Queen Noor's Future

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bubbette said:
She's been seeing an executive here in the US for many yeras.

But Jim Kimsey is also seen out and about squiring the likes of opera star Renee Fleming. So who knows whether that is such a great relationship?! :confused:
Anyway, he's not known in business circles as a very nice man, despite his foundation work. I kinda hope QN has better taste in men, though he does have a lot of money, which it seems she is drawn to like moths to a lamp post.

papillon said:
Whatever. You're entitled to your opinion. I've got my own means, so there's no need for envy.

Justification? Well, her position in life, oodles of news articles saying she's a spender, photos of her in designer and couture clothes.

Are you just in the mood for a fight? Because I don't have any interest in one. It will be very one way. ;)

Hey, let's not forget the perogatives of Royalty.....mainly designers, jewellers and others who love to see their items on high profile figures......Look at the Lady Dior.....not the greatest looking bag....but Diana wore it once and suddenly 2 year wait and new price of $2200.00.......So Noor can look like a million dollars w/o spending what you and I would.

Mr. Kinsey

If you read the gossip columns and W, you will see him w/other women or referred to as being w/other women. I have heard him described as a serial dater of "important" women.......Who better to have on your arm as a Queen....or rich socialite......or famous actress.......etc. He's not looking for a commitment; he's having too much fun doing what he's doing!

Wonder what happened to QN's prospects for working at the UN?! :confused: Wasn't she quoted as saying in a "Washington Post" interview earlier this year that she was in discussions with Kofi Annan, and they were close to making an announcement? Has anyone heard anything further?

Is it just me, or does QN seem so out of place in her current role? She almost seems like a woman without a country. She's looking more and more like Empress Farah Diba everyday.

I agree with you. She kind of reminds me of Priscilla Presley still making a living out of being Elvis' ex, although she has done a great job managing the Elvis business interests.

I agree Bubbette. She is totally lost. Let's be honest, she was run out of Jordan and I don't think that she feels comfortable in the U.S.

I was looking at some of Noor's older pictures and you can see that right after King Hussein's death, she still carried out quite a few duties in Jordan. Over the last couple of years, however, she seems to have been visiting Jordan less and less and only makes appearances at events related to the late King or perhaps to fill in for Rania. Its sad to see the two Queens not getting along. But maybe thats how they prefer things to be.

I have noticed that she hasn't shown up for the past two weddings in Jordan. I don't know what is going on there, but Princess Muna is around more and more these days. I used to believe that she was spending more time abroad than in Jordan by choice, but it doesn't seem that way. I almost get the feeling that she has been run out. I just thought that it was odd and sad that she wasn present for neither the weddings of Haya or Ali. After all, she raised them for the most part and remember Haya even being quoted once as saying that she owed a lot to Queen Noor. I wonder what has happened?

If I were Queen Noor, I wouldn't let them run me out of anywhere. Her son is still the Crown Prince and she should let her presence be known. Who cares if certain people don't like her or don't want her there (Rania). They would simply have to deal with it if it were me. I would be civil, put I wouldn't let ANYONE push me around or make me feel uncomfortable.

i thought qnoor was at the 'non party' for Ali. the one on the cliff.

and if qnoor brings good publicity to mo-she will be at their wedding party later this year. haya be damned.

Isabel said:
I have noticed that she hasn't shown up for the past two weddings in Jordan. I don't know what is going on there, but Princess Muna is around more and more these days. I used to believe that she was spending more time abroad than in Jordan by choice, but it doesn't seem that way. I almost get the feeling that she has been run out. I just thought that it was odd and sad that she wasn present for neither the weddings of Haya or Ali. After all, she raised them for the most part and remember Haya even being quoted once as saying that she owed a lot to Queen Noor. I wonder what has happened?

If I were Queen Noor, I wouldn't let them run me out of anywhere. Her son is still the Crown Prince and she should let her presence be known. Who cares if certain people don't like her or don't want her there (Rania). They would simply have to deal with it if it were me. I would be civil, put I wouldn't let ANYONE push me around or make me feel uncomfortable.

Isabel said:
yeah but perhaps she thinks she has to tread carefully in order to avoid jeopardizing her son's position as Crown Prince. Lets face it, she cant really afford to "displease" Abdullah and Rania. But I think it'll all be in vain in the end, prince Hussein will end up becoming the next crown prince once he's old enough.
And even if she is in Jordan, she doesnt receive as much attention as the King and Queen. Maybe Noor feels that staying abroad is more dignifying. She certainly gets more attention in the US at present.

I would disagree

paloma said:
I agree Bubbette. She is totally lost. Let's be honest, she was run out of Jordan and I don't think that she feels comfortable in the U.S.
She was born an American and raised in America. What makes you think she is out of place. It seems like to me she is doing just fine in America. She has friends here and seems well connected. Come on, she was educated at Princeton and attended private schools in America before going to college. If you ask me she seemed out of place in Jordan even while King Hussein was alive. For goodness sakes, when the king became ill he came to America for treatment at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota not London.

In my humble opinion, Queen Noor stuck out like a soar thumb in Jordan and believe me the Jordanians didn't immediately warm to her either. It took time for the people to truly warm to her as a young woman. I don't even think she could really indenitfy with the Jordanian people. I don't think they saw her as one of them a " Jordanian." To many Jordanians, it seemed to me as though she was preceived to be the American women, with her blond hair and blue eyes, who had captured the heart of their king.

Sadly, though, when King Hussein died I had the strangest feeling that without him she would fade into nothing in Jordan. Also when the announcement came that Abdullah (the older prince not crown prince) would be taking power. I will never forget I was in K-mart and came across a magazine with a cover of Queen Rania after her husband's coronation. I then thought to myself Queen Noor will found her way home (meaning America). I am glad she has comeback because without king Hussein at her side and watching her back she had no place in Jordan. It is sad to say but so very true. She was an outsider who got "in" because she married the country's ruler (leader), and subsuquently had some more of his childern. Yet, we all must live and learn and so did Queen Noor.

I think Q. Noor already knows that Hamzah will never be king. So she is preparing a life for her children after all is said and done. I'm sure she is trying to make sure that they have enough financial assets to live in a matter befitting a senior member of a royal house. I think also that she is paying the price for trying to put Hamzah in line for the throne. Q. Noor was also not the easiest person to work for. She was known to be very high-strung and extremely critical. She made more than her fair share of enemies during her hey-day.

KA is not my favorite but he has every right to be king, it is his birth right. The birth right is not Hamzah's; he has four older brothers who have done nothing to warrant their being passed over. It is also P. Hussein's birth right to be the current Crown Prince and I believe he eventually will be. As Rania said in an interview with Vanity Fair, P. Hussein will have to prove himself. I think the Jordanian people will eventually want to see the throne pass to the next generation; and they will grow tired of P. Hamzah because of Q. Noor.

bluetortuga said:
KA is not my favorite but he has every right to be king, it is his birth right. The birth right is not Hamzah's; he has four older brothers who have done nothing to warrant their being passed over. It is also P. Hussein's birth right to be the current Crown Prince and I believe he eventually will be.
I agree completely. As the oldest son, it was Abdullah's right to be King. Same goes for Prince Hussein. One must learn to set aside personal biases when it comes to such important matters. You cant simply break the rules and pick a "favourite" to be the next King. The Late King Hussein should have realized that. I think it was unfair of him to expect Hamzah to be declared Crown Prince just becaue he happened to be Noor's son.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
As the oldest son, it was Abdullah's right to be King. Same goes for Prince Hussein. One must learn to set aside personal biases when it comes to such important matters. You cant simply break the rules and pick a "favourite" to be the next King. The Late King Hussein should have realized that. I think it was unfair of him to expect Hamzah to be declared Crown Prince just becaue he happened to be Noor's son.
Couldn't be said any better.

QN had "relationships" with men--dating relationships in college. One was Pat Patterson, who was interviewed in "People" after her engagement was announced. He is the son of a man who was a popular coach then. He expressed amazement at her engagement to a King as he said she was so free-spirited and independent, being the wife of a King seemed so unlike her. I believe she dated some other men but that is to be expected.

These rumors--oh my word, so many, QN did this, QN did that, QA was murdered because Queen Zein didn't like her,.....on and on.....but like the ring of enormous value QN purchased and the estate in Florida which was very grand she decided to buy on a whim, EVERYONE had seen a bill of sale but no one could produce one. These rumors fuel perceptions some people have and are usually just a bill of goods, totally untrue. The poor woman--QN--cries at a funeral and suddenly has Israeli blood. She wept when she heard Sadat had been killed too---did that make her egyptian?

I hate rumors.....They are so easy to create, so hard to disprove and so willingly accepted as fact by many.....and I am not just talking the JRF. It goes on with everyone. When I started my new job a few years ago, a mean-spirited secretary felt I was getting more credit for something she had done so she told people--I soon found out--I had had 5 husbands by age 30!!!! I am still looking for 4 of them as I only recall getting married once. I clearly am missing out on a lot of alimony.......darn it.

I have the QN interview promoting her book with Larry King on in the background. It is so coincidental as she is talking about how much she hated being "exposed to viscious gossip--it was eating away at me!" She said she didn't know how to handle it at first and it affected her terribly as she would read things and be totally shocked that such stuff would merit being repeated, let alone being reported. She also gets in a few comments about the horrible gossip "revealed by those the King had asked to help her--gossip was, unfortunately, part of their nature and I didn't even know many of those being gossiped about." In her book, she says his assistant in England had strong opinions and negative ones "she enjoyed sharing about KH's family, all his ex-wives, friends, even his children....." So, she is well aware of this kind of thing and despises it as much as we do!!!!! Whether directed at her or at others..... (OK, I'm going out on a limb here but whomever that assistant was would've been long gone after QN's experience with her! I wonder if she told KH this lady was talking negatively and spreading cruel rumors about his loved ones.....I would have!) I guess that's the problem with being a celebrity or royal; you have to have people you can rely on.....and you HOPE you can trust them.....but they are in positions to acquire enough information and could really do damage to you via books, etc. Just look at Princess Diana.....You become a bit trapped, it would seem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dating in America is part of the culture..Noor is an American and like many girls/women, she most probably dated before getting officially married..And whether she dated a white or a black does not make a difference at least to me...what really should matter (IMO) how many she dated if ever and whether she has any siblings before her marriage...

Again, the question Monalisa asked when she opened the thread is subject to all speculations because no one seems to know for sure the exact answer...And we are not so sure whether Noor herself says the entire truth or she is hiding some of it for whatever reasons she has...
  • There are some who believe in the topic of this discussion.
  • There are others who reject it and consider it a rumor.
  • And there are others who are in the middle: it could be possible as it could be a rumor...

