Independence Day: May 25, 1999-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The more time passes by the more I come to think that CP Hussein resembles his uncle Hamzah. Which isn't odd at all. King Hussein's genes still run in the family.
But am I the only one who gets this impression?

Thank you all for the galleries and photos! I always look forward to Jordan's Independence Day celebrations! :flowers:

@RHCJO: His Majesty addresses Jordanians on the occasion of Independence Day and up-coming National Celebrations #May25JO https://t.co/PMYYAkbK5V

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpCNgM1XgVM&feature=youtu.be

King to address nation on Independence Day
Amman, May 24 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II will address the nation at 8 p.m Tuesday through the Jordan Radio and Television Corporation channel and the Royal Court pages on social networking websites on the 70th anniversary of Jordan's independence, Centennial of the Great Arab Revolt and other national occasions.

Last edited:
This year prince Hashem bin Abdullah II made his first appearance at independence celebrations. Other family members who attended are princess Muna , princess Salma, Feisal & his wife princess Zeina, Prince Ali & princess Rym, Prince Hashem bin Al Hussein, princess Alia,prince Rashed, princess Sumaya, princess Rahma & her husband, Princess Ghida& her son Prince Hussein bin Talal, prince Raad & princess Majida, prince Mired, Prince Asem & princess Sana ....

Princess Zeina Al-Feisal talked to queen Rania for a while. Prince Raad also caught my attention when he clapped his hands for King Abdullah II & CP Hussein before greeting them.I wonder why?? Perhaps he likes the ceremony.

Last edited:
Prince Raad also caught my attention when he clapped his hands for King Abdullah II & CP Hussein before greeting them.I wonder why?? Perhaps he likes the ceremony.

It´s typical of him. :flowers:

I use to love following these occasions but now princess alia al tabbaa hardly attends these celebrations & not many other family members too, its very unappealing imo!!!

I use to love following these occasions but now princess alia al tabbaa hardly attends these celebrations & not many other family members too, its very unappealing imo!!!

one would think for a special anniversary (70th Independence Day & 100th anniversary of the Great Arab Revolt) maybe the entire family would come out and celebrate but there were so few of them (and again the same old people - where are the others??) and I'm surprised that Princess Iman (perhaps she's busy or doesn't want to be in public's eye) didn't attend again, it was strange looking when Abdullah and Rania were photographed with Hussein, Salma & Hashem...all children were there except Iman.

apart from the music and the 3D thing, I wouldn't have known that it's a special occasion of 70th Independence Day because I don't really see too much of a difference from their previous celebrations. :ermm: nonetheless this year was a beautiful celebration.

Last edited:
one would think for a special anniversary (70th Independence Day & 100th anniversary of the Great Arab Revolt) maybe the entire family would come out and celebrate but there were so few of them (and again the same old people - where are the others??) and I'm surprised that Princess Iman (perhaps she's busy or doesn't want to be in public's eye) didn't attend again, it was strange looking when Abdullah and Rania were photographed with Hussein, Salma & Hashem...all children were there except Iman.

apart from the music and the 3D thing, I wouldn't have known that it's a special occasion of 70th Independence Day because I don't really see too much of a difference from their previous celebrations. :ermm: nonetheless this year was a beautiful celebration.

This ceremony is very formal usually & couldn't be better IMO.
Most of the JRF attended except those who are not attending this event usually.They will gather again next week on June 2nd to celebrate the Centennial of the Great Arab Revolt in a huge military parade to be held in Amman. Also, on Friday, June 3rd the capital municipality will organize a big celebration with firework at night.

Last edited:
I think as Rossina and we should remember how they celebrate that day in their early years as King and Queen.

King congratulates the nation on Independence Day

Amman, May 24 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Wednesday congratulated the nation on its 71st Independence Day, which falls tomorrow May 25th, and said it is an occasion to proudly recall the great achievements of the first generation of builders and their great services to this most precious homeland.

Following is the full text of His Majesty's remarks posted on his official Twitter account: "In the name of God, the Most Merciful, the Compassionate, Prayers and peace be upon the Arab Hashemite Prophet Mohammad, My brothers and sisters, Peace, God’s mercy and blessings be upon you, and happy Independence Day to you and to our beloved Jordan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKCA5uhqKR0

JRF who attended this year:
Among the king & queen`s children only princess Salma was present. So did prince Feisal & his wife princess Zeina, Princess Ayah & her Husband Mr. Mohamad Halawani, Prince Hashem bin Al Hussein, Princess Alia Al Hussein, Prince Hussein Mirza & his wife Lama, Prince El Hassan bin Talal, Prince Rashed El Hassan & princess Zeina Rashed, Princess Rahma & Mr. Alaa Batayneh, Princess Ghida with her Son prince Hussein bin Talal, Prince Ali Bin Nayef & Reema, Prince Asem bin Nayef & princess Sana Asem.

(Video at 55:31)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRrF3dGQSbY

Nice family gathering,Imane and Hussein are missing but i guess they are busy with studies.

Back
Top Bottom