Queen Alia's children after her death

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maryshawn said:
Perhaps she heard this from her mother and then her nanny and father.....so while not a true memory, it could've been passed along to her---you know how it is "when your mother was alive, you asked her.....and she said...."

This seems far more likely to me, too. Either that or P. Haya had a fertile imagination as a child and can no longer separate fact from fantasy.

papillon said:
Well, I'm sure it is nice to be P. Hamzah and P. Haya! At least they get to live with the certainty that they were loved and cherished above all the others.

But I really hope the next generation of royals has less complicated love lives and/or fewer children, the latter especially if they are not good at parenting. The bad parenting gene runs in vicious cycles within families. This is borne out in empirical studies. . .it'd be a shame if each of KH's offspring has as many children as he had (unless they get therapy. . .could probably get group rates or a quantity discount on that :) ).

I hope they all know that their father loved them. I hope at some point he took the time out to relay that message to them every chance he got.

Queen Noor as Mum to Alia's Children

In an article written in 1988, QN said she felt it was important for ALL the children to go to places to be educated where they were not the "sons and daughters of a King." Her children were shipped off to boarding schools too. Noor, herself, is a product of boarding school from jr. high on--and I think KH went to an English school (Harrow?)..........

I am not going to criticize their decisions to send the children abroad for schooling. Pity the poor teacher who sits down at teacher-royal parent conferences and says "Hamzah isn't very good with his studies...." Or reprimanding the kids: "Your Royal Highness, please don't graffitti the walls of the classroom....." Yes, this is irony. But I do understand the pressures of getting those kids into schools where they are not considered "above" the rest of the kids.

Having said all this, I think an exception may have been made for Abir, Haya and Ali. I think they should have been with their father as much as possible and grown up in a stable home. Losing a mother so young and losing their father, first to his grief and then to a look-alike Alia, had to be so hard.

Questions, comments, protests?

i think it is a shame that QA died so young but with regards to the contast well spring of pity targeted at Abir, Haya and Ali post KH's death, now that has to stop. the children were grown by then and this is the natural cycle of life. (they might not teach that in posh boarding schools but in public school i was taugh the cycle of life naturally results in death.) also KH's death wasn't sudden-they knew it was coming. i'm sorry they lost their mother so young but the constant emoting regarding KH is a little overworked if you ask me. (i am not being a hard a$$ (i lost most of my family before i turned 21) but i am a realist.)

these kids seem to have a hard go at life. but i think what they have been threw is not that dissimilar than what many of us have experienced. the difference is that we naturally equate 'royalty' with 'fairytale' not 'reality'.

maryshawn said:
In an article written in 1988, QN said she felt it was important for ALL the children to go to places to be educated where they were not the "sons and daughters of a King." Her children were shipped off to boarding schools too. Noor, herself, is a product of boarding school from jr. high on--and I think KH went to an English school (Harrow?)..........

I am not going to criticize their decisions to send the children abroad for schooling. Pity the poor teacher who sits down at teacher-royal parent conferences and says "Hamzah isn't very good with his studies...." Or reprimanding the kids: "Your Royal Highness, please don't graffitti the walls of the classroom....." Yes, this is irony. But I do understand the pressures of getting those kids into schools where they are not considered "above" the rest of the kids.

Having said all this, I think an exception may have been made for Abir, Haya and Ali. I think they should have been with their father as much as possible and grown up in a stable home. Losing a mother so young and losing their father, first to his grief and then to a look-alike Alia, had to be so hard.

Ipi Tombe said:
these kids seem to have a hard go at life. but i think what they have been threw is not that dissimilar than what many of us have experienced.
It's true. . .these events happen (sadly) all too routinely to people, and most have nowhere near the resources to deal with them as did/do KH, QA, QN, and their children.

One of the things that tugs at me, though, with respect to P. Haya, P. Ali, and Abeer is that KH's extended family was willing to pitch in, step up to the plate, take on additional responsibility when they really didn't have to in order to ensure that these children got their fair share of nurturing. But, for some reason, they were farmed out to boarding schools, where it would be almost guaranteed they wouldn't receive nurturing. Don't know about Abeer, but the other two seem to still be paying the price of that decision in their adulthoods.

Still, now that they are adults, they need to make the best of their circumstances and take responsibility for their own choices. I'm feeling hopeful for P. Ali, but P. Haya???!!! Not so confident about her prospects for a happier life.

my own pessmistic predictions for dear haya is she is going to face a similar fate as christina onassis. rich, spoiled, bored, lonely, dead.

alot of similarities between these two.

papillon said:
It's true. . .these events happen (sadly) all too routinely to people, and most have nowhere near the resources to deal with them as did/do KH, QA, QN, and their children.

One of the things that tugs at me, though, with respect to P. Haya, P. Ali, and Abeer is that KH's extended family was willing to pitch in, step up to the plate, take on additional responsibility when they really didn't have to in order to ensure that these children got their fair share of nurturing. But, for some reason, they were farmed out to boarding schools, where it would be almost guaranteed they wouldn't receive nurturing. Don't know about Abeer, but the other two seem to still be paying the price of that decision in their adulthoods.

Still, now that they are adults, they need to make the best of their circumstances and take responsibility for their own choices. I'm feeling hopeful for P. Ali, but P. Haya???!!! Not so confident about her prospects for a happier life.

maryshawn said:
Except that Q. Noor's children did not go to boarding school till they were 13 or so. Iman left Jordan earlier but that was her choice as she was particularly close to her aunt, Noor's sister, so she chose at about 11 to go and live with her and her family. All the older children went off much earlier, to what in England is called 'prep' school, at about 8 or 9 years of age. But I think the late King could also have put his foot down. He himself did not go to boarding school in England until he was sixteen. :(

Last edited:
Ipi Tombe said:
my own pessmistic predictions for dear haya is she is going to face a similar fate as christina onassis. rich, spoiled, bored, lonely, dead.

alot of similarities between these two.
Please God, no. That would be too awful, whatever mistakes you may think she has made in her life, or whatever character faults she may ior may not have. Most people are victims of their upbringing ( no spoilt children, only spolit parents ) and she certainly is. That may not make her a nice person, but lets not wish her dead. :(

so you are saying that all the whining about ali and haya being booted off to prep school/boarding school/whatever is pretty irrelevant since ALL of KH's kids were shipped off. mommy or no mommy?

you say that when the kids came home from school for the holidays the only people at home were nannies-maybe this was their choice.

just hear me out....

the kids went to english boarding school. QN & KH had quite a lovely house in england as does most arab royalty. maybe the kids left school, went to see daddy and stepmommy at their english country house and then decided that they wanted to go home to jordan to see their friends/relatives-what have you and traveled to jordan on their own to see these folks instead of hanging out at the farm with mom & dad?

i don't wish her dead...in a million years....all i'm saying is that she seems to demonstrate a similar attitude and decision making process as c.onassis. -very short sighted- i keep hoping this girl pulls her head out of whatever hole it has been in lately and starts taking charge of her life but as the days progress it seems she steps further down that hole day after day....

i would stand up and cheer if she demonstrated one ounce of the independance she is so famed for.

for goodness sakes...she could at least not quit showjumping....but she seems to have tossed that away also.

shelley said:
Please God, no. That would be too awful, whatever mistakes you may think she has made in her life, or whatever character faults she may ior may not have. Most people are victims of their upbringing ( no spoilt children, only spolit parents ) and she certainly is. That may not make her a nice person, but lets not wish her dead. :(

Alia's Children

Good points all and of course you don't wish to see her dead.....god, I hope she doesn't end up like Cristina Onassis! I wish she would come to her senses and spend lots of time in Jordan helping promote the causes dear to her parents. I know I keep saying this--but a book she keeps promising might be nice too. She did not turn out--yet--as I thought she was going to.....but she is young and still can turn her life around to be meaningful and enjoyable. That grim look on her face is so disturbing.......

