Terrorist Attack in Amman: November 9, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The picture where Queen Rania is wiping the tears off an injured woman's face is so sad and moving.

Pictures from Abaca

Attachments

• 427881.jpg
    427881.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 271
  • 427878.jpg
    427878.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 283
  • 427876.jpg
    427876.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 309
  • 427877.jpg
    427877.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 240
  • 427879.jpg
    427879.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 304
  • 427880.jpg
    427880.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 288
  • 427882.jpg
    427882.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 274
oh dear poor jordananians... why is he in army uniform? to be operationally ready?

Pictures from ANP and Yahoo.

Attachments

• 3179697.jpg
    3179697.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 258
  • 3179304.jpg
    3179304.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 270
  • 3179696.jpg
    3179696.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 223
  • 3179313.jpg
    3179313.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 252
  • r729705671.jpg
    r729705671.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 290
  • r910624498.jpg
    r910624498.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 298
Little_star said:
I'm just wondering, but is it announced before the King leaves who will be the Regent? This is the 2nd time this has happened on Hashem's watch (and I'm not blaming him in any way). But the terrorists seem to be exploiting the fact that he is in control, after all he is probably the most inexperienced due to his age. He has dealt with it so well and it must be upsetting for him. But attacks like these take alot of planning and it seems as though someone knows exactly when to strike and how it will hurt most. When the King is out of the country, with his youngest brother in charge.

my thoughts...

its so sad what happened there - dont find any words for...

Some screen caps from various newsreports

one terrorism expert I saw on tv said that an attack of this magnitude usually takes around 6 months of planning. From what I've observed, most of the time if KA's going to be out of the country, the details and dates are not announced well in advance nor is the identity of the regent. And that is precisely due to security reasons. So this could very likely be a coincidence. It wouldnt have made any difference to the terrorists if the King had been in Jordan at the time, they're only concerned about blowing up their target.

Last edited:
Those photos are so sad, and deeply moving.

My deepest sympathy to everyone in Jordan, and all those who are affected.

BeccaLynn07 said:
Those photos are so sad, and deeply moving.

My deepest sympathy to everyone in Jordan, and all those who are affected.

Thank you :(

Hello everyone, this is my first post.

I was horrified to hear what has happened in Jordan. My heart goes out to all those who were injured and killed. May the ones responsible for these insane actions be caught and brought to justice quickly.

Iam deeply sadened about the news.Everyone affected will surely be remembered in my prayers.Hope things improve in Jordan.:(

all my condolences to the jordan people.

it's wonderful that rania was there to support them. yesterday we were talking about her and her work and i guess what i said and other poster said is really represented in those photos, seeing how she went to many (if not all) of the rooms of the people there and she didn't just go to have some photos taken and go home. not even she was there, but she seemed to have conforted them, even wiping the tears on that woman's face. deeply moving. great for rania again and again.

just want to finish my post sending again all my sympathy to the jordans here. hope things get better soon.

I actually saw that woman on tv. She was inconsolable and kept crying. It was so heartwrenching to watch. I think the scene at the hospital would've moved anyone, including QR whose own eyes were red as I saw on tv.
A picture from DPA

Attachments

• 115101_4.jpg
    115101_4.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 375
Living in the USA, I know how that feels, my deepest sympathy and prayers go out to everyone in Jordan.

Yes, my family friend was at a wedding at the Hyatt in Jordan, and he went to a different room when the bombing occurred, but his daughter was in the room and she died. :( It was all so sudden. Her father was badly injured as well.

My thoughts, prayers, and condolonces goes to all Jordanian at this time.. :(
i come from indonesia, a country where bombings seem to be an "annual" thing, so it is always hurtful when terrorist strike again and again... it is inhuman and seem to hurt innocent people more and more.
anyway, once again, i convey sincere condolonces in this difficult time. :(

I think the photo of Queen Rania wiping a victim's tears must be one of the most powerful and touching photos ever. they even showed it on my country's newspaper. :eek:

bijoux said:
Hello everyone, this is my first post.

I was horrified to hear what has happened in Jordan. My heart goes out to all those who were injured and killed. May the ones responsible for these insane actions be caught and brought to justice quickly.
I agree. It was horrible thing for those people who did that. I hope the pople of Jordan will be ok. My prayers and sympathies to them.

nounours said:
Yes, my family friend was at a wedding at the Hyatt in Jordan, and he went to a different room when the bombing occurred, but his daughter was in the room and she died. :( It was all so sudden. Her father was badly injured as well.
Oh..how sad:( :( ..I am sorry to hear that, my heartfelt sympathy to those who grieve and to those who had lost their loved ones...

nounours said:

I am so sorry, nounours...:(
I wish your friend's father a speedy recovery.

purple_platinum said:
I think the photo of Queen Rania wiping a victim's tears must be one of the most powerful and touching photos ever.

Put perfectly, and I couldn't agree more.

nounours said:

very soory to hear that , enshallah he will be in good health soon .

carlota said:
all my condolences to the jordan people.

it's wonderful that rania was there to support them. yesterday we were talking about her and her work and i guess what i said and other poster said is really represented in those photos, seeing how she went to many (if not all) of the rooms of the people there and she didn't just go to have some photos taken and go home. not even she was there, but she seemed to have conforted them, even wiping the tears on that woman's face. deeply moving. great for rania again and again.

just want to finish my post sending again all my sympathy to the jordans here. hope things get better soon.

Yes, I agree carlota. I saw Rania speaking on DW news and she was very moved by the victims. But although she was obviously upset, she seemed very calm which would have been a comfort to the people she was visiting.

My sympathies to all Jordanians and nounours, i am so very sorry.

Thank you so much for ur support...I guess no words can describe what happend,but with the love of everyone out there,in the Arab coutries and in the world we know we can overcome this horrible attack...ur love and support makes us all in Jordan stronger.

Thank you guys so much.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I actually saw that woman on tv. She was inconsolable and kept crying. It was so heartwrenching to watch. I think the scene at the hospital would've moved anyone, including QR whose own eyes were red as I saw on tv.
A picture from DPA

The women who QR wiped her tears,lost 2 of her daughters,she said that when she went to recieve the Bride and Groom,she asked her daugghters to stay at the table and when she heard the bomb she went running inside she found them both dead :(

Prince Hamzah is back in Jordan,I saw him on the news with King Abdullah,Prince Ali and Prince Hashem they performed Al-Juma'a prayers and Prayed for the victims.

as soon as the pictures are out ill post them here.
I'm glad he's back (if he was away anyway),the brothers have to stick together and show the world that Jordan is strong and will stand in the face of terrorism.

Thank you for all the photos, when initially saw the photo with Rania bending over that lady, I hadn't realised she was wiping away her tears. How incredibly, moving, expecially when now that lil_monkey has told us her story.

Little_star said:
Thank you for all the photos, when initially saw the photo with Rania bending over that lady, I hadn't realised she was wiping away her tears. How incredibly, moving, expecially when now that lil_monkey has told us her story.
The Queen is so kind and sympathetic in general,i love her a lot

The Queen is kind and sympathetic usually,i love her a lot.

Today, lovely Queen Rania visit the victims again...
(photos from getty & polfoto)

AMMAN, JORDAN: Queen Rania of Jordan and the wife of UN Secretary General Kofi Annan, Nane visit 11 November 2005 Randa Yaaqub, a Jordanian woman who was injured in this week's hotel blasts in Amman, at a hospital in the Jordanian capital. An Iraqi married couple and two other men carried out the suicide bombings at three hotels in Amman which killed 57 people this week, al Qaeda in Iraq said in an Internet statement.

Attachments

• 56140769.jpg
    56140769.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 271
  • 56140801.jpg
    56140801.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 291
  • 56140831.jpg
    56140831.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 269
  • AP461696_guest.jpg
    AP461696_guest.jpg