Last edited:
Rumors are mean-spirited. I think we all agree. I live in the US, like Sommone, and understand completely. Fortunately, I was raised by a father who said: The only people worth having a prejudice against are those who are prejudiced. Having said that, he suffered a stroke at age 42 and was called a "cripple" and other derogatory terms to his face. But, what I really wanted to do was broaden this just a bit before dropping it. Time and again, I read or see on videos that Jordan is a country in which gossip has risen almost to an "art form." The very wealthy who really attack the Queen Noors and Ranias are even referred to as "the chattering classes." Why is this or is it even true? I mean, in the US, tabloids like the "national enquirer" are filled with innuendo and gossip and while no one admits to buying them, someone must be because they remain in business and make quite a profit annually. Is there a particular fascination among the people of Jordan with the JRF? (While Diana was around, gossip in the UK about her and the Windsors was omnipresent--now, it seems not to exist except for the occasional Harry or "Wills" did this or that piece). In the US, we don't focus a lot on the lives of Presidents, with some exceptions. Anyway, it just seems there is SO MUCH it appears to be disproportionate in Jordan. Could someone who lives or has been there please comment? Is the JRF that much of a fascination with the people and DO people believe these rumors? I read that it was all mostly made up and disseminated among the wealthier echelons....and that the average Jordanian is not that preoccupied. It was said QN was an easy mark because--and this is a quote from a wealthy woman who lives in Jordan--"maybe it was because she worked and many of us do not so she made us feel inadequate or some of it started with 'she is American; why would KH marry her and not my daughter?'" And, again, if you can be jailed for criticizing the King but can say what you will about the Queen, who are you going to focus on? This lady said "it's a way of getting at him w/o getting arrested." I have a head cold so sorry if this is rambling; hope you get the gist. Thanks for understanding......

Well I would not be surprised if the ppl believed those rumours. Afteralll many of them and the ppl around them belieev the craziest conspiracy theories about the U.S. In fact I jsut rememred an interview Noor gave to LArry King. SHe said that she would not be photograped with her close friend-I think he is either the Apple comp. guys or the amazon.com guy-b/c ppl in Jordan, etc. would think that they were married and that they would not be able to consider the fact that they were just friends. I would not be surprised if most Jordanians believe esome of those crazy things.

Interesting! And prudent of QN! Was this a recent interview? She appears more and more frequently on Larry King......I know she's trying to get him to do a profile on the "Seeds of Peace" program! Which I, personally, would enjoy seeing.
Reina said:
Well I would not be surprised if the ppl believed those rumours. Afteralll many of them and the ppl around them belieev the craziest conspiracy theories about the U.S. In fact I jsut rememred an interview Noor gave to LArry King. SHe said that she would not be photograped with her close friend-I think he is either the Apple comp. guys or the amazon.com guy-b/c ppl in Jordan, etc. would think that they were married and that they would not be able to consider the fact that they were just friends. I would not be surprised if most Jordanians believe esome of those crazy things.

This was in, whm, I believe either 1999 or 2000. Maybe 2000. But it was soon after KH's death.

Last edited by a moderator:
This week in spanish magazine say that Queen Noor have a relation with millonaire a ex-director of AOL

salma said:
This week in spanish magazine say that Queen Noor have a relation with millonaire a ex-director of AOL

Well they are good friends. But, and as I stated in another post, she said in an interview that she was not going out with him, but that she would not be photographed with him cuz ppl in Jordan and the surrouding region would think that they were married or going together. But who knows, maybe now they are together. BUt she also said that her kids would not want her in another relationship. However this interview was a year or less after KH died, so maybe alot has changed.

In Semanal Magazine. In this magazine to appear a article about the decision of King Abdullah to remove the tittle of crownprince to Hamzah (sorry for my english laila)

salma said:
In Semanal Magazine. In this magazine to appear a article about the decision of King Abdullah to remove the tittle of crownprince to Hamzah (sorry for my english laila)
this weeks Semana? I have no problems with your enghlish hun;) ,
anyway thanks for your answer.:)

love laila

Reina said:
Well they are good friends. But, and as I stated in another post, she said in an interview that she was not going out with him, but that she would not be photographed with him cuz ppl in Jordan and the surrouding region would think that they were married or going together. But who knows, maybe now they are together. BUt she also said that her kids would not want her in another relationship. However this interview was a year or less after KH died, so maybe alot has changed.
I do think Noor should meet a man, she's still young, well, she's 53, and I wonder why do her kids want her to live the rest of her life by herself, that's very selfish of them-

Well if she marries, she'll lose the title of Queen and with it, the little bit of influence she has left in the Royal Family. Especially now when her son is no longer CP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom