Princess Badiya & Khalid Blair: Current Events 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
elizahawthorne said:
Is Princess Badiya the youngest of the three daughters of Prince Hassan?

Yes eliza. Princess Badiya el Hassan born born on the 28th of March 1974; Princess Sumaya born 14th May 1971 and Princess Rahma born August 13th, 1969

Only Princess Rahma and Princess Sumaya are married. Princess Rahma married Alaa Batanyeh and they have one daughter. Princess Sumaya married Nasser Judeh and they have four children, two sons and two daughters. Princess Badiya is engaged to Khalid Blair and they are expected to be married sometime in June/July.

Thanx for the info. Is there any info on the grooms available, like what are teir jobs what families they come from. Do the grooms claim descendance from the Prophet as well?

elizahawthorne said:
Thanx for the info. Is there any info on the grooms available, like what are teir jobs what families they come from. Do the grooms claim descendance from the Prophet as well?

Info about Mr. Alaa Batayneh (husband of Princess Rahma)

Alaa Batayneh was born in Amman in 1969, the eldest son of HE Senator Dr. Arif Batayneh, formerly Member of the Lower House of Parliament, Minister of Health and Director General of the Royal Medical Services.

Mr. Batayneh holds a B.S. in Electrical Engineering and an MS in Management Information Systems from The George Washington University. After working in the USA and in the UK, he returned to Jordan to work in the private sector where he was running a consultancy company. Mr. Batayneh was married to Princess Rahma Bint Hassan in July 1997

Currently, Mr. Batayneh is the Secretary General of the Jordanian Ministry of Transport and has been since March 2000. He is also;

- Chairman of the board of "Arab Bridge Maritime Company"
- Chairman of "UN-ESCWA MEA Government Transportation Committee"
- Member of the board of "Royal Jordanian Airlines"
- Member of the board of "The Ports Corporation"
- Member of the board of "National Tourism Council" - Member of the board of "Arab Ship Management Limited"

Info. about Mr. Naser Judeh isn't available as yet.

None of the grooms come from the Royal Family, thus don't claim descendence to the Prophet.

Does anyone know where she and Ed went on honeymoon?

I will correct myself and say that pic of herself and Ed with KA does look like her. Others I have seen posted here are not fair on her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frothy said:
I will correct myself and say that pic of herself and Ed with KA does look like her. Others I have seen posted here are not fair on her.

I agree. She is a pretty young lady. However, I think she seems to lead a rather private life so I don't think we will see much about her once the wedding bruhaha is over.

emily62_1 said:
By now, only P Hasan's daughter has got married to a non- Arab man, can any1 tell me how did she meet him , who is he, are they living in Jordan etc.- PS- hope not to go off- topic......
P. Badiya and Edward Blair have known each other for a number of years. I believe they met in London, where they now live.

This is courtesy of fanletizia, posted in the Prince of Wales Current Events thread:

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales is accompanied by Princess Badiya of Jordan, the Bishop of London and Chief Rabbi Sir Jonathan Sachs, attends the opening of 'The Tent', an interfaith meeting space at the Ethelburga's Centre for Reconciliation and Peace on May 4, 2006 in London, England

photo:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=241942&d=1146770170

I noticed that on P. Hassan's website the husbands of the other princesses were listed as 'Excellency' as in 'His Excellency'. Is this a normal title for a Princess's consort in Jordan and does Khalid have this title also?

lovy_bear said:
Princess Badiya attending the premiere of 'Stairway To Heaven', at Odeon West End in London, England (April 30, 2007):

ViewImages.com

Thank you lovy bear. It's always a great pleasure for me to see princess badiya. She's beautiful.

It's nice to see Badiya out and about but I really don't like her lengha, it's incredibly old-fashioned in style and just looks like something you get in one of the shops on the Broadway.

Little_star said:
It's nice to see Badiya out and about but I really don't like her lengha, it's incredibly old-fashioned in style and just looks like something you get in one of the shops on the Broadway.
Sorry Little_star, can you explain what is a lengha ? thanx :flowers:

Sorry!

A lengha is a traditional outfit worn in Pakistan/India. It comprises of a top/blouse, a long skirt and a dupatta (scarf). It's usually worn on weddings by the bride. There are lots of different styles and ways to wear it.
http://www.asian-clothes.originationinsite.com/lengha

This website has some examples of the various designs and styles
Wedding Lenghas, lengha, bridal lehnga shop in UK, designer indian bridal wear, buy indian wedding dress clothes outfit in UK, online shopping for designer lenghas from India for UK

Pics 26.11.2008

Britain's Prince Charles and Princess Badiya Bint El Hassan of Jordan
arrive at the Natural History Museum to honor the achievements and
positive contributions made to society by young emerging Muslim talent
on November 26, 2008 in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Thank you for the new pictures, i really like the fact that she's wearing indian/pakistani outfits. But i would like to see her and her mother in traditional outfits too

Britain's Prince Charles and Princess Badiya Bint El Hassan (L) of Jordan arrive at the Natural History Museum to honor the achievements and positive contributions made to society by young emerging Muslim talent on November 26, 2008 in London.

Photo from Getty Images by AFP/Getty Images - Daylife
Woah! Badiya finally wore a vaguely fashionableoutfit. Idon't like the red but the cut and style is great, it would have looked better with capris though imho.

Princess Badiya Bint El Hassan of Jordan and her husband, Khaled Edward Blair, arrive to attend celebrations marking the 40th birthday of Dutch Crown Prince Willem Alexander at Loo Palace on Sept. 1, 2007 in Apeldoorn, The Netherlands.

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4
Photo 5
Photo 6

I like the pale blue strapless dress. It's certainly better than this red one.

Al Hassan family is so close to the danish royal family.

Back
Top Bottom