Jordan's Royal Residences

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"I wish I could see what the apartment looks like. I guess it wouldn't be adjacent to any other apartments."

It'll probably in a really exclusive block of flats with great security

Little_star said:
"The two live in an apartment in the suburbs of Amman, a wedding present from the late king which they prefer to any of the eight royal palaces scattered around the city, and are the epitome of normality – or as normal as you can be when you are royalty. Rania still puts their children to bed herself, and her husband is not above whipping up the occasional evening meal."
http://www.hellomagazine.com/profiles/kingabdullah/

so it seems Rania and Abdullah don't live in a palace, as somebody stated before

This is a bit dated. KA and QR lived in Al-Baraka palace, wich is actually a decent sized home...not aot.

Now i heard that they built a very large place. Very sophisticated and big.

Don't know much about it though.

albaraka palace is asmall vella .....used as huose for the late king hussein and Queen noor brfore bab alsalam ...it was king abdullah and Queen ranias widding gift

I heard that too. I also remember reading that Rania had ordered very expensive tile work for the new palace. Very grand indeed. She was also once quoted as saying that they needed a newer and bigger place b/c their current palace wasn't built for recieving guests like the ones they get.

jordan_frist said:
This is a bit dated. KA and QR lived in Al-Baraka palace, wich is actually a decent sized home...not aot.

Now i heard that they built a very large place. Very sophisticated and big.

Don't know much about it though.

I agree with you, Little Star. KH and QA's former palace, al Hashmiya, is striking. Interesting though that QA wrote Margaret Trudeau she found it "too modern" for her tastes and would have preferred something more traditional. Her tastes ran more to french provincial furnishings and I don't know if they just didn't "fit" with the palace or she didn't have a choice in the decoration but she "complained" it was lacking in "taste and comfort." I find it striking.

QR, KA and their family moved to a larger palace a year or so ago--for a variety of reasons, space being one of them. While there are photos of the family in their other home, they have yet to allow photographers to take pictures of and inside the new one. I assume it is for privacy and security reasons but would love to see even an exterior view as I'd heard it is extraordinarily beautiful.
niki said:
I heard that too. I also remember reading that Rania had ordered very expensive tile work for the new palace. Very grand indeed. She was also once quoted as saying that they needed a newer and bigger place b/c their current palace wasn't built for recieving guests like the ones they get.

Does anybody have any picture of the new Palace that Rania and Abdullah built, I believe I read that in a magazine a while back, I think it was people. Supposedly it's very modern. And do you know where Prince Hamaz and Princess Noor live?

HRHAmy said:
Does anybody have any picture of the new Palace that Rania and Abdullah built, I believe I read that in a magazine a while back, I think it was people. Supposedly it's very modern. And do you know where Prince Hamaz and Princess Noor live?

I haven't seen any exterior shots of King Abdullah and Queen Rania's new palace but I believe there are some interior shots of the family in the kitchen and QR in her palace office posted on one of the threads by Humera, I think. I am just guessing they are keeping it under wraps for security reasons. I would like to know where any of the newly marrieds--Hamzah, Hashem, Ali--live and if QN still resides at Ba'ab al Salaam or if she's given it to one of her chidren.

maryshawn said:
I haven't seen any exterior shots of King Abdullah and Queen Rania's new palace but I believe there are some interior shots of the family in the kitchen and QR in her palace office posted on one of the threads by Humera, I think. I am just guessing they are keeping it under wraps for security reasons. I would like to know where any of the newly marrieds--Hamzah, Hashem, Ali--live and if QN still resides at Ba'ab al Salaam or if she's given it to one of her chidren.

I think bab as salaam is a little bit too big for one of her children and the partner.
I'm sure she still resides there, it's the house she built together with her husband and something that remains from their life together.
but it's big enough for her children to live there with their partners and queen noor, I mean, queen noor herself described the house as very big and with different wings (don't know if it's called like this in english, but I mean something like corridors.)

closesttoheaven said:
I think bab as salaam is a little bit too big for one of her children and the partner.
I'm sure she still resides there, it's the house she built together with her husband and something that remains from their life together.
but it's big enough for her children to live there with their partners and queen noor, I mean, queen noor herself described the house as very big and with different wings (don't know if it's called like this in english, but I mean something like corridors.)

Yes, they're called "wings." I just thought with Queen Noor not being there so often perhaps she'd given over at least part of the house--perhaps one of the wings--to Hamzah or Hashem and their wives. And perhaps they do. I haven't heard of either building or receiving an apartment/house to live in since their respective marriages. I wish I could find some of the interior shots of Ba'ab al Salaam. There were a few taken just before KH's death and during the condolences. I recall the main salon being very striking with a huge glass display coffee table with some of his medallions, the flag from his coffin and other memorabilia. And they showed Christine Amanpour around on CNN and it was very lovely.

palaces

Raghadan Palace during the Coronation day Celebrations June 9th, 1999

Bassman Palace, 2001
pictures from http://www.kingabdullah.jo

Attachments

• k_basman.jpg
    k_basman.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 5,762
  • k_raghadan palace during the Coronation day Celebrations.jpg
    k_raghadan palace during the Coronation day Celebrations.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 7,520
Last edited:
Can someone tell me where the K and Q live most of their days and is it close to the city.The place in Aqaba is it the week-end home for all Royals of the Jordan family or it just the King's? I am a little confused since their so many Palaces in Jordan. I read their build a brand new Palace. Its it a old palace and they just renovated it or was it build from the ground up? If they build a brand new Palace in Jordan, would anyone on the forum who lives in Jordan might of seen the home building build? I know I have many questions, but if someone can clear it up for me I would appreciate it? Merci.

Claudia Lisa Remy said:
Can someone tell me where the K and Q live most of their days and is it close to the city.The place in Aqaba is it the week-end home for all Royals of the Jordan family or it just the King's? I am a little confused since their so many Palaces in Jordan. I read their build a brand new Palace. Its it a old palace and they just renovated it or was it build from the ground up? If they build a brand new Palace in Jordan, would anyone on the forum who lives in Jordan might of seen the home building build? I know I have many questions, but if someone can clear it up for me I would appreciate it? Merci.

There are so many homes it is hard to figure out. I think KA got the Aqaba Palace/retreat upon the death of KH. There's been no mention of QN going there since and when the bombings in Aqaba occured, the press mentioned, the missed "the royal palace of King Abdullah." My understanding is that the home QR/KA lived in after they married (it was a gift from KH for their wedding according to "Leap of Faith" as QN says they built it but found it too small) is no longer the home they live in and they built a new palace in a neighborhood of Amman several years ago. As far as I know, there are no photos of it thus far thought KA/QR and their family posed for shots for "Hello" in Aqaba after P Hashem's birth.

I heared about anew palace for KA and QR.... Is it ( bait alordon ) jordan house or house of jordan in english

wait a minute, how many palaces has the royal family got in jordan????????

I read that the Palace that the K and Q got build took ten years to build. Can someone confirm if this is true. Ten years seems a long time to build a palace and if so, How big is it??????

Claudia Lisa Remy said:
I read that the Palace that the K and Q got build took ten years to build. Can someone confirm if this is true. Ten years seems a long time to build a palace and if so, How big is it??????

I've read that too, "it took ten years" but I think they didn't mean to apply the sence that they started building 10yrs ago, or show #of years, all it means that even though they became king and queen, they were modest enough to stay in their old palace for many more years, but then when the family expanded they moved

chaqruga said:
wait a minute, how many palaces has the royal family got in jordan????????
there are more than eight, but they are used for official/goverment duties, no one sleeps there,they don't belong to a specific member. But they all have personal residences; palaces or villas. Ex; P.Aisha lives in a nice big villa, same with P.Faisal, Prince Hassan, PBasma...

Last edited by a moderator:
Raghadan Palace

what information is there (official and unofficial) on the king and queen's official residence? where they ever pictured inside?

King and Queen live in Beit Al Urdun.

Raghadan Palace
H.M. KING ABDULLAH OF JORDAN . on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

King Abdullah's House in Aqaba
Flickr Photo Download: King Abdullah's House in Aqaba

La Mareta.

This house is in Canary Islands, Spain. King Hussein built it 1979 but he never live there. King Hussein and Queen Noor visited the house in 1983 with their childrens. Only Prince Abdullah and Rania were there during their honeymoon. King Hussein gave the house to his friend, King Juan Carlos in circa 1988. "La Mareta" was designed by the spanish architect Cesar Manrique.
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/salmaf/mr.jpg
Semana&Hola
(These pics were taken in 1983 King Hussein and Queen Noor visited the house and they let the photographers took pics)
La Mareta today:
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/salmaf/6888-2g.jpg
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/salmaf/6888-1g.jpg
canariassiete

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pictures and info. salma.
If King Hussein gave "La Mareta" to King Juan Carlos in 1988 then did the Spanish royals offer it to Abdullah and Rania for their honeymoon?

Thanks for the pictures and info. salma.
If King Hussein gave "La Mareta" to King Juan Carlos in 1988 then did the Spanish royals offer it to Abdullah and Rania for their honeymoon?

Sorry, were Faysal and Alia. They were during their honeymoon in Spain, first in Canary and last in Andalusia (when they let took pics). Sorry:bang::blush:

That's okay.
So did Feisal and Alia stay at La Mareta?

i think somewhere i read that prince hamzah and noor stay for their honeymoon there but im not sure. does anyone know?

That's okay.
So did Feisal and Alia stay at La Mareta?
Yes Humera they were in Lanzarote (the island where is La Mareta) in August 1987. After they travel to Andalusia and visited "Alhambra" palace.:flowers:

i think somewhere i read that prince hamzah and noor stay for their honeymoon there but im not sure. does anyone know?
I never read it Mahala. I know Hamzah was in Lanzarote in 1994 with his father and Prince Talal.

Beit Al Bahr Palace.
Flickr Photo Download: King Abdullah's House in Aqaba again
Flickr Photo Download: King Abdullah's House in Aqaba again

The Aqaba house is lovely (I remember the pictures of the interior from Hello a couple of years ago) and this is the first time I've heard its formal name.
What does the name translate into? house of water?

I was thinking about the same thing :previous: I remember the summer house in Aqaba from an old interview in the Greek magazine Life & Style.They all looked so happy,fresh and relaxed!!It doesn't really matter how beautiful the house looks,but how it can make its owners feel,in my opinion :flowers:

have a look at post #31 of this thread for pictures of Beit Al Bahr during King Hussein and Queen Noor's time.
I've seen similar pictures of King Abdullah, Queen Rania and kids at Aqaba. It seems to be a wonderful family getaway, full of comfort and warmth.

Back
Top Bottom