Princess Muna: Current Events 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i didn't know much about princess muna until this thread, thanks for the info and photos. she seems to be a very classy lady and as such respected by everybody. She is very attractive and looks beautiful and natural without imo artificial help. i so admire women who age gracefully, it gives me a good role model to resist dying my hair. i can embrace my gray and go on knowing i earned everyone of them lol

I wish that there is picture of princess muna wearing a tiara in the past or present.

fabulous link thanks altagrace
i was struck how princess haya looks like a young princess basma. princess muna looks so young, she was beautiful and still is imo

altagrace said:
There is one on this website. (I don't know how to copy the pictures)
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/imperialiran/persepolis4.html
This was taken in 1971 at the Persepolis fiesta in Iran when she was still married to the king.

Thank you altagrace.
I never saw a picture of princess Mouna when she was young like that. She was elegant en beautiful.

Princesse Haya and princess Basma look the same when they have the same age.

She looks wonderful for her age. So Elegant.

emily62_1 said:
did not know that, if so, why didn't she have any relationship with her husband, after he got married to Alia ? I know that KH could not stand her, he even accused P Muna to bash and slander his wife Noor and his 2 sons by her, saying that those rumours were - mean stuff said by a mean woman- those were his words, maybe not exactly, but very close to what he said, she even lived in UK and US with her 4 kids for a very long time after KH married Queen Alia, so I'm confused, if she was really still his wife, KH had an odd behaviour, and if so, why did she try to commit suicide when she learnt he was to get married to another woman ?

And yet who did KH turn to for comfort when QA died? P Muna--who was always there for him, according to Roland Dallas and other biographers. Muna was the one behind reuniting Dina and her daughter. She--I'd read--kept quiet even after the marriage to QN. Part of it may have been it was the terms of her settlement (Roland Dallas again) which prohibited her from talking about their marriage or saying things publicly criticiziing the King. I know very, very little about this woman but the fact she reunited Dina and her daughter makes her seem like a very good person at heart. She had nothing to gain in doing this. I think she was sorely disappointed when QA died and KH moved on as she may have thought he would marry her again and reunite their family. From the little I know, she and KH had a "fun" marriage, spending lots of time together doing things--she even taught him to swim. I felt bad for her in the shots at KA's wedding when she was definitely relegated to the background while KH and QN were front and center. Certainly, they could have made a little room for her as mother of the groom so she would enjoy her rightful respect that day.

Dear everyone,I would just like to point out the reason why princess Muna (ANTOİNETTE GARDİNER) could never be called a queen.I know for a fact that she never became a Muslim, that is why she could never ever be called a queen or the queen mother, eventhough she is the mother of king Abdullah II.You have to become a Muslim first to be called a queen of a muslim country.thankyou. NOOJ.

nooj said:
Dear everyone,I would just like to point out the reason why princess Muna (ANTOİNETTE GARDİNER) could never be called a queen.I know for a fact that she never became a Muslim, that is why she could never ever be called a queen or the queen mother, eventhough she is the mother of king Abdullah II.You have to become a Muslim first to be called a queen of a muslim country.thankyou. NOOJ.

I read she became Muslim??? I'll have to check my sources again. She speaks the language, yet she doesn't pratice? Correct me if I am wrong? I know it might not make a difference. I quite surprise. Doesn't matter anyway. Love her in the pink dress. Color suits her very well...

lil Monkey said:
well,my knowledge is humble when it comes to royal issues,but I THINK,I am not sure,the Jordanian constitution states that when the king divorces his wife she looses the title.
I know Queen DIna did loose the title ,cuz she remarried after KH.

The Jordian constitution makes no reference to female titles.

King Hussein's first wife H.M. Queen Dina did lose the title of HM Queen upon her divorce. However, she was created Her Royal Highness Princess Dina abdul-hamid on June 24, 1957 (the day of her divorce). She remains HRH Princess Dina Abdul-Hamid to this day despite her remarriage.

HRH Princess Muna al Hussein was born Antoinette Gardiner. She was created HRH Princess Muna al-Hussein on her marriage. She was premitted to retain this title after her divorce, and is still currently HRH Princess Muna al Hussein.

Princess Muna did, indeed, convert to Islam. If she had not converted Abdullah could never have become King. The constitution is very clear in that one must the be the child of Muslim parents (mother and father) to inherit rights to the throne. It is an absolute fact that she became muslim. The fact that Abdullah is King and that Faisel has succession rights is proof of this.

HRH Princess Firyal was also premitted to retain her title after her divorce, and is still HRH Princess Firyal.

Princess Noor Hamazh's mother was HRH until 2004 when she lost the style of Royal Highness for some reason but apparently not the title of Princess. I am still awaiting an email to clarify why she lost her personal style of Royal Highness. It could be that she chose to give it up.

nooj said:

Hi nooj,
This issue has already been discussed at the beginning of this thread, starting from the first page. Please have a look at those comments.
Princess Muna is a Muslim. She converted when she married King Hussein.

Please remember that speculation is not permitted on the Forums. While the moderating team encourages all types of discussions and opinions, speculation is not acceptable. If you make a statement, please be prepared to back it up.

Also, please be sure to review the threads to make sure that topics/issues/questions are not repeated.

Thank you.

I think she is a good person to stay in Jordan when the people did not like her marrying their then King Hussein and she's also a strong woman giving him children tho their marriage did not last she is a good mother to all of her children. I don't how she manages to stay away from not being in the news like other royas? But she does a good job at it.

Here is a weird question...did Princess Muna ever leave Jordan (other than for vacations) after her divorce? I am assuming, that the legal and physical custody of the kids went to King Hussein after the divorce? I believe that was teh case with the first wife, Queen Dina..is that correct?

I don't think she left, she remained in Amman but maintained a low profile.

Just love the photo of the little boy giving a kiss to P.M. She looks great as always. Thanks for sharing the photos. Love hearing or reading anything on this women.

She looks good. I don't hear about her as much as Queen Noor. Well, it's great that she got her honorary degree. King Abdullah looks very much like her.

Back
Top Bottom