JRF reaction to murder of Jordanian pilot Muath al-Kasasbeh: February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Breaking news on Alarabiya & skynews_arabia : His majesty will meet P. Obama today at the white house.

Last edited:
King´s speech after the death of Muath Al-Kasasbeh

Salma, do you have an English translation of the speech? Since that's the language of the forums it'd be helpful for our non-Arabic speakers.

My condolences to his family and the people of Jordan.

Blood of martyred pilot Muath will not go in vain: King
Amman, Feb. 4 (Petra) – His Majesty King Abdullah II, the Supreme Commander of the Jordan Armed Forces - Arab Army, returned home Wednesday, to the General Command of the Jordan Armed Forces - Arab Army, where he was received by His Majesty’s Advisor for Military Affairs, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Mashal Mohammad Al Zabin, and senior army officers.

Jordan's King Abdullah II, returning from his trip to the U.S., greets as he drives through a crowd of people who were gathering to show their support at Queen Alia Airport in Amman, Jordan, Wednesday, Feb. 4, 2015. King Abdullah II rushed home Wednesday, cutting short a U.S. trip, to rally public support for even tougher strikes against the Islamic State group after the militants released a video showing the captured Jordanian pilot being burned to death in a cage.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Last edited by a moderator:
King Abdullah looks very grim and serious. He has a hard task ahead, and will need all of his strength and abilities to navigate in these difficult times. I hope he takes after his father.

King Abdullah looks very grim and serious. He has a hard task ahead, and will need all of his strength and abilities to navigate in these difficult times. I hope he takes after his father.

It is not because King Hussein was married with a glamorous American, made (read: was enforced) a peace with Israel and is in the Western camp that he is a "good King". His regime was a dictatorship, a relatively mild one for Middle East-standards but when you write "I hope he takes after his father" than you are thinking away the many (sometimes disastrous) mistakes the previous King made and still are the roots of the many structural problems Jordan faces today.

It is not because King Hussein was married with a glamorous American, made (read: was enforced) a peace with Israel and is in the Western camp that he is a "good King". His regime was a dictatorship, a relatively mild one for Middle East-standards but when you write "I hope he takes after his father" than you are thinking away the many (sometimes disastrous) mistakes the previous King made and still are the roots of the many structural problems Jordan faces today.

My opinion for Jordan changed forever after the retaliation executions. I thought Jordan was a civilised state.

:previous:
It may seem barbaric to you. At the same time, King Abdullah is in a predicament because he is forced to rectify and mend blunders created by incessant clumsy meddling of enlightened western regimes in the region.

Last edited:
:previous:
It may seem barbaric to you. At the same time, King Abdullah is in a predicament because he is forced to rectify and mend blunders created by incessant clumsy meddling of enlightened western regimes in the region.

I think this a poor excuse. I will not say anything further. Think again about that.

This is not the site to discuss this item but they were sentenced to death by a Jordanian court years ago. The mentality and culture is different in Jordan than in Europe where the people don´t accept the death penalty.

My opinion for Jordan changed forever after the retaliation executions. I thought Jordan was a civilised state.

There ALREADY had been a trial except the death penalty was on hold.That changed now,so justice was done..And what do you talk about civilised?Civilisation?We're talking IS here...How does one compare that with everything/anything one holds dear?No,King Abdullah may have quoted Harrison Ford with his line,but no well thinking individual can do other then wholeheartedly support Him in his mission,and all others fighting against these creeps.

Not that the changing your opinion on Jordan would have an impact globally Godiva,but really,with all due respect...get your facts right before one reacts...and I don't do BS nor false info on matters so serious,it doesn't help for others to form a clear picture.

We see too little from any action against IS from within the region itself...especially now the UAE backs off in using their aircraft...afraid a toy might get kaput.No,I hope King Abdullah will proof as fierce as his late beloved father was in his day.

Last edited:
I think this a poor excuse. I will not say anything further. Think again about that.
You are fully entitled to your opinion. We agree to disagree on the matter. As I have said earlier, enlightened Europeans are too clumsy and lack finesse to deal with the Middle East and Asia.

JORDAN- FEBRUARY 5: Queen Rania of Jordan consoles Anwar Al Tarawneh, the wife of the Jordanian pilot Muath Al Kasasbeh, who was burned to death after being held hostage by Islamic State (IS) on February 5, 2015, in Aey, Jordan. Muath al-Kasaesbeh was captured by the terror group after crashing his plane near Raqqa in northern Syria, during a mission against IS in December.

http://imageupper.com/i/?S0700010030031H14231651581133384

His Majesty King Abdullah II offers condolences to the family of martyr Muath Al Kasasbeh in Karak

http://imageupper.com/i/?S0700010030011H14231651581133384
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0700010030021H14231651581133384

Last edited:
Bravo to the King!!! I for one think he is doing the right thing. What does it get you to just sit back and allow these animals to continue killing innocent people? Nothing. They will continue their barbaric practices in order to get what they want and to strike fear into people in order to make themselves look unbeatable. I say strike back and hard. Good to know there is someone out there who is willing to take on ISIS and do some damage. Long live the King. Just my opinion of course.

JORDAN- FEBRUARY 5: Queen Rania of Jordan consoles Anwar Al Tarawneh, the wife of the Jordanian pilot Muath Al Kasasbeh, who was burned to death after being held hostage by Islamic State (IS) on February 5, 2015, in Aey, Jordan. Muath al-Kasaesbeh was captured by the terror group after crashing his plane near Raqqa in northern Syria, during a mission against IS in December.

His Majesty King Abdullah II offers condolences to the family of martyr Muath Al Kasasbeh in Karak

Queen Rania looks really devastated...

Bravo to the King!!! I for one think he is doing the right thing. What does it get you to just sit back and allow these animals to continue killing innocent people? Nothing. They will continue their barbaric practices in order to get what they want and to strike fear into people in order to make themselves look unbeatable. I say strike back and hard. Good to know there is someone out there who is willing to take on ISIS and do some damage. Long live the King. Just my opinion of course.

Oh my God what to say for such a barbary. How could human beings act I such a way? So much hate so much violence.
I do not know what to-say for KA' decision. If should have been a-very difficult one. Humanly speeking it was wrong to act in the same level as the killers but thinking as a ruler it was needed. His position-is very delicate. His-people is revolted for this barbaric act against a Jordanian citizen and maybe some of them consider Jordanian participation with USA to the fight against terrorists as guilty. What could he do?
I would say KA did not take the good decision but he did the adequate one.
RIP young soldier. We are all with you.

There ALREADY had been a trial except the death penalty was on hold.That changed now,so justice was done..And what do you talk about civilised?Civilisation?We're talking IS here...How does one compare that with everything/anything one holds dear?No,King Abdullah may have quoted Harrison Ford with his line,but no well thinking individual can do other then wholeheartedly support Him in his mission,and all others fighting against these creeps.

Not that the changing your opinion on Jordan would have an impact globally Godiva,but really,with all due respect...get your facts right before one reacts...and I don't do BS nor false info on matters so serious,it doesn't help for others to form a clear picture.

We see too little from any action against IS from within the region itself...especially now the UAE backs off in using their aircraft...afraid a toy might get kaput.No,I hope King Abdullah will proof as fierce as his late beloved father was in his day.

Your post is difficult to read and doesn't make sense for me, anyway, the death penalty was hold until there was a need for retaliation, on the other hand ISIS doesn't care for the executed and it will continue despite the execution which I guess were done just to satisfy pilot's family.
When you write here your opinion, you do it to affect the people globally? Me not.
When you execute these people, you act like ISIS.
Of course all the countries must fight ISIS, it is a threat for every country. Here, in Greece, we watch the ISIS atrocities and feel terrified

Last edited:
bravo to the king!!! I for one think he is doing the right thing. What does it get you to just sit back and allow these animals to continue killing innocent people? Nothing. They will continue their barbaric practices in order to get what they want and to strike fear into people in order to make themselves look unbeatable. I say strike back and hard. Good to know there is someone out there who is willing to take on isis and do some damage. Long live the king. Just my opinion of course.

i agree with you!

Oh my God what to say for such a barbary. How could human beings act I such a way? So much hate so much violence.

RIP young soldier. We are all with you.

There is no more hate and violence than mutations burning a young innocent man to death. Bless him. He stood tall and strong knowing exactly what was happening to him, unlike the cowards that hid their weak faces behind coverings. If they were so proud of what they do, why can't they show their cowardly faces ? God Bless King of Jordan and give him strength and mental peace to accomplish his task that other heads of state are too weak to accomplish

Last edited by a moderator:
God bless and protect King Abdullah and Queen Rania and their family and their people. What can you do when faced with such evil, but stand strong against it. I greatly admire the courage of The King.

i agree with you!

There is no more hate and violence than mutations burning a young innocent man to death. Bless him. He stood tall and strong knowing exactly what was happening to him, unlike the cowards that hid their weak faces behind coverings. If they were so proud of what they do, why can't they show their cowardly faces ? God Bless King of Jordan and give him strength and mental peace to accomplish his task that other heads of state are too weak to accomplish

Totally agree with you both..

Poor Muath Kasasbeh's family ... my prayers & thoughts with them & with king Abdullah II.
It's time to stop this barbaric criminal organization !!!

Just for clarification....the person the king quoted was Clint Eastwood and was a line from the move, 'Unforgiven".

I am very glad to see such a strong response from a country in the region. The reason these terrorists have gotten so out of hand is that no one seems to have the will to do what needs to be done. Until people stand up they will continue to do as they have been.

LaRae

And they want to remain a civilized state, which is why HM will do what he can to ensure that Jordon does not fall to ISIS. Being a politically correct namby pamby like most western countries does nothing to protect the people.

God Bless King Abdullah and his people.

Back
Top Bottom