Queen Alia Al Hussein (1948-1977): Information and Pictures

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has anyone noticed that although QA is very loving, she is discriminating between her natural children and Abir. You can judge by seeing her several photos with the children that she is always hugging Haya and Ali and poor Abir is standing behind or sitting a little away.:ohmy:

I dont think so, actually i thought she was with abir more close bcause theres great pictures of her holding abir and very close to her even after she had her own childrens. also just fact that she cared so much about abir to adopt her while, i think, she was expecting haya says a lot.

I think Queen Alia with long hair and Queen Noor when she was younger looked alot alike.

Has anyone noticed that although QA is very loving, she is discriminating between her natural children and Abir. You can judge by seeing her several photos with the children that she is always hugging Haya and Ali and poor Abir is standing behind or sitting a little away.:ohmy:
JMO, but any woman who adopts a child has demonstrated a great degree of love to begin with.

Thanks to everyone for all these wonderful photographs and stories of King Hussein and especially of Queen Alia. a truly wonderful queen. Pity we have heard so little of her life and works over the years since her death.
Thanks to Princess Haya for creating the website in honour of her mother. Princess Haya looks so much like her beautiful mother.
Just one question, does anyone know what happened to Ibir, the little girl adopted by King Hussein and Queen Alia?
Thanks in advance
Taree

Queen Alia was a real lady; a real Queen. So natural and so stylish at the same time.

Vanesa.:)

Queen Alia was a beautiful woman, and seemed to be loving and caring as well. It is a shame that she died so young. However, she does have three accomplished children.

she did have 3 childrens, i think that in islam adopted are to be same as blood childs, but that probly happens naturaly. i doubt they would have adopted abir if theres no conections and Queen Alia i belive was said to have strong feeling with abir.

Looking at above pics and others posted in queen noor thread I find queen alia more attaractive in her early years of marrige than noor. Queen Noor became better when older.

after all italian designer Valentino is the royals favorite...but i didnt know at that time Queen Alia wore his dresses!:cool:

Alia was truly gorgeous - King Hussein gave her the title of Queen --- neither his first wife nor Muna were given the title of Queen
The airport in Amman is named for Queen Alia as is the national airline which (as I recall) did not please Queen Noor who wished to have those names changed -

Alia was truly gorgeous - King Hussein gave her the title of Queen --- neither his first wife nor Muna were given the title of Queen
The airport in Amman is named for Queen Alia as is the national airline which (as I recall) did not please Queen Noor who wished to have those names changed -

ALIA - the airline was named for Princess Alia, Kinh Hussein's daughter.

Salma, thank you so much for sharing this material and photos of Queen Alia. It is so wonderful to see your archive and generous of you to share. She was so full of life and vivacity. It is easy to see why King Hussein fell in love with her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Actully i think that kh first wife was queen untill divorce d then only princess:
Sharifa Dina bint 'Abdu'l-Hamid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Princess munas choice was to not be a queen.

also to yamamah isnt it named for queen alia, unless theres another ? :ermm:
Queen Alia International Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yamamah is right, while the airport was named after Queen Alia; ALIA - the national airline was named after the king's daughter.

U r right princess mahala ... the airport named after the late Queen alia ... the airlines company after princess Alia bint alhussein... Shareifa Dina was the queen of jordan till her Second marriage to Salah Altamari .

She remind me a lot of queen Noor. I think king Hussein remaried Noor because she was looked so much with his late wife.

This thread has now been cleaned up of empty posts and dead links.

We've created a separate thread for family pictures of King Hussien, Queen Alia and kids.

All family pictures must be posted here in future:

King Hussein & Queen Alia: Family Picture Thread

Humera
Jordanian Forum Moderator

It is hard to think that tomorrow, Alia willhave been dead for longer than she was alive. Such a young life to be taken - 32 years ago. God rest her soul. She is gone but not forgotten.

Queen Alia remembered
Jordan Times
(JT put wrong date I think Queen Alia married to King december 1972 not 1971)
Al-Rai

She married King Hussein on December 24, 1972.

Beautiful picture xavi83, it really captures the radiance of Alia, shows her big green eyes and those huge dimples she had. Gorgeous! Thank you :flowers:

Yes Xavi83, his memories of the time of her death and King Hussein's grief and his mother's reactions are very touching. Even today if I see a picture of the helicopter wreckage, it is hard to imagine someone as alive, vibrant and vivacious was in that twisted metal.

I agree Yamamah; today I remember sad pics of her funeral, the hug between King and Alia´s father.

Yamamah do you know why Queen Zein wasn´t present KHussein and QAlia´s wedding?

salma how did you know that they used to go when they are young? I thought it was difficult to do it when you are a child.

BTW haya looks beautiful.

salma how did you know that they used to go when they are young? I thought it was difficult to do it when you are a child.

Xavi I see pics of them in magazines:flowers:;). And yes I born years after. And since 1999 Haya and Ali visited too her mum´s tomb.

Back
Top Bottom