Terrorist Attack in Amman: November 9, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeccaLynn07 said:
I am so sorry, nounours...:(
I wish your friend's father a speedy recovery.
Actually, I'm sorry to say that he passed away. Some of you might have heard of him, he was a renowned film maker named Moustafa Akkad...his injuries were very great:(

bbb said:
EVERY PERSON IN THE WORLD SHOULD BE MAD
God Bless Jordan and the Royal Family

:(

you are right , what’s really breaks my heart , that they use Al Islam as an excuse to do this terrorist thing , while Al Islam it too far from what they do

Last edited by a moderator:
PA visited with KA the wounded in hospitals yesterday

from gettimages

Attachments

• 56141018.jpg
    56141018.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 282
suria said:

you are right , what’s really breaks my heart , that they use Al Islam as an excuse to do this terrorist thing , while Al Islam it too far from what they do

I agree with you

Last edited by a moderator:
yivon said:
Will Prince Hashem be back in Jordan ?

His brother's are back in concern of the bombing ...

Is there any news on him?

if i'm not mistaken he was actually the King's Regent at the time the bombs occured.
He was sworn a day earlier because the king is leaving on official visit to kazakstan (am i pronouncing this right?), so he was the 1st one to visit the victims at the hospital.

yivon said:
Will Prince Hashem be back in Jordan ?

His brother's are back in concern of the bombing ...

Is there any news on him?

he has been in Jordan the whole time. even his brother prince Hamzah is back.

lil Monkey said:
He was being interviewed last night on Al-Arabiya to talk about terrorism.

I saw Prince Hassan on CNNi and Sky television, and heard him on the BBC. Jordanian friends say that there is an article and an interview with him today in the Jordanian Dastour newspaper. Did you see that and if so, what did he say ?

I just got this off Prince Hassan's web site:

Words cannot express adequately the pain and anguish I feel at yesterday’s heinous attacks in Amman. The full horror of the events is difficult to comprehend. As a Jordanian, I share the anguish of my countrymen at those who have orchestrated such diabolical carnage in our capital. As a husband, a father and a grandfather, I can only imagine the pain and suffering felt by the families affected by this tragedy. In the weeks and months ahead, we must all stand together and raise aloft those values which must form the core of Jordan’s binding charter – compassion, respect for difference, mutual understanding and a shared humanity. If we fail in this, then terror is victorious.

Let us be firm in our resolve to properly inform the world of the roots of our dire predicament. We are not the victims of religious men. Those ideologues and demagogues who set themselves above the rights of man and the laws of God have no place in any religion. They are faithless and dishonest. They must be brought to justice.

Rather, we must look to the social divisions within our society. These attacks were not aimed merely at symbols of western influence in Jordan. Their targets reflect the increasing polarisation of our population. The foot-soldiers of such atrocities are all too often the twisted products of a silenced majority. Our challenge is to offer all citizens a stake in our country’s future. We must not abandon the underprivileged to an underworld of false imams and false hope.

Our future happiness and well-being depends not only on the hard security of arms and intelligence, but on a soft approach to those who are victims without a voice. This is a time not only for good government, but more importantly, for good governance. We must face up to the divisions blighting our world. We must all work together to defeat hatred and give hope. This is not a mission of optimism but one of necessity.

We may never properly come to terms with the senseless hatred that fuelled this outrage. However, we must offer our support to the victims of these attacks as they struggle to recover from the physical and mental trauma. Let us draw strength from our faith and our shared values. Most importantly, these terrible attacks must not be allowed to feed the hateful inhumanity of the few. Rather, these images of death and destruction must strengthen our compassion and elevate our common humanity.

lil Monkey said:
he has been in Jordan the whole time. even his brother prince Hamzah is back.

IS HE ?????? well, I looked around ,surfing on the Net, no news or pix Hamzah got back home,- and I think this very odd, unusual of him, - nothing on his website, too- where did u learn about it ?

emily62_1 said:
IS HE ?????? well, I looked around ,surfing on the Net, no news or pix Hamzah got back home,- and I think this very odd, unusual of him, - nothing on his website, too- where did u learn about it ?

I saw his yesterday,he was with King Abdullah in Al-juma'a prayers,no pics though:(

Jordan's Queen Rania Visits Bomb Victims

After suicide bombers simultaneously attacked three hotels in Amman, killing at least 56 people and injuring more than 100 on Wednesday, Jordan's Queen Rania Al-Abdullah on Thursday paid her respects to victims throughout the capital city, consoling the wounded in hospitals and offering words of comfort to their families.
http://people.aol.com/people/articles/0,19736,1128350,00.html

In the second half of that article, there's a small bio on QR, a quote from Katie Couric, and also a mention of Rania's upcoming visit to the US. Now I wonder if she will go to the John Paul II legacy dinner. It would be nice if she could because the visit is meant to be about interfaith dialogue among other things. But I'd completely understand if she wants to be in Jordan at this difficult time.

btw..there will be more on Queen Rania in People magazine in the next issue:
http://people.aol.com/people/articles/0,19736,1128204,00.html

Two pictures from yesterday: (DPA)

Attachments

• 005101_4.jpg
    005101_4.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 005301_4.jpg
    005301_4.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 245
Queen Rania Continues Support for the Injured and their families

Amman, Nov. 12(Petra)-- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah continued her visits to the capital's hospitals to support and follow up on the recovery of those wounded in Wednesday's attacks, which left dozens of civilians dead and many injured. As she walked through the wards of the hospitals, on Saturday, Her Majesty spoke words of consolation and encouragement to those still grieving the tragic loss of loved ones.

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Nov/12/28754100.htm

Pictures from Petra:

I've moved all of the pictures from the various threads regarding the terrorist attacks into this thread. I felt that since many members of the royal family are reacting to and doing many things in response to the terrorist attack, it would be better to have it all in one thread.

If you see posts that I forgot to move, please send me a PM with a link to the thread and the post number and I will move it.

Alexandria

Thank you for doing this Alexandria. Its much better this way. Instead of having to post in different threads.
Though I must say for a second there I was taken aback by the title. And then it dawned on me, thats November 9 not September 11.:p
Very eerie, as maryshawn said.

You have to wonder if the date was a "coincidence?" Somehow--given the twisted mind of the principal terrorist--I doubt it.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Thank you for doing this Alexandria. Its much better this way. Instead of having to post in different threads.
Though I must say for a second there I was taken aback by the title. And then it dawned on me, thats November 9 not September 11.:p
Very eerie, as maryshawn said.

In the second half of that article, there's a small bio on QR, a quote from Katie Couric, and also a mention of Rania's upcoming visit to the US. Now I wonder if she will go to the John Paul II legacy dinner. It would be nice if she could because the visit is meant to be about interfaith dialogue among other things. But I'd completely understand if she wants to be in Jordan at this difficult time.

It's a tough choice to make. I'd support either decision but suspect she may elect to remain in Jordan as her supportive and comforting presence seems to be greatly needed and wanted by the people right now. If she goes at all, she certainly has a message to bring to other participants and the media covering the event--on behalf of the people of Jordan. Difficult call. She may be waiting to see how things go and make it a very quick trip--or send a delegate on her behalf.

Yes we'll have to see how things go in the next few days. QR could use this opportunity to talk to the American media about the attacks in Jordan in addition to the interfaith and Arab-American dialogue she's supposed to engage in during the visit. And because the attacks happened so recently, the media will pay more attention to what she has to say.
Its exactly the sort of thing terrorists like Zarqawi dont want.
But again I'd understand if QR wants to be at home right now.

Here's a link for the John Paul II legacy dinner:
http://www.jp2cc.org/events/LegacyDinner.asp

maryshawn said:
You have to wonder if the date was a "coincidence?" Somehow--given the twisted mind of the principal terrorist--I doubt it.

I know. I hadn't even thought about the significance of the date before you mentioned it.
Leave it to the terrorists to think of something so evil and twisted.
I've been hearing in the media that two of the suicide bombers were husband and wife.
I cant even begin to understand that one.

maryshawn said:

Until you had pointed it out to me Mary Shawn I had never thought of the date as being of any significance because I would've seen the date as November 9 -- or as 11/9 rather than the other way around. Given that the reveral of the date would be 9/11 I don't think it's a coincidence at all. I think the date was conscientiously chosen as a clear message to the world that these individuals and these people as a collective are capable of anything and everything. It was a date chosen to elicit fear in everybody and as a reminder of the attacks in New York City.