Ipi Tombe said:
maybe the kids left school, went to see daddy and stepmommy at their english country house and then decided that they wanted to go home to jordan to see their friends/relatives-what have you and traveled to jordan on their own to see these folks instead of hanging out at the farm with mom & dad?
Maybe, but whatever the case, I still think that anything under 11/12 is way too young to go off to boarding school, unless there is a darned good reason. That is just my opinion. However, the Brits. built a whole empire on doing just that :( .

Shelley, I couldn't agree more.....I can't imagine sending a child off at that age; I stayed in the same city as my family for college for goodness sake! But, yes, the Brits have the art of sending kids to boarding schools down to an art form......and Americans (wealthy ones) do too. My father in law was shipped off to Andover, my mother was shipped off to a girl's school in Duluth, MN so the nuns could train her, Noor went to a few and so did Caroline and John Kennedy......those come to mind first. My ex husband went to boarding school and hated it. He was forever trying to come home and he was in high school. It caused a lack of closeness w/his parents I don't think he and his brother (who also was sent) will ever overcome. Interestingly enough, the youngest was not sent to boarding school and he has a very, very close relationship with his parents, is a trusting, nice person and certainly has much more emotional stability than his brothers. It depends on the person but boarding school is not my first choice--for anyone. I loved coming home at night and seeing my parents--even in high school!

Could someone clarify something? Was Queen Alia 3-months pregnant at the time of the helicopter crash that killed her?

Raven

Raven Skies said:
Could someone clarify something? Was Queen Alia 3-months pregnant at the time of the helicopter crash that killed her?

Raven

First time I have heard of this one...

Queen Alia pregnant?

I have never heard that....and in letters and calls made shortly before her death she never said anything about it--I would think someone would've said something by now had she mentioned it. But anything is possible....After what happened to QA, I see photos of QN and Rania in helicopters and wonder if they ever think about their safety. But they write and talk about how much "fun" it is to dive in them and ride wildly about......I think it's just irresponsible.

These 2 photos are modified ones from MGA Producation, of course you probably had seen them tons of times. The reason why I posted them is that this is the first time I see Prince Ali and Princess Muna together, I can't recall any photos of them together ever--if there are ones, please point me to them. You also would had discussed Queen Alia's children relationship with Princess Muna but I don't have a clue about it, can someone fill me in? Thanks :)

Attachments

• 001alimuna.jpg
    001alimuna.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 610
  • 001alimuna2.jpg
    001alimuna2.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 604
Lords said:
These 2 photos are modified ones from MGA Producation, of course you probably had seen them tons of times. The reason why I posted them is that this is the first time I see Prince Ali and Princess Muna together, I can't recall any photos of them together ever--if there are ones, please point me to them. You also would had discussed Queen Alia's children relationship with Princess Muna but I don't have a clue about it, can someone fill me in? Thanks :)

i never heard PA or PH talks about her , but what i think that their relationship with PM is better than QN , as PM attended their weddings but Noor didn't at least to public , PM i think she was far from them as she lived in London and had her own kids , i don't know i like PM more than QN , as i think if she didn't give them anything she didn't take from them either .....

Thank you for the answer. Well, the thing that got me ask this question is that I read several things about the person who raised them after their mom's death. Some said PM, and some QN and Queen Zein was also mentioned, so who did actually took care of them? I saw many pictures of them when they were toddlers with QN but what about after that, the teenage days and so? When they come to Jordan for school, where do they stay? Did they have a residence, not just a place to "crash in"?
I too prefer PM to QN, she is a genuinely dedicated mother but again the reason that got me surprised about this photo is that I thought PM 's children didn't spend time with QA at all, not to mention posing for a picture, but there's a pic from MGA Production where all of PM's kids are there along with QA, so I thought if PM allowed her kids to spend time with their step mother then she must in return took care of PA and PH, even for a short while.
I assume now, or the past years too, PM would run into PA or PH whenever she visits KA as she is so attached to her grandchildren, since everybody is saying that KA and PA are so close and live nearby.
Anyway, whoever raised Ali and Haya did a tremendous job bringing them up as brilliant, charming and sophisticated the way they are.
Picture copyright MGA Production

Attachments

• pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Ojg7PSthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAVEANVUVFbFxgeHR8BR1JG.jpg
    pict_md_dnBdYHFnYWU1Ojg7PSthYXZjY2VxKDliemNoNGZza21FDhAVEANVUVFbFxgeHR8BR1JG.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 2,282
Last edited by a moderator:
Lords said:
Thank you for the answer. Well, the thing that got me ask this question is that I read several things about the person who raised them after their mom's death. Some said PM, and some QN and Queen Zein was also mentioned, so who did actually took care of them? I saw many pictures of them when they were toddlers with QN but what about after that, the teenage days and so? When they come to Jordan for school, where do they stay? Did they have a residence, not just a place to "crash in"?

I too prefer PM to QN, she is a genuinely dedicated mother but again the reason that got me surprised about this photo is that I thought PM 's children didn't spend time with QA at all, not to mention posing for a picture, but there's a pic from MGA Production where all of PM's kids are there along with QA, so I thought if PM allowed her kids to spend time with their step mother then she must in return took care of PA and PH, even for a short while.

I assume now, or the past years too, PM would run into PA or PH whenever she visits KA as she is so attached to her grandchildren, since everybody is saying that KA and PA are so close and live nearby.

Anyway, whoever raised Ali and Haya did a tremendous job bringing them up as brilliant, charming and sophisticated the way they are.

Picture copyright MGA Production

i want to thank u for saying nice things about PA and PH , we don't hear such things too much :)

well , you made very clear explanation , i think in their early years when QN wanted to own KH heart she took care of them to achieve her goal , as she entered KH house as a nanny to the little kids, so we can see many photos for them together as one family , then when she has her own kids everything changed , no more photos , no more one happy family , then maybe Zein had a role , but we don't see any clue to this , then they were sent to interior school, i don't think that they have one home , i think the others situation controls to where they should go , i don't think they had a stable life ,

PM i think she was good woman the picture talk to it self , PA is so close to KA which means that he is close to PM, in his wedding PM was very nice she went to his grand mother house not QN ,

and we shouldn't forget that they have their grand mother and i think she must played a central role , haya always talks about her like a very close relationship,

well, as u said it doesn't matter who raised them , the important thing is to see PA and PH going on in their life despite all the hard situations they faced

suria said:
i want to thank u for saying nice things about PA and PH , we don't hear such things too much :)
well , you made very clear explanation , i think in their early years when QN wanted to own KH heart she took care of them to achieve her goal , as she entered KH house as a nanny to the little kids, so we can see many photos for them together as one family , then when she has her own kids everything changed , no more photos , no more one happy family , then maybe Zein had a role , but we don't see any clue to this , then they were sent to interior school, i don't think that they have one home , i think the others situation controls to where they should go , i don't think they had a stable life ,
PM i think she was good woman the picture talk to it self , PA is so close to KA which means that he is close to PM, in his wedding PM was very nice she went to his grand mother house not QN ,
and we shouldn't forget that they have their grand mother and i think she must played a central role , haya always talks about her like a very close relationship,
well, as u said it doesn't matter who raised them , the important thing is to see PA and PH going on in their life despite all the hard situations they faced

I read in Arab Times about Noor's nanny role but I didn't know whether to believe the writer or not as he always sound so hostile against Arab Royalty. The site also mentioned Haya's grandmother, there was a picture actually but I couldn't find it now, that was the first time I see Ali and Haya's grandmother.

Am pretty sure their life wasn't stable, now I recall someone said they lived alone in Aqaba or something, years later of course—can't recall correctly.
No need to thank me, I just said what I strongly believe, and just because we don't read such nice here—though I read so many good stuff about them both here too—that doesn't mean they aren't incredible individuals, we can stick to what we believe, beside both Ali and Haya are well rounded persons with high sense of independency, what had been written here about them won't kill them, it would not kill Haya the criticism she got when married to Shk. Moh'd and Ali certainly won't get depressed over the comments about his weight gain or hair loss or even his lips! May God bless their hearts:eek: .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom