Media Reports: Plot to overthrow King Abdullah II (April 2021)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right, well you can keep claiming Hamzah's an idiot for trying [something] against an authoritarian government, when we don't even know what the [something] is, or that there's any proof that he's to blame or to what extent, versus the government just saying that he is. I'm not inclined to take their non-transparent word for it.

And that's your right. I disagree that there's no proof. So that's that, I guess.

OMG did you see what Queen Noor has retweeted...i guess things aren't back to normal.

She's tweeted a few things over the past couple of days that are less than mild and undoubtedly relevant. I'm sure she's well aware of what she's doing.

OMG ...Queen Noor retweeted a tweet with hashtags freedom for prince hamzah and save prince hamzah...omg, sweet baby Cheesus

Hamza hasn't been relevant since Philip died. She's his mother and she surely doesn't want to let all awareness of him drop.

I would say the more "omg" moment is that we aren't likely to see or hear Hamza any time in the near future except for when he's trotted out at approved events, unless there is a major change. Not that Noor retweeted a message of support for him.

Ay Caramba, seems nothing has been resolved within that family, even though they were trying to put out a united front for a minute, seems they are back at square one. Too bad Queen Noor hasn't clapped back at humanitarian Princess Firyal's deleted tweet and snatched her wig off for calling her 40 year old sons "boys".

Last edited:
But is he doing it because he wants to, or because he needs to? Or has to. There's just no way to know anymore.

Of course he had to demonstrate his allegiance. Nothing is normal in that kleptocratic system of Abdullah where nepotism rules. And when then there is opposition it is "a coup". Let me laugh. Pffff. Abdullah better changes so that Jordan indeed works for all Jordanians otherwise there will be a second "Arab Spring" his inert regime will not survive.

And I don't think the odds of anything good replacing the current regime are large. Or anything more than miniscule.

If Abdullah were smarter/less afraid, I think he'd make Hamza a minister and at least try for some changes (bonus, if Hamza fails, it's solely on him). Stifling everyone and everything is not the best plan, for him or the Jordanians.

Interesting to read a bit more background; it sounds rather serious. Also interesting: it was the USA that found out about it and warned the Jordanians. And it is somehow tight to USA politics regarding the Kushner plan that king Abdullah opposed as he would loose control.

The trial in the so-called "sedition case" related to Prince Hamzah bin Al Hussein is progressing at the State Security Court in Amman.
Today, following the court session, Sharif Hassan's lawyer stated that the defense will request the testimony of four royal family members. He confirmed in a statement to Al-Arabiya TV that Princess Basma Hamza is not on the list.

Queen Noor posted in her twiter:

"Heartfelt thanks to so many of you for the very kind birthday wishes and also to those who continue to call for truth and justice for Prince Hamzah,who is still imprisoned at home,and for any other innocent citizens"

https://twitter.com/QueenNoor

I wonder how queen Noor will react on this?

I am sure this letter was a requirement from Abdullah for he would take any further steps of integrating Hamzah in the family (probably even allowing him more freedom - is he still under house arrest?). She will certainly know that this is how these things work.

I also noticed that the meeting that apparently happened the same evening this letter was written (Sunday March 6) was attended by all (half)brothers except Hamzah's only full brother Hashim.

Back
Top Bottom