Opening of Parliament: 2003-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
abir said:
She does to show she hasn't the title of Queen but she is the mother of the king.
The coronation day, I found a picture of KA and all member of JRF except QN and her children. Do you know if they were there?

is it just me...or does the women in the picture in the far right (to the right of PHaya) look like QNoor?

Photo ID

pdas1201 said:
Pics from the 2004 opening of the parliament session. I will also post pics from parliament session openings in previous years.
Who is the beautiful woman standing in line behind man with moustache (she's 3rd in line)? Is it a JRF wife--Feisal's perhaps?

maryshawn said:
Who is the beautiful woman standing in line behind man with moustache (she's 3rd in line)? Is it a JRF wife--Feisal's perhaps?
yes that man is Faisal , and she is Alia, his wife.

Sean.~ said:
Princess Muna seems to have more and more of an 'official role' as the King's mother. For instance, she represented the King in Rome recently. She also represented him at the funeral of Britain's Queen Mother in 2001.

She has lived in Jordan since her marriage to Hussein.

S
sorry, if u mean Muna represented her son in Rome, last October, that's not true, KA himself came to rome just for 1 day, where he met The President, he then flew to Paris-

tipper said:
sorry, if u mean Muna represented her son in Rome, last October, that's not true, KA himself came to rome just for 1 day, where he met The President, he then flew to Paris-
She was in Rome representing Jordan at the pope’s jubilee. I saw her in TV sitting next to Queen Fabiola of Belgium, Bernadette Chirac and some Spanish royals.

reply to the speach of the throne

reply to the speach of the throne

Attachments

• ka throne speach reply2.jpg
    ka throne speach reply2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 583
  • ka throne speach reply3.jpg
    ka throne speach reply3.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 478
  • ka throne speach reply.jpg
    ka throne speach reply.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 565
Opening of Parliament - 2005

King to Inaugurate Ordinary Session of Parliament Tomorrow</STRONG>
Pet0782 4 0080 King to Inaugurate Ordinary Session of Parliament Tomorrow Amman/Nov.30(Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II will inaugurate the ordinary session of the 14th parliament on Thursday by a Speech from the Throne. Following the inauguration ceremony, the Upper House will convene in its first session chaired by Senate President Zeid Al Rifai. Wardat/Petra 301918 Local NOV 2005 

(A year exactely since KA last Inaugurated the Ordinary Session of Parliament !) (Do u guys think we will see any of the princes there like last year?? I wonder...)

lil Monkey is this an official opening of Parliament?
I read in an article a few weeks ago in the Jordan Times that the King had delayed the opening of Parliament this year but that was before the attacks in Amman.
If this is a parliamentary opening then we might see many members of royal family tomorrow.

Last edited:
King Abdullah II of Jordan at the opening ceremony of the parliament, in Amman, Thursday, Dec. 1, 2005

from polfoto and getty

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 503
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 566
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 724
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 574
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 517
  • 61.jpg
    61.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 674
  • 53.jpg
    53.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 556
  • 52.jpg
    52.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 657
  • 63.jpg
    63.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 576
Last edited:
King Visits Prime Ministry

Amman/Nov.28(Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Monday expressed his confidence in Bakhit's cabinet and its capability in shouldering responsibility. King's remarks were made during a meeting with newly- appointed cabinet at the Prime Ministry on Monday. During the meeting, the King underlined the importance of working in a full partnership and in a team spirit to achieve national interests noting the greater responsibility laid upon the economic team in the government to combat poverty and unemployment. The King added "I believe we are heading in the right direction to remedy poverty and unemployment". King Abdullah underscored the necessity to give due support and care to citizens following these circumstances that have witnessed price hike. "I'm confident that the government will be able to improve the standards of living of the citizens and provide them with a better future", said the King. King Abdullah said Jordan's relations with neighboring countries are very important, adding that we'll build on these relations and enhance them. The King also underlined the importance of balancing between reform and security and our policy is very clear. "The terrorist attacks ripped through Amman's hotels wont sway us of forging ahead", King Abdullah said, adding that its very important to protect our country and at the same time to work hard to develop our country socially, economically and politically. "I'm confident that you will fulfill your duty and I urge everyone to work in same direction to achieve a better future", the King said. King Abdullah called on the government to lay down clear plans, programs, and strategies to develop Jordan. "If we do not have clear plans and programs of short-term... one-three years, we would fail to develop Jordan as we want," the King said. The National Agenda will be our pilot and will be a working program for future, he added. Prime Minister Marouf Bakhit praised the King's visit to Prime Ministry. "Your Majesty's visit gives us more determination and resolution to work hard to translate your vision into reality for the benefit of our citizens" ,Bakhit said. Premier said the government will immediately head to form ministerial committees on different issues. In a related context, Bakhit said the government will draw up a strategy with two parallel issues, the first includes a swift remedy through programs whose impacts can be felt by citizens on a short term such as housing, the second focused on attracting Arab and foreign investments that can create job opportunities for Jordanians and transport knowledge and settle down technology. Wardat/Petra
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Nov/28/29120400.htm

King Opens 3rd Ordinary Session of Parliament

Amman, Dec. 1 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II stressed that the Parliament must deal with the government with a sense responsibility , reach out to the people in drafting the legislation that will drive development forward, enable us to face these challenges, realize the Jordanian people's desire for development and progress. In His Majesty's Speech from the Throne on the occasion of the Opening of the 3rd Ordinary Session of the 14th Parliament on Thursday, the King said "this was the impetus for the idea to divide the Kingdom into a number of regions, each having elected councils that would be responsible for devising plans and programs related to each respective region's development. Its our belief that each region citizens best know their own requirements and priorities. Consequently a Royal Commission was formed to study all aspects of this idea, and it will put its findings in your hands." Following is the full text of His Majesty King Abdullah IIs Speech from the Throne:

Last edited by a moderator:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
lil Monkey is this an official opening of Parliament?
I read in an article a few weeks ago in the Jordan Times that the King had delayed the opening of Parliament this year but that was before the attacks in Amman.
If this is a parliamentary opening then we might see many members of royal family tomorrow.

yes it is...
I saw Ali,faisal,Hashem,talal and Ghazi...

umm well,I am gonna answer myself,lol,I think it's Nadia al alami,the bride,who her family got killed in Amman Attacks...

lil Monkey said:
umm well,I am gonna answer myself,lol,I think it's Nadia al alami,the bride,who her family got killed in Amman Attacks...

yes its her indeed. poor thing... my heart goes our for her , and what a wonderful gesture by Queen Rania .:eek:

King Opens 3rd Ordinary Session of Parliament

Pictures from Petra

you're welcome :)

pictures from Abaca press. Looks like QR drove herself to the parliament, how down-to-earth and practical is that!

Attachments

• 434834.jpg
    434834.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 610
  • 434840.jpg
    434840.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 787
  • 434839.jpg
    434839.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 531
  • 434838.jpg
    434838.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 10,564
  • 434837.jpg
    434837.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 541
  • 434836.jpg
    434836.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 625
  • 434835.jpg
    434835.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 614
Last edited:
more pictures from Abaca press:
Princess Rym is dressed a bit too casual for a parliamentary opening. But its good to see her after quite a while.

Attachments

• 434841.jpg
    434841.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 532
  • 434842.jpg
    434842.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 515
  • 434843.jpg
    434843.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 534
  • 434844.jpg
    434844.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 553
  • 434845.jpg
    434845.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 547
  • 434846.jpg
    434846.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 548
  • 434847.jpg
    434847.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 553
~*~Humera~*~ said:

it's weird I didn't see Rym when I watched the news:confused:

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Princess Rym is dressed a bit too casual for a parliamentary opening. But its good to see her after quite a while.

Did anyone notice KA changed his outfit...he was wearing a military outfit when he entered and when he left he was wearing a suit :p

Rym has gained soo much weight,I never saw her this chubby (can't call her fat...)

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess Rym's still carrying the pregnancy weight. She seems to have gained more on her lower body, around the hips. She'll have plenty of time to work it off though. Spending time with her daughter must be what's most important to her now. Even QR took around 7 months to lose her pregnancy pounds.

It would've been nice to see Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor today. Perhaps they're not in Jordan at this time?

wow wow wow...
i like Queen Rania more & more these days.
she's such a powerful and strong women... and looks really great in that black mercedes jeep.

It's good to see pictures of Rym, you rarely see her! Rania looks lovely. I think it was a great gesture to have the families of the victims of the terrorist bomibngs sat at the front.

she is Nadia AL Alami her mum and dad kiled in her wedding last mounth

:( i didn't like the way that PRym looks , she doesn't care about her appearance , always wearing that shirt , look to her hair , she doesn't look like princess at all ,

Princess Rym is very simple and i like that.

Back
Top Bottom