King Hussein: Picture Thread, Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maryshawn

Serene Highness
City
Green Bay
Country
United States
In an interview with Katie Couric months after KH's death, she has behind her a photo of KH she said she kept with her always. It was on her bedside table in AM and PM and she spoke to it.....I didn't catch interview but saw blurry image. Does anyone know or have a photo of this particular image of KH?

I've been meaning to ask this for awhile.....hope I didn't wait too long.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Mary Shawn

I'm not familiar with with the interview that you are referring to, but in her memoirs she mentions two photos.... one which was taken the day that she first met the King on the tarmac at Amman International Airport (it was lost, so I don't think that was the one) and another, of King Hussien and Prince Hamzah as a little boy... that might be the one.... but I'm really not sure....

I'm not 100% sure but I saw a pic of him beside her bed in an interview with Barbara Walters. She said that she loved that picture. It's a picture of him smiling.

I'm pretty sure it was this one.

album_a336.jpg

I don't have the tape of the interview right here but I'll look at it again when I find it.

Last edited by a moderator:
queenkat101 said:
I'm not familiar with with the interview that you are referring to, but in her memoirs she mentions two photos.... one which was taken the day that she first met the King on the tarmac at Amman International Airport (it was lost, so I don't think that was the one) and another, of King Hussien and Prince Hamzah as a little boy... that might be the one.... but I'm really not sure....
yea I remember she said it was the one of KH and Hamzah when he was a lil boy.

Photo

Banadoora said:
I'm pretty sure it was this one.

I don't have the tape of the interview right here but I'll look at it again when I find it.
Wow! Thanks. She also loved photo of them holding hands and smiling. She was in a pretty blue dress with hair in ponytail! Now that I've seen. I'll try and find to share with you too! THIS IS IT! I can't thank you enough. Mary Shawn

www.historyforsale.com

photos of King Hussein:

1. KHussein, then young Prince Hussein bint Talal

2. King Hussein

Attachments

• 23620.jpg
    23620.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 599
  • 264574.jpg
    264574.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 621
Black & white pictures of KH :)

Attachments

• h-h.jpg
    h-h.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 510
  • kh-.jpg
    kh-.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 724
  • kh-2.jpg
    kh-2.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 516
  • kh-17years.jpg
    kh-17years.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 558
  • ph.jpg
    ph.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 531
  • kh-surfing-aqaba.jpg
    kh-surfing-aqaba.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 975
  • kh-smiling.jpg
    kh-smiling.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 535
Was hussein's mom a Queen? I really think she wsa a wise woman and never tried to totally control her son or take the limelight away from him or his wives. I wonder how her and QN got along.

Reina said:
Was hussein's mom a Queen? I really think she wsa a wise woman and never tried to totally control her son or take the limelight away from him or his wives. I wonder how her and QN got along.

Yes Reina King Hussein´s mother, Zein Al Sharaf, was a Queen Zein. She was a important women in Jordan.

all pics from topfoto, anp, seegerpress, waypress, and korpa:

King Hussein portraits:

Attachments

• 1367697.jpg
    1367697.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 516
  • 1347561.jpg
    1347561.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 542
  • 0034077.jpg
    0034077.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 552
  • 0036737.jpg
    0036737.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 530
  • 0834343.jpg
    0834343.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 494
  • 1347309.jpg
    1347309.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 527
  • 0695496.jpg
    0695496.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 590
  • album_a165.jpg
    album_a165.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 1,317
  • pre-SEEGER00018610.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00018610.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 559
  • pre-SEEGER00018675.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00018675.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 563
This is the one I always find: (from Corbis)

Attachments

• Hussein.jpg
    Hussein.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 2,725
Jordanian dignitaries congratulate King Hussein on his accession to the throne. To the left is Prince Mohammed, August 11, 1952.

The picture is from KH's website (Photo gallery)

The Photo Bank

Poor writing by the editors of King Hussein's website. If this was actually August 11, 1952, then they were congratulating him for the proclamation, not the accession/enthronement. It they were indeed congratulating him for the accession, then it would have been May 2, 1953.

From King Hussein's website Video and Audio - The Office of King Hussein I of Jordan
Note the wording carefully, the proclamation was in 1952 but did not assume constitutional power until may 1953. That's when the accession was.

From Wikipedia.com clearer wording
Hussein of Jordan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From the virtual Jewish library. Even clearer wording
King Hussein

From a tourism website. Not very good wording
Jordan Tourism Guide, General Information

In august 1952 Prince Hussein was actually enthroned and became HM the King of Jordan, since then he was the reigning king although he was still to young to exercise the powers of his position. The Regency Council did it on his behalf.

Look at the Constitution (Article 28):

(g) The King attains his majority upon the completion of his eighteenth year according to the lunar calendar. If the Throne devolves upon a person who is below this age, the powers of the King shall be exercised by a Regent or Council of Regency, who shall have been appointed by a Royal Decree by the reigning King.

Veram, EXACTLY, except that 1940 date of birth of Prince Muhammad is fabricated. It was fabricated to make Hussein King and avoid admitting that Prince Muhammad has health problems.

Sorry, but you should not believe every rumor. I remember to have seen a lot of pictures (not only the one I have posted) showing the young KH (about 20 years old) with his brothers: PHassan still a child and PMuhammad clearly a teenage boy.

Their parents married on November 27th, 1934 in Amman and had their first child in November 1935: KH!

From all the children prince Hamza looks the most like his father. Just the same face.

Posting pictures in the proper threads

This is just a reminder that this thread is meant for pictures of the late King Hussein only.

Family pictures from the King's four marriages should be posted in the relevant threads:

All other pictures of King Hussein with various family members (mother, siblings, grandchildren, group photos etc) should be posted here:

If you're not sure where to post a certain picture, please send a pm to myself or one of the other Jordanian moderators.

Humera
Jordanian Forum Moderator

Last edited:
I don't know why, but black and white pic are better in capturing the facial expression. Nice pic!

Back
Top Bottom