King Hussein, his wives & children: their relationships with each other

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
queentara said:
yeah she's weird..
hashim looks like he's 16 ...
he's sorta pretty

i think hashim looks like his mother
the same eyes and view
and i think he looks that way because of living the whole time in the shadow of his older brother hamzah.
its his character.

uh wheres my posting? :confused:

the only think i wanted to say is that i think hashim looks like his mother and that i think that the way he looks is because of living in the shadow of his brother hamza,the favorite child of KH.
i feel sorry for hashim,its not easy to live with the fact that the brother is the fav of the parents.
so he looks shy.

closesttoheaven said:
uh wheres my posting? :confused:

the only think i wanted to say is that i think hashim looks like his mother and that i think that the way he looks is because of living in the shadow of his brother hamza,the favorite child of KH.
i feel sorry for hashim,its not easy to live with the fact that the brother is the fav of the parents.
so he looks shy.

yeah,well that's all in the past, KH is gone and I'm sure QN has the same affection for both of her sons
PHamzah is no longer a CP ,he's the same as Hashim.

Well I do feel sorry for him b/c it seems he has been pushed aside. Just b/c it is all in the past does not mean that what happened in the past could not affect him or anyone in his situation. PHAshim is a wonderful, intelligent, handsome guy. Shame on anyone for not respecting and loving him the way he should have been.

It seems that QN, P Hamz, P Iman, and P Hash are in Jordan....is P Raiy also there? I didn't see any pix of her...wonder if she was at the opening of Jerash?

-Eliza

queentara said:
yeah,well that's all in the past, KH is gone and I'm sure QN has the same affection for both of her sons
PHamzah is no longer a CP ,he's the same as Hashim.

I think QN is closer to Iman and Raiyah, she and Hamzah don't seem to be so close.

elizahawthorne said:
this was the beginning of this discussion:

I wonder why Hashim and Hamzah are not seen with KA as much, I mean before being stripped of the CP title, P Hamzah used to be seen with KA quite a bit, even Hashim too (every time P Hamz and P Hash were on break they were in Jordan and around KA a lot), but not much anymore...are they being snubbed along with their mother and sisters?

as far as P Ali goes, I'm glad he is getting a better position, I really hope to see more of P Rym tho.

-Eliza

what is worse that Hamzah's name is never mentioned in petra.gov.jo, not after he was stripped of his title.

emily62_1 said:
what is worse that Hamzah's name is never mentioned in petra.gov.jo, not after he was stripped of his title.

It is early days yet. It took several years before Prince Hassan's name was mentioned and still does not get air time on the media.

emily62_1 said:
I think QN is closer to Iman and Raiyah, she and Hamzah don't seem to be so close.

hashim and hamza are her sons!so they are close to her mother!maybe they dont kiss each other in the public but who knows what they do in their own walls?
who knows - maybe she sings them a lullaby.... well thats a joke.
but i cant imagine that she isnt close to the children she has born!

I've a question,. You know when QN was the one king and there were special family events such as KA's (then prince) wedding or when he and QR (then princess) introduced their kids, does it seem as if she overshadowed Muna? But now that ABdullah is king, that what went around has come around? Since QN did (probably purposely overshadow Muna) do you think it is right that she is overshadowed now?

Reina said:
I've a question,. You know when QN was the one king and there were special family events such as KA's (then prince) wedding or when he and QR (then princess) introduced their kids, does it seem as if she overshadowed Muna? But now that ABdullah is king, that what went around has come around? Since QN did (probably purposely overshadow Muna) do you think it is right that she is overshadowed now?

I think that was a different situation, because King Hussein was still alive and Queen Noor was his wife. Of course you current and fourth wife will take precedent over your second and former wife. Princess Muna doesn't seem to be overshadowing Queen Noor. She is the mother of the current King of Jordan, so it makes sense that we see more of her now. If one of Queen Noor's sons was King then of course we would see her spend more time in Jordan.

Since King Hussein is gone and Rania is now Queen Consort, Queen Noor has found other things to do outside of Jordan. It was said many discussions ago that Queen Rania was irritated at one point about Queen Noor being mentioned in the papers when appearing in public. If this is true, then of course it may be why Queen Noor spends more time abroad then in Jordan. Apparently Jordan is too small for two queens.

But, I don't think of it as being a case of "what goes around comes around."

Totally. Remember the wedding pictures? It was King Hussein, Abdullah, Rania, and Queen Noor. You didn't see Princess Muna, she hung around (or was cast to?) the back while Queen Noor went through her costume changes and got photographed.

It was like that with all of their events, you'd think that from the pictures with Queen Noor's constant presence that she was Abdullah's mother, not Muna. I have no real problem with Muna not being there, she avoids the limelight (although you wonder if she was even invited to be included in the first place) but I think Queen Noor always being there front and center was inappropriate and tactless.

Reina said:
do you think it is right that she is overshadowed now?
I don't believe in karma, but it's still poetic justice in a way. :p

Alicky said:
Totally. Remember the wedding pictures? It was King Hussein, Abdullah, Rania, and Queen Noor. You didn't see Princess Muna, she hung around (or was cast to?) the back while Queen Noor went through her costume changes and got photographed.

It was like that with all of their events, you'd think that from the pictures with Queen Noor's constant presence that she was Abdullah's mother, not Muna. I have no real problem with Muna not being there, she avoids the limelight (although you wonder if she was even invited to be included in the first place) but I think Queen Noor always being there front and center was inappropriate and tactless.

of course, Muna was at KA's wed, she lookd so happy, i'll post the pix, QN was always giggling and chatting to Q Sophia of spain, while Muna was with her own father, I have 1 or 2 pix of both of them, QN and muna in the same group, but not talking to each other.

Check this out! Very intresting...

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/k/king_hussein_i.html

What does a man seek in this world? A position, or a throne? Man seeks peace of mind and the fear of Almighty God.
King Hussein I

In this life struggle, here I am among you fully cognizant that a true believer has no fear of what God has ordained for him. Those who are visited by fear live only for their present, under the illusion that the world began with them and will end with their departure.
King Hussein I

I will never work merely to make a reputation for myself, to be popular for appearances rather than for what I am. My task is to lead my country through service.
King Hussein I

I never was one of those ambitious people craving for expansion. I believe in God and life after death. Each one of us lives his days according to the will of God. I believe also in nations and that individuals' efforts should be dedicated for the good of nations and not for idolizing persons.
King Hussein I

have a simple philosophy about life and death. How easily it comes and how easily it can end! What man can afford to waste time? At any moment death can claim anyone, and when it does, death itself is unimportant. The only thing that matters is the work that one has accomplished.
King Hussein I

just got interested in Queen Noor is she close to Princess Haya and vice versa?

RADKER18 said:

most people say NO.but dont know if its rumors or if it is the truth.
my opinion is - maybe they have trouble - but QN is something like PH mother and so i think ... they are in contact and so on.maybe not the best relationship - but who really knows ;)

closesttoheaven said:
most people say NO.but dont know if its rumors or if it is the truth.
my opinion is - maybe they have trouble - but QN is something like PH mother and so i think ... they are in contact and so on.maybe not the best relationship - but who really knows ;)

I'd say no, as soon as KH died, Hayah got back to Germany, she was interviewed there, where she was training to compete, and she talked alot about her late father, her late mum, about Rania, whom she called- an angel sent to earth- but when asked about QN, she replied she had nothing to say about - my father's widow- in fact, her home had many portraits of QR, KA, QA, KH, Ali, nothing at all of Queen Noor. PS- QN was not invited at Hayah's wedding nor at Ali's wed.

emily62_1 said:
I'd say no, as soon as KH died, Hayah got back to Germany, she was interviewed there, where she was training to compete, and she talked alot about her late father, her late mum, about Rania, whom she called- an angel sent to earth- but when asked about QN, she replied she had nothing to say about - my father's widow- in fact, her home had many portraits of QR, KA, QA, KH, Ali, nothing at all of Queen Noor. PS- QN was not invited at Hayah's wedding nor at Ali's wed.

well.maybe we havent seen any picture with qn at their weddings but that doesnt mean she hasnt been there!
and where do you know that she has many portraits of them in her home?!
i never saw her home anywhere!
i say - maybe im wrong but .... there are always rumors!

RADKER18 said:

they seem to have a very complicated relationship. You might want to have a look at the old Princess Haya thread for a more recent disscussion on the subject: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6401&page=8&pp=20
(Pages 8 and 9)

Princess Haya and Prince Ali apparently harbour some resentment towards Noor since King Hussein married her soon (I think a year) after the death of Queen Alia. I find it odd that Haya and perhaps Ali have this attitude towards Noor and not towards their father who was, after all, the one who asked Noor to marry him.
When King Hussein was alive, Haya and Ali publicly spoke warmly of Queen Noor. But since his death their relationship has seemed to cooled off. Some people have said that Noor wasnt a warm step-mother. But then she doesnt come across as a particularly maternal person (like Queen Rania for example). Ofcourse that doesnt mean she wasnt capable of being loving.
I think its safe to say that whatever relationship and level of interaction Haya and Noor had with each other has diminished significantly since King Hussein's death. Noor wasn't at Haya's wedding, nor the wedding of her brother Prince Ali.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
they seem to have a very complicated relationship. You might want to have a look at the old Princess Haya thread for a more recent disscussion on the subject: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6401&page=8&pp=20
(Pages 8 and 9)

Princess Haya and Prince Ali apparently harbour some resentment towards Noor since King Hussein married her soon (I think a year) after the death of Queen Alia. I find it odd that Haya and perhaps Ali have this attitude towards Noor and not towards their father who was, after all, the one who asked Noor to marry him.
When King Hussein was alive, Haya and Ali publicly spoke warmly of Queen Noor. But since his death their relationship has seemed to cooled off. Some people have said that Noor wasnt a warm step-mother. But then she doesnt come across as a particularly maternal person (like Queen Rania for example). Ofcourse that doesnt mean she wasnt capable of being loving.
I think its safe to say that whatever relationship and level of interaction Haya and Noor had with each other has diminished significantly since King Hussein's death. Noor wasn't at Haya's wedding, nor the wedding of her brother Prince Ali.

i have to agree with your first lines - with their father ect. !
i think shes very maternal.dont know why.but when you look at her when shes together with children.she seems very maternal.
a german doctor said once when he visited a children hospital with her - she had tears in her eyes and spoke with every child and was very lovely.
so who knows... she always cares not to talk about her family her children and so on in the public.and thats why she seems cold i think.but she isnt i think.... dont know :)

King Hussein played the favouritism card where his children were concerned, he was mostly influenced by his wives over time. His children from previous marriages were also over shadowed or removed from the picture when he married again.

Haya and Ali were rarely seen in any pics with their father once he had chilren with Queen Noor, eventhough they were still toddlers themselves.

I read once on a forum here that when Queen Alia was alive she was particularly interested in making Ali crown prince. This goes to show how easily King Hussein was swayed by his wives.

Lilygal said:
King Hussein played the favouritism card where his children were concerned, he was mostly influenced by his wives over time. His children from previous marriages were also over shadowed or removed from the picture when he married again.

Haya and Ali were rarely seen in any pics with their father once he had chilren with Queen Noor, eventhough they were still toddlers themselves.

I read once on a forum here that when Queen Alia was alive she was particularly interested in making Ali crown prince. This goes to show how easily King Hussein was swayed by his wives.

do you really think that?!
maybe he was naive - but he WAS NOT STUPID!!!
it was his decision - not QAs or QNs.

that abdullah became king - and hamza became crown prince was at first only his decision and second his and his sons decision.
thats known too.....

I don't think of King Hussein as naive at all. He would have been a very dithering, unaware and gullible person to have something like his successor be chosen by a wife for which he showed little regard. In order for those sort of machinations to take place, he would have had to have been very unsure, shilly-shally and indecisive, but by all accounts he was a decisive, firm, commanding and authoritative person. I don't think anyone could have pulled a major fast one like this over him (unless we're talking about the sort of calculations that could have occured when he was consumed by cancer in his final days).

Besides, Alia doesn't fit the profile of the manipulator, it was her biggest wish to go off and live anonymously with her husband and children, to have a happy home life. She found it so difficult to cope with her husband being King, I don't think she, for her sake or her son's, would have been lobbying overtime to secure Ali as the next king.

True She did. The hope is now that KH's (Children irresepective of favouritism during their infancy) pull together now that their Father is gone. It seems that more within the Jordanian Royal Family was damaged with the passing of KH. Maybe that point wasn't fully addressed. All I know is that since his death the family aren't the sam; it seems as if he were their foundation and they hadn't prepared themselves for the day (though sad) when their 'Foundation' went away. I hope that they can get along, Jordan more than everneeds them to be a united Family.

closesttoheaven said:
well.maybe we havent seen any picture with qn at their weddings but that doesnt mean she hasnt been there!
and where do you know that she has many portraits of them in her home?!
i never saw her home anywhere!
i say - maybe im wrong but .... there are always rumors!

can't understand why u are always thinking that everything I say about JRF is a rumour, well, the journalist , who interviewed Hayah, back in 1999, in Germany, wrote that she had many portraits in her home, but not a single 1 of QN, hope u'll show more respect for me from now on, I'm really getting tired of your attitude, when u post a message, I treat u with respect, just as I do with all the other members of this Forum.

"Princess Haya and Prince Ali apparently harbour some resentment towards Noor since King Hussein married her soon (I think a year) after the death of Queen Alia. I find it odd that Haya and perhaps Ali have this attitude towards Noor and not towards their father who was, after all, the one who asked Noor to marry him. "

I don't think that's surprising as such, in most circumstances children will recent the "new parent". After all they wouldn't want to alienate their father.

That and the extraordinary circumstances that they were all in, being the royal family, would magnify their problems. Even if there wasn't the feuding, it still would have been a very difficult situation. Three children who lost a mother having to share their father, who had a full time job as King, with a new wife and four new children and then boarding school. I don't understand how these children each got the "adequate""continuing" and "individual attention in a meaningful way" that every child needs to feel secure and to develope emotionally healthy.

emily62_1 said:
can't understand why u are always thinking that everything I say about JRF is a rumour, well, the journalist , who interviewed Hayah, back in 1999, in Germany, wrote that she had many portraits in her home, but not a single 1 of QN, hope u'll show more respect for me from now on, I'm really getting tired of your attitude, when u post a message, I treat u with respect, just as I do with all the other members of this Forum.

i treat you with respect - but I SAY ALWAYS - I THINK - and you tell like you know all - and thats why i discuss.i never treat you bad - i ask only where do you know and i never read this interview....

i think its very difficult to say always its that fact or thats fact.so im asking myself - where do you know this all!

and so i dont think that i dont treat you with respect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom