most inexperienced due to his age. He has dealt with it so well and it must be upsetting for him. But attacks like these take alot of planning and it seems as though someone knows exactly when to strike and how it will hurt most. When the King is out of the country, with his youngest brother in charge.

Queen Rania visits to injured victims of three suicide bomb attacks in an Amman hospital on Thursday, Nov. 10, 2005

from polfoto

Attachments

• AP459977_guest.jpg.jpg
    AP459977_guest.jpg.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 532
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 484
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 484
Was Rania in the UAE when the attacks occurred?

fanletizia said:
Queen Rania visits to injured victims of three suicide bomb attacks in an Amman hospital on Thursday, Nov. 10, 2005

from polfoto

this is very noble of her. I've always admire her as sensible & caring queen. a really good role model...
we've seen same thing from queen sofia of spain when she visited victims of madrid bombings in 2004.

Last edited:
I saw the news on BBC about the terrorists bombing in Amman!!..It was horrible and shocking..Three Hotels were bombed by the suicide extremists:eek: :eek: ..I saw King Abdullah went to the bomb site..Prince Ali was with him...My heartfelt sympathy to the victims, the Royal family, and the people of Jordan..

Little_star said:
must be upsetting for him. But attacks like these take alot of planning and it seems as though someone knows exactly when to strike and how it will hurt most. When the King is out of the country, with his youngest brother in charge.
I agree.:mad::mad: ..The extremists know when is the best time to attack and it is so timing that the King is away, Prince Hashem, king's youngest brother is assigned as a regent..Oh, our poor Prince:( ..Anyways, i admire Hashem's response towards the devastating events occured while he's a regent..Its not his fault that these horrible events occurred during his regency, terroristic acts can happen anytime,anywhere, and any place in the world..I just hope and pray that these all would come to an end, that the world would become a peaceful place again...

Last edited:
More photos from Petra

he looks so angry in the last one ...

Allah Protect him

Attachments

• 2153I.jpg
    2153I.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 236
  • 2157I.jpg
    2157I.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 244
  • 2159I.jpg
    2159I.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 382
suria said:
and more photos from petra

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Nov/10/2167I.htm

Ali looks so mad about what happened , i hope they will punch who is responsible for this inhuman act

i know what you mean, suria. do you come from jordan?
this kind of bombing is really outrageous and nothing to describe it. i come from indonesia, where bombings seem to be annual event. hmm... this is a very terrible thing for amman. :( :mad:
i hope we can see more the king, queen, prince ali & the others comfort victims.. :)

purple_platinum said:
i know what you mean, suria. do you come from jordan?
this kind of bombing is really outrageous and nothing to describe it. i come from indonesia, where bombings seem to be annual event. hmm... this is a very terrible thing for amman. :( :mad:
i hope we can see more the king, queen, prince ali & the others comfort victims.. :)

i live in Jordan, its been always safe place to live in :( , we never thought that such a thing could happen to us , we are very peaceful people , there is no excuse ti what happened this is not Islam not what our prophet thought us , i hope that they will understand some day that our real Islam is something so far from what they did ,

PA shows his anger , he is so serious and he is the chief of the king security ,, he has a lot of pressure now , Allah help him and protect him INSHALLAH :)

Ali looks so mad about what happened , i hope they will punch who is responsible for this inhuman act

EVERY PERSON IN THE WORLD SHOULD BE MAD
God Bless Jordan and the Royal Family

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom