Princess Basma & Family: News & Pictures

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ghazi el Daghestani, Princess Basma's son, weds to Ms.Samantha Mahdi el Saifi(?) (where are they from, I wonder).
Is he the cute guy Ppl mentioned here in the groups?Is he Princess Basma's only son? If this is Ghazi u guys were talking about, then I disagree with u, I dun think he's as cute as Hamzah ,Ali or Hashim, he isn't even close to being as cute as they are!

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jun/19/12431I.htm
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jun/19/12432I.htm

Congrats the couple :) and best wishes :)

congratulations to both the families.
I hope we'll see pictures of the reception like we did when Farah Daghistani got married.

lil Monkey said:
She looks old,doesn't she?

I think she's either 29 or 28. Her mother is German who loves horses and her father is a very wealthy Jordanian. I think she has an older sister and an older brother.

Congratulations to Princess Basma and her family!

Is this a TREND???
Jordan Royal Family get married with people out Jordan.

congratulations to princess basma and her famely

Engagement of Ghazi Timoor Al Daghistani to Samanta Saifi</STRONG>
/25/
For Newspapers only
===================

Amman, June 19 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II and Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah accompanied by Her Royal Highness Princess Basma bint Talal and her spouse Walid Al Kurdi attended the Katb al Kitab ceremony this evening of Ghazi Timoor Al Daghistani and Samanta Mahdi Saifi.

The ceremony, hosted by Mr. and Mrs. Mahdi Saifi, the parents of the bride, was also attended by other members of the Royal family, Mr. and Mrs. Timoor Al Daghistani and several members of the bride's family.
Wardat/Petra

19/06/2006 22:45:47

He married a Jordanian of Palestenian origin ..where is the " people out of Jordan" part coming from:confused: ?

Al-Saifi family is well known family originally from Nablus area in Palestine and has teh Jordanian Nationality ...As over 70 % of Jordanian are of Palestenian origin ...

He didn't marry a foreigner ..and i don't see why he couldn't ..love don't know any bounderies, ethnicity or Religion:) ..
Joumana said:
Is this a TREND???
Jordan Royal Family get married with people out Jordan.

Ummm she meant a jordanain as (an Original jordanian).
Dear Jumana, this happend once , some prince married a women from Al-Majali, but It never happend again and I highly doubt it will ever happen, for a few reasons, and Prince Hassan in one of his interviews on Al-Arabiay channel made some of them clear, even in Arabtimes cartoons they make fun of that,It's not allowed here in Jordan to open Arabtimes but I used to do so when I was in USA.
Salwa ur right, 70% of the jordanian population aren't (originally Jordanian), there are Jordanians from palestinian Origins,Plaestinians (in the refuge camps),Iraqi's and other nationalities, Jordanians from Jordanian Origins do not represent 30% of the population.

lil Monkey said:
Ummm she meant a jordanain as (an Original jordanian).

That's exactely what i mean.

King Hussein from Egypte, England, Palestina and Sweden.
Prince Hassan From Pakistan.

King Abdullah from Palestina.
Prince faycal from Syria.
Prince Ali from Algeria.
Prince Hashem from Saudia Arabia.
Princess Haya from Dubai.
Princess Badia From Deutschland.
Princess Farah bint Basma from Saudia Arabia.

I would hardly say that Queen Noor is from Sweden and I bet you the Swedish people wouldn't consider her Swedish. Her mother's family came from Sweden, but her mother's American and so was Noor, now I would consider her a combination of both Jordanian and American.

I thought that Badia's husband is from England? No?

As for Samantha--she was born in Jordan. Doesn't that make her a Jordanian? Come on! This separating based on family name causes so many unnecessary problems in Jordan. Is queen Rania Palestinian or Jordanian? I think she's a Jordanian. Is King Abdullah English, Saudi or Jordanian? He's Jordanian of course. Most of the world is a mixture of many different cultures, let's imbrace that.

Joumana said:
That's exactely what i mean.

King Hussein from Egypte, England, Palestina and Sweden.
Prince Hassan From Pakistan.

King Abdullah from Palestina.
Prince faycal from Syria.
Prince Ali from Algeria.
Prince Hashem from Saudia Arabia.
Princess Haya from Dubai.
Princess Badia From Deutschland.
Princess Farah bint Basma from Saudia Arabia.

niki said:
I would hardly say that Queen Noor is from Sweden and I bet you the Swedish people wouldn't consider her Swedish. Her mother's family came from Sweden, but her mother's American and so was Noor, now I would consider her a combination of both Jordanian and American.

I thought that Badia's husband is from England? No?

As for Samantha--she was born in Jordan. Doesn't that make her a Jordanian? Come on! This separating based on family name causes so many unnecessary problems in Jordan. Is queen Rania Palestinian or Jordanian? I think she's a Jordanian. Is King Abdullah English, Saudi or Jordanian? He's Jordanian of course. Most of the world is a mixture of many different cultures, let's imbrace that.

I agree, best example is queen noor, when she is from sweden, then she is from syria too, or she is simply an american, with parents from sweden and syria, and now a jordanian.
king abdullah from jordan... he is the king of jordan, but originally,the family is from saudi arabia.

i think the personal origin is in the country you were born and grew up.and the family origin is there, where the ancestors come from.

Its more complicated than that guys, that is how things should be, since they have Jordanian passports (those of them who do have a Jordanian pass. I.e Rania,Samantha..etc) should be concidered Jordanian . but the rest do/did not have jordanian passports. (fahdah,Ghaida,Areej,Dina,Liza(QN),Muna,Tharwat...etc.), So bsically they aren't Jordanian.

It is well known they are not allowed (or would not) marry Jordanians (Original Jordanian), because they want to stay away from the hasle and headache of marying from family X and not family Y , from the north but not from the south, etc etc etc (As I said before Prince Hassan talked about that in one of his interviews). It's heartbreaking to know this is how they think, but it is true. :(

lil Monkey said:
(fahdah,Ghaida,Areej,Dina,Liza(QN),Muna,Tharwat...etc.), So bsically they aren't Jordanian. :(

Who is Areej?

Joumana said:
Who is Areej?

She´s the wife of HRH Prince Ghazi bin Mohammed.

perhaps my Observation come late but I have to ask why the royal familly don't get married to the jordanians peoples :wacko: I have some friend from jordan and I am sure that there is a beautiful girls and handsome boys there with a good education. I really don't understand??????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
This has been discussed before like a 100 times, read the thread, (page 6 and begining of page 7) and u'll find the answer.

lil Monkey said:
This has been discussed before like a 100 times, read the thread, (page 6 and begining of page 7) and u'll find the answer.
I read it but I am not Convinced and I just think that someone have a really good Interpretations. you can't Denie that's Strange .no????

Please try to stay on topic.

As this thread is about Princess Basma and her family, the nationalities of those who marry into the ENTIRE JORDANIAN FAMILY is irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom