JRF reaction to murder of Jordanian pilot Muath al-Kasasbeh: February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just for clarification....the person the king quoted was Clint Eastwood and was a line from the move, 'Unforgiven".

I am very glad to see such a strong response from a country in the region. The reason these terrorists have gotten so out of hand is that no one seems to have the will to do what needs to be done. Until people stand up they will continue to do as they have been.

LaRae

I agree, I'm glad Jordan will join us in standing up to ISIS.

Already 55 of these Nazi ISIS soldiers are dead after King Abdullah's airstrike. In Greece people say bravo to King Abdullah in social media for his braveness

Last edited:
Your post is difficult to read and doesn't make sense for me, anyway, the death penalty was hold until there was a need for retaliation, on the other hand ISIS doesn't care for the executed and it will continue despite the execution which I guess were done just to satisfy pilot's family.
When you write here your opinion, you do it to affect the people globally? Me not.
When you execute these people, you act like ISIS.
Of course all the countries must fight ISIS, it is a threat for every country. Here, in Greece, we watch the ISIS atrocities and feel terrified

Act like IS?Me?Well well,I never thought of it like that...Hmmm Nah,no way.I prefer the ECB over IS thank you.

The terrorists were not just killed to satisfy the family of the late pilot!What a simple thought I must say.No,it goes much much deeper,further then that.The Nation is furious,every single reasonable soul is furious.
And rightfully so.

Jordan doesn't want to end up like Yemen or Iraq.

LaRae

Bravo for the King of Jordan! No one deserves to die the way the pilot did. No one. I heard his mother just died too because she was really heart broken over the death of her son. May she and her son rest in peace.

Now, here's to wishing/hoping that Obama will go after ISIS like King Abdullah did.

Last edited:
I have to applaud King Abdullah. He has stayed true to his word and is showing his people that they can be strong in the face of terrorism.

All I have seem from the UK is Cobra meetings but no real result or productiveness. These terrorists need to be taken in hand quickly and not left to extend their control.

Bravo for the King of Jordan! No one deserves to die the way the pilot did. No one. I heard his mother just died too because she was really heart broken over the death of her son. May she and her son rest in peace.

Now, here's to wishing/hoping that Obama will go after ISIS like King Abdullah did.

We are going after ISIS, but other countries must step up too.

And they want to remain a civilized state, which is why HM will do what he can to ensure that Jordon does not fall to ISIS. Being a politically correct namby pamby like most western countries does nothing to protect the people.

God Bless King Abdullah and his people.
Couldn't agree with you more. We are so PC that I think it inhibits our ability to exact a plan for dealing with terrorists. Just my opinion though.

Last edited:
If it was up to me, anywhere ISIS is would be blown to smithereens.

God bless, and succour the people of Jordan, and their King & Queen.

And they want to remain a civilized state, which is why HM will do what he can to ensure that Jordon does not fall to ISIS. Being a politically correct namby pamby like most western countries does nothing to protect the people.

God Bless King Abdullah and his people.

the comment about civilised or not country was for the executions, not for the King's decision to declare war against ISIS. You blame western countries for everything but they are Jordan's allies in the same moment.

I sincerely hope this is the beginning of the turning point for the Muslim world to unite, stand up to and eventually remove the extremist who have hijacked Islam for their barbaric actions.

Because it's the Muslims themselves who are best at dealing with these fanatics.
The fanatics will never stop on their own accord! They will keep on killing until they are eventually stopped. And should they accomplish their goal of a world wide caliphate it will still continue. Because then the "witch-hunts" will start. Then they will start to kill those who are not "Muslim enough". Fanatics cannot stop! They cannot see reason. They will not compromise.

It is, I fear, a race between the moderate Muslim majority stopping the extremists and the extremists doing their very best to drag the whole Muslim world into a mad showdown. Because at some point the extremists will go too far and most of the world will join together to take them out once and for all. Just like the Nazis. And should that happen it will not be a question of "are you a moderate Muslim or are you a fanatic"? It will instead be: "Are you a Muslim? Then you are my enemy". And it will not just be a showdown between the Muslim world and the West, it will be a lot worse.
Make no mistake: There is nothing the extremists would like better than to drag all Muslims into a world wide showdown, because they are convinced they will win. That they will instead be cursed by the survivors is not something they even consider.

Last edited:
Act like IS?Me?Well well,I never thought of it like that...Hmmm Nah,no way.I prefer the ECB over IS thank you.

The terrorists were not just killed to satisfy the family of the late pilot!What a simple thought I must say.No,it goes much much deeper,further then that.The Nation is furious,every single reasonable soul is furious.
And rightfully so.

When a country answer an execution with another execution this is not civilised but I don't try to persuade you, there is no hope.
The pilot was member of well known family, close to royal family.

Jordan's Queen Rania (C) carries a picture of the recently executed Jordanian pilot Muath al-Kassasbeh with the words reading in Arabic 'Muath is a martyr of right' during a march after noon pray in down town Amman, Jordan, 06 February 2015. Thousands of Jordanians gathered in a show of solidarity for the Jordanian pilot burnt alive by the group calling itself Islamic State (IS) after being held by the group since his capture in late December, in response to the pilot's death the Jordanian Government executed two convicted terrorists and has since carried out a number of bombing raids on IS targets in Iraq and Syria.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/641200387708794
http://www.imagebam.com/image/640306387708797
http://www.imagebam.com/image/2d808a387708798

Last edited:
I sincerely hope this is the beginning of the turning point for the Muslim world to unite, stand up to and eventually remove the extremist who have hijacked Islam for their barbaric actions.

Because it's the Muslims themselves who are best at dealing with these fanatics.
The fanatics will never stop on their own accord! They will keep on killing until they are eventually stopped. And should they accomplish their goal of a world wide caliphate it will still continue. Because then the "witch-hunts" will start. Then they will start to kill those who are not "Muslim enough". Fanatics cannot stop! They cannot see reason. They will not compromise.

It is, I fear, a race between the moderate Muslim majority stopping the extremists and the extremists doing their very best to drag the whole Muslim world into a mad showdown. Because at some point the extremists will go too far and most of the world will join together to take them out once and for all. Just like the Nazis. And should that happen it will not be a question of "are you a moderate Muslim or are you a fanatic"? It will instead be: "Are you a Muslim? Then you are my enemy". And it will not just be a showdown between the Muslim world and the West, it will be a lot worse.
Make no mistake: There is nothing the extremists would like better than to drag all Muslims into a world wide showdown, because they are convinced they will win. That they will instead be cursed by the survivors is not something they even consider.

I am new here and have been reading this thread and many other threads since it started, I have to say your comment was extremely insightful and brilliant. Thank You for pointing out that this world is now reaching a crisis point like it reached with WW2 and the Nazi's.

Jordan's Queen Rania (C) holds a picture of recently executed Jordanian pilot Muath al-Kasasbeh, with the words in Arabic reading "Muath is a martyr of right", during a march after Friday prayers in downtown Amman February 6, 2015.

She attended the march with her sister

ImageBam
ImageBam
ImageBam
ImageBam
ImageBam
ImageBam
ImageBam
ImageBam

... [snipped].
While your comments have a point, the question "Which countries opened the Pandora box and destabilised the region?" should be asked.

Last edited:
While your comments have a point, the question "Which countries opened the Pandora box and destabilised the region?" should be asked.

I'm afraid that question is irrelevant if the balloon goes up.

If say a weapon of mass destruction - chemical, nuclear or biological goes off in Shanghai, Tel Aviv, Mumbai, Nairobi or Boston (all of them plausible targets). No one is going to ask such questions.

You are welcome, Nightowl. And congratulations on your first post. :)

Last edited:
I just hope that the stars are aligned in favor of Jordan and that KAII will have the strength and substance to protect his Kingdom from division and possible civil insurrection. I don't care how he does it, either. Yep.

JORDAN- FEBRUARY 5: Queen Rania of Jordan consoles Anwar Al Tarawneh, the wife of the Jordanian pilot Muath Al Kasasbeh, who was burned to death after being held hostage by Islamic State (IS) on February 5, 2015, in Aey, Jordan. Muath al-Kasaesbeh was captured by the terror group after crashing his plane near Raqqa in northern Syria, during a mission against IS in December.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

With Muath´s mother:

ImageBam

Queen Rania´s tears

Las lágrimas de Rania de Jordania: la Reina consuela a la devastada mujer del piloto asesinado por ISIS

We haven't seen a threat like ISIS for quite a while. It's good to see a leader in the Middle East taking decisive action.

I am new here and have been reading this thread and many other threads since it started, I have to say your comment was extremely insightful and brilliant. Thank You for pointing out that this world is now reaching a crisis point like it reached with WW2 and the Nazi's.

Answering this question, which is so emotionally and politically loaded, would quickly degenerate into the kind of argument which has no place here.

Last edited by a moderator:

First off there was a legitimate reason for other countries to come into the region...and most of the free world, to include almost every single Muslim country, were involved.

LaRae

Living here in NYC and seeing 9/11, I don't think that there would be a world leader who could answer that question if a weapon of mass destruction would go off in any of the major cities around the world. There is no country to hide in this world from Isis, they want total control and will go to the ends of the earth to get it, also being a part time student at NYU and studying world economics', I think that there would be no world leaders left to answer your question if that weapon went off. I admire KA for taking such a strong stand against people that use religion as a means to control and create fear. My prayers are that the world leaders today would stand beside him so that the world can have peace for all.

I agree that in the grand scheme of things, the question you ask is a very relevant one and should be carefully and considerately debated and answered. Whether that should be done here is another matter, because the whole issue is so very sensitive.

With regard to King Abdullah's reaction to the murder of the Jordanian pilot, my initial thoughts upon hearing the news were that I didn't think the "retaliatory" executions would be very helpful, I didn't think it was the right thing to do and am still not sure. However, I also thought "well at least he has made a decision, has acted quickly and not just sat around talking about it and doing nothing.

What ISIS is doing and the way they are doing it is a danger to everyone, a danger to muslims and non-muslims alike. I cannot begin to imagine what needs to be done in order to contain them and stop them. I wouldn't know where to start.

They weren't really retaliatory executions though...the men had already been tried and sentenced to death before they murdered the Jordanian pilot.

The proceeding bombing etc are retaliatory. Good for them.

LaRae

The bombings should have been happening in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom