If King Hussein Were Still Alive

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

papillon

Nobility
I've wondered, especially in the context of international relations, how things might be different if KH were still alive. I think there'd be more progress towards an end to the Intifada and the building of the walls around the Palestinian refugee camps in the Gaza and the West Bank. I also think he might have been a much-needed, credible voice of reason and a cultural bridge in the aftermath of 9/11, perhaps able to thwart events in Iraq.

Within the family, I like to think he'd have stood up for QN and that her current status as (seemingly) persona non grata within the family would never have been. I don't think CP Hamzah would have married so young, and I like to think KH would've twisted his daughter's arm into not entering into a polygamous marriage. I think he'd like P. Ali's new wife. QR would have never become the world's first royal supermodel.

What else would be different and, probably, better?

I would also hope he would have talked Haya out of marrying into a polygamous marriage if he was still alive.

I think he would've been a strong advocate for peace and played some role in the Iraqi war.....perhaps heading it off.

QN would be still head of the family w/her husband and given the requisite respect.

KH would be training Hamzah for role of King.

Abdullah and Rania would be a nice young couple around town.

Haya would never have married the man she married.

It is such a shame he is no longer around. He had so much to give....and so much more to do.

He did not have the time to make the changes he wanted to make.......and thus QN is an outcast (virtually), QR and KA are too busy traveling the world and promoting Jordan--a good thing but there are problems within the country that need addressing. If he had lived 10 more years, so many lives--within and beyond his family--would be vastly different.

Or so I think.

Originally posted by maryshawn@Jun 26th, 2004 - 12:05 am
I think he would've been a strong advocate for peace and played some role in the Iraqi war.....perhaps heading it off.

QN would be still head of the family w/her husband and given the requisite respect.

KH would be training Hamzah for role of King.

Abdullah and Rania would be a nice young couple around town.

Haya would never have married the man she married.

It is such a shame he is no longer around. He had so much to give....and so much more to do.

He did not have the time to make the changes he wanted to make.......and thus QN is an outcast (virtually), QR and KA are too busy traveling the world and promoting Jordan--a good thing but there are problems within the country that need addressing. If he had lived 10 more years, so many lives--within and beyond his family--would be vastly different.

Or so I think.
Agree with you on almost all counts, Mary Shawn (except I'm not sure he'd be grooming CP Hamzah, though I have little doubt QN would be advocating for that). I think most of us would be better off if he were still around.

Originally posted by papillon@Jun 25th, 2004 - 11:26 pm

Within the family, I like to think he'd have stood up for QN and that her current status as (seemingly) persona non grata within the family would never have been. I don't think CP Hamzah would have married so young, and I like to think KH would've twisted his daughter's arm into not entering into a polygamous marriage. I think he'd like P. Ali's new wife. QR would have never become the world's first royal supermodel.

What else would be different and, probably, better?
that's a very interesting question.

I think if KH was still alive, P.Hamzah would probably be CP and getting trained to be king. as he was apparently his dad's favorite he would be training him. Rania and Abdullah would be as they were before KA became king, he would still be in the army and rania would still be doing charity work as P.Alia al faisal is doing. She probably also would be spending more time with her kids.

As for Ali, i think his life would still be as bad. The only reason he became better was cause KA took him under his wing. Poor Ali, i feel sorry for him. I dont think he would be marrying Rym, im sorry i just dont understand that relationship.
As for Haya, i think KH would have been happy for his daughter, she married a great man who clearly cares for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom