If You Had to be Adopted by a Member of the JRF. . .

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

papillon

Nobility
Which one would it be?

OK, I've been a working fool for a number of weeks and just today tried to bring myself up to date on some of the JRF discussion threads. I'm really depressed about the argumentative, hostile tone taken on one of the threads I began some time ago. Sorry. So I'm trying to lighten it up here, add a little levity. Feel free to be creative. If you want two parents who aren't necessarily married to each other, close in age, or even of different sexes, make up your own perfect little JRF family and include yourself as the favored, pampered child. :)

Now, I need to come up with a good answer to my own little fantasy question. Who are the two smartest, mellowest members of the JRF? I think I'd want them for parents.

I don't want to be adopted by the JRF.

I want to be Jasim's personal maid and servant.
Or Shk Mo's racing manager.
Or Shk Ahmed's private dresser and falcon wrangler.

But the JRF...no way.....not in a million years.....wayyyyyy too many issues.

hmm.....

How about Princess Basma as mother and Princess Hassan as father...yes yes I know they are brother and sister but I like there personalites the best and they both seem the most down to earth and the ones who would take the most time off for their kids...

madonna23 said:
How about Princess Basma as mother and Princess Hassan as father...yes yes I know they are brother and sister but I like there personalites the best and they both seem the most down to earth and the ones who would take the most time off for their kids...

Umm,I would Say Princess Alia bent Al-Hussien and Prince Hassan or Maybe Prince Raed Bin zaid...either one of the three.

Ipi Tombe said:
But the JRF...no way.....not in a million years.....wayyyyyy too many issues.

Good point, Ipi. If I want dysfunction, I can just keep my own family. :)

OK, it's twisted, but I think I'm going to go for an incestual menage a trois. I want P. Basma for one of my mothers, because she sets such a good example of a working professional. . .works hard, keeps her nose to the grindstone, is a bit unsung, but accomplished. I want P. Hassan and P. Sarvath for my other parents because they seem wise and nurturing, and all their children seem to have turned out to be decent, respectable, and supremely well-adjusted human beings.

Queen Noor and King Hussein--no question. They raised great kids as evidenced by Hamzah's recent decision to forgo a big reception and give to Jordanian's poor. Smart, savvy, well educated and funny, able to withstand shock and grief, I think they would've been excellent role models as parents.

maryshawn said:
Queen Noor and King Hussein--no question. They raised great kids as evidenced by Hamzah's recent decision to forgo a big reception and give to Jordanian's poor. Smart, savvy, well educated and funny, able to withstand shock and grief, I think they would've been excellent role models as parents.

Except it is Ali who has decided to have a quiet wedding, not Hamzah ! His was last May with quite a lot of razz ma tazz.

not to be a stickular for details but QN and KH raised Ali, also. so the comment stands. they did raise some good kids (even if they do get mis-identified from time to time).

shelley said:
Except it is Ali who has decided to have a quiet wedding, not Hamzah ! His was last May with quite a lot of razz ma tazz.

shelley said:

Actually compared to most Arab weddings and KA wedding, Hamzah's wedding was pretty quiet.

Also I think its too soon to tell what Ali will do. KA is still hosting a reception

cut1me said:
Actually compared to most Arab weddings and KA wedding, Hamzah's wedding was pretty quiet.

This is true, but it was larger than royal wedding hitherto, even than the one of then P. Abdullah and P. Rania.

shelley said:
This is true, but it was larger than royal wedding hitherto, even than the one of then P. Abdullah and P. Rania.

what's hitherto?

cut1me said:

This is true, but it was larger than any other royal wedding hitherto, including those of his two elder brothers. K. Abdullah's wedding had fewer people, and the settings were far simpler. Having said that, no-one jumped out of a plane brandishing a sword to cut the cake with, as they did at A & R 's wedding !

shelley said:
This is true, but it was larger than any other royal wedding hitherto, including those of his two elder brothers. K. Abdullah's wedding had fewer people, and the settings were far simpler. Having said that, no-one jumped out of a plane brandishing a sword to cut the cake with, as they did at A & R 's wedding !

actually if i remenber right, im not 100% sure but rumor is that KA and P.Faisal had huge weddings.

LOL i guess it depends what a small quiet wedding is for them ;)

cut1me said:
what's hitherto?

So far.....

There were more foreign royals ( who were not necessarily friends of the young couple ) at H & N 's wedding, than there had been at any other wedding, which meant a large number of cars, royal suites, ADC's,. security, etc., and also, some 800 guests plus attendent entourages had to make their way to or be transported to Aqaba for stage 2, all of which doesn't really add up to a simple wedding. Even if Abdullah and Feisal's had been the same in numbers ( which they weren't ) they were all heald in the same place which has to make a difference.

Last edited:
it will b interesting to see what Ali does and if it indeed will be quiet

cut1me said:
actually if i remenber right, im not 100% sure but rumor is that KA and P.Faisal had huge weddings.

LOL i guess it depends what a small quiet wedding is for them ;)

They were huge for when they happened as it was not the norm in Jordan to have large glitzy ' stage managed' weddings. However, nothing the royal family have done can match some of the vastly extravagant functions that have been taking place throughout Jordan this summer, and in the recent past ( except for the guest list ).

shelley said:
They were huge for when they happened as it was not the norm in Jordan to have large glitzy ' stage managed' weddings. However, nothing the royal family have done can match some of the vastly extravagant functions that have been taking place throughout Jordan this summer, and in the recent past ( except for the guest list ).

wow really has it been a crazy summer in Jordan?

cut1me said:
wow really has it been a crazy summer in Jordan?

It has indeed. Fireworks all night long as everybody but everybody now has fireworks. At a wedding last week there were three occasions when the skies erupted - when the couple arrived, when the cut the cake and when they started the dancing.......

shelley said:
It has indeed. Fireworks all night long as everybody but everybody now has fireworks. At a wedding last week there were three occasions when the skies erupted - when the couple arrived, when the cut the cake and when they started the dancing.......

LOL cool but what a waste of money... sorry just my opinion

Your Choice? Which of the JRFs would you want to be a member of?

Another thread got me thinking....We are all very interested in JRF or this wouldn't be such a popular site. If you had to choose to be part of/born into one of the JRF's, which would it be and why?

I guess I would probably choose King Hussein and--surprise--Princess Muna. Surprising because I really like Queens Alia and Noor. But KH and PM raised 4 great kids and managed to lead very normal lives. The accounts of KA's childhood and his siblings lead me to believe this was the closest marriage in terms of compatability and normalcy. They were more westernized than QA and QN but the had fun together--she taught him to swim@. Being QA's child, as many posts have pointed out, was tough as she dies so young and QN had her own kids so it seemed she treated them differently. I don't think it's inaccurate (nor natuaral human behavior) to favor your own children first. It seems lke a really tense environment. And, of course, KH and his first wife got along like cats and dogs....she was outspoken, marriage arranged, and you have to want out pretty badly to do what KH did. Wait till she goes on vacation out of the country then divorces her and keeps her away from her own daughter for five years. What in the heck was he thinking anyway? For all his humane qualities, this was odd and horrible--a really cruel thing to do, separating mom and daughter.......PM was the one who apparently had the heart and depth to restructure the relationship so Dina could see Alia, her daughter. She may not have been cover of Vogue gorgeous but the more I learn about Muna, the more impressed I am. Kind, considerate, thinking of others, creating a "family" household,....and not airing the dirty laundry of what must have been very hurtful--divorce 1 day, remarrriage to Alia the next day. But she didn't say one bad word about them and--unlike Noor and Hussein--there were no animosities between Muna and all of his children. So that's my vote.

Anyone else?

Mary Shawn

PS Of course being Rania's daughter would mean you'd never have to say "I have nothing to wear" when going out!!!!

None Of Them

I would not choose ANY because JRF raises a lot of unethical questions, the way they came to power and how they are handling this power, etc...are all reasons not to choose one of them...:eek:

Yikes, what a fantasy question
confused.gif
! Unless you were a fly on the wall and knew their real daily routines you can't really assume that a "normal" ideal childhood is a fact and not publicity driven fiction(.."la la laaa after we had tea sandwitches we children would run in the field and pick a bouquet of wild flowers for darling mummy" ). Some public figures like to make their childhoods & and family life nicer (often leave out abusive parent, neglect, divorce..) and more affluent than reality (ie:Ms. Stewart, Nancy Reagan) yes, some kids in multi-marriage families get "lost" and some are daddy's favorities and some have no recollection of what another sibling claims happened years ago until they see them spin yarns on tv, mag interview or a book. So like Moon ,I can't pick any family . I think they have alot of skeletons in their closets.
Wittykitty
frown.gif

None of them eiether !!!!!!
But I would have liked to have spent more time with Dina [1st Queen] cos she was one lovley lady !
Janice

Muna was a lovley Lady !!! and not just cos we;re both Brits !
She came across to me as very warm and friendly
She lived 'next door' when I worked for Alia in the late 80's --they had a pool so I used to take Hussein there to swim --usaully with a group of his freinds
It was just 'next door'
Janice

Did you ever see Alia?

Dear Janice,

What a fascinating life! What was Alia like? I've admired Muna a lot but know more because she lived longer, thank goodness. I think being a royal in Jordan is a risky business......What were your impressions of Alia? Her daughter would have us think she was always happy and upbeat; others say she was sad about her husband not being faithful all the time......Was she as pretty as her daughter, down to earth, nice to others? I admire her too and feel so bad she met such an untimely end......If you can say anything, I'd love to read it! Thanks, Mary Shawn

NannyJanny said:
Muna was a lovley Lady !!! and not just cos we;re both Brits !
She came across to me as very warm and friendly
She lived 'next door' when I worked for Alia in the late 80's --they had a pool so I used to take Hussein there to swim --usaully with a group of his freinds
It was just 'next door'
Janice

Hi Maryswan
I never met Queen Alia --she died years before I was there in the late 1980's I worked as Nanny for Princess Alia --the oldest child of King Hussein and Dina his first wife
But I do remeber we went kiteing once Hussein myself [his guard and a driver]
Up on a hill you could see for miles and nearby were what looked like ski lifts [that looked abandoned] and a typical Jordanain huge House in the distance [all white huge and very 70's bricky looking ]
Also nearby was this dome which looked Blue --It was the Palace of the Late Queen Alia and King Hussein and the Blue Dome was her tomb --which was I did get to see a little closer the dome is also a mosque
It was kind of sad to see like the area was kind of left behind in time
I think is'nt that palace a childrens home now ????? I hope it is as it would be such a shame to just leave it there like that and not put it to use
Janice
May Shawn did you meet any of the Family as you just seem very familliar with them ???

This forum is supposed to be fun.....I agree. I'm racking my brain again for the perfect parents.......I'm going to change my view--Queen Alia because she was by ALL accounts, fun and a great mom and Prince Feisal because he's nice, a great dad, doesn't put on airs, is loyal to all family members and has his priorities in order. Also, you don't hear about him doing nutty things in helicopters or creating controversy with overspending and acting irresponsibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom