Swedish State Visit to Jordan: November 15-17; 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyFinn

Imperial Majesty
City
Southwest
Country
Finland
Last edited by a moderator:
The King and Queen of Jordan didn't go to the airport to welcome the King and Queen of Sweden personally?

According to Petra News Agency they were received by HRH Prince Ali bin Al Hussein, head of the delegation accompanying King Carl, and HRH Princess Rym Ali, head of the delegation accompanying Queen Silvia.

Petra's statement.

The King and Queen of Jordan didn't go to the airport to welcome the King and Queen of Sweden personally?

I don't think that is unusual as the Greeting Ceremonies normally take place later.In other monarchies the Crown Prince or Princess often greet the guests at the airport.

King Carl Gustaf's press statement in connection with the state visit to Jordan, he said among other things
"I am pleased that our first state visit abroad for almost three years brings us to Jordan, now that the pandemic has finally started to ease up. We have had the pleasure of visiting your beautiful country several times, both officially and on private visits as well.
Four years ago, our daughter Crown Princess Victoria and Her husband Prince Daniel made an official visit to your country. I know that they have many fond memories from that."
H.M. Konungens pressuttalande i samband med statsbesök till Jordanien _ Kungahuset

Last edited:
Might there be a state dinner of some sort this evening?

Might there be a state dinner of some sort this evening?

Yes, according to the program of the visit the Jordanian royal couple hosts a state banquet at the Al-Husseinieh Palace.
Tomorrow evening king Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia host a reception, with a focus on organic and sustainable gastronomy created by the Swedish chef Paul Svensson.

King Carl Gustaf gave a speech at the state banquet, he said among other things:
"My grandfather, King Gustaf VI Adolf, was a devoted archaeologist. I have seen some fascinating photographs from his visit to one of your national treasures, the ancient city of Petra in the 1930’s.
When the Queen and I made our first state visit to Jordan, in 1989, we walked in my grandfather’s footsteps in Petra. We also had the opportunity to see the Baptism Site of Jesus Christ at “Bethany beyond the Jordan”. It was a unique and moving experience, and a reminder of our shared history and all that unites us."
H.M. Konungens tal vid statsbankett i samband med statsbesök till Jordanien _ Kungahuset

Last edited:
No tiaras at a State Banquet hosted by another Monarchy!

And not even black tie as dresscode. What a letdown. But why is King Abdullah wearing suit and tie and the Crown Prince a tradtional outfit?

It seems that Crown Prince Hussein's bride did not attend the banquet. It would be interesting if she started to participate in the events of the royal house.

Other video:

Looks like Crown Prince Hussein wasn't awarded the Order of the Seraphim, as could be expected for heirs to the throne. The button he's wearing isn't the light blue one with a Seraph, but looks more like the one for the Order of the Polar Star.

Wonder if King Abdullah was awarded the Collar of the Order of the Seraphim, as is custom for a monarch during a second state visit.

Of course queen Silvia met also princess Majda (born Margaretha Inga Elisabeth Lind in Sweden), the founder of Al Hussein Society, at the visit to the Society.
https://image.svenskdam.se/sdlzxafa...7246022&width=1600&height=1313&compression=80
Drottning Silvias nya spektakulära look – se bilderna! _*Svensk Dam

The Jordanian state visit has already produced great results on day two.
Jordan will open an embassy in Stockholm. ​​Jordan's main airline Royal Jordanian will also open a direct route between Stockholm and Amman. During a business forum earlier in the day, a cooperation agreement on public transport was also signed.
- It is very positive, says the king.
The king is pleased and says that trips like this are important. There are 10 million people living in Jordan and not all of them may have huge purchasing power, but there are great opportunities for the future.
Earlier in the day, the royal couple visited the King Hussein Cancer Centre. Queen Silvia said that she visited the hospital thirty years ago and they have developed a lot. They are the center not only of Jordan but of the entire region. There was also a fond reunion between the royal couple and Princess Madeleine's close friend Caroline Leksell Cooke. Her and her father's family company Elekta has donated equipment to the hospital.
Statsbesöket har gett stora resultat

Caroline Leksell Cooke beside queen Silvia
Pic
https://api.solwee.com/data/large-preview/4/0/0737928545/profimedia-0737928545.jpg

The Swedish Royal Court about the second day
Statsbesök till Jordanien – dag*2 _ Kungahuset
The Swedish Royal Court about today, the last day
Statsbesök till Jordanien – dag*3 _ Kungahuset

In the Zaatari refugee camp over 80,000 people live in small square barracks. What was initially a few tents for the first hundred refugees who crossed the border in the desert landscape resembles a city ten years later.
- Most everything is here, such as schools and activity centres. And we've looked into a room here where they can use computers and get some training. It is clear that you are always a refugee and that is what is so boring and terrible.
The King says that it is very difficult for many refugees to get a work permit and the opportunity to work. But there is hope and the situation for the refugees is developing all the time.
- Now we've only been here for a few hours and it's all very complex. But many have assimilated in Jordan, they have jobs and live tolerably in various places around the area.
Kungen_ Självklart ska man bidra och hjälpa

Photos of the visit at Facebook of the Swedish Embassy
Embassy of Sweden in Amman - Etusivu _ Facebook

Photos from the farewell ceremony
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhybSQyWIAAzYGc?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhybSQ6WQAAuAqt?format=jpg&name=large

Aftonbladet's royal expert Jenny Alexandersson interviewed the king and queen
Pic

It has been a great honor and privilege to present to their Majesties King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of #Sweden the challenges of #foodsecurity, #Climate change, #water and #energy in #Jordan & the region and how FAO is tackling these challenges.

Today, we were honored to receive His Majesty King Carl XVI Gustaf and Her Majesty Queen Silvia of Sweden at the camp.
The camp refugees were excited to interact with their Majesties.

Photos from Instagram of Rania Shemoun Olsson, the host of "Kungahuset", TV4's annual program about the royal family.
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

It felt more like an Official Visit rather than a State Visit and no tiara's or orders.

Back
Top Bottom