It's unfortunate that individuals who are obviously very clever minded and intelligent, who have the knowledge, the expertise, as well as the means, not to mention the patience to plan such an attack have elected to use those talents in this manner.

From seeing everything that has been posted here and on the news, I'm glad to see that this incident has really brought the royal family together and the country as a whole in unity against these individuals. The amount of compassion and sympathy, the generosity and the outpouring of prayers and concern makes you really see that humanity exists in our world. It's too bad that it can only be glistened in moments of such tragedy.

I saw him on CNN too. There was live feed from al jazeera and al arabiya. It was of Hashim at the hotels and hospitals, also speaking with officials. He looked great, very much in control and very mature.

What CNN was this airing on? The US CNN or another country's CNN? That's so cool that you saw it!!!

suria said:

It's so true what you say; these bombers have no real Islam in their hearts. If they genuinely understood Islam then they would never do such inhumane acts of terror. :(:mad::(

nounours said:
It's so true what you say; these bombers have no real Islam in their hearts. If they genuinely understood Islam then they would never do such inhumane acts of terror. :(:mad::(

will i think they use Islam to cover their acts , but lets face it , the Israeli occupation in Palestine and the American in Iraq is the real reason behind this anger ,to be unfair with Arabs and Muslim and give all the rights to Israel is big mistake , i know there no excuse for such acts, but everything has a reason , and nothing comes from nothing :mad: :(

queenkat101 said:
I saw him on CNN too. There was live feed from al jazeera and al arabiya. It was of Hashim at the hotels and hospitals, also speaking with officials. He looked great, very much in control and very mature.
Yes, I see also on CNN, after to clock later the assassination attempt.

Jordan Announces Arresting the female Suicide Bomber</STRONG>
Pet0517 4 0686 Jordan Announces Arresting the female Suicide Bomber Amman, Nov 13 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II declared on Sunday the women who was supposed to bomb her self with her husband in Radisson SAS Hotel in Amman failed in her mission and now she is apprehended. Al Qaeda, led by Abu Mossab Al Zrqawi, declared earlier that four people including a women did the attacks on the three hotels in Amman. His Majesty affirmed that the Jordanian intelligence services are working hard to reveal the identities of those terrorists. King Abdullah pointed that the only way to defeat terrorism is through the coordination among all security apparatuses and governments, affirming that those terrorists have no tie with Islam but have a certain point of view against the world aims at creating a controversy between Muslims and Christians and others to blow up clashes among cultures. "The conflict is not between Jordan and Al Zarqawi, but between Al Zarqawi and Bin Laden in one hand and the ideology of the majority of Muslims in the other," King said, adding "those have an irrational way to see the world covered by religion but they have no relation with Islam as the majority of Muslims are not related to them." Speaking to the media figures who are participating in the News Agencies World Council, King Abdullah said that they have a special mission as the governments will not succeed in fighting terrorism without the media. "The media has a major role to play in the struggle against extremism and against those who are calling for the clashes among cultures.. Don't view the other as another and don't allow the extremists to use media to cast doubt toward others." King Abdullah stressed. On Amman Letter, His Majesty said that the idea of the letter was launched after the school massacre in Bislan south of Russia happened last year, therefore, the King felt that everyone must start working and say "enough" as not everyone can release a Fatwa to justify a terror action and to Takfeer others. The Monarch expressed confidence that the Islamic world and the International community will stand together to put an end for these hideous crimes, affirming that it is not allowed to tolerate with any stance with the terrorists who use politics as a plea for terrorism. Paul Tesselaar, the Director General of European Alliance of News Agencies, EANA, and the First Vice President of Itar-Tass News Agency congratulated His Majesty for the high professionalism the Jordanian security apparatuses have and for the disciplined reaction they showed after the attacks. //Petra// 131514 Local NOV 